A Wager for a Stranger

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Municipal Library was a large building, with several floors of books, audio and video, and private alcoves where readers could take refuge. It was just three blocks from campus, and Dillan had been looking forward all through the lecture to going there when it was done. He had started a list of subjects he needed to research, while thinking up how to find Julie Blake at the same time. He had ignored the folded bits of paper that kept appearing on his notebook.

At the end of class, Erica, a sexy brunette he'd romped with on occasion, sidled up to him, sliding a hand up over his arm. "How are you doing, Dillan? Joel says you're desperate. Need some time down and out, hun?"

He felt his blood-pressure rise in his neck, and stiffened. "No thanks, Erica. Joel doesn't know what he's talking about."

Joel at the moment clapped him on the shoulder. "So you get lucky last night, my man? She was nicely shaped, if not a little older, eh? So was she a cougar? You have that satisfied glow about you. Come on, man! Don't leave me hanging. Is our score still even, or are you one screw up on me?"

Erica laughed. "What kind of deal do you guys have going now? Look, if you needed points, you could always call me instead of chasing down strange, older women."

"But that's part of the hungry-dick wager," Joel said proudly. "To convince as many older women as possible into a satisfying fuck with a buck. Young women don't count; they're too willing. And a hungry buck is best satisfied by the sweet acceptance of a horny, older woman. Isn't that so, Dillan?"

His mind was back to the erotic images in his mind, with the smell of her passion still sweet in his nostrils and on his tongue.

Joel laughed heartily. "See the dazed look in his eyes? Bet he's re-living the night right now! Nothing like the flavour of a mature woman, is there?"

Erica made an annoyed expression and stormed off with a jerk of her long brown mane.

"Man, I can't believe you were right. I didn't expect it at all," Dillan finally said.

"So you got the point? Any bonus marks?"

"What?"

"Yeah, remember? Extra points for each fuck over the night, five extra for anal, each time.

Dillan counted in his mind. "Well then I did pretty good. What, four rounds a piece."

"Fuck! I hope I have the same luck as you on my attempt."

"When you doing yours?"

"Tomorrow, downtown."

"Good luck then, especially since you've obviously waited so long. I'm going to try mine again today, in the Romance section of the library."

Joel laughed. He waved, heading off in another direction. Dillan headed to the exit, and into the sunny day. After leaving Julie's apartment, he had gone to his own room in a house he shared with four other students. He had changed into an open-necked white shirt and loose khaki shorts.

He headed down the busy street to the library. It was just past 12:30. The library was cool and dark compared to outside. He approached the information desk, but didn't see her. A middle-aged woman approached, attractive, with dyed blonde hair.

"Is Julie in today? Julie Blake?" he smiled.

"Yes, normally she's on the third floor, in classical literature."

He thanked her and headed to the stairs. The stairwell was warm as he climbed. He heard giggling ahead, and on the next landing he saw two teen-age girls who blushed when they saw him. One said Hello, and he did, too, but carried on to the third floor. "Don't forget we're here, if you're looking for a good time," one girl called after him, and he chuckled.

"Sorry, you're too young for me," he said, and continued on up the stairs, then emerged on the third floor, where he decided to stroll around.

He went to a terminal and typed in the subjects he wanted to research, so he'd have excuses to wander the aisles. He jotted down call-numbers and headed down the first aisle. As he walked through the aisles he could see through the book shelves to the next aisle, and he used this to look for her. He didn't see her. Eventually, he approached the information desk. She was sitting right there, straight-backed, angled away from him, as she studied the computer screen.

"Excuse me, I wonder if you might help me find something," he started, then looked down at his note sheet, "I'm cross-referencing psychology and erotic literature, and wonder if you might make some suggestions?"

He saw from his peripheral vision that she had looked up at him, but he'd kept his head tilted down, while still certain she'd seen it was him.

"Sure, let's start down here, with D.H. Lawrence." She came out from behind the counter and walked past him to an aisle, and he followed her. The tight pink skirt she wore hugged her shapely ass, and he swallowed as he watched it sway from side to side as she walked.

"How... deep into classical literature do you want to go?" she asked, and he smiled at her innuendo. "I mean, what range are you examining? How early, how late?"

"I was thinking up to the '70's, like L. Cohen. But 1800's that's early enough. Does that seem too broad?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Depends on the subject, I suppose, and how detailed you want to be."

