A Vixen in Crimson Red Pt. 01

Story Info
A shy virgin plays hero to his next door crush.
7.2k words
4.58
15.1k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For a special girl in my life.

Sorry if the quality is kind of bad, this was written from my phone.

*****

It was in a furious haze that I kept my bloodied knuckles under the running water. The altercation which left me in this situation had caused a lot of mental and emotional distress. I had been walking back to my apartment, fumbling with the keys in my hand, when my neighbor, a gorgeous girl I'd been harboring a crush for since she moved in, flew from her front door to the opposite wall with a loud thud. She was clad in a torn shirt and a pair of pajamas.

For a second, I stood in shock. Blood was making a small stream down her noze, and one of her eyes was nearly swollen shut. Tears fell from her eyes as she began to stand, at which point the guy she'd been dating stepped through the door and readied another swing.

"What the fuck did I tell you!?" he yelled in a sickening fury.

She stood and started making her way to the elevator.

He'd made to chase after her when I grabbed him by the throat and tossed him to the ground. His body fell in an ungraceful tumble, and I could smell the alcohol emanating from him.

In a state of confusion, he stood up and looked around, honing in on me and making a lunge in my direction. At the same time, i swung a punch aimed at his temple and connected, though he knocked me over.

Our wrestling had caused quite a commotion, and the old lady across the hall stepped out and grabbed your arm, pulling you into her room.

Another punch landed, this time by the drunken asshole with no respect. It caught my cheek, and I retaliated with a cross meeting his jaw, followed by another, and another. I saw red and yelled with blow after blow meeting his chin, "You think it's okay to hit women? How do you like it, you piece of shit?"

I threw him to the floor and spat some of the blood leaking from my fat lip.

As he was standing up, the cops stepped through the elevator door and commanded us to remain still.

The asshole turned and made an attempt to swing at one of them, not really realizing they were cops until he missed.

A moment later, he was down on the floor in handcuffs, and the cops made their way towards me. I put my hands up and declared, "I was just trying to help."

He grabbed my arm and lowered me to the ground, then cuffed me.

"We'll see about that." He said plainly.

"Listen, I was walking back to my apartment, and he was attacking the woman who lives next door!" I spoke hurriedly with the adrenaline still running through my system.

The old lady across the hall stepped out with my neighbor next to her, wrapped in a blanket and trying to hide her face.

"Officer. Officer?" she said, tapping him on the shoulder.

The cop turned and looked to find the old lady explaining herself rather rapidly.

"You're Meridith, the woman who called us?" asked the cop, taking out his notepad.

"I certainly am! And I hope you let that young man up! He was defending this young lady here. That man was throwing her around and hitting her, and if he hadn't stepped in, she might have been seriously hurt!"

The cop released me from the handcuffs and walked over to my neighbor.

"What's your name?"

"...Cassidy Cartwright."

"Has this guy ever hit you before?"

"No. If I'd known Clarence would hit me, I wouldn't be with him."

Clarence yelled in response, "You just wait, bitch! I'll get you good!"

The other officer pulled him onto the elevator and they were gone.

"And this guy was just helping?" He continued.

"Yes."

The cop jotted the information down and radioed an ambulance.

"Here's what we're going to do. We're going to take you to the hospital and make sure you're alright. If you want to press charges, I'll be able to set that up at the police station after you're checked out. Do you want to press charges?"

I watched Cassidy nod and whispered what I assumed to be a yes.

My eyes met hers and she looked down in shame. I was happy she wasn't defending that guy. He deserved to sit in jail for a long time for even thinking of hurting her.

The cop got my statement, then left after I denied the hospital visit.

It was then that I walked back in and ran my knuckles under the cold water as I pulled the rubbing alcohol from the cabinet.

After the sting faded from my knuckles, I wrapped them up and got into bed.

I couldn't sleep for hours. The pain on my hand and cheek made what happened go through my head again and again.

Then, with a final sigh and a thought of her on my mind, I drifted off to sleep.

The next few days went by in a silence as I strolled to and from work with my hand in bandages. I didn't see much of Cassidy, other than when I'd see her heading to the elevator as I was coming in. Her trip to the hospital awarded some stitches around her eye, and a sullen look befell her whenever she passed me. She'd stop and turn to me as though she were about to say something, but just kept walking.

