A Story of a Change

Story Info
Or you never end up where you expected.
7.5k words
4.68
16.3k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He lifted his nose and sniffed again. Padding silently through the trees, he followed her scent. Yes, there she was. Waiting for him, without knowing he was even a possibility.

***

It had been a long struggle, but she was finally starting to get stronger. Vickie Stark finished chemo early last December. Now it was the end of May and she was getting restless, always a good sign. After brain surgery, radiation, and months of chemotherapy, the tumour at the base of her brain had call for a truce and was now dormant. After some time in rehab, she could get around in the house, although she still used a walker.

Moving back in with her parents wasn't the worst thing about getting sick. Vickie and her family got along great. Her Mom and Dad remembered she was an adult, mostly, and even leftover casserole kicked hospital food's ass. Between her books, TV, and computer, she kept busy. Vickie just wanted to do something without anyone hovering and worrying. They even watched when she walked to the end of the drive for the mail. But since she did need the help and care, she couldn't really complain.

When the doctors found her tumour, she was living in the city, a year away from a biology degree. Vickie thought of the acreage as home. It was where she grew up and where her family lived. She loved the trees, and she even liked being woken up at ungodly hours of the morning by the song birds. But it was a little lonely being in a small town. She missed her friends in the city. She missed debating weird things like, whether the latest blockbuster has artistic merit, while drinking mochas. She missed being able to take care of herself. She missed her lost independence.

Vickie had never really liked bars or clubs. The noise gave her a headache, and now moving lights made her dizzy. She preferred going to movies or to a live performance. She was going to see a different kind of show this evening. The skies were clear, the night warm, so nothing would block tonight's meteor shower.

Vickie's younger sister, Jen, helped her take a sleeping bag and a couple pillows out the back gate, down a short path and into a clearing. They spread out the sleeping bag and Vickie sat down.

"Do you have the cell?"

"Yes, it's on the walker seat."

"Are you sure you'll be OK? I can stay with you."

"Jen, I'm barely out of the yard! Don't worry. If I need help I'll call." Vickie smiled up at her fretting sister and sighed, "I'll be fine."

"You are so weird."

"I love you too," Vickie replied. Jen just shook her head and left.

When she was gone, Vickie looked around and blushed. She was in the middle of a field, open enough to give her a good view of the sky, small enough that she didn't feel overly exposed. A combination of steroids and forced inactivity had lead to a weight increase that left her feeling unattractive. Vickie took off the oversized T-shirt and shorts she had on. Underneath, she was only wearing a light blue silk chemise that looked almost silver in the moon light. "I just want to feel pretty and feminine," Vickie thought, "There's nothing wrong with lying in the middle of a field... alone... at night... in lingerie... People do it all the time."

"Sure they do," Vickie muttered, as she lay down. She arranged herself on her back and rested her hands on her stomach. Watching the sky, she let her mind wander.

***

Will Conall was enjoying the beautifully moon lit night. It was a myth that he and his kind had to change on the full moon. The light just made it easier to be seen, while making it harder for humans to assume they were just seeing a large dog. Silver did nothing to hurt him and Will didn't know anyone who ever thought a baby would be nice for dinner. But since werewolves were a myth too, there was no point to setting the record straight.

One thing that never made the story books was the ability to smell and taste emotions, and basic personality traits. Dogs could do this also, but his senses were better developed. People already suspect this. If you are afraid of dogs you are told, "Don't let them smell your fear." Dog owners talk about how Rex or Cookie is a wonderful judge of character. Scientists would say it's just reading body language. He knew better. Besides, describing color to the blind would be easier than describing the taste of joy or sorrow.

Will had a reputation in town of being a bit antisocial. He was always polite, but he didn't encouraged conversation, never feeling the need. He just preferred sticking to his own kind, where he could be himself. Keeping track of cover stories was a lot of work.

Women were another thing he didn't encourage. He had a few relationships, in University with humans, later with wolves from other packs, but sex without commitment did nothing for him. It seemed like pizza without cheese, missing something. Worrying about killing the girl also didn't help. Some of his pack brothers had a new woman every week. The way some of the guys chased tail, Will was surprised there hadn't been any "accidents".

