A Summer on the Road Pt. 08

Story Info
After the roadtrip.
8.3k words
4.76
19.4k
14

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/10/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is part 8 of 'A Summer on the Road' If you are new to this story I suggest you read parts 1 to 7 first. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

*****

Entering the Robertson Transport yard Jane swung the semi out and proceeded to back into a parking space between two rigs. It was just before midnight after a long stretch on the road from Winnipeg, their final customer stop before returning home. She did the manoeuvre with smooth confidence. Shutting down the motor she looked over at Paul and smiled. Their run to the coast and back was over.

Paul smiled back at his younger partner. "I wish your dad could have seen how well you did that. He would be proud."

"Thanks. Maybe I could do a short run with him sometime before school. It would be fun to be out on the road with my dad."

"Hey, at the risk of being replaced I'll see what I can do."

Sliding over to Paul, Jane put her arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss and said, "You're my partner, you would just be loaning me to him. Besides, as much as he would like to get behind the wheel I gather the air freight business is sucking up all his time."

Paul pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her lower back. He looked into her eyes in the dim light filtering into the tractor cab. His thoughts and emotions were all over the map.

At the start of the run to the coast they had been instructor and student. He had been wary of Jane. She was flirting at times and her attraction to him was obvious. He in turn was drawn to her undeniable beauty but put off by her bouts of brattiness. In the end though, she was the CEO's daughter and no matter how charmed he was by the teenager he was under strict orders to keep her safe and out of the clutches of any man who came along. All that had changed while on the road. Despite all odds he had fallen hard for this girl. They had become lovers.

Jane brushed her lips over his. Her hips were slowly rocking and pressing into his lap. She whispered into his ears, "One more time before we head home?"

Paul groaned, "Jane my little insatiable partner, doing it behind truck stops and road side pullouts was risky enough, but in your dad's compound is more than I can handle. And I want to be home and ready for the kids when they wake up tomorrow."

Despite what he was saying his hardness was pressing through his jeans into Jane. She wiggled her hips on his manhood through all their clothing and pouted, "Not interested anymore? Bored of your inexperienced lover?"

Jane brushed her lips over his and ran her tongue around them. Pulling back she looked into his eyes pleadingly.

Paul gazed at her intently. He was at a loss as to the nature of their relationship. He knew that once they stepped out of the defined space of the tractor cab they would go back into their own worlds, at least for a time. She would return to her privileged life as the cherished daughter of the company CEO. He would go back to his life as a single dad, trying hard to make a decent and happy life for his children. Their worlds meshed on the road in a way he never expected but what that would mean now he had no idea. Paul was captivated by her body. Every nerve ending demanded that he once again feel her soft creamy skin on his. His cock throbbed but he couldn't act on it now. He was also finding it hard to ignore the deeper feelings for this girl that swirled in his mind.

In one quick movement he sat her back down beside him and opened his door. "Wait a second and I'll help you down."

"Okay," she said in a resigned voice.

Paul moved around to the driver's side and looked carefully each way. The yard was quiet, but he had to be careful, lest anyone see them together in an embrace. She opened the door and stepped down into his waiting arms. He pulled her tightly to his chest with one arm and wound his other hand in her hair, pulling her face into his shoulder. They stood there like that for several minutes, him just breathing her in. Finally he pulled back and looked at her.

"Do you know what you are doing to me?"

She shook her head slowly. "No, tell me."

He looked deeply into her eyes for a few moments and said softly, "I'm not really sure but I do know I can't stop thinking about you." With that he kissed her, long and hard. He was lost in the taste and feel of her tongue, her teeth and the sweetness of her breath.

Finally breaking, she giggled and asked with a shaky breath, "Okay, so, can we go out again soon? I don't think I can stop thinking about you either."

Holding her at arm's length he replied, "I'll work with the dispatcher and look for something short in the next few days. I don't want to be away from the kids for a long run for at least a week. And you have a party coming up don't you?"

"Yeah, the big Two O." She laughed and added, "So, when I'm no longer a teenager will you still put me over your knee if I'm bad?" There was a twinkle in her eye, a big smile and a look of lust to go along with the question.

