A Soldier's Gypsy Ch. 02

Story Info
How they met, and what comes next...
5.6k words
4.54
19.4k
10

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 01/10/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
indianfire
indianfire
175 Followers

Author's Note: This is the sequel to "A Soldier's Gypsy". This is a love story though it does contain sex. If you're into instant gratification, this may not be for you.I hope you enjoy the story, and please vote!! Feel free to comment or send me feedback :)

---

She rolls onto her back and stretches in bed. Thinking about the dream she had the night before, she realizes that it still seems so vivid in her mind. She turns over and curls up, ready to lounge in bed just a little longer. A surprised little squeal escapes her when she sees Gabe lying completely still in front of her. His eyes are open and focused on her, but his body is stealthily still. Her brows furrow as her brain attempts to process the situation.

Her dream hadn't been a dream at all. It had been as real as she had wanted it to be. She had wanted him since the moment she met him Guam. She had been on vacation there, and he had been stationed there for a year on his military base. The sexy soldier hadn't noticed her at first; instead he had noticed her friend Morgan.

[One year ago]

It made her miserable to watch Morgan, who always got what she wanted, get the guy that she had wanted. However, she wasn't surprised. Her friend had gorgeous red hair and blue eyes to match the color of the tropical waters where they were staying. She also flirted like the dickens and had a body to match her beautiful face. Raine was beautiful, but she just didn't have that confident personality like her friend. So she had watched in silence, keeping everything to herself. It killed her to watch Gabe fall for Morgan, but she couldn't stay away.

Gabe was friendly toward her, but he never showed her any romantic favor. He was sweet and funny, but he was also so rugged and masculine. He had a voice that rubbed her nerves like velvet. She felt like she knew him so well already. He was amazing. His big hands managed to be gentle and his smile was always genuine, but it was mostly for Morgan. Everything changed about four days into their week-long vacation.

It was on Wednesday morning, during breakfast. Raine just knew that Gabe and Morgan had sex the night before; she knew her friend too well. Not only that, she had heard it from the other bedroom. It had been torture. Morgan, as pretty as she was, sounded like a hyena in bed. Those obnoxious squeals did tell her one thing though: Gabe must be amazing in bed. She had been tempted to cry herself to sleep.

She was eating her crepes in silence at the hotel when her friend came storming in to meet her. Morgan looked furious and her fiery red hair had a life of its own. Raine said nothing, she knew she'd hear the story soon enough.

"That damn man! Who the Hell does he think he is?" Morgan flailed her arms in frustration, then sat at opposite side of the table. She looked stunning in her vibrant red dress. The sequins were almost blinding and would have looked gaudy on anyone else. It made Raine pale in comparison; she was wearing a simple one-shoulder white beach dress.

"He told me I'm too high maintenance. He said he could tell I was the type that would want a long-term relationship, and that he didn't want that. He said it had been fun, but that's all. He wants to concentrate on his career!" Morgan was seething. She was not used to being turned down at all. It was an entertaining experience to Raine. It was nice not to see Morgan get EVERY guy she wanted. Yet, it was also disheartening. If Gabe didn't want Morgan or a relationship, he definitely wouldn't want her.

"Rae," her friend continued, "I don't know what to do. No guy ever turns me down. What should I do, Rae?"

Wow, this put her between a rock and a hard place. She would feel horrible if she didn't try to help, but if she did help, she might have to suffer even further. Well, it wasn't like she had a chance with Gabe anyway. She might as well just give her friend some honest advice.

"Morgan, just talk to him. Don't go after him if you're just doing it for the challenge. Go after him only if you really like him. He's not going to live here forever, so maybe if you really want to be together, you can be when he's back in the States. If you really want him, you have to convince him that he needs you, that you can be what he wants."

There, she'd done her duty as a friend. She sighed and then rose from the table.

"I'm going to go back to the room for a little while. I'll see you later."

"Okay. Thanks so much Rae. You're my best friend. I'm going to go find him right now!"

Oh joy, she thought, time to head back to the room and drown in some Rocky Road. As she trudged back to their room, she wondered if it would work. She didn't know whether she wanted it to or not. If she was honest with herself, she would admit that she didn't want it to work. She wanted Gabe for herself. There was just no way he felt the same.

