A Team of Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
simply_cyn
simply_cyn
223 Followers

"Oh," Raelyn replied, shaking her outstretched hand. "Terrell is J.T.'s favorite receiver, right?"

"Yeah," she laughed. "I guess you could say that." And then leaning over to smile at Summer, added, "Now who is cute bundle of smiles?"

Raelyn smiled down at her daughter, placing a hand on top of her head. "This is Summer. Can you say hi to Miss Jewel?"

"Hi!" came the enthusiastic reply.

"How old are you sweetie?" Jewel asked, sitting on her heels as she spoke to the cute kindergartner.

"Five," Summer replied, holding up five fingers. "How old are you?"

"Summer, that's not really a nice question to ask adults!" Raelyn laughed.

"Why not? She asked me," the vivacious blonde pointed out.

"She has a point," Jewel replied, smiling up at Raelyn. Then looking back at Summer, answered her question. "I'm thirty-four."

"Wow! You're older than my mommy."

Raelyn covered her mouth in shock as Jewel laughed. "Summer!"

"It's okay," Jewel laughed, straightening back up. "She's a living doll, Raelyn. You must be very proud."

After laughing she said, "I am. I just never know what's going to come out of her mouth."

"It's their age," Jewel commented, looking back down at Summer.

"Mommy, can I go get a coke?"

"I don't know," Raelyn said, looking to the left at the buffet table.

"No, it's okay," Jewel assured her. Then turning to Summer, said, "Just go tell that young man standing over by the table what you want. You see him? He has the red shirt on."

"Yes ma'am," she answered and then looking back over at Summer. "Is it okay, mommy?"

"Sure sweetie," she replied, ruffling her blonde hair once more. "Just don't get into any trouble, okay?"

"Okay!" she said, skipping off towards the table.

Turning back to Jewel, she said, "Thanks. I appreciate it. You're real good with her. You have any children of your own?'

"No," she replied, shaking her head. "We haven't really thought about it yet. Terrell's busy with his career and I have a lot to do being in charge of the Wife's Charities." Raelyn just nodded her head as she looked around once more. Jewel watched her for a moment and then asked, "So, how did you and J.T. meet?"

"He had an interview at my radio station on Friday," Raelyn said.

"That's right!" she said, shaking her finger at her. "You work for KSTV, the station that jams!"

"Well," Raelyn laughed. "That's what the promoters would like for you to think!"

"I like that station," Jewel commented. "You guys play a real good selection of music."

"We try," Raelyn said, smiling at her new-found friend.

"As always, the Rangers are led onto the field by number ten, J.T. Young." Pat Summeral, one of the FOX commentators turned to his partner, John Madden.

"That's right. Young started with the Rangers last year, despite attempts to lure him into Dallas. Lucky for San Antonio, he chose to stick it out with the Rangers this year and try to go for a winning season."

"They're going to need one after last year, especially if the Rangers have any hopes of a play-off berth."

Inside the VIP booth, the television broadcast was playing on two monitors and the sound was being piped over the loudspeaker system. As Raelyn watched the game through the huge plate-glass window, she listened to the announcers calling the game play by play: 'Young outside to Williams. Young back to throw. Young did the right thing. It looked as if the ball was there. Someone must have had a hand in there somewhere.'

Suddenly J.T. had no choice but to be into a shotgun position and the Rangers were called with a false start penalty. In the next shotgun play, his pass was batted back and then the very next call was a punt. Again Raelyn tuned into the announcers. "When he's on his toes, Young can really drill it. I've seen him shoot some real zingers, straight from the pocket, for the score."

"That's right Pat. He's got great hands, and he can fake-pump with the best of them, but he's going to need better protection." Like they knew exactly what was coming, Raelyn watched as J.T. pitched the ball back to his fullback, only to wind up on his back. She grimaced as she watched him slowly rise from his knees, angrily unsnapping his chin strap.

