A Taste of Blood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Edge23
Edge23
76 Followers

Tyler stood slowly as Cain howled and doubled over, dropping to one knee. Tyler slammed a fist into the side of Cain's head, dropping the man-beast to the floor, though he started rising quickly, though only back to his knee. A massive kick to the head sprawled Cain on the barn floor holding his stomach. He reverted to his human form and lay there screaming as the wolfsbane racked his body in pain. Grace looked at Tyler and turned to run, pulling Violet along. She made it almost to the other end of the barn before Faith stepped into the far doorway, gun held at the ready.

"Going somewhere, bitch?"

Grace changed forms and Faith shot her, right in the shoulder, the silver in the bullets causing her to revert. The bullet didn't come out, making it impossible for Grace to change shape. Violet screamed 'You killed him!' and looped the rope from her wrists and Grace's throat and pulled, Grace going limp after a moment, her chest failing to rise.

Faith took Violet's hands and pulled them free of Grace's neck, untying the rope from her wrists. She helped Violet to stand, Violet hugging Faith for the first time. They walked toward Tyler, Violet limping. Tyler watched this impassively. When Grace didn't move and Faith took Violet in her arms, he turned back to Cain.

"Cain, it's over. Your last ally is dead and you are poisoned and may be dying. Submit and I'll try to help you."

"Never, warrior! I will die first! Or rather, you shall die with me!" He reached into a pocket and pulled out a little black box, pushing a red button.

"Bomb," Tyler yelled, turning toward Faith and Violet, moving faster than he ever thought possible, hearing the pops from Cain's explosives. He shoved the girls to the flood and straddled both of them on his hands and knees, bracing himself as the roof collapsed. He was exhausted and still hurt from the fight, his arms starting to buckle from the weight. Tyler braced himself on his knees and elbows, his eyes rolling back in his head as he fought to stay conscious. When the barn stopped falling, Tyler didn't move. His breathing was ragged and his looked like he was about to collapse on top of them.

"He needs blood," Violet said.

"You're bonded to him," Faith replied. "He needs it from you."

Violet grabbed a small piece of wood with a nail in it and cut her hand, putting it to Tyler's mouth. He licked and sucked weakly on her palm, gathering strength from it, holding himself above them, and protecting them. His eyes came forward and focused on the two of them, giving them a weak smile. Tyler pushed off of the floor and shoved, pushing his way out from under the debris. He helped Violet and Faith up, hugging them both. Lilith walked up to them and hugged them as well, none of them caring about the rain falling on them. They stayed that way for a long moment before Tyler spoke.

"Lilith, is it over?

Lilith nodded. "At least for now." She pointed to the spot where Cain should have been and the only saw a hole like their own. He was gone.

Tyler unburied Thomas Smythe and carried him back to the car, the ladies following him, no one saying a word.

Epilogue

The four of them sat in the big empty house after the funeral for Thomas Smythe. Tyler walked around, uncomfortable in his suit, while the ladies all sat pleasantly in their dresses, all of them in black.

"I don't know anything about business," Violet said. "What are we going to do, Ty?"

"We'll have to get a business manager, I guess. We'll worry about it later, princess. Now is just a time to remember your father." He leaned over and kissed Violet on the forehead.

"Speaking of business," Faith said. "I should get back to mine. Thanks for all the fun, Peanut. If anything like this happens again, don't call me," she laughed, Tyler joining in.

"Faith," Lilith said quietly. "As head of the family, I wonder if we might prevail upon you for your services permanently."

"Permanently? Lilith, I appreciate the offer, but..."

Tyler said, "Come on, Kit Kat. You're like family now."

"Family is the reason I am asking," Lilith said with a smile.

"What do you mean," Violet asked?

Lilith grinned and looked at her and Tyler. "As you two are bonded, there is a new family member on the way."

Tyler blinked and then frowned. "What? Is someone coming for a visit?"

Faith raised her eyebrows and started laughing loudly, Lilith joining in. "Peanut, you're an idiot! She means that Violet is pregnant!"

"She...what?"

"I'm what?"

Lilith nodded, trying to contain her laughter. "When you two bonded at the farmhouse, it was all but guaranteed that your union would produce a child. As this child shall be...unique, I'm sure we'll need someone mystically trained to help take care of her."

"Okay," Faith said, still laughing. "I'm in. I'll need to go back home to get my things and close the store." She walked up to Tyler and poked him in the chest. "I am not changing diapers, Peanut. You two are doing that."

Lilith and Faith started talking about various needs the child might have, being half human and half vampire. Tyler took Violet's hand and led her outside. They stood there, just looking out at the lawn

"Ty?"

"Hmm."

"Are we going to be okay?

Tyler turned to face her and kissed her softly. "Princess, we're going to be just fine. Now. Where do you want to get married?"

If Tyler heard the growling from out by the road or smelled the spices and sweat, he didn't say anything.

Edge23
Edge23
76 Followers
1...5678910