In human/werewolf sex an "accident" doesn't lead to 3 o'clock feedings. If a male wolf bites a human female, he must declare her as his mate, or she will die. Since werewolves mate for life, with no annulments, this is big deal. If the woman lives she becomes a bitch, literally. (The effects of a bite vary depending on circumstances.) To further complicate matters, after being bitten, women are unable to mate until they have completed the change to werewolf. (Mother Nature not being a fan of shotgun weddings.) This can lead to unusual love triangles. She is free to claim the wolf who is bound to her or any unclaimed male who wishes to mate with her. She could even choose not to mate and play the field. (Mother Nature being a fan of options.) Leaving Mr. Teeth a big ball of unrequited everything. (Mother Nature not being a fan of mating for convenience.) Human teeth were safer, since breaking skin was less likely, but even light biting was a no-no for safety reasons. Werewolves can find the no biting rule difficult because love bites are fairly standard for them. When they mate, instead of you may kiss the bride, it would be more accurate to say, you may bite the bride. (Although vows are all matings and weddings have in common as a ritual.)

Will knew all the horror stories. He knew to stay away from human in wolf form. He knew his wolf incisors easily could pierce human flesh and all the possible consequences.

Of course none of this was on his mind as he ran the perimeter of the estate or when he caught the scent.

A woman he couldn't quite place, was baring her soul to the wind and the earth. He could smell her gentleness and caring nature, her sense of humour and mischievousness, her vulnerability and her strength, and underneath it all, her love of life, tempered by loneliness and loss.

He lifted his nose and sniffed again. Padding silently through the trees, he followed her scent. Yes, there she was. Waiting for him, without knowing he was even a possibility.

He left the estate, heading toward the Stark home. When he reached the clearing behind their yard, Will stopped. She was the neighbour's daughter, Vickie, luring him with her scent, like a siren with her song. Except for her, the area was empty and a screen of trees hid them from the house.

The logical part of him wanted to change to his human form, and spend the night talking, learning everything he could about her. His body and his primal wolf side had another idea, explore her body and read her more directly. Instinct won.

Will slowly crawled toward her, trying not to scare her. Little noises came unbidden from his throat, begging her to let him explore her inside and out. He watched the fear that filled her eyes slowly be replaced by confusion. He reached her foot, placed his nose on her instep, and breathed in. She was complex, yet remained uncomplicated. Eyes closed, he slowly dragged his tongue up the bottom of her foot, off the end of her big toe. Information flooded his brain, confirming what he found in her scent. His eyes opened facing the sky. The streaking shooting stars mirroring the feelings streaking through him. He had to know this woman, all of her.

***

Vickie watched as the first meteors shot through the sky. The full moon was shinning so brightly, she could almost read by it. As she lay there, she thought about what life had brought her. She thought about how some strangers reacted to her now. Some tried to pretend she didn't exist, ducking past her to get through a door first, and then leaving it to slam in her face. Some treated her as if she were mentally challenged, talking to her companions, instead of her. Seeing the extreme reaction people could have to her, left her feeling insecure. Knowing she could trigger other's insecurities had Vickie fighting an insecurity feedback loop of her own.

She also thought about how normal she felt. She could jump up, sprint around the clearing and turn cartwheels, in her mind. That normal feeling would leave when she struggled to stand, a reminder of the loss of abilities, once taken for granted.

She heard a cough like sound at the edge of the woods. There Vickie saw a huge wolf. It seemed too big to be real, more like something out of a movie. Her mind was whirring, trying to think of a way to escape. Standing up was pointless; she would be puppy chow before she got to her knees. "Ha, ha, puppy chow, good one, too bad no one will hear it." All she could do was lay quietly and hope she didn't become dinner. The animal crept closer. Just when she was sure it was going to pounce, she heard a small whine, like a begging dog. Vickie had a flashback to her animal behaviour class. This was submissive behaviour.

The wolf placed its nose to her foot. Vickie became too confused to be afraid. She had to be dreaming, but this felt too real. When it licked the bottom of her foot, confusion seemed like a waste of energy.