I started my routine of mentally psyching myself out. I kept beating myself up over not being able to talk to her.

After my little 'heroic act' I figured it'd be easier, but in my head, I figured the only times she ever saw me was in a fight and as some quiet weirdo who lived next door to her.

I'd never even bothered to learn her name before she said it that night, so I figured my odds were stacked against me.

I remained quiet and sat in my room, tapping away mindlessly at my computer, trying to put my book together.

But, as would often be the case, thoughts of her ran through my mind. I took out my pen and scrap paper and began writing about her. Nothing I ever did seemed to get her out of my head, but making a few literary works with her as the subject at least helped me concentrate on other things.

I would write poems about her. I couldn't really explain why, but something about her charm really captured my thoughts.

Something about her enticing brown eyes, that big smile that she'd wear whenever I'd awkwardly tell her jokes while waiting on the elevator. She was stick-thin, and her short brown hair was sometimes covered in a camouflage ball cap, which really went well with the hint of drawl in her voice. I'd seen plenty of girls like her, and country girls weren't usually my type, but, well...I just couldn't tell you.

I couldn't tell if it was an air of mystery or just that she was always kind to whomever she was around, but I always seemed to come back to writing about her.

I had just finished a short poem about her when I heard a knock on the door. A glance through my peephole revealed Cassidy standing there.

I bashfully opened the door and muscled a "Hello."

"Hi," she said with a smile, "can I talk to you for a second?"

"Y-yeah," I said hurriedly, "come on in."

She stepped through at the same time I realized how dirty my dwelling was.

Piles of books and dirty clothes sat in random piles around my bed, and the door to my room was wide open. Hollie sat at my table with me opposite of her. I kept averting my eyes whenever I caught myself staring at her.

"So um, do you want anything to drink?"

"No thank you. I don't think I'll be here that long anyway..."

I felt myself getting smaller as I pulled my arms into me and consciously kept myself from crossing them.

She continued, "I didn't thank you for saving me. I think a lot of people would have just looked away."

"Oh. No-it's nothing. I just couldn't stand by while someone hit a woman...call me old-fashioned." I cut myself off with an awkward half-chuckle.

She smiled again. I was awestruck at her radiance, even with the bruises, I could tell she had a wonderful spirit.

"But you helped me, and I don't take that lightly. You got hit because of me... I guess I should have seen it coming, though. I have a knack for falling for the wrong type of guy."

"There's no way you could've known he'd do that. An asshole is an asshole. Stop blaming yourself. And this?" I pointed to my bruise, "I'm the talk of the town! Nothing to worry about."

I made her chuckle and she caught me looking into her eyes before hastily looking away.

"So," she continued, standing up, "I hope to see you around, um-what's your name again?"

"It's-I-I'm Avry..." I cleared my throat, "I'm Avery."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Cassidy."

"I know-I mean I overheard you say it before, not that I was trying to listen in or anything. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be so nervous, Avery. Crazy to think someone as brave as you is so quiet."

I stammered again, then calmed myself and stood with her.

"I'm no hero, but if there's anything else I can do, just let me know. As long as it isn't skydiving. Fuck that."

She laughed and opened the door to leave.

"I'll keep that in mind, and if there's any way for me to pay you back, tell me. I'll be right next door."

She smiled and kissed me on the cheek, then shut the door behind her. I sat back down and kept writing about her. My heart was beating so fast I didn't think I'd get anything done for a week.

The next few days went by in a haze of lovestruck wonder on my part. Cassidy had knocked on my door every night since I first let her in. I made an extra effort every day to keep the place tidy, not that she ever complained when it wasn't.

We would sit at my table and talk. She'd open up to me and tell me about her problems and her worries, and I'd listen to her intently. I wondered what level of trust she'd have to have for me in order to tell me the things she'd been through. A painful stint during her school years, the worries embedded deep in her soul of knowing she didn't deserve to be loved, and of the guys who'd hurt or taken advantage of her. I almost rose to tears after learning of the people that would bring any harm to such a gorgeous woman, to such a beautiful soul.

