A Tiny Slip Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, you bitch traitor." said Cindy. "This is your last chance. I'm not playing any more bullshit games. You give me something to expose the Consultant of Crime... or I am going to leave this place, and go kill him myself."

Obviously the anti-bugging device was on, and at full power.

"You're going to kill Commander Troy?" Julie asked skeptically.

"No, idiot." Cindy replied. "I mean the real Consultant of Crime. I'm going to kill him. Then I get to tell everyone what's really going on. Your Master will be dead, his public image dishonored. I may be executed, but I'll gladly die to save Commander Troy. And killing your Master will do that. You know it in your soul, traitor."

Julie did know. "Do it, then. You have no idea how much shit is coming down on Troy's head. You can't beat it out of me with your crowbar, you fucking dyke.... oh, by the way, how is Jenna doing? Those men really worked her over with their cocks, made a good hetero woman out of that dyke bitch, didn't they?"

Cindy did not rise to the bait. "Maybe I should have that done to you."

"Take your best shot." Julie said. "I went through the same training that Troy's wife went through in the CIA. They rape the shit out of their agents before putting them out in the field. It won't work. I'm much stronger than your dyke girlfriend was."

"What about your sister?" Cindy said. She felt Julie's reaction, though the other woman tried hard to hide it. "Oh yes, I'll bet she's not trained. And my guys will be raping her, beating her, raping her, beating her... demanding she give up the info on you... and she won't know what to say because she has no idea... she'll die not even knowing why it was happening to her..."

"Well, since we're taking it to the mattresses," Julie said, her eyes mere slits as she peered at Cindy, "you and your bitch buddy Teresa Cunt will be getting the same treatment. It will be too bad if you murder an innocent woman in my sister, but the Master's payback will be... well, it's going to hurt. And the dogs will feed off your bellies when the men are through using you for their sexual pleasure. I damn well guarantee that if you harm my sister."

As Julie ranted, Cindy was mentally studying her enemy, trying to do as Mrs. Veasley said and use her mind to understand... it was said her father was psychic... she wished she'd inherited his powers if that was true. Oh, wait... what did she just say?"

"Dogs, eh?" Cindy said. "Tell me about your Master's love of dogs." Ah... she'd found it.

"My Master rightly hates dogs." snarled Julie. "They are foul, filthy beasts. Every dog on earth will be eradicated when we have won."

Julie was into it, and began ranting: "My Master has tortured and killed many such filthy creatures. He worked with Bryan Thatcher, a good white man who knew what to do to filthy dogs. They made those dogs feel pain, just as you and your sister and your friend are going to feel pain. His only regret was that he didn't finish off that filth the Commander adopted; that piece of shit survived. But my Master will personally torture and kill that dog, and correct his one and only mistake..."

Cindy's ice blue eyes were gleaming. "Yes... one and only mistake... and your tiny slip." Cindy got up and ordered the officers to escort Newton back to her cell. A female Patrol Officer assisted Morton in that task as Cindy left Precinct 3 Headquarters.

Julie Newton watched Cindy leave. Thou Fool, she thought to herself. You could kill my sister in front of me and I would not care; I care only for my Master and his success. I'll be out of here soon. And into the trap you go...

Part 4 - Day of the Michaux

"I will be pissed if my last meal on this earth is double cheeseburgers." I said as Jack Muscone and I ate in the back room of the Cop Bar. We were the only ones in the back area. When we'd come in the front door, the banter of police officers and firefighters quietened down to almost nothing, and I could feel their furtive looks at me as I went past them.

"What do you mean? This is the best last meal in the world." Jack said, and his gusto at eating his double cheeseburgers attested to his love of them. "Well, at least you're not paying for them, since I'm picking up your check. So, you think it happens today?"

"I know it." I said. "It's all in readiness. The Consultant has planned this down to the last detail. He is going to force me to commit suicide, and most of the Town will be watching on television."

"Like you're just going to let that happen." said Muscone. "I'm more worried about your family."

"Molly, the boys, and my mom are in hiding." I said. "I think they'll be safe. Todd made his own security arrangements, which included Teresa, Tanya, and baby Pete Feeley. They should be fine, too."

"What about Paulina, and Tasha?" Jack asked as he ate some french fries.

"She wouldn't let me help her." I said. "She knows Tasha is a primary target, but she said she'd make her own arrangements. I think... I hope I know what they are, but there's nothing else I can do. Ditto that for Captain Ross and the other Detectives."