He followed her to the next aisle, then to another, which became more and more secluded.

"Here we go," she said, turning to a shelf and sliding her finger along, and extracted a book. "Madame Bovary by G Flaubert. Did you think you'd fool me?"

"No, I was hoping I wouldn't. But I am researching a paper. Lucky to find you, eh?" he smiled, feeling foolish.

"Yeah... what were the odds..."

He smiled. "Well, since I've run into you, I should tell you, I -- I had a terrific time with you... I mean, I thought I'd dreamt it when I woke up..."

She stared at him dully, without saying a work, while he felt his smile dissipate.

"Maybe you did."

"Obviously I didn't."

"Maybe I made a mistake."

He felt like she'd hit him in the solar plexus. "I don't think you did."

"Well, listen. It was foolish, giving in to you. I can't believe I did it. I don't even know your name."

She paused. He said quietly, "It's Dillan, Julie."

Her face reddened and she turned on her heel and marched off to the end of the aisle. He chased after her.

"Wait, Julie! Please!"

She slowed her step.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know it was... out of the ordinary... but, I would like to see you again. Will you?"

"I'm not sure yet. You must leave."

He tried to assure himself the devastation would pass, this after a night of heavy drinking and wallowing in his sorrows, with a young woman vying for his attention, which he denied her. There was only one woman completely filling his mind and he couldn't think of anyone else.

Joel took great joy from his friend's demise. "Don't worry about it. There's more waiting for you. Why don't you try selling yourself? There's all kinds of wealthy dames looking for boy-toys."

"Right. Fuck off. If it weren't for your brilliant wager, I wouldn't be feeling like this."

"It's Fate, my friend. It doesn't make sense to try to fight it."

The last thing Dillan wanted to admit was that Joel was right, again. Then he corrected himself: the last thing he wanted to admit was that Julie didn't want anything to do with him. Next to that, he really didn't care if Joel was right or wrong. It didn't matter, and nor did the money they'd wagered.

I deliberately didn't return to the boardwalk for several days. I didn't want to chance that he'd be there, that he was trying to pick up other women. I watched my street from my balcony, until I was certain he wouldn't happen by. Instead, I saw only the voyeur-neighbour, stealthily retreating from his window when I glanced his way.

It didn't matter, I tried telling myself; it'll drift away and become forgotten, like a wave on the beach. I wanted desperately to forget him, but my cunt suddenly gave an angry kick in protest. But I had told him I had made a mistake. He would have moved on by now, and eventually that shocked, disappointed look of his face when I told him those cold words would evaporate from my memory. Eventually.

Then I decided to return to the boardwalk, to watch the waves on the beach.

The evening was cool, clouds blew in from the south across the lake. It was an excuse to dress warmly. I didn't want to chance attracting another man of any age, as I seemed to be attracting more of them lately.

Even as I pulled on long pants, I recalled clearly Dillan's body sleeping naked in my bed, his young flawless body all mine to enjoy for the night. I had foolishly allowed myself to let him in, get under my skin. I had to purge him, even as my body ached for his touch, to feel his hot strength, his youthful energy. I wanted him more than ever, yet I had told him to go, and I didn't know how to find him.

If you love someone, let them go...

It rhymed off in my head as I walked to the boardwalk. The wind was cold and strong. Beyond the clouds, the sun was setting, and the waves crashed onto the beach with tumultuous intensity, throwing themselves with cascading spray across the sand, rolling up onto the beach over each other, then retreating as one back to the lake, the surging beast.

Sounds of a jazz band reached me across a park, and with the wind's encouragement I headed off, away from the boardwalk. Beyond the park, on the busy street, the lights of a bar beckoned, and I headed to it.

Joel was trying to even his score with Dillan, who still moped, and worse, wanted to call off the wager.

"Let's check out the jazz ensemble. Sure place to find hungry older ladies." He instructed Dillan about what to wear, eventually convincing him that a black shirt and dress pants were better than blue jeans and a t-shirt.

"And don't tell me you don't care. You'll be thanking me later."

Dillan didn't even bother cursing him; he was in it till tomorrow, and Joel had gained twelve points this week. Tomorrow was the deadline. And if Joel got lucky again tonight, he might be the winner, and then Dillan would be stuck paying the $1000. If he lost he might have to consider Joel's suggestion of prostitution for wealthy older women just to make it through the next two years of his degree.

