A Taste of Blood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Edge23
Edge23
74 Followers

He ran down the long hallway, moving as fast as he could manage. Apparently, one of the Wolves had bitten his leg during the fight, giving him a limp, he just hadn't noticed. He came to a bend in the tunnel, sticking close to the wall as he looked around the corner. There had to be a dozen of them down there, his improved night vision allowing him to see past them to the small cage that held Violet. He could make out Violet's scent among the others. It was the soft sweet smell of lilies after a rainstorm. Tyler looked down at the floor, guilt shaking him, since it was his fault that she was in there. He fingered the silver sphere and was getting ready to use it when Violet screamed.

He looked up and could see Violet trying to scoot back further into her cramped cage as a Wolf reached for her. Tyler growled and stood, pushing the glowing red button. "Hey, asshole! Get your paws off of her, you damn dirty Wolf!"

As the gathered crowd turned, the silver sphere arced through the air, the spray filling the air with its cargo. Wolves stood silent and blinked as they changed back to their human form almost instantly. Tyler roared as he stepped amongst them, his mace swinging in vicious curves, breaking bones and silver spikes ending lives. When there were no more enemies to crush, Tyler dropped to his knees, feeling the ebb of adrenaline. Soon, his body would start screaming for food like it always did after a fight.

He was knocked backwards by a body being thrown against his, sending another surge of adrenaline through him. It took him a moment to realize it was Violet and she was crying and mumbling incoherently. He wrapped his arms around her and held her for several minutes, not saying anything.

Once Violet had gotten control of herself, Tyler let her go and was stunned when she kissed him, whispering her thanks. She slid off of him and it was only then that Tyler realized that she didn't have any clothes on. He blinked and then offered her his coat, which hung low on her since he was so much bigger than she was. He smiled at her and rolled the cuffs on the coat so he could take her hand and lead her through the mess of bodies and blood that littered the floor.

As they reached the first floor, Tyler sagged against the kitchen counter, blood loss and hunger starting to overwhelm him. "Tyler, get up," Violet urged quietly. "They might come back! Come on! We need to go!"

"Can't," he mumbled. "Too weak. Need...need..." His voice trailed off.

"What? What do you need? Food? Water? What? Tyler! Tell me what you need!"

Tyler started to sway as he fell to his knees, the world starting to rock. "Blood," he whispered. "Need blood."

"Blood? Jesus! What are you, some kind of freak?" Violet pulled on his arm, but didn't move away.

Tyler shook his head. "Vampire. Need blood."

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Don't kill me, Tyler! I know I've been a pain in the ass, but I wasn't that bad!"

"Violet," he said almost too quietly for her to hear. "Help. Need your blood or we both die."

Violet bit her bottom lip, not sure what she should do. Tyler collapsed face first onto the floor, the old tiles cracking under his weight. "Tyler! Tyler!" She pushed him, but he didn't move. It took everything she had, but she got him rolled onto his back. He was barely breathing, his mouth hanging open. She could see his small fangs in his mouth. She pulled up the coat sleeve further and moved her wrist to his mouth and he instinctively bit it, his teeth breaking the skin, making Violet shudder and moan instead of scream like he thought she would. He pulled his fangs away from her arm and felt the tangy red liquid fill his mouth, sending a charge of energy through him as he swallowed it. His tongue snaked out and licked the wounds, sealing them somehow. He felt stronger and he could feel his various wounds healing over. He opened his eyes to see Violet kneeling over him, her eyes glazed over.

"Wow," she said softly. "That was amazing. I hope sex is that good." Tyler's nose detected the faint scent of arousal coming off of her and realized that he was aroused as well. This, however, was neither the time, not the place. He stood, pulling Violet to her feet.

"Come on, princess. Let's get out of here and go home." He took her hand again and moving much more steadily, led her to the front door. Lucille's body was still lying in front of the stairs. Violet gagged at the sight of the headless corpse, but she didn't vomit. She went up a notch in Tyler's estimation. Given what she had been through and had given him her blood, she was up about six or seven notches so far.

They made their way back to Tyler's car, Violet starting to shake as the events of the last twenty-four hours caught up with her. Tyler put her in the back seat and got a blanket from the trunk. She curled into the fetal position and sobbed most of the way back to the house, stopping only when she cried herself to sleep. Tyler called Mr. Smythe to tell him they were on their way back and to have Isabella get a hot bath ready for Violet. Once he had hung up, he heard a soft 'thank you' from the backseat. He looked in the mirror and saw Violet with a smile on her face, even though she was mostly asleep.

