A Tale Of Two Bitches

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ken heard noises behind him and turned to see Marv coming down the hall. He had a apprehensive look on his face and just said, "I thought you might need a backup or at least a witness for court." Ken nodded his thanks and looked back at the two lovers.

Cathy had covered herself with a sheet in an effort to hide her guilt or shame. As she lay in the bed she was crying softly and imploringly crying out in a lost voice, "You weren't supposed to know! I'm sorry Ken! It's not as bad as you think!" Braun had leaped off the bed and fairly throwing his clothes on yelled, "Soon as I get dressed I'm gonna beat your ass you miserable sneaking son of a bitch!"

Ken was amazed at his anger and thought, "I guess he really does believe that a good offense is the best defense."

When he threw his shoes on he started to head toward me with a look that told me I might have to fight him for my own protection. He abruptly stopped when Marv interjected in a flat emotionless voice, "Stop right there buddy or I'll let some daylight into your guts." Braun laughed haughtily looking at the old man with disdain, "With what old man?" At this point Marv produced a pistol and in a voice edged with cold determination said, "This punk. If you don't think I will, or can use it, try me as I plan to put the first shot in your balls! Now stand very still and don't make me nervous tough guy." Braun acquiesced and stood stock still looking from me to Marv in a confused manner.

Marv standing next to me just asked, "How are you holding up kid?" I only nodded as I stared at my wife still not able to believe or comprehend what she had done to us. Marv nudged me a little, "It's your show kid, what do you want to do?" I finally came out of my malaise and the anger came creeping in to fill the void of my empty shock.

The room became quiet as a tomb as I spoke. "Cathy, you remember Daisy?" She looked confused but she nodded yes. I continued, "Well you and that bitch now have something in common. You both chose wrong." Cathy put her hand out as if to stop something, "No! Don't do that! Please, let me explain Ken!"

I was disgusted by the whole affair, "Shut up Cathy!" She went quiet as this was the first time in our entire marriage that I ever raised my voice to her. When I had her attention again I continued, "Here is how it is going to go. Tonight, you are leaving this house with scumbag here. I wish you only well from now on and I hope that you and your boy toy will be happy. I will grant you a divorce based on a 50/50 split of assets that we can determine with our lawyers. However, from this point on I have no responsibility for you, or to you. I release you from your marriage vows and never want to speak to you again. Get out of that bed and get your things together. You have fifteen minutes."

She looked panicked and again tried to talk, "Please Ken lets talk this out. I can make it right. Please we belong together!"

I felt my face pale as the blood rushed from it, "Can you take this memory from my brain Cathy? Unless you can we are through! Now get your shit and get out!" I turned on Braun, "You can leave now. Wait in your truck for your woman." Marv spoke up again, "I'll just walk the gentlemen out and wait with him. I smiled at Marv, "Thanks. You have been a real lifesaver here tonight."

As Marv escorted Braun from the house and Cathy nearly hysterical trying to pack her stuff I went into the kitchen and cracked a beer. Within the allotted time Cathy emerged with a large valise and stood head down in our living room. When she looked at me I saw a tormented woman who was shaken to her very foundations, "I am so sorry Ken. It started out as innocent flirtation and just grew. I hoped that I would get over it but..."

She was shocked by my angered outburst, "Shut the fuck up Cathy! I told you I don't want to hear about it or talk about it or analyze it either!" As I was yelling she began to shake and I thought she was going to collapse. Seeing her that way I felt a wave of compassion came over me. In a softer voice I added, "You made your choice and I still love you enough to hope it will be a good one." She started to protest but I held up my hand to silence her, "I heard you two talking about being together so don't try to deny you were thinking of leaving me. Listen, for what it's worth, I really wish the best for you. If he makes you happier than I did then I am happy for you." I held up my beer in salute and gave her a final, "Good luck and farewell Cathy."

With an outpouring of tears she fairly flew through the door after that and a few minutes later Marv came back into the house. "How are you holding up son?" I put on a brave front and smiled thanking him once again. He asked me if I wanted to come over to his house and spend the night but I declined as I just wanted to be alone.

The next few days were a blur. I went through my routine at work, lined up a lawyer and got the process for divorce under way. With Marv as a witness I was able to get a restraining order against Braun so soon my life settled into a somewhat normal but lonely and tense pattern.

The divorce became bizarre when my wife and her new fiancé wanted to buy my share of the house from me. It seems the two felt that they had put so much time and effort into it that they did not want to lose it. Personally, I didn't want it anymore as the recent memories it carried were not the ones I really wished to recall. The deal we made was simple, I kept the money in our joint savings and they got my half interest in the house.

Personally, I felt that it would not do them any good to cohabitate in that house. While they had done a lot of work around the outside, the inside was still full of memories of my family and our life together. I snickered a little rationalizing that as long as they owned that house Cathy would be haunted by memories of us and the ghost of me.

I felt bad for Marv as we had pulled the fence down two days after Cathy and Braun had left. With them returning I had to tell him that they would most likely put it back up. When I informed him of this he surprised me by saying that it was good. Knowing how much he detested that fence, I pressed him on his reasoning for the about face. He smiled and pointed out that with neighbors like that a fence really was a blessing as he would not have to see them.

Cathy tried to talk to me numerous times throughout the divorce. I refused to listen to her, the pain was too fresh and I just did not want to be bothered with her excuses. Also, when Braun was around her he seemed to control her and actively prevented her from talking to me. Based on their interactions at the divorce hearing, I would be surprised if they got that happy ever after they were looking for.

As I watched the two of them together I began to feel sorry for my ex-wife. Braun was domineering and I could see my ex beginning to acquiesce to his authority. I could only speculate on how far he would take his control of her.

I again thought of Daisy, she had been a bitch by birth. With Cathy she had become a bitch by choice. Of the two, I guess I really feel more remorse over the dog as she did not have the capacity to rationalize the situation. Cathy, on the other hand, did. If she would have only thought it through she might have realized that she took a vow to forsake all others and she broke that solemn promise made before God. What good could ever come from that?

The weird thing was that somewhere deep inside of me I still wanted to help her. I guess that the love we hold for someone is never really destroyed; it is just overpowered by the detestation or anger that takes its place in our hearts.

Seeing him treat Cathy the way he did I began to think of some sort of revenge against him. However what would be the purpose? The sad truth is that revenge is the most worthless of causes. He got my wife and my old house but he did not destroy me.

I handled myself with dignity throughout the divorce and walked away from the chaos with my honor intact. Revenge would never restore what we had and in the end it would only diminish me. No, let the fates do with them as they will and I will find my own fate somewhere else.

12