The beast used unhurried, deliberate licks to travel up her ankle and lower leg, as if it were savouring a delectable morsel. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew she should have been scared, terrified, but this felt almost comforting, loving, while making her hotter than she remembered ever being.

She watched as the wolf nudged her legs apart with the top of his head. She felt a cool breeze hit her warm moist slit, reminding her she was bare under the chemise. She felt a small gush. This was a wild animal, she should not be getting wet, or wishing for his tongue all over her body. "What are you thinking Vickie!" At least she knew she was awake. The soft caress of his fur, the heat of his tongue leaving a quickly cooling trail of moisture. She couldn't imagine sensations this vivid.

Vickie started to move her legs together. The wolf stared into her eyes. She felt herself being almost hypnotised by the deep blue eyes that radiated intelligence. He wanted her. She wanted him. Everything else ceased to matter.

Without breaking eye contact, the wolf used his snout to prod for accesses to her pussy. She spread her legs wide, opening herself to him. She started to breathe harder. Her heart beat faster. The wolf returned to the trail he was following, licking up her sensitive inner thigh. When he reached her silk garment he flipped it up over her hips. He moved back to take in what he revealed. His intense gaze hit her with a physical force. She moaned and arched her back as a flush crept over her skin.

***

After Will had first tasted this astonishing creature, his mind went on autopilot. She hesitated and started to pull back once, but he refused to give ground. As long as her body responded, he would not yield without a definite stop. He would make her shatter and taste her emotional core. Her moaning pulled him back into himself. The sight and smell of her arousal, made him proud, made him feel powerful. He tasted the juices she made for him. The space between her legs became his universe. He could stay there forever, drinking in her glorious essence. She was so delicate, so fragile, with a fierce inner strength. His tongue parted her labia, moving up to caress her swelling clit. She gasped and lifted her hips, wordlessly encouraging him on.

Will deftly moved his tongue in and out, exploring her lush folds. His nose gently stroked her nub. Her fingers dug into the flannel beneath her. She writhed in fevered desire. Her hips thrusting, he began to earnestly fuck her with his mouth. A growl rumbled in his throat as she moved from soft moans to incoherent pleads for completion. He felt her inner walls contract, heard her ecstatic cries, and tasted her bliss as she came.

He was startled out of his reverie by a howl coming from the direction of the estate. Will swung his head toward the sound as his jaw dropped. Her leg jerked, attracting his attention. His adrenaline bolstered lust compelled him to mark her as his.

As the last waves of her surreal orgasm rolled over her, she saw the wolf open his mouth and clamp onto her thigh. She flared into a state of sexually charged oblivion. Images flashed through her mind. She knew the wolf was Will Conall. She knew that she needed him. She knew she was in danger, and only he could save her. Then every thing went black.

The taste of her blood both excited and calmed him. He loved her. She was everything to him... She was dying.

Will changed forms quicker than he ever had before. He scooped up Vickie, cradled her to his chest, and ran back to the estate. He burst into the manor and was immediately confronted by his father.

"William, when did this happen?" Dr. Conall took Vickie's wrist to evaluate her pulse. He didn't need to ask what happened; he could smell it in pungent detail.

"Dad, I need your help," Will sounded calm while his eyes raced.

"You know there is nothing I can do for her."

"I just need time... The rest is mine."

"Yes, go, we'll talk later."

As Will took Vickie up the stairs she started to mummer, "please... help... need... Will... need... please..."

"I know, I know Angel," he whispered into her hair, kissing the top of her head. "I'm so sorry." Will knew what she needed. She needed him to pledge fidelity to her. She needed him to come in her, and climax around him in return. She needed him to declare her his mate. It surprised him that it was what he needed and wanted too.

Will opened the door to a large bedroom, decorated in blues and browns. Closing the door again he locked them in. Swooshing the comforter to the floor, he carefully placed her on the king sized bed, and stood up. When his hand left her body Vickie began to beg, "Please... please... please..."

"Hush, Angel, I'm here. I always will be." Will crooned as he walked to the end of the bed and crawled up beside her. Vickie was helpless, weak from his bite and the treatments that ravaged her body. All that had happened, and all that would happen were his onus. He needed to make this right.