Tyler sat impatiently as he waited for the gates to open, his fingers gripping the steering while, turning his knuckles white. Once they opened, he drove to the front of the house, Smythe, Lilith and Isabella waiting for them. He got out and opened the back door, gently lifting the still sleeping Violet into his arms and walking toward the house.

"My God," Smythe exclaimed. "Tyler! Is she...is she okay?"

"She's fine, boss, just exhausted and asleep. Now, if you'll excuse me. Isabella? You have a bath waiting?"

"Si, Señor Tyler. This way." Tyler followed her, leaving Smythe with his mouth hanging open and Lilith with a small smile on her face.

*

Chapter Ten

"No, Señor, I will not allow it," Isabella said, responding to Tyler's statement that he was staying with Violet during her bath. "The girl must have her dignity," she said, staring up at Tyler, refusing to back down.

"Isabella," he said gently. "Mi señorita pequeño, I have seen her with out her clothes. I'm the one who rescued her. That's my jacket she's wearing. Now, if you want me to leave, you're going to have to make me." He hulked over her, crossing his arms. Isabelle, though, was undaunted. Before she could say anything, Violet spoke up, her voice startling both of them with its hollow, haunted quality.

"Isabella, let him stay."

Isabelle reluctantly nodded, but pointed Tyler to a chair across the spacious bathroom. "Sit over there. I don't want the bath water mixing with your drool."

Tyler looked at Violet, who smiled. He smiled back and walked to the other side of the bathroom, sitting in the indicated chair. He sat quietly as Isabella handed him his jacket and proceeded to bathe Violet, who almost fell asleep in the bathtub. Once she was clean, Violet told Isabella she could go, thanking her for the bath. Isabella turned to Tyler.

"You heard her, mister! Time to go! Up! Up!"

"Isabella, Tyler can stay. I need to talk to him." Isabella looked at Violet like the girl was out of her mind, but said nothing. She gave Tyler a warning glare that said 'no funny stuff.' Tyler held up his hands in surrender and she left.

Once she was gone, Violet spoke quietly. "Tyler, what happened back there? Why did they take me? What were they? What are...you?" This last question she asked fearfully, looking like a scared little girl.

Tyler steepled his fingers, trying to figure out where to start explaining. "Do you know who Lilith is?"

Violet frowned at the name. "I've seen her. She's creepy. Daddy introduced her as his 'business partner.' I don't know what she is, but she scares me."

Tyler chuckled softly. "She's your mother, removed a whole bunch of times. She apparently related to me too, though in some really distant way. She's also the first vampire."

Over the next twenty minutes or so, Tyler retold Lilith's tale, paraphrasing where he could, leading up to, and including, the Pact and Violet's subsequent rescue from the farm. Violet, shocked by it all, stayed quiet until he finished.

"So," she said quietly, "You're a...um...a..."

"I'm a vampire, " he finished for her.

"Right," she followed quickly. "A vampire. You suck blood and turn into a bat. Things like that."

Tyler laughed again. "I drink blood, like I did at the farmhouse. I can't turn into a bat, thought. At least, I don't think I can. I haven't gotten the whole thing figured out yet." He smiled when she laughed and kept laughing, releasing all of the pent up fear and stress, her laughter mingling with tears and sobs as her emotions fought. Tyler picked up his chair and sat next to the bathtub, keeping his eyes away from Violet's body and holding her hand.

"Thank you," she whispered between tortured breaths.

"For what?"

"Everything. I know I haven't always been the most pleasant person to keep an eye on. I'm sorry and I want to say thank you for everything you've done for me."

"Well, we're even then, princess. You saved my life at the farmhouse when you gave me some of your blood."

Violet smiled, tears still running down her face. "I'm not sure I can repay you enough, Tyler. But I'll try."

Tyler sat there and looked into Violet's eyes. This was not the same girl he had taken to A Kitten's Dream the day before. She had seen the other side, just like he had, and it had changed them both, albeit in very different ways. They were bonded now. Forever.