"I hope they're keeping their heads on swivels." said Jack. "I told my people to be careful, as well. What about the Sheriff and your ex-wife?"

"They were pretty standoffish when I tried to talk to them." I said. "I think Daniel actually believes the shit about me. And Melina... well, I don't feel I even know her anymore. They're on their own."

I continued: "It's Cindy I'm most worried about. But she has chosen to 'hide in plain sight', as it were. She's almost hoping they'll come for her... so she can take her shot back at them. She must have Michaux blood in her." Jack chuckled at the joke, knowing that I was doing the same thing.

"All right." said Jack as we finished. "The FBI will continue the case against the Consultant, no matter what."

In the parking lot, Jack turned to me, extended his hand and said "Good luck, Don."

I shook Jack's hand. "Thanks, my friend. And thanks for everything. I'll see you on the other side." Our handshake turned into a brief man-hug, then Jack got into his car lest his emotions overcome him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Robert Patterson's plane will be landing at County Airport about 6:00pm." said Priya Ajmani into her microphone as she reported from near First Baptist Church. "He will then be helicoptered in to First Baptist Church, where he'll give what is expected to be a rousing Revival speech to the 2000 people in the Sanctuary. From there, he'll be driven by motorcade to the University Arena. This is Priya Ajmani, Five-Alive News at Noon!"

After signing off, Priya and her team were putting up their mobile equipment when she looked over to her left. A hundred feet away stood the platinum blonde woman, just standing there, watching her.

"I'll be back in a minute, guys." said Priya. She went over to Cindy. "Well, hello Captain. I did not expect to see you here."

"Off the record, and shut off that recorder in your purse." Cindy said. Priya sighed and turned off her digital recorder. It wouldn't have mattered, Cindy's device was on.

"Okay, off the record." Priya said. "What do you want?"

"I want you to tell me," Cindy said, "where Lieutenant Croyle is right now."

Priya looked surprised, then her eyes became more contemplative. "And what's in it for me?" she asked with a knowing, wanting smile.

"A hot date." Cindy said. "One of the hottest nights of your life. With me and Callie Carrington." It was easy for Cindy to offer this; she wanted to fuck Priya as much as the gorgeous Indian woman wanted her. And she knew Callie would jump at the chance, too.

"The porn star? Really?" asked Priya, her eyes sparkling at the thought of fucking both these blonde women. "Mmm, that is definitely a deal. And by the way, watch your back. Bad people are after you. They may be following your car wherever you go, too."

"Yes, I know..." Cindy said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Sorry about your wife and kids." said Eddy the Bounty Hunter as he came into the back door of my little security systems shop in the same strip mall as Town Fitness Centers.

"Thanks." I said. "What do you have for me?"

"I finally found that punk Gor-don." said Eddy. "He's holed up with at least four other people in Rooms 202 and 204 of the Sunrise Hotel south of Town."

"Cool." I said. "I've already sent the money to your account."

"Thanks." said Eddie. "Listen, Commander, something is really weird about this one. I couldn't get a trace on Gor-don for months. Not in Midtown, Southport, the City, or around here. I think he was shipped way out of State, or was really deep in hiding. And then all of a sudden, I get not one but three tips on his location, and it turns out to be good info."

"The three sources related to each other?" I asked.

"Not that I know of," said Eddy. "But it was strange... as if someone wanted me to find him and tell you."

"Yep, a 'strangeness'." I said. "Okay, Eddy, this was good work. I think you need to get out of Dodge. Florida, California, Alaska, wherever you want to go, but get the hell away from here for a while."

"I heard that." said Eddy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cindy went into her office at Headquarters and sat down at her desk. She brought up the email program and began to write:

"With the authority invested in me as Captain of Detectives in the Town & County Police Force, I hereby commission Bowser, owned by Commander Troy, into the K-9 Police Force with the rank of Sergeant, effective immediately. (signed) Cindy Ross, Captain of Detectives."

She sent the email to every place it needed to go. She then got up, got a blue bandana with the TCPD logo on it, and left her office.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went to the home of J.P. Goldman. Selena Steele admitted me and took me to the Library Room of the large home. J.P. Goldman and Edward R. Steele were waiting for me there.

"Our condolences on the loss of your family, Commander." said Mr. Steele.

"Thank you, but I must apologize in advance for having to move past the formalities so quickly." I said. "I need to speak to Mr. Harkins." That was the Mr. Harkins that had worked at the Second National Bank, and had disappeared.

