A Sort of Homecoming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hadn't showered for days and my torso was a mess of crusty old Burt's Bees wax (for sore nipples), cocoa butter (for stretch marks), sweat, breast milk and baby puke. I handed Jack off to my much-needed, part-time baby-sitter and told her "I'm going to take a quick shower, if you don't mind?"

The older Korean woman cackled, "Go ahead, P. U., you need one," as she nodded and held her nose. She sweetly cradled my half-cooing, half-sleeping Jack as I lurched off to my room.

*****

It had been a demanding couple months. As Stephanie cleaned up in the master bathroom, she reflected on all that had happened. It was rough, but she was confident now that they would make it.

After luxuriating in a long, sweltering shower she stepped from the stall. She looked down apprising her glistening, wet, nude body, which had recovered surprisingly well after Jack was born. Then as she reached for a towel, her eyes came up to the mirror. Stephanie's mouth dropped in stunned recognition as an astonishing shiver pulsed through her body. There in the condensation she saw the words again, "Goodnight Moon."

*****

And your heart beats so slow
Through the rain and fallen snow
Across the fields of mourning
Lights in the distance
Oh don't sorrow, no, don't weep
For tonight at last
I am coming home
I am coming home

Excerpt from U2's "A Sort of Homecoming"©1984