*

Chapter Eleven

Tyler waited outside the bathroom while Violet dried off and got dressed. She stepped out in a thick terry cloth bathrobe that was as black as the clothing he had seen her in last. He followed her to her bedroom, neither saying a word. He sat and watched as she dropped her robe and began putting on clothes, Violet obviously at ease with his presence. His eyes roamed the curves of her body, especially her narrow waist and heart-shaped behind, and his groin reacted. He shook his head to clear it and told her of her father's declaration that made him family and not an employee. Violet looked at him for a moment and then went to her dresser. She opened her walled and pulled out a few green bills, folding them in her hand and walking back to him.

"In that case, I want to hire you, Tyler. As my personal bodyguard."

Tyler looked at her with a look of confusion. "But I'm already your bodyguard, Violet. Why would you need to hire me?"

She looked at the floor, her cheeks turning pink. "I want you to protect me, Tyler. From daddy and Lilith. With everything that's happened, I don't know what's going on anymore. I don't know whom to trust. Except you. So, take this money, Tyler. Watch over me. Please."

He looked into her eyes and saw the fear in them, couple with hope and trust. He reached out and took the money, stuffing it into his pocket. Violet crawled into his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. His arms instinctively went around her waist and he held her as she cried softly against his shoulder. The smell of lilies filled his nose and he closed his eyes, taking it in. Soon, there was a soft knock at the door and Isabella stepped in and saw Tyler comforting Violet. Her instincts warred between helping the child and scolding the man. Instead, she waited quietly until Violet had gotten a hold of herself and then informed them that Mr. Smythe and Lilith would like to speak to them downstairs in the office. Tyler nodded and said they would be down shortly. Isabella nodded once and left.

"Tyler, remember that you said you'd protect me," Violet said as she climbed out of his lap and stood next to the chair, like a child waiting for a parent. Tyler stood and looked down at her, nodding his head.

"I am at your command, princess," he said with a grin.

"I'm going to remember that the next time I'm horny," Violet answered with a small smile. They left her room and walked downstairs, turning to the right, and heading to the office, her father and Lilith waiting for them.

"Thomas," they overheard Lilith saying, "They are bonded. Tyler took some of her blood at the farm. They are connected in a way you cannot understand. They are..." She stopped talking when Thomas looked over her shoulder as they entered.

"Baby," Thomas cried out, coming around the desk to hug his daughter. She hugged her father back, holding him close. They separated after a moment, Violet sitting in the chair across from her father. Lilith stood by the side of the desk while Tyler stood behind Violet's chair, his hands behind his back.

"Tyler," Smythe began, "Thank you for bringing my little girl home. I can't thank you enough." Tyler nodded and Thomas continued. "Baby, you remember Lilith, right?" Violet nodded and her eyes brushed over Lilith before returning to her father. "Well, she's not my business partner. She's..." Violet cut him off.

"Tyler explained everything. I'm descended from the first vampire by a direct bloodline and that the werewolves are after me." Both her father and Lilith looked surprised by her grip on the situation, as well as how calmly she seemed to be taking everything, considering the circumstances. "Daddy, what are you doing about it?"

"Baby, there's a war brewing. A war between the vampires and the Wolves. We're doing everything we can to keep you safe, but we don't have the numbers or the resources that the Wolves have. We need to ask you some questions, baby. They may help us."

"Daddy," she replied, "I can't. Don't make me go through it again." She curled up in her chair as if she were trying to get away from a dangerous animal. Lilith started to move toward her.

"Child, we need this information. It may be critical." She was only a couple of feet away from Violet when Tyler stepped between them, simply looking down at Lilith. She looked up at him and Tyler could feel her gathering mystical energy. Smythe cut them off before anything happened.

"Tyler! What are you doing? You don't have to protect her in her own home! Your own home!"

"Actually, boss, I do," he said, not taking his eyes off of Lilith. "When you released me from my contract, Violet hired me. She's my client now and as I told you when you hired me, the client comes first. So, Lilith, I'm going to ask you very nicely, once, to back off."

She snarled at him. "Insolent child! Do you not know I could destroy you in an instant?"

Tyler nodded. "You could, but you won't. You need me; you said so yourself. Now. Back off."

Lilith looked as if she was going to tear his head off, but she stepped back, resuming her post beside the desk. Tyler could feel the anger rolling off of her in waves. He held up a hand where she and Smythe could see, asking them to give him a minute. Lilith nodded slowly. Tyler smiled and turned back to Violet, crouching in front of her.