How could she be falling for someone she barely knew? Someone her friend was dating? She was so foolish. Gabe was amazing, and she was falling in love with him, even though she would probably never see him again.

Back in her room, she slipped into some comfortable pajamas. Rain began to fall outside. Even paradise wasn't always sunny. The grey sky seemed to match her mood, and she began to cry.

A knock on the door startled her, and she looked up to see a rain-soaked Gabriel standing at the sliding doors. She debated whether she should get up and let him in. He was probably just looking for Morgan. In the end, her manners won out and she got up to answer the door. She avoided looking him in the eye because there were still hot tears on her cheeks.

"Sorry Gabe, Morgan isn't here. She probably went to your apartment to find you."

She still didn't meet his eyes, but damnit, he was too observant. A strong finger lifted her chin so he could see her face. She closed her eyes, but that didn't hide the wet tracks on her face.

"Rae, what's wrong?" he asked. She struggled and tried to turn away, but he wouldn't let her. He pulled her close and rubbed her back. His kindness broke the dam, and the tears started again. Here he was, his arms around her, but she couldn't have him. He probably had no idea that he was the reason she was so upset. She hiccupped and wrapped her arms around his waist. Those big hands stroked her hair and she was a goner. She loved him. It wasn't possible, but it was happening.

Without warning he swept her up into his strong arms and walked over to the bed. He sat down and kept her curled in his lap, her head on his shoulder. Finally the tears dried up, and she was still in his lap. She didn't want to move, but she knew she would have to. His fingertips slid up and down her back in a comforting gesture; it felt so good. He could say whatever he wanted, but he was too sweet to be living alone.

"Rae, tell me what's wrong."

"I can't. It wouldn't help anything and it isn't important anyway."

"Anything that makes you cry is important enough to talk about," he said. She looked into his blue eyes. How could he not see it written all over her face? "Please Rae, just tell me."

"I'm okay now, Gabe. Morgan obviously isn't here, so you can go find her now."

"Who said I was looking for Morgan? Maybe I was looking for you."

"You have no reason to look for me Gabe."

"I disagree. I wasn't looking for Morgan. I wanted to say goodbye to you because I might not be around anymore. I don't want to be with Morgan. It was fun to spend time with her, but I don't want a relationship with her. I think it might be awkward to spend time with the two of you now, but I didn't want to disappear." He brushed his thumb over her cheek. "You never have to see me again, what could it hurt to tell me?"

What the Hell? She decided. He was right; she never would have to see him again.

"Fine, Gabe. You want to know what's wrong? I want you. I hated seeing you with Morgan, but who would give me a second look when I'm standing next to her? Not you. Nope, you're just like the rest of them. I heard you two last night, and you have no idea how much I hated it."

She jumped up from the bed, her Irish temper peeking out. He had never seen this side of her. He reached out, trying to pull her close again.

"No! Don't touch me Gabe, just go away."

"No, I don't want to go away. Calm down Rae."

The look she gave him was so hot it could melt glass. She turned on her heel and ran. He tried to follow her, but she was gone before he knew it.

How did he miss it? Probably because he WAS just like the rest of them. He was captivated by those bright blue eyes and that wide smile. When he had seen them at the beach for the first time, he had thought they were both gorgeous, but Morgan had been the social one. She had the confidence that drew people to her, while Raine had been quiet and sweet like her namesake. She did have a fierce side though, as he had just witnessed. Thinking about it now, she was probably more his type than Morgan. She was the type of girl that you took home to your family, the kind of girl that made a happily ever after. Now she was gone. How had he let her get away?

He didn't see her until the day before she was supposed to leave. He stopped her on her way back to her room. He slid from the shadow of a palm and said her name softly. She stopped in her tracks but didn't turn.

"Raine" he repeated.

She turned now. Her face gave away nothing. He didn't know what to say; he just knew he didn't want to say goodbye this way. Gabe strode to her and took her into his arms. He began whispering softly in her ear.

"I did give you a second look, but you were so quiet. I didn't think you'd be interested, and Morgan did hit on me, so naturally something happened between her and I. You are beautiful Rae. You're gorgeous."