"So it's time?" asked J.P. Goldman, understanding. I nodded.

A moment later, a panel in the wall of the room opened, and out came Mr. Harkins. The room was a small bedroom suite, with a desk, bed and television in it, concealed behind the fireplace. Mr. Harkins blinked at me as he got used to the light.

"Mr. Harkins," I said, "as you know, I am Commander Donald Troy of the TCPD."

"Yes, the man who has saved my life." said Mr. Harkins. "It's been a long, long time, though."

"Yes, it has." I said.

"Oh, he didn't spend all of his time in that room." said Goldman. "And I had him do some bank work for me. Right good work he did, too."

"Well, your ordeal is over Mr. Harkins." I said. "Are you willing to testify against him?"

"More than anything." said Harkins.

"Just one more thing, and in front of these witnesses." I said. "Say his name!"

Harkins stated the name of the Consultant of Crime.

"Okay, Edward, we have a Council Meeting to attend at five o'clock." said Goldman.

"Leave an hour and a half early." I said. "They told you five o'clock, but our enemies are meeting at four o'clock. And don't stop if any TCPD vehicles try to pull you over. Selena, if you will attend Mr. Harkins until some of my officers get here to transport him under heavy guard to Police Headquarters, to get his full statement on videotape..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cindy went into the office of the CEO of BOW Enterprises. The lovely assistant Mariko stood and bowed formally.

"Such an honor to see you, Captain Ross-san." Mariko said. "How may I be of service to you today?"

Cindy bowed back, formally and correctly, having been well trained by both the Iron Crowbar and her father. "Hello, Mariko-san. I am delighted to see you looking so well. Please excuse my hurry, but I must speak with Lieutenant Croyle immediately."

"Ah, so desu ka?" Mariko replied. "Excuse me one moment, please." She picked up the phone and pressed a button...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Yeah," said Seth, "I worry about her. When that building collapsed, I thought Joanne was dead."

"It's hard." Tanya said. "It's hard on all of us, and our families."

"How do you cope?" said Seth. "I mean... I want to protect my wife, and she's the one rushing out there into danger. I kind of want her to resign, but she says she loves being a police officer and working with you guys."

"That's how we all feel." said Teresa, who was petting Buddy, and had pretty much been doing so for hours. "Seth, have you talked to Joanne about it? Really talked to her?"

"Yes." said Seth. "She says she understands how I feel, but I don't think she really does..."

Tanya said "You know, it might help if you talk to Dr. Fredricson------- oh...." she said as she remembered. "Well, maybe Dr. Karpathian. Maybe that would help you cope with Joanne being in danger, even though it's not really as dangerous as it seems."

"Says the woman in the wheelchair, to the husband that watched a building collapse on his wife." Teresa said, showing no mercy to their feelings. "Let's not sugarcoat this; police work is dangerous. Rewarding as hell, but it has its moments of sheer terror. Seth, you really should talk to someone, a professional. It will help."

Just then the phone rang. "It's for you, Teresa." said Barry Oliver. Teresa took the phone.

"Teresa," said Cindy, "I need you to come to Todd's office. We have a mission. It's 'vitally urgent'. And bring Bowser, only Bowser..."

As she waited for Teresa, Cindy made one more phone call...

Part 5 - The Consultant of Crime

(One more time: spoiler alert.)

Wednesday, June 22d. Just after 4:00pm, some of the Council were meeting in the private chamber. Present were Kelly Carnes, Reginald B.F. Lewis, Thomas P. Cook, Malinda Adams, J.P. Goldman, E.R. Steele, Pastor Raymond Westboro, and Malinda Adams, and of course Mayor Larry Vaughan, the People's Choice. Also in attendance were Sheriff Daniel Allgood, University President Wellman, and Chief Emeritus Griswold.

"Okay," said the Mayor, "where are Mr. Colby and Mrs. Schoen?"

"Traffic difficulties." said Thomas P. Cook. "And they were also pulled over by TCPD Officers who respect the Law, unlike Commander Troy.

"They were pulled over?" snarled Steele.

"Oh, did I mix up my tenses?" said Cook, with a malicious smile on his face. "Oh, I guess Mr. McGhillie is also delayed. Traffic today is terrible with that Reverend Patterson event."

"A great event for my Church." said Pastor Westboro.

"Of course, of course." said Cook agreeably. "Okay, Mr. Mayor, let's proceed to business."