I tried to tell her about these things on multiple occasions, but all my words failed me in her presence no matter how often I wanted to open up to her. All those thoughts built up on the papers I never had the courage to show her for fear she'd think I was a freak and never want to talk to me again.

So, the only thing that escaped my mouth during our conversations were information on my book and a few awkward compliments, which became harder and harder to talk about as she healed. The beauty I remember forming my thoughts about returned with every passing day, and as we got to know each other, I began to fall in love with her.

Once more, I sat at my desk writing about her so I could get back to work. This issue of her lodged in my mind had me wishing I could find the courage to ask her out, and how best to go about doing so.

As if right on schedule, I heard a knock on my door. This was a different kind of knock, however. It was more rapid, more frantic.

I opened the door to her crying. Tears trailed down her cheeks, and she ran into me, wrapping her arms around me and sobbing frantically. I was stunned at first, then I put my arms around her. Her tiny frame all but disappeared into my chest. She squeezed me tighter, and I walked her over to my table, then sat her down and pulled up a chair next to her. When I sat down, she climbed back into my lap and pressed her face to my chest. I could feel wet spots forming on my shirt, and I heard her sobs slowing down.

"Cassidy" I said quietly. "It's going to be okay."

I gently cupped her chin in my hand and brought her eyes up to meet mine. Her cheeks were red and wet, and her eyes were filled with a scared sadness I'd seen before when she talked about all she'd been through. It was a look I wished she never had to have again.

She stifled a sob and leaned on my shoulder.

"They're letting him out. He made bail, and he told me he was going to come after me."

I held her closer to me and whispered "It's going to be okay, Cas."

"It's not! His brother is a cop. He probably pulled some strings with...wait, no. I'm not dragging you into that. They said...they said the best I could do was get a restraining order. He isn't being held anymore, and he knows where my mom lives. I don't know where else to go."

I felt the woman I loved cry in my arms, and I had to do something.

"You can stay here if you don't feel safe. I'll give you a spare key, and if you feel like you're in danger, you can just come in here any time you want. I know it's not much, but if it helps, you're welcome here anytime."

Cassidy sat up and sniffled. Her grip loosened on me.

"You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would. I...I...care about you a lot."

"Okay. I'll grab some things to leave over here. I can sleep on the couch and I'll try to stay out of your way."

"There's no way you'd ever be in the way."

She stood up and grabbed onto my arm. "Will you wait outside my door?"

I followed her out and waited outside her door. I heard a set of country music songs playing through the door as I waited.

After awhile, she emerged from her apartment with a basket full of laundry (skimpy half shirts and short shorts, for lounging around, I guessed) as well as a phone charger and some toiletries. So it probably wasn't going to be exactly the same as her coming over every day, but I couldn't be happier, nonetheless.

A few times within the next few months, I came home to find her asleep on my couch, curled up in a blanket and sleeping serenely. The first morning after she came over was a big surprise because I wasn't aware she walked around in her underwear.

I'd forgotten she was there and strolled out of my room groggily. I had a change of clothes thrown over my shoulder and lazily plotted a course for the bathroom.

The moment I opened the door, I felt paralyzed. She was wearing a pair of cheekys, and had bent over to pick something up. I usually was able to look away, but the sight of her butt left me in shock. Time seemed to stand still as I stood there admiring her legs, leading up to the feminine curve of her butt and her waist.

I remained unmoving as she stood and raised her arms behind her head, stretching in a yawn.

I begged my muscles to move or at least say something, but nothing would comply.

In the process of her yawn, I looked over her tattoos. My favorite was her back tattoo, a strange black and green circle I at first thought was a Sun, but at second glance was made up of a strange sort of scribbling text I didn't know the language for. I'd never been able to get a good look at them before. The muscles in her back relaxed as she turned to me in one quick motion.

"Oh. Good mornin' Avery. I didn't know you were up. Sorry if I woke you."

No words emerged, but I did realize my mouth was open. I shut it, but I couldn't stop looking at her. This queen stood before me for mere seconds, but I felt as if I were in this state for hours.

Her bra was relatively thin, and I could make out the outline of her nipples beneath it. Were they pierced?