He was disappointed to see the same neighbourhood where Julie's flat was. But at her memory, his cock began to engorge.

"I'll get the first round," Joel said, and Dillan looked around, willing his cock to relax. The place was already filling up. The band was between songs, and preparing to start up again. Joel presented him with a drink and turned to peruse the crowd. He casually pointed out potential prospects for the evening, and planned the most advantageous places to make the most of the prospects. Dillan just stood alongside him, watching the band. Presently, Joel went back to the bar, and when he returned he reported on a beautiful lonely woman at the bar, definitely a prospect for one or both of them.

"I'm thinking she's got a wild under-current, and might be into a threesome with a pair of roguishly handsome young bucks," Joel laughed. Dillan reluctantly followed, unsure he was much into a threesome with anyone much less Joel and a strange woman.

Joel slowed his pace and leaned close to Dillan's ear to whisper: "Let me approach her first. You go stand over there, and I'll give you a signal when to come over."

Dillan nodded, and went to stand where Joel had instructed. He glanced quickly at the woman and frowned. She was seated on a stool, with her back to him at the moment. She was plainly dressed, in beige top and bottoms, her dark hair was held back loosely with a clip. Joel had engaged her, was ordering her a drink; they conversed for several long minutes, while Dillan began wondering if he should look for a table. Finally, he saw Joel's signal. He approached slowly.

The music was swinging and lively, with daring trumpet lines that made my shoulders want to shimmy seductively. It wasn't lost on the young man who gallantly offered to buy me a drink; my magnetism was persisting. I decided it was still fun, and I would somehow, eventually, forget about the night with the stranger named Dillan.

Joel, this other young man, was smooth-talking and terribly handsome, perhaps more so than Dillan, but contrasting him with his golden hair and green eyes. He was in all honesty perfect to look upon. My cunt betrayed me by beginning to pulsate against the tight crotch of my pants. I had chosen then for their lack of sexiness but perhaps that had no affect over fate. If Joel hadn't approached me soon after I had come in, two other men had signaled their interest in me. Joel was by far the youngest of these men, and the most handsome. Until Dillan, the men I'd had sex with had been my age or slightly older. But Dillan had out-shone them all, and I still couldn't get him from my mind. The idea of trying out another young man certainly appealed to my lower senses. I smiled at him, before looking away.

He was making an endless stream of chatter, about the band, his studies at university, his love of beautiful women, then asked my thoughts on younger men, and if I thought one had a chance with an older woman; I said, probably. I saw him look over my shoulder.

"What kind of chance would two have?"

My eyes bulged. "Two?" I took a drink.

He smiled, and motioned beside me, as another young fellow approached the bar and stopped next to me. I turned his way. No doubt, the shock was plain on my face.

"Dillan," I said, re-gaining my composure. He looked better than I remembered, and more dashing than Joel tonight.

"Julie. How are you?" he asked, clearly shocked as well.

"What? You know each other?" Joel asked with a laugh.

"Yes, well..." Dillan started, his cheeks reddening.

"Yes, we met last week," I answered, replacing my glass.

"Last week? Dillan, this isn't the woman you've been so love-sick over, is it?"

Love-sick? I looked up at Dillan.

Before he could answer, Joel was laughing again.

"You have no idea, do you?" he asked me.

"Idea about what?"

"What you've put this lad through!" he said. "Here we're supposed to be rescuing beautiful, lonely women with our, um, energetic youthfulness, and you end up occupying his thoughts so he won't consider anyone else, not even young beautiful girls!"

"I had no idea that you were on a mission." I cast a wary glance at Dillan.

"You must have had your suspicions, though," Joel said, sending my heart to fall inside my chest. I felt the anger about being foolish begin to grow in me again.

"I had my suspicions, yes," I admitted. "Is that why you tracked me down at the library?"

"You're a librarian?" Joel practically cried, clearly finding this amusing. "But what about my original question, then," he went on, looking at Dillan expectantly. "You enjoyed one young buck, what would you say to two?"

"No, Joel, don't --" Dillan started.

I put my hand over his arm. "It's okay, Dillan. He can ask."

"And you can answer?"

"Let me think about it," I said, and took another drink.