"Last night I voted against suspending Commander Troy," said the Mayor, "because I wanted to hear from the Sheriff and the former Chief that hired the man, as well as the University President, whose opinion the Council greatly respects. I want the Sheriff's opinion on the future of the Police Force without Commander Troy, and then I want to hear Chief Griswold's explanation why he hired such a young and inexperienced man into such a high position, then promoted the man to Commander. We are now learning of the seriousness of the mistake in those actions."

"What do you have to say for yourself, Griswold?" said Thomas P. Cook sneeringly.

"Show Chief Griswold some respect." said Sheriff Allgood, "or I will whip your ass myself."

"Come now, Sheriff," said Pastor Westboro, "no need to play Iron Crowbar here. And Thomas, do show Chief Emeritus some respect, despite the mistakes he's made."

"I stand by my decision to hire Commander Troy, and to promote him." said Chief Griswold defiantly, his mustaches twitching in anger. "I would do it again, I would do it every day of my life if I had the choice. I've never met a better police officer nor more honorable man in my life. I'll stand with Donald Troy any day."

"Sheriff, what do you say?" asked the Mayor.

"Commander Troy is not perfect. No one is." said the Sheriff. "But he's a man of incredible insight and vision. He has solved crimes that no one else here, with all due respect to Chief Griswold, would have been able to solve. He has cleaned up the corruption that pervaded our Police Force and this County. I believe the witch hunt against him is to try to stop him from cleaning out the continuing corruption of certain elected officials, including some in this room."

"But how will the Police Force do without him, Sheriff?" asked the Mayor.

"We will go on." said the Sheriff. "Cleaner, better, and on guard against future corruption. But we won't be better off. With Commander Troy on the Police Force, the criminals stay aware, and make less trouble for us."

Suddenly, there was heard a scraping at the solid double-doors at the entrance of the chamber. The Mayor practically leaped to the other side of the table, where the podium was.

The solid doors and steel deadbolt lock were no match for a Blue Crowbar and a determined platinum blonde using it. The doors swung open out into the hallway, and Police Captain Cindy Ross entered the room.

"Captain Ross, what the hell are you doing?" snarled Thomas P. Cook. "This is a private meeting!" Everyone had sprung up out of their chairs at the intrusion. They stood stock still as Cindy took command of the meeting.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Captain Ross said loudly. "I cannot help but think that there is one witness from whom we have not yet heard. A witness that will not only show Commander Troy's innocence, but will reveal the identity of the real Consultant of Crime. Detective, if you please!"

From around the corner and into the room came Detective Joanne Cummings Warner, holding Bowser. A K-9 Police Badge was on his collar. With his Police bandana also on his collar and over his back like a cape, the yellow-haired dog looked utterly adorable.

"Oh, such a good sweet dog." Joanne cooed as Teresa Croyle followed Joanne inside, ready for an arrest, or battle. "What a sweet dog!" Bowser was skittish with all the strangers as Cindy took him.

"This dog," Cindy announced to the stunned audience, well, everyone except Chief Griswold, "was tortured by the Consultant of Crime, working with the late Bryan Thatcher. Sergeant Bowser barely survived. Of course Commander Troy adopted Sergeant Bowser here, and has shown nothing but the great love of his heart for dogs with this one here. But one of you here in this room tortured this dog... and it is time for payback."

Cindy went first to Chief Griswold. "He seems to like you, Chief." she said as Bowser sniffed at Griswold and wagged his tail.

"Bowser is obviously a perceptive creature." growled the Chief in his most Vulcan-esque voice.

"No doubt." said Cindy. She took Bowser up to the Mayor, who looked as if he were undergoing a rectal probe. Bowser sniffed, and did not react. Cindy went to Kelly Carnes. Bowser sniffed at her, then sneezed, but otherwise did not react.

"Maybe a little bit too much perfume, there, Mrs. Carnes." Cindy said. She then had Bowser sniff at Reginald B.F. Lewis. Bowser had no problem with him. "Bowser seems to like you, Councilman Lewis." Cindy said.

"Bowser is obviously committed to racial diversity." said Lewis humorously.

"Indeed." said Cindy. She took the dog to Thomas P. Cook. Bowser sniffed.

"Well," said Cindy, "Bowser seems to like you, Mr. Cook. No accounting for taste."

"Watch yourself, Captain." Cook replied. Cindy was already past him. Teresa was watching intently, ready for action.

Cindy and Bowser went by Goldman, Steele, and Malinda Adams without incident. Only two men left, Wellman and Westboro. Cindy went up to one of them, and Bowser sniffed.