"Violet, listen to me. I know this is going to be hard, but we...I...need you to be strong. You need to do this so that I can take care of you. I need you to do for this for me. Can you?"

Violet looked into his eyes, a small tear forming in the corner of her eye. She wiped it away and sniffed quietly, nodding her head. Tyler smiled and she smiled back. He held her hand for just a second and then stood, turning to face the other two with a nod. Over the next two hours, prompted by questions, Violet retold the story or her kidnapping, the taping of her wrists and ankles, their arrival at the farmhouse, where they took her clothes and threw her in that tiny cage. During this part of the telling, she took Tyler's hand, which made Thomas's face turn harden and he ran his fingers through his hair. She finished with Tyler's rescue, which she called 'heroic' and tightened her grip on his hand and looked up at him. Smythe looked angry enough to chew rocks, only Lilith's presence preventing him from exploding. Once the telling was over, Lilith dismissed them with her thanks. Violet and Tyler turned to leave, but Smythe stopped Tyler, asking to speak to him for another moment. With Violet's nod, Tyler remained behind as she went upstairs.

"Tyler," he began, looking down at his desk. "I don't know what is going on between you two, but I will not let you break my daughter's heart. Am I clear on this?"

Tyler looked at him for half a minute before answering. "Sir, there is nothing going on between Violet and myself. I rescued her from what was obviously a terrifying situation. I'm her hero. And now, I'm her employee. Rule number two: do not get involved with the client. This isn't Hollywood, sir. I'm not Kevin Costner and she's not Whitney Houston, thank God. My job is to protect, not to date her. Am I clear on that...sir?"

Tyler started to leave, turning back in the doorway. "And honestly, My Smythe, I resent that you would even make such an accusation. I have worked for you for two years, keeping your daughter safe and sound and that's what I intend to keep doing."

He marched out and climbed the stairs, going to Violet's room. She was lying on the bed, curled around a large teddy bear. She looked at him when he walked in.

"I heard what daddy said to you, Ty. I'm sorry if he thinks we're sleeping together or something."

Tyler dropped himself into the same chair as before, letting out a sigh. "No problem, princess. It just upsets me that he would think that of me now, given all of the time I've worked for him over the past two years."

"Maybe," she said quietly, "It's because you're different now. You're not the same Ty you were two months ago or even two days ago."

Tyler stared at her for a long moment before smiling, realizing she was absolutely right.

*

Chapter Twelve

Tyler stayed with Violet the whole night, sitting in a chair next to her bed and watching her sleep. He fell into a kind of slumber that was not quite sleep. He was still aware of everything, but his normally active mind felt like it had down shifted. He realized that he hadn't had blood since the farmhouse and that had been a necessity. Now, it was the normal hunger growing inside him. His eyes opened and went to Violet and he could see the soft pulse of her heartbeat in her throat, making his mouth water. His urge for blood warring with his intellect; he had promised to protect her, not have her for a midnight snack. He stood and walked to the door, trying to take himself away from the temptation. Before he did anything he'd regret, he stepped out of the bedroom and into the cool hallway.

He walked down the stairs to the kitchen, the scent of fairly fresh blood drawing him in. He found it in a clear glass measuring cup next to the sink. They had had steak earlier, so the cook must have forgotten to throw out the blood. It smelled absolutely disgusting and so delicious at the same time, the scent of thick, tangy blood assaulting his nose. Just as he was about to take a drink, a voice stopped him.

"We do have a supply of human blood, if you would rather that. It has a much better taste than animal blood, though, you can subsist on animal blood if necessary." Lilith stood leaning against the doorway, a small smirk on her face.

Tyler, feeling his face flush red from embarrassment, put the cup back down and followed her to a cooler at the rear of the kitchen. She pulled it open and Tyler felt the cool air brush his skin and was surprised when he saw rows upon rows of bags of blood there. Lilith reached in and drew out a bag, handing it to him.

It was a standard blood collection bag, about eight inches high and four inches wide. It was clear, showing off the dark red fluid inside. The only difference was that at the top, there was a collapsible straw. He opened it and took a long drink, feeling the hunger recede. He turned as he finished the bag and saw that he was alone, Lilith vanishing into the night. Tyler shook his head and moved quickly and quietly back up to Violet's room, hearing her soft snores and sitting down in his chair, watching her as she slept.

Edge23
Edge23
74 Followers
1...34567...10