A Taste of Home Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hospital sent home a medical grade scanner, since they wanted to monitor his body's adjustment to its new state. It was stronger than regular scanners, more sensitive to the most minor variations. Micah hated it, but at least he now only had to submit to readings once a week. He couldn't wait to send the damned thing back.

He fumbled it a little when he reached for it, wincing as it dropped onto the top of the dresser. He was tired and his strength wasn't what it was supposed to be after his recent exertions. Micah didn't care if he was weak. It had been so worth it, he thought with a grin.

With a sigh, he pressed his fingers to the surface of the reader and waited until the screen indicated he could remove them. The results appeared, each page staying for ten seconds before moving on to the next. He knew what to look for by now, which ones should change and which shouldn't. There was one new page and Micah stared at it in disbelief for a moment. That couldn't be right. He pressed his fingers again, certain that it was a mistake.

Simon came and hugged him from behind. He asked what was wrong and Micah told him to wait, that he thought something was wrong with the scanner. With relief, he remembered dropping it. That would explain the anomalous reading. Although, none of the other results were off. The same page appeared and both men stared at it is surprise.

"It says you're pregnant. That's impossible."

"I know. Like I said, I did drop it before I scanned myself. Anything else is...just too strange. I'll bring it back to the hospital tomorrow and have it replaced."

Micah replaced the scanner on the dresser and allowed Simon to help him out to the kitchen. Everyone was already gathered, and by the looks the pair received, Micah had the feeling they were all well aware of what transpired in the bedroom. He didn't care. His mother and sister were here and they both adored Simon. Simon's parents were there and had welcomed him warmly. Pen and Ryan were there exchanging wide, knowing grins with the couple. It was wonderful.

He reached out and held onto Simon's hand, so happy he thought he would burst. When he was stronger, they would start their family, either by adoption or by using a surrogate, and his life would be even better.

His mind went back to the results of the scan. What if the scanner wasn't damaged? As strange as it was -- and as impossible! -- Micah wanted it desperately. It would be his dream, to have a child that was truly a combination of him and Simon.

Tomorrow, he would go to the hospital and have them check the scanner, but he wouldn't allow them to test him. If the scanner was damaged, he would have it replaced and scan himself again at home. Micah's heart beat faster. He tried to caution himself against the sudden certainty that there was no mistake. He was carrying Simon's child.

And it had all started with a feeding and a taste of home.

~The End.~