Joel gallantly ordered me another drink when mine neared empty. Dillan stood by awkwardly. He was quiet until Joel excused himself to the men's room.

"So I blew your mission," I finally said. He reddened and my cunt gave a pulse.

"No, I did."

"How so?"

"You heard Joel. I... got in over my head."

I turned the ice in my drink. "Wasn't it the other way around?"

"Huh?"

"Your head... got in... deep."

He coughed. "Yes, I suppose it did."

"I've never had it... so deep."

His eyes widened. "So you did like it?"

"I couldn't deny that," I said low, and he heard me, despite the whooping crowd as the band finished their set.

"But, what was really the point of your mission?"

He took a deep breath. "That was Joel's idea..."

"Which was --"

"Um, well, it kind of goes with the adage of young men being more suited—sexually—for older women, based on the sexual peaks..."

"I see..."

"And, when a young -- man -- can't find anything -- satisfying, well, he starts to consider other -- options..."

"So, how did you come to be on the boardwalk that night?"

"That was Joel's idea, too..."

"Talking about me?" Joel interjected, having returned. "Hope it's all good?"

"I was just asking Dillan about your 'mission.'"

"Oh, yes? And he's still winning. I'd just like to even the score," he said. Beside me, Dillan shifted uncomfortably.

"What's the score, then?" I asked, smiling.

"Let's see... at last count, what, 24 to 16? Isn't that right, Dillan? After you, he took the lead."

"Oh, I see." I caught Dillan throwing Joel a menacing look. "So, what's the point of keeping a score?"

"We made a deal. A wager," Joel said, still smiling amicably.

"Well, what's the wager?"

The two exchanged glances.

"Just a deal between friends," Joel finally answered.

"Mmm... and how will your points add up if I accept you both?"

Joel chuckled. "That depends. But it would probably still leave Dillan in the lead." Each of us was silent for a moment. "It almost sounds as if you're considering it."

"Almost. But an old gal like me tires quickly. And the band's on a break. I think I might head home now. School night, you know. Thanks for the drinks, Joel."

They exchanged puzzled, yet disappointed looks. I stood up from the stool, took my jacket from the back, and said good-night to them both before I took the chance of deepening this confusion. My cunt spasmed as I headed to the door, and I jumped involuntarily. It wasn't happy.

Dillan hadn't waited long after Julie's departure.

"Secrecy was part of the pact. You told her there's a wager. Consider it moot."

"What do you mean? I was going to whip your butt," his friend managed the slightest implication of guilt but Dillan wasn't as worried as before, and Joel knew he was right, and was graciously succumbing to defeat.

"Uh huh," Dillan muttered, swallowed back his drink in one shot, then put the glass down firmly.

"You forced me into approaching her in the first place, and if I ever marry her, I'll ask you to be my best-man. But for now, I'm going to get her. See you." He left his friend gaping after him.

She was already ahead by two full blocks and Dillan picked up his pace. She crossed the street and he followed, just beyond her vision. Traffic was sparse. He slowed to a walk as he approached her. She stopped before he had made his presence known, and turning, stepped backwards. She turned her eyes on him, glaring at first, then softening to a near-smile and look of relief, which transformed into annoyance.

"It's you."

"Hi. I thought I'd walk you home. Keep any potential trouble at bay."

"Hmph." She let her gaze, under a frown, drop to his feet and move up him again to his dark eyes. "What do you want?"

He straightened his back, his chest expanding. "You."

"And how much is that worth to you? Because I doubt young fancy bucks like you and your friend make wagers for nothing."

"No, you're right, it was for a sum of money, but it's off now."

"How convenient."

"No really. When he told you, he blew it. Anyway, that still sounds -- insensitive. The whole thing was, and I was trying to get out of it, but he wouldn't let me." He looked down at his hands. "I know, that's not very redeeming. But it's the truth. You know what happened after that."

He searched her eyes boldly. "And, I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, it was supposed to be emotion-free. But, what you did to me was... deeper than emotion-free. I've never felt like this before. Before you. So, I guess I have to be thankful that everything turned out as it did, or I wouldn't have met you." He impressed himself, was astounded by the quiver that pinched his chin, the burn in his eyes as they teared up. He blinked quickly. She came towards him, looping her arm through his.

"I'll let you walk me home."