He couldn't stand that icy look on her face any longer. Gabe leaned in to kiss her, determined to melt her frigid exterior. It took only seconds and she turned to putty in his hands. She started kissing back and he was lost. Her tongue teased at his lips and he opened his mouth to allow her tongue in. Her tongue fought with his at first, thrusting and spearing, but then the kiss turned softer. Their tongues met in smooth, wet strokes. She tasted like sugar cane, and he was ready for his sugar high. His arms wrapped around her and he pulled her as close as he could. Her curves met a rock hard wall of muscle as well as a little hardness somewhere else.

It felt even better than she had imagined it. Here Gabe was, wanting her, touching her, kissing her. Why did she have to be leaving tomorrow? It was a tough fact to face, but today would be the last day she would see him. That thought made her break the kiss. She stumbled back a few steps. Her chest was heaving and her lips were wet. She had never looked more gorgeous to Gabe than now.

"Gabe, you need to leave me alone now. Tomorrow I'll be leaving and you'll still be here. You don't want a relationship right now, and I would. This won't work. You can't keep touching me this way, it only makes it harder to say goodbye, and this is goodbye Gabe. Have a nice life."

With that said, Raine darted in to her room and locked the door behind her. She was tempted to cry, but she refused; she had already spent far too many tears on Gabriel Kalos.

The next day Raine and Morgan left as planned. Morgan brooded the entire flight back; she hadn't been able to mend things with Gabe. Not that Morgan really cared, she was just used to getting her way. Normally Rae would attempt to comfort her friend. Today, unfortunately, she just didn't feel like caring. Her heart was breaking and she just prayed that life back in Florida would get her over Gabriel.

[Present day]

Raine turned to Gabe in bed.

"What in the world are you doing here Gabe? You're supposed to be in Guam, not here, not with me. I'm never supposed to see you again, not ever. I said goodbye in Guam. You're supposed to be away in the Navy."

" I missed you Rae. A year is a long time."

"Four days is a long time to watch you with Morgan. I guess we're even." A sudden thought occurred to Raine. "Oh my God. Last night really happened?"

The question made Gabe look slightly uncomfortable. "Yes, it was real."

"You had sex with me WHILE I WAS SLEEPING?!"

"You said you wanted it. I assumed you were conscious since you were talking to me..."

"I THOUGHT I WAS JUST DREAMING!" Raine was furious. He took advantage of her. Dream sex was one thing. Real sex was completely different, especially since she'd been off birth control for a couple months. She didn't remember him using a condom. It had been a long year for her too. She hadn't had sex for a long time, so being on birth control hadn't seemed so important then. It did now.

Gabe looked like a rueful schoolboy. He had come to her house last night with innocent intentions. He just wanted to see her before he started the battle for her heart. He really had missed her, and he knew he had messed things up when she was in Guam. It took him about three months without her to realize that he had fallen in love with her. It took him another month to realize he couldn't just get over her. Having sex with horny vacationers had lost its appeal. There was only one woman he wanted now, and here she was.

"Leave, Gabe. Go back to Guam."

"No."

"No? Well why the Hell not? Do you always have to be so difficult?"

Raine was starting to lose her composure. Not only was it hard to control herself around him, but she was starting to feel a little panic spreading within her at the thought of being unmarried and pregnant. She didn't know how much longer she could keep her cool.

Gabe, on the other hand, was keeping his control on a strict leash. He didn't want to make another mistake with her. Though he had planned on keeping his cards close to his chest, he thought it was time for some good old fashioned honesty. He took a deep breath to prepare himself.

"Raine, I can't leave now because I love you."

That response left her speechless. It was probably the last thing she had expected to hear him say. She had wondered if he was here looking for Morgan. Well, now she knew he was here looking for her. How could he be in love with her? Wouldn't he have had a harder time saying goodbye in Guam? Didn't they have phones there? She couldn't deal with this right now, and the panic kept growing.

"I can't deal with all of this right now Gabe. I need time to think. You need to leave, at least for now. I'm assuming that since you not only managed to find my address but to sneak into my apartment as well, that you already have my phone number. Call me tomorrow. Maybe then I'll be ready to talk."