Paul growled at that, "Try pushing me and we'll see. Maybe I'll think of a reason so I can feel your bare rear again."

"Oooh, is that a promise?" Jane smirked back at him.

Leading her out by the hand he dropped their embrace as they walked to the compound guard station and out to their vehicles. Paul waited for Jane to get into her BMW. Watching her drive away after a quick kiss he felt a loneliness descend on his shoulders.

*****

Paul's mom called shortly after lunch on his second full day back in the GTA. He already knew that Jane wanted to pick up the girls after school and take them to her parent's home for a muffin baking lesson. He had gone in to the dispatch office after dropping the kids off at school daycare. Jane was taking a couple days off to help Tara plan her twentieth birthday party.

"Paul dear, I gather Jane has received your approval to pick up the girls at school?" Paul's mom asked over the phone.

"Yes, the kids know her well enough and I've talked to the school and described Jane to them. They will add her to the list of approved caregivers after they check her ID when she arrives."

"That is really thoughtful of her, isn't it. She does seem like a very sweet girl don't you think?"

"Yes mom, she really is."

"And does she do okay driving the truck?"

"Better than I ever expected. She has a lot of her dad in her so the affinity with the big rigs may run in the family. She also wants to make him proud of her. She really respects her dad."

"Wow, how about you. Does she want your approval?" Paul's mom asked, a smile crossing her lips.

"At first no, but now she wants to be accepted as a competent driver. So she's working really hard at it," Paul deflected the pointed question from his mom.

"She is very pretty isn't she?"

"Yes mom. Jane is a beautiful girl." Paul shifted uncomfortably on his chair. He wasn't yet ready to divulge his feelings for Jane.

"How do you feel about being around her that much?" his mom persisted.

"I enjoy her company. We share some similar tastes in music. The drives are very pleasant."

"Pleasant? Does it bother you that her dad is the owner of the company? Would you be interested in her as more than a colleague if she wasn't Henry's daughter?"

Paul was startled by his mom's reference to Mr Robertson by his given name. It seems that she had hit it off with the Robertsons. Zoe and Beatrice were at the heart of this. However, he was so unsure himself about their relationship that he had no idea how to answer his mom, so he replied, "Mom, I have to go now. Lets continue our chat later."

"Okay sweetheart, you know I don't want to pry but I just feel that you should be opening up to women again and, well, Jane is such a sweet girl."

"Thanks mom, I'll call you later." With that Paul hung up the phone and swivelled in his desk chair and stared out the window. He didn't need his mom reminding him about Jane. She was never out of his thoughts.

*****

"Did you enjoy the Coast dear? I gather you had a day or two before the return run, and the forest fire, what was that all about?" Vera Robertson asked her daughter, a look of concern on her face. Jane had talked to her dad over the phone from the road about volunteering to work with the fire break crew but she was now just catching up over breakfast and coffee with her mom. She had spent her first day back with Tara.

"It was a bit crazy at the road blockade. Paul had done some fire fighting in the past, before he married so he volunteered to help. I didn't want to be left alone so I went in with him."

"And he was okay with that?" her mom asked with concern in her voice.

"He didn't want me to go at first, but .. well you know how persistent I can be," she smiled, both women then laughing. "He only allowed me to go if I stayed close to him and did everything he asked. I was okay with that as I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. I did love the helicopter ride in though."

Jane related all the details of the work with the fire crew and how exhausting the experience had been. She left out the details of cleaning up in the stream and the aftermath in the cab. Her mom was impressed that her little girl had gained that experience. The conversation then flowed into the kayak trip on the Pacific. Vera was intrigued by the adventure.

"Jane honey, a hot spring pool on a rain forest island, that sounds so adventurous and romantic," Vera said, a knowing smile directed at Jane who had turned away, blushing at the memory of her time alone with Paul in the hot spring. "It seems as though being with Paul will be interesting."

Jane just smiled as she pulled her toast out of the toaster oven.

"Jane, I really don't mean to pry but it might be relevant to know if there is a relationship forming between you and Paul."

