A Touch of Death Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A big fight at the Inn? That wouldn't reflect well on Calvin and Dora when it got around. I made a mental note to start some juicy rumors. "How harsh?"

He leaned back. "Well, let's see. One of the guests called him 'an arrogant ass' and called his plan a publicity stunt that the LTMA didn't need their president involved with. You know Armstrong was the Association president this year, right?"

I shook my head and let him continue.

"Well, he was. That one guy tried to get the group to vote against the project. Armstrong just sneered him down. Said he didn't need his 'precious permission.' I gather that there was more than a little bad blood between the two."

It would've been fun to be at that meeting. "What was the mood of the crowd? Were they with Armstrong or against him?"

Ty shrugged. "I gathered about two-thirds either supported him or didn't care. The other third grumbled, but only the one guy was hell bent to stop the deal, at least at first."

"Do you know his name?"

One corner of his mouth quirked upward. "I couldn't have missed hearing it. His last name is Stanton. I doubt that his full name is 'that ass Stanton', though."

I laughed.

"That wasn't the last of it, either. Another man showed after we started eating. On a personal note, the food here is much better. The second guy was even more entertaining than Stanton. In a wild-eyed fanatical way. He kicked his way through the main door to the dining room and denounced Armstrong before your ex-husband and his wife dragged him off."

"Wow. It sounds like I missed one hell of a party."

"I think the man was with one of the Lake Tahoe preservation societies. I didn't catch the name, but that was the thrust of what he said. He said they'd never allow Armstrong to disturb the ship. He sounded righteously pissed."

I finished my coffee while I considered that.

"Will losing Armstrong kill the recovery effort?"

Ty shook his head. "I don't think so. Armstrong had a partner who's just as gung-ho about this project as he was. Damien Manchester."

He finished his breakfast and sighed regretfully. "Speaking of Mister Manchester, I should track him down. We've got a lot to talk about."

I looked down at the table, astonished that all the food in front of Ty was gone. Reluctant for breakfast to be over, and not sure why I was feeling that way, I took his hand in mine and looked up into his face. "Thanks for being here this morning. It's been good seeing you again."

He stood up and gave me a two finger salute. "I think we might be seeing each other more often than you think. See you around." With that and a sexy swagger of his hips he walked out the door.

Damn all good looking men.

12