Raelyn quickly got caught up in the action of the game and forgot all about being in the VIP booth. Having been previously married to another professional football player, she'd been an enthusiastic football fan overall, really enjoying the professional games she had attended. It was evident enough to her that J.T. was not having a good game. She found herself yelling in the booth, biting her lip, nervously chewing on her thumbnail, and encouraging J.T. to do better.

"You know," Jewel smiled, leaning over to her ear. "He can't hear you from here."

"Oh god," Raelyn laughed, suddenly remembering where she was. "I keep forgetting we're up in this blasted booth!"

"You know, you're the first woman J.T.'s brought to a game that's actually enjoyed it. He would do good to hold onto you."

"Holding on requires that you're together, and we're not!" Raelyn quickly pointed out.

"Have you told J.T. that?" Jewel questioned, one eyebrow rising skeptically.

"Trust me," she said, looking back out at the game. "He knows."

"So how do you know so much about the game?" Jewel asked, taking a sip of her coke as she eyed Raelyn. "You sure seem to know a lot about what's going on out there."

Raelyn took a deep breath, looking over at Jewel. "Well," she began a little hesitantly. "I used to be married to a professional football player."

"Really?" Jewel said, almost choking on her drink. "I didn't know that. Who?"

"Well, I really don't talk about it. He was a real jerk," she added.

"Point taken," she said, looking back to the game. "I won't say another word."

"I appreciate it," she said. After a moment, she turned to Jewel once more. "My father was a high-school football coach as well and I practically grew up on the sidelines of a football field. Pro football is a little different, but the concepts are the same."

"Well, you're just full of surprises Raelyn Ballard," Jewel laughed. "No wonder J.T. is so smitten."

Suddenly the crowd booed another Steeler touchdown, and Raelyn could see J.T. conferring with an offensive coach on sidelines, a Ranger cap on his head, shaking his head vigorously as he listened, or argued. Raelyn wasn't sure which to tell the truth!

During halftime, Raelyn had to drag Summer away from the buffet table, afraid they were going to be kicked out because of her kindergartner's appetite. But before the second half began, she found her curled up asleep in one of the plush chairs. Once the team came back out onto the field to begin the second half, Raelyn was glad she had agreed to come to the game. Summer had had a blast and despite herself, Raelyn had to admit that she too had enjoyed herself. Jewel lived up to her name and Raelyn felt like she had made a friend.

In the first minutes of the final quarter, the Ranger's kick receiver ran the ball back eighty-four yards for a spectacular touchdown. The spectators came to their feet, cheering wildly and it seemed to add momentum to the team. For the duration of the game, the defense held the Steelers from further scoring. Then with fifteen seconds showing on the clock, the Steelers fumbled and the Rangers gained possession of the ball on their own fifty-two yard line. J.T. made a fake pump, and then let loose a long shot for a touchdown pass to Terrell Williams. With a smile on her face and Jewel going into hysterics beside her, Raelyn watched J.T. jump up and down, watching his pass spiral through air and then pump his arms victoriously into air as he watched Terrell run untouched into end zone. The crowd went collectively nuts!

After the game, Jewel took Raelyn by the hand. "Come on! We can get onto the field and I have a feeling that J.T. will want to see you."

"I don't know," Raelyn said, picking up her daughter who was still asleep. "I should get Summer home."

"But I want to go see the man on the horse," came her daughter's muffled plea. Raelyn looked over at her daughter's head on her shoulder and all she could see was the blonde ponytail.

"Summer?"

Summer had raised her head to smile into her mother's face. "Is the football game over?"

Jewel laughed and said, "Now, how can you turn down a plea like that?"

"I guess I can't," she said, putting Summer down. "You'll have to walk," she explained, to her. "You're too heavy for Mommy to carry."

"Okay," she said, suddenly fully awake.