"Why would that be relevant mom?" Jane asked, taken aback by her mom's directness.

"Jane, its not that he wouldn't look out for you if there was nothing between you two but knowing that he has taken a liking to you would ease my mind about your safety. Now, your dad is another matter, but even he would probably be okay with it. So, do you like him?"

Jane moved around the counter and pulled up a stool. She set her plate down and pulled a glass out of the cupboard and poured some orange juice. She was stalling, trying to formulate an answer. Finally, she looked up and sighed, "Yes mom, I like him."

"As a boyfriend?" Vera probed.

"Yes mom, as a lover, if that's what you mean. I don't know what our relationship really is but yes, we have been intimate."

Vera let out a small gasp. She had sensed that there was something between them. Frankly, she didn't see how any girl could resist Paul Cain in the circumstances they were in but she had never really heard her daughter say those words out loud. She knew her little girl had grown up but now she knew Jane was a woman. They were now having a woman to woman talk.

They were both quiet for some time and finally Vera spoke. "Jane honey, being with Paul could be complicated, you know that don't you? I don't mean with the details of what you do together. Those are between you and him and I don't need to know those details but there is the rest of life, and not to be coy, I mean beyond the bedroom."

"Mom?" Jane asked, blushing at her mother's words but not really understanding.

"Sweetie, your life as an adult has really just started. Paul has already had a lot of life go by, some very difficult slices of life at that. Oddly enough, I think he is taking most of the risk in your relationship."

"Mom, I don't see that. Right now he is kind of stuck with me - dad has seen to that. I know I can be immature at times and after his commitment to dad to mentor me is over, he could walk away. I would have a hard time with that."

Jane slowly munched on her toast, looking out at the pool though the kitchen window. And then she asked, "Mom, what I don't get is why does our relationship seems to be so important to you?"

"Jane, there are two reasons. One, Beatrice and two, Zoe. I've fallen for his kids and I know they are desperate for a mother's love. Any woman who enters that family's life becomes part of their world. Just look at what you are planning to do with them today. Men and women can deal with a breakup but kids have no emotional experience to guide them through. He isn't just another guy. He is a guy with the responsibility of bringing up children with no mother. That is the complication."

"Mom, in the short time I've been around his kids I have really become fond of them. I want to get to know them better. They're fun too. I teased them about my famous muffins and had to promise to show them how to make them."

"When did all that happen?" Vera asked, a bit perplexed.

"Skype calls from the road. Paul communicated whenever he could. He really loves those girls."

"I know dear. They are delightful but sad at the same time."

"Mom I promise to be careful around them. I'm 'Aunty Jane' to them, not a mother replacement. I think its important to maintain that distinction. I would never want to hurt them."

"I know you wouldn't dear."

"Thanks mom. I'm going out to do a few errands before I pick up the kids at daycare. I have to swing by Paul's mom's place to get the car seats. Also, I think we will need some more ripe bananas for the baking. We'll try not to make too much of a mess of your kitchen."

"Don't worry dear, I'm looking forward to the girls being here."

"Thanks mom. Could you do one thing for me though? I'd rather that you didn't discuss Paul and I with dad. Well, you know, the sleeping together part. I think he knows but I don't want to rub it into his face either."

"Sweetie, I wont ever divulge what you and I talk about in private. At the end of the day I think that mothers just want their children to be happy in relationships. For dads it seems that they have a lot of difficulty accepting their little girls have grown into sexual beings and have sex with men. The guys just seem to have trouble with that, so no, I will not discuss that aspect of you and Paul with him."

******

"Aunt Jane, why do we have to mash up the bananas for the muffins.?" Zoe asked as she held the masher over the bowl of overripe bananas.

"It spreads the banana taste around evenly. You wouldn't enjoy mushy chunks of banana in your muffins, would you?" Jane smiled as she looked into the bowl. "I think a little more mashing and we can mix them in with the flour. They are going to be awesome."

"Okay. I'm getting hungry for some."

"Beatrice, are the muffin pans buttered up?" Jane asked, looking over at Beatrice who was rubbing butter into the pan cups.

"Just about ready Aunt Jane."

