A Voyage into Night Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

From the house there came the mechanical sounds of shutters coming down, sealing in those occupants, both undead and still living, from the rising sun. In the ballroom,the floor was awash with the bodies of the drained. To their number had finally been added that of Katy. The jester had finally removed his mask to reveal a cadaverous, bone white face. Katie, exhausted but enraptured, had accepted his embrace gladly while, around them, a ring of onlookers had looked on. They had danced for almost the entire night. They had broke once, for Katy to accepted a goblet filled with dark red liquid. She had downed the warm drink in one great draught, sealing her fate. And later, as she felt the jester's teeth pierce her throat, she had finally got the joke, and she knew that tonight's dance would never end. She cried out in anguish as the watching audiences broke out in enthusiastic applause, welcoming a new sister to their ranks.

Outside, the eastern sky was beginning to turn to fire. Isobel was still conscious, although she knew it would not be for long. She was not frightened, she knew this was merely the beginning. The last sensation of Isobel's mortal life was of the ground falling away behind her, and, as her heartbeat faded into silence another sound took its place: the sound of great wings carrying her away from the coming dawn, and into the night.

The end.

(Writer's note: Well there it is. My first attempt at writing something a little more lengthy than my usual short efforts. I hope you liked it. Thank you for all of the feedback and votes I have received this far. All votes, comments, praise, criticisms and constructive abuse gladly accepted. Let's see if I can make the next one even better. CC.)