Though Gabe wanted to stay, he could be satisfied with that. As long as she was willing to talk to him, he could deal. He didn't want to push her too much. He did indeed already have her phone number programmed into his cell phone. It was number one on his speed dial though he had never called it. He left her apartment and took a cab back to his hotel.

The next day he waited until afternoon to call her. It rang six times before she answered.

"Hello Gabe."

"Rae, I was hoping we could go for lunch, or maybe dinner later. I want to see you again. I want to talk some more. Please."

Raine considered his request. After a moment of indecision she decided it wouldn't be so bad. She'd rather meet him somewhere public than have him sneaking into her bedroom again.

"Let's do dinner. Crystale at seven tonight. It's my favorite restaurant."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at six?"

"Fine. See you then Gabe. And it's semiformal, wear a dress shirt and nice pants. Bye."

Gabe heard a click and a dial tone from the other end. Dinner was a start at least. Six o'clock was too far away for his liking, but he would take what he could get. He would need some of that time to go shopping, he needed an outfit for dinner.

Raine began getting ready for dinner at three. She took an hour to pamper herself in the bath tub. She wanted every inch of her skin to be silky smooth in case something should happen after dinner. She didn't plan on it, but she accepted that it was a possibility.

After the bath, she started doing her hair. She wanted it soft and curly. At the beach in Guam it had often been left naturally: not quite curly but not quite straight. She wanted it to look better tonight. She carefully stepped into her dress before doing her makeup. The dress was strapless and form fitting. The hem stopped just above her knee. It was a rich bronze that reflected the light beautifully. It also complemented her tan and her brown eyes. She wore four inch bronze heels to match. The only article of clothing underneath the dress was a silky black thong.

The only thing left now was the makeup. She did this step carefully. She wanted to accent her eyes and lips without overdoing it. The overall look made her look exotic and mysterious. Maybe Gabe wouldn't even recognize her.

In Guam she had blended into the background while Morgan had attracted all of the attention. Well tonight would be a different story. Tonight she would be the Belle of the Ball. If she was indeed pregnant, she wanted to enjoy dressing to the nines while she could.

When Gabriel arrived at six on the dot, she had finally finished her preparations. When she opened the door she was stunned to see a very polished Gabe standing before her. When she was on vacation she had mostly seen him in swim trunks and khaki shorts. Today he was absolutely stunning. His shirt was a navy silk. It looked rich like the midnight sky and she was sure it would slide over her skin like water. The navy blue brought out his pretty eyes. He wore khaki slacks with it, and dark brown dress shoes.

Raine wasn't the only one surprised. Gabe had never seen her like this. She normally dressed just under the radar, but tonight she looked like every man's wet dream in heels. He got hard just looking at her in that dress. The dress revealed a hint of cleavage and hugged her body in all the right places. He knew that when they arrived at the restaurant all eyes would be on her. He swallowed hard.

"Are you ready?" He asked. She nodded and put her arm in his. Together they walked to the elevator, and then out to his car. He led her to a black Cadillac. It was sleek and new, not at all what she had pictured him driving. This was a completely different Gabe than she had met a year ago. Tonight he seemed... sophisticated.

A GPS was mounted on the dashboard and clearly outlined the path to Crystale. Boy was he resourceful. She was a little tense. She was on a date with Gabe, a real date. This time she wasn't just tagging along with him and Morgan. She finally had his completely attention, but she wasn't completely sure what to do with it yet.

Did he really love her? That question had been plaguing her since those words came from his mouth. If he loved her, why had he waited so long? She didn't know the answer to either of those questions, but she would find out. The big question she had to ask herself was if she still loved him or not. Over the past year she felt like she had gotten over her vacation fling, but seeing him brought everything back. Maybe she hadn't moved on like she thought.

They arrived at the restaurant with a few minutes to spare. Crystale was very nice. They might be waiting a while to be seated; she had forgotten to make reservations. Oh well, the food was great and it would be worth the wait.

They walked in to the receptionist's desk. She was prepared to leave her name when Gabe spoke first.

"We have a seven o'clock reservation for two. It's under Kalos."

The receptionist checked her list. "We already have a table ready. Right this way."

Raine and Gabriel followed the receptionist to a table near the windows. They had the perfect view of the city at night. They might even get to see the sunset.

indianfire
indianfire
175 Followers
12