Once on the sidelines, Raelyn was suddenly impressed with the size of the Ranger stadium. As she set Summer down on the Astroturf and turned slowly, her eyes drinking in the sheer hugeness of the stadium, she heard Jewel exclaim. "J.T.! What a comeback!"

Raelyn turned suddenly to find J.T. smiling down at her. "I wasn't sure you'd come, but I sure am glad you did."

"Me too," she admitted, smiling up at him. "You did a great job."

Suddenly, a horde of reporters surrounded them as Summer tugged on Raelyn's shirt. "Mommy? Where's the man on the horse? Can we go see him?"

"This is your surprise guest?" J.T. questioned, surprise shining in his eyes. And then squatting down beside her, asked, "What's your name, cutie?"

Summer bestowed a dazzling smile up at him as she replied, "Summer. What's yours?"

"J.T.?" a reporter suddenly interrupted. "What happened the first half?"

J.T. looked up from his position beside Summer and frowned. "Give me a minute, will ya?" And then turning back to Raelyn's young daughter, answered her question. "My name's J.T. You sure are cute."

"Thank you," she answered, suddenly shy.

"Is this your mommy?" he said, pointing up to where Raelyn stood, looking down at the exchange between the two and she couldn't help but smile.

"Yes," she said. "My daddy's a football player too," she suddenly added.

J.T. looked up at Raelyn, surprise once again shining up at her. "Really?" he replied. And then turning back to Summer, asked, "What's your daddy's name?"

Raelyn was suddenly there, stooping to kiss Summer on the cheek. "Let's go find the man on the horse, Summer." As she took the youngster's hand, she gave J.T. a look that said 'Watch it bud!'

"Okay," she said, pulling on her hand.

"J.T.," the reporter said, once more. "How about an interview?"

He rose to his full height as he caught Raelyn by the arm. "Hold on a minute." Turning to the young reporter, he said, "Just a sec." Turning back to Raelyn, he said, "Give me a sec. I want to talk to you."

Jewel was suddenly there with Terrell and offered, "Let us take Summer to see the mascot. You stay here."

As Raelyn started to protest, J.T. answered for her, "Thanks guys." Where Raelyn would've followed Jewel, J.T. held onto her hand, turning back to the reporter. "Okay . . ."

Raelyn stood, watching J.T. give the reporter a quick synopsis of the game as he held tightly to her hand. There were also photographers there and she knew she was being photographed alongside J.T. It bothered her to the core that he was presumptuous enough to hang onto her like they were together. "I expected more offensively than what we produced the first half. The defense played great and got us some turnovers . . . breaks we needed. Luckily, we came out and played better offensively in the second half."

At end of interview, the reporter suddenly asked about Raelyn. "Are you going to introduce us to your friend?" he asked, the camera pivoting to settle on Raelyn.

"She's a friend and my good luck charm," was all he offered as he suddenly steered her away from the crowd. "That's it guys," he called, walking quickly away, his arm guiding her through the crowd.

As they approached the locker rooms, Raelyn had a hard time keeping her mind off the attractive man leading her down the concrete walk. He hadn't let go of her hand and Raelyn's skin positively tingled where they touched. She had worked too hard to let go of her last relationship to find herself falling once more head over heels for another professional football player. J.T. politely introduced her to the fellow team members that they came across. When they came across Terrell, Raelyn's brow suddenly furrowed.

"Terrell? Where's Summer?" Raelyn reached out to touch his shoulder and as he turned, he could see the concern on her face.

"Don't worry," he said, squeezing her on the arm, a big smile on his face. "She's running around on the field with Jewel. She's helping the ground crew pick up all the trash. She's having a blast!"

"I hope she isn't running Jewel ragged," she said, turning to glance back over her shoulder.

"I wouldn't worry," Terrell said, shrugging his jersey and shoulder pads over his head. "That youngster of yours is a real sweetie."

"And what a looker," J.T. offered. "Just like her mom," he added, smiling down at Raelyn.

simply_cyn
simply_cyn
223 Followers
12