He shifted, moving his body to cover hers. His lips found hers, tenderly kissing her, wary of her response. She returned his kiss with hunger and abandon, melting his discretion. They greedily explored each other's mouths, there hands buried in the other's hair. Will broke the kiss and slid his mouth to her ear. As he nibbled on her lobe he breathed into her ear, "I am now your protector. I do this for love, and I will become worthy."

Vickie shivered and started to mewl. Every word he whispered in her ear ricocheted through her body coming to rest in her center. Will nuzzled his way down her neck. She growled in her throat. He hardened and growled back response. He lifted himself and kneeled between her legs. He took the hem of her shift and rent it off, dropping it by her head. She looked so soft and helpless, triggering his instinct to care for his mate. He slid his hands up her sides, pushing her arms up. He crossed her wrists and gently bound them with the torn silk, leaving her unable to give, only receive. Into her right ear he whispered, "relax...just be...let me worship you." As he sucked on her ear lobe, he felt her exhale as if she had been holding her breath. He drifted down her neck and chest, kissing, nipping, licking.

She squirmed, trying to feel as much of his naked flesh as possible. Her hips rolled, seeking fulfillment. He reached her breast and instantly latched on to her nipple, prodded on by the deepening scent of her arousal and his own strengthening need. He placed a hand between her breasts, feeling her heart pound. She arched her back and bit her lip. "Will...please..." she couldn't tell if her pleads left her throat or not.

He turned his head to devour her neglected nipple. He shifted removing all obstacles to caressing her stomach and her soft inner thigh. His hand settled on her throbbing pussy. "Oh, yes...yes...more," she encouraged him, grinding herself against his hand.

One of his fingers slid into her, soon to be joined by a second. He stroked her inner walls. His palm massaged her clit. She was so wet, so hot. He could feel her dripping off his hand. He could hear her moaning. He could see her lips move as she tried to speak, but all she could manage was, "Will...need...take... me..."

His cock jumped, trying to follow her command, and he thought he would come right then. With his free hand, he grabbed a pillow and pulled it down to the middle of the bed. He removed his fingers and tasted them. A moan of ecstasy bubbled from his chest, quieting her cry of loss.

The pillow seemed to almost materialize beneath her hips. He slipped back between her legs. He rubbed himself along her opening becoming slick with her arousal. One thrust and he was buried deep within her. She was so hot, tight and wet. She was more than perfect, she made him feel perfect. He savagely kissed her as he began to deliberately stroke in and out, luxuriating in the intimate caress. His hands went to her hips to control her movements. He could feel her tension build, and she started to quiver.

"That's right Angel, come for me. Even if you don't claim me, I will never regret declaring you..." Vickie was oddly silent as she came with unexpected suddenness and ferocity, pulling Will over the edge with her. Will more than compensated for her mute reaction, squeezing the bite he left on her thigh and roaring,"MINE!"

He held her tight, fully embedded, as he came in her. Her body contracted around him, milking him as if afraid of missing a drop.

As their breathing and heart rates returned to normal and he began to soften, he slid out and unbound her hands. He moved onto his side and tenderly pulled her into his chest. She snuggled into their spooning, gave a satisfied sigh, and fell deeply asleep.

As Vickie slept, Will monitored her breathing, occasionally managing to doze. At about five in the morning, he heard people down stairs and smelled coffee. His parents were up; everyone else would still be sleeping.

He was a little anxious about going to discuss what happened last night with them. They weren't just his parents, but also the alpha pair of the pack. Walking into the house naked is par for the course, but biting humans. That put the pack at risk. Hiding the effects is difficult, and the pack didn't need any exposure. Not to mention that he changed, then devoted himself to a woman that didn't know any thing about werewolves or mating.

Sex and nudity are a basic part of a werewolf's life. Changing into a wolf is hard on clothes. If you are going for a run, it makes sense to strip down before leaving the house. Besides, carrying any thing is impractical and no one wants gather up discarded clothing when they change back. After group runs, frequently, no one bothers going back to the house, sleeping in a pile of naked bodies. Heavy petting between individuals without a close blood tie is common. Even mated pairs are physically affectionate with other members of the pack. It was part of the complex nonverbal communication they had.