A Voice of Sorrow Ch. 00

Story Info
Prologue; the story begins.
818 words
2.75
18.8k
1
0

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/21/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pronunciation Key

Aliah - (Ă - Lī - Ăh)

Anathoth - (Ă - Nă - Thŏth)

Fione - (Fē - Ō - Nā)

Gorunova - (Gō - Rū - Nō - Vă)

Harpiinokran - (Hăr - Pē - Nō - Krăn)

Hephasto - (Hĕ - Phăs - Tōe)

Il'krutha - (Eel - Krū - Thă)

Jashubilehem - (Jă - Shū - Bī - Lī - Hĕm)

K'lith'mus - (K - Lēth - Mūs)

Kamali - (Kă - Mă - Lī)

Khalum - (Kă - Lŭm)

Kimeth'kra - (Kē - Māth - Kră)

Kurmethsakra - (Kūr - Māth - Să - Kră)

Malchizidek - (Măl - Chĭ - Zĭ - Dĕk)

Misho - (Mē - Shō)

Phillos - (Phē - Lōs)

Shauol - (Shă - Ool)

Shema - (Shē - Mă)

Prologue

Report Number 334628 from the Beast: Sacred Artifact found. Artifact is in the care of High Priest Savas on the continent of Arcadia. Immediate retrieval of the Artifact is advised. Possible Retrievers as listed: Gorunova of the Snaketongue, Malchizidek of the Iron Men, Hephasto the Scourge, Haymaker the Plague. Chances of success equal among those chosen in natural circumstances.

As the report finished, a man completely dressed in black armor looked up and stood, then walked out the two giant doors into an immense hallway. As he walked down the hallway, his eyes began to glow red, sending servants scurrying out of his way to hide in the shadows of the dimly lit hall. The man repressed a smile and continued walking, finally arriving at his destination, a set of massive doors inlaid with onyx and obsidian. A large bell rang from behind the doors as they were pulled open by two well-muscled men. As the man walked towards the end of the room, where a figure of immense stature stood, two heavily armored soldiers fell into step behind him, holding two massive spears by their sides. The two soldiers halted as they reached the edge of a circle on the floor, while the man continued to the center where he knelt on one knee and bowed his head.

"You may stand Khalum," said a deep voice, "What is it you needed?"

Khalum shivered as the voice sent a cold feeling of intense fear and evil down his spine, and rubbed his eyes as they turned an even deeper red.

"Uh...My Lord, The Beast has just found the Sacred Artifact of Eternia. It has recommended immediate retrieval and has suggested Gorunova, Malchizidek, Hephasto, or Haymaker for retrieval."

"Ah...good. Hephasto was just promoted wasn't he? We shall allow him a chance at this," boomed the voice once more, "I don't want anything to go wrong, do you understand me Khalum?"

Khalum shivered once more and nodded.

"Yes, my Lord."

He whistled a high note and then wrote several symbols in the air. As he moved his hand through the symbols a small fire started on the floor in front of him and an Unholy Spectre burst from the flame.

"Hephasto. The Dark Lord has a job for you. You are to go to the Parallel world of Kapernia and find the High Priest of Eternia, Savas. Hunt him down and take the Sacred Artifact he has. Kill him if necessary. By any means required, youmust bring back that Artifact."

Hephasto bowed and hissed from behind his armor, "I will bring back the item for you my Lords. I shallnot fail."

As he finished saying this, he once more burst into flame and dissolved into nothingness.

Khalum looked up to the figure standing above him as he asked, "Are you sure this is a wise decision my Lord? While the Ghoul Lords can be dependable, the lower creations may not be. I do not trust Unholy Spectres in particular because I have known them to bumble along and run when their lives are in danger."

The figure in front of him turned to look straight at him and spoke in a voice that grew deeper and more threatening.

"I place trust in all of my servants Khalum. Unlike you, I am not human. My trust is often paid back to me tenfold and I have great expectations for this particular Spectre."

"Yes, my Lord. I'm sorry for doubting you," said Khalum as he shivered and shrank to the floor, feeling a warm liquid beginning to run down his forehead.

"Excuse me my Lord, but may I be excused? I believe I have some matters that I need to attend to."

"Of course Khalum. Please take care of your business. I'll be waiting for Hephasto to return with the Artifact."

The Dark Lord turned back to face the wall as Khalum stood and turned, fleeing to the door. Once outside, he slowly moved his shaking right hand to his forehead and wiped the liquid from it, and bringing it down to his eyes, saw that it was blood.