She rested her hand on her hip and took a step toward me with that perfect, radiant smile.

"Avery? Are you alright?"

"Y-yeah. I just...yeah-no I'm fine. You're um-wow. I'm just going to shake a tower-ta-take a shower...Excuse me."

I moved past her and shut the door behind me with a relieved sigh.

I took a step toward the shower and suddenly became aware of my raging, and very obvious, erection. My pajamas were almost coming off my waist with the force of it. Did she see it? I felt so embarrassed. At least if she did, I could shrug it off as morning wood, but I don't think it was possible she didn't notice.

I tried to move past it and took a cold shower that morning. Maybe the bitter cold water could wash the thought of her from my anatomy.

It worked that day, but I had to learn to hide myself if she was around.

On another note, the nights she didn't stay over, we would still hang out. The time I spent talking with her made me forget all the pain that would normally keep me up at night.

Sometimes, we'd go out, I won't say on dates, but we'd go eat or to the movies, and I would not be able to stop myself from talking. That was an experience I wasn't familiar with.

She changed me, bringing out everything good in my life...

I fell in love with everything about her, and my head told me it would only end in disaster.

I would sit down to write and convince myself she could never love me. I took out a piece of paper and wrote a note to myself that all my poems about her, and anything I could dream up on these pages would never come to fruition.

For a week, I kept that page on top of the stack as a sad reminder. On the top I wrote, "Stop Dreaming"

I hadn't had a sleepless night like that since the day I saved her.

I got the call early in the morning. I had just gotten up, and Cassidy hadn't stayed the night. I walked around the house with my phone all but glued to my ear in excitement.

A 45 minute phone call might have just changed my life for the better. I finished getting ready to the tune of the country music I could hear playing through the wall. It sounded like Cassidy was up, and I couldn't wait to tell her the great news.

I threw together my suitcase and walked out the door with my tie still in a mess. I knocked on Cassidy's door, and seconds later heard the music shut off. When she answered, she saw me standing in a suit and tie and leaned on the door jokingly.

"Oh, are we going somewhere fancy for breakfast?"

Once again, I averted my eyes from her and answered.

"Very funny. I'm coming by to let you know I'm going to be out of town for a few days."

"Oh, what happened?"

"Well, my publisher company got bought out, and through a legal process gained the rights to...the point is, they are offering me a lot more money to stay on writing for them. I just got the call. I need to be there to renegotiate. My plane leaves in a few hours."

I stopped talking frantically when Cassidy suddenly reached out and hugged me. "That's great news! We should celebrate when you get back!"

We broke the hug, but her hands lingered on my shoulders for just long enough for me to realize a difference in the way she touched me. Could she like me? No...not me.

"Well, Mr. Rockefeller, if you're going to get a raise, you shouldn't leave until your tie is fixed."

I looked into her eyes while she wasn't paying attention. Her slender fingers worked their magic at my neck, fixing my tie while I was transfixed on her gorgeous brown eyes.

When she finished, she looked back up at me and caught me staring.

"I should...probably get going. The traffic is going to be terrible today."

"Bye, Ave!"

"Bye, Cassidy. Oh, and you're still welcome at my place while I'm gone."

Once again, she leaned in without warning and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"For luck." She said.

"I...thank you."

I ran to the elevator and watched as she waved from her door.

While the elevator closed, I knew I was lucky. Because the most amazing girl in the world had given me a kiss.

I'd called my friend to go check up on Cassidy, and he told me nothing seemed to be wrong every day. I didn't want to take chances with that maniac on the loose. I still got mad at the thought of him.

I was worried. Not about my book deal. That went swimmingly. I was going to get at least twice as much as I'd originally thought when I got it published.

But still, I was worried.

I was worried because I'd left my plethora of thoughts about Cassidy sitting out on my desk with the hopeless note sitting on top. I left in such a rush that I forgot all about it, and I wasn't sure if she would go in my room without me there. Would she sleep on my bed if I were gone? If she did, my big secret would be sitting a few feet away from her.

I couldn't stand it. I sat on a plane for hours on end with that sense of dread running through my mind. The object of all my desire was pretty much my roommate, and I'd made a mistake that could ruin that.

12