Vera walked into the kitchen and up to the girls. "Did you bring your bathing suits for a swim after the muffins are in the oven? I've asked your dad to stay for a BBQ after swimming so you can have muffins for desert. He said you guys are okay to stay for dinner."

"Thanks Aunt Vera," Beatrice piped up. "We love your pool. Our bathing suits are in our backpacks."

Jane flashed a smile at her mom, a glow on her face with the realization that Paul would be staying as well. They had been inseparable for over a week while on the road and now she was feeling the distance. On one level Jane knew that she was changed forever. Making love with Paul had changed her in just that short time. He had taken her to sexual places that previously had only existed in her imagination. Her thighs squeezed together at the memory of Paul's manhood gently pumping in and out of her sex. He seemed to know when to be gentle and when to be aggressive, when to be soft and cuddling and when to dominate their love making. And the memory of being turned over his knee and spanked brought a deep flush to her face. She made sure she turned away from her mother when that image entered her mind.

On another level he made her feel like an equal partner while on the road. After the stupid things she had done driving before the spanking and before her second chance, she desperately wanted to be accepted as a responsible and reliable driver. It wasn't the punishment that helped her turn that corner. He had certainly made it painful, but that was absolutely insignificant compared to the fear of failing him and her dad. The spanking was the card she had to play to have him give her another chance. And truth be told, she had turned that around into the first of their sexual experiences. She smiled at the memory of him massaging lotion onto her pink bottom.

Now he treated her as an equal and even gave her the tough driving sections to hone her skills. The exhilaration of being a trusted partner strangely went right to her core, sparking a tingling in her tummy and below. And in another way she felt like she was his woman. Happy to be home yes, but was ready to go on the road with him again as soon as possible.

Muffins in the oven, Jane herded the girls up into her bedroom to change for the pool. After donning their cute two piece suits Jane sent them down to her mom while she went through her selection of swim gear. She held up a relatively modest two piece that would be more appropriate for a family setting. Hesitating, she slipped out a much more revealing bikini that had really been bought for teenage pool parties and low lighting. Quickly she slipped it on and quickly added a black mid thigh cover up for propriety's sake. Shortly after, she joined the girls in the water, slipping out of the cover up at the water's edge.

****

Henry led Paul through his expansive home towards the patio and the pool. They stopped at the mini fridge outside to pick up a couple of beers before taking their seats on loungers facing the frolicking going on in the pool. They had both arrived at the Robertson residence more or less the same time. Henry was grilling Paul on the performance of the Volvo tractor on the higher elevation roads. He was skeptical about the computer modules controlling the fuel and air flow. Paul was assuring him that the torquing power up the long slopes was more than adequate.

Jane and the kids were playing a game of water basket ball in the shallow end. Seeing her dad sitting down with Paul was a bit of a surprise. She kept low in the water while playing with the young girls, hoping that her dad wouldn't notice the skimpy bathing attire. She was waiting for the right moment, however to reveal herself to Paul. She flashed him a smile over the squealing and splashing of his kids.

Vera strode out and called to the girls that burgers were going to be cooked and that they should check on the muffins. She looked over at Paul and Henry and smiled at her husband, "Dear, could you give Paul's ear a rest and fire up the BBQ. You're on grilling duty." And towards the girls she asked, "Everyone tell Mr Robertson whether you want a meat or veggie burger."

Paul wandered over to Jane, who was still in the pool.

"Hey you, recovered from the long drives yet?", Paul smiled down at Jane. He slipped out of his sandals and sat down on the edge of the pool, feet in the water. She floated up and stood in the waist deep water in front of him. She placed her hands on his knees spreading them apart as she moved between them. Paul sucked in a deep breath as he looked from her wide smile and sparkling eyes down to the water glistening off her upper chest and then to the two patches of swimsuit top covering her nipples and lower curves of her breasts but not much else. She was stunning.

Momentarily he rocked back physically and emotionally as he absorbed the impossibility of being at the CEO's estate, poolside, with his delicious daughter that he had very recently made love with. He shook his head at the unreality of it all. And the look in her eyes transmitted the thought that this dream wasn't over.