A White Tiger and The Wolf Ch. 08

Story Info
Concerns and Cures.
9.7k words
4.6
29.8k
17

Part 8 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 08/09/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 8:Concerns and Cures

At the compound things were getting very bad. The cold sheet treatment wasn't working any longer. Bradley was trying to calm Kay down, but this was almost impossible to do because she was in so much pain. Because it seemed to work better than any other method, she was now constantly standing under a cold shower. Her skin was so hot that the cold water from the shower hissed and steam billowed as it hit her skin.

John, Henry and Paul were discussing ways to help Kay when John said, "I wonder what's taking Connie so long getting Isobel? I hope that she's okay."

Suddenly, Henry said with a sigh, "I think we need the twins."

"The twins are you mad," shouted Paul. "You know, they are constantly fighting each another! Just last week, Jessica blew up Charlotte's shed because of a stupid row over the herbs she wanted to buy from China! They're not stable!"

"I know," said Henry, squeezing the bridge of his nose, "It was John and I who had to sort them out before they caused more damage. But, .....the twins are the best there is when it comes to protecting a place. We're going to need Kay in a protected environment to keep her from the likes of Lazlo and his buddies, especially while we teach her to use her powers."

"You know, Henry, Connie and I already had an argument over this. I wanted to get the twins and Connie wanted to get Isobel. Because I know how stressful it is to deal with the twins, I agreed with Connie, but we may need them all to stop the burning and protect Kay,"

Paul said with a sigh. "I really don't care who you get to help Kay at this point, as long as you get someone here before it's too late."

"I agree we need to get Kay some help before it's too late," said Henry. "That's why I feel we should call the twins. Isobel can use her herbs and magic to stop Kay's burning and the twins can use their herbs and magic to protect Kay."

They agreed to get the twins involved in protecting Kay, so John went to Bradley's office to use the phone to contact them. He decided to call Jessica and let her call Charlotte.

The phone rang for a while before Jessica answered and shouted, "WHAT DO YOU WANT!"

"Hi Jessica. No need to shout," said John.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was my sister complaining again. What can I do for you John?" she said in a much calmer voice.

"Do remember that my daughter's 21st birthday is tomorrow?" said John.

"Yes, I do," answered Jessica.

"Well, we think that Lazlo is trying to force her powers to manifest before she is ready for them," John replied.

"Why? What's happening to her?" questioned Jessica.

John said, "Jessica, Kay is burning up and I mean that literally. Her skin is so hot that you can't touch her without getting burned. We are very concern for safety."

"Ok, so what do want us to do?" she asked.

"We want you and Charlotte to put some wards on Bradley's place, so no one can get in without us knowing, with or without magic."

"Who's Bradley?" Jessica inquired.

"Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that part. Kay has found her mate. He is the Alpha of the Black Wolf pack. Kay is living with him in Surrey."

"Oh, I see," said Jessica, "well, hasn't Bradley got his compound secured?"

"Yes, against most threats, but you and I know that Lazlo is not most threats. He'll stop at nothing to get access to Kay's powers. He has already had Paul tortured a few days ago trying to find out where she was."

John knew that she understood what he meant. Jessica was around when he lost Connie as she tried to protect her pride from Lazlo. Well.... at least I thought, that I lost Connie. It's really hard to believe that Connie's alive and that I have my family back together again. I'll do anything to keep them safe this time, even if it means giving up my life or putting up with the twins. I think giving up my life would be easier to deal with, John thought with a weary sigh.

"Ok, I'll help and I'll phone Charlotte to get her to help. We'll come to Surrey by portal, since it is quickest way, and should arrive within an hour. That will allow us the time we'll need to gather a few things to bring with us. Ok?" replied Jessica.

"Ok, and thank you, Jessica," John replied.

"Bye for now John and please try not to worry too much. We'll be there shortly," Jessica stated.

"Bye Jessica and thanks," John said and hung up.

---------------------

Jessica and Charlotte

---------------------

Jessica and Charlotte were as different as chalk and cheese. Jessica had dark brown hair, brown eyes and wore jeans and T- shirts all the time. She was a shaman as well as being a Water and Air Elemental.

Charlotte was blonde with blue eyes, but she only wore dresses, nearly always pink. Charlotte was a level ten witch making her very powerful.

The way that Charlotte dressed made Jessica sick, sometimes. Jessica just did not understand why Charlotte was so girly. By the same token, Charlotte did not understand Jessica's need for a more masculine attire.

Both sisters were 5' 8" tall, very thin and had size 38DD boobs. They knew their beauty knocked the socks off everyone who saw them, but that knowledge did not didn't go to their heads like it did humans.

Jessica phoned her sister after she finished talking to John. As the phone rang, she thought, I hope Charlotte is talking to me after what I did to her shed last week. I need to practice controlling my powers and my emotions.

Charlotte let the phone ring for a while. She knew it was her sister, but she wanted to make her wait. She thought, Serves her right for ruining my shed. The constant ringing of the phone was driving her mad, so finally she picked it up and shouted, "THIS HAD BETTER BE GOOD!"

"Stop right there," said Jessica. She could tell by Charlotte's tone of voice that she was still upset. "I wouldn't be phoning you if it wasn't urgent. I still haven't forgiven you for the things you said to me," she pouted.

"You haven't forgiven me! You blew up my shed! What was I supposed to do stand there and say nothing! I don't think so!" Charlotte exclaimed.

"Look, forget all that for now. I've just had John on the phone," Jessica stated.

"John as in, John from the magical council?" Charlotte replied in a much calmer voice.

"Yes," said Jessica. "His daughter's birthday is tomorrow. She will then come into her full powers. He thinks someone is trying to force her powers to manifest early. Her skin is constantly burning and he's getting really worried. He thinks that it's Lazlo."

"What's that got to do with you and I, that's more Isobel's field?" questioned Charlotte.

"I know and more than likely they'll fetch her too, but he wants us to protect the mansion and grounds in Surrey where Kay lives," Jessica answered.

"Ok, I'll get my stuff and meet you at your place in 10 minutes," Charlotte said after thinking for a few seconds then hung up the phone.

Jessica gathered her runes, stones and a few other things she would need to do her part in protecting Kay. She packed a bag with a few pairs of jeans, some extra T-shirts, her leather cowboy boots that she loved, and her lucky cowboy hat. She loved wearing her lucky cowboy hat, which was given to her by a dear friend in America.

As Jessica entered her living room, Charlotte appeared wearing a bright pink, knee-length dress with white sandals and ankle socks. Charlotte's clothes reminded Jessica of Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. "Why on earth are you wearing that?" Jessica questioned.

"Oh shut up, I like it and that's all that matters," said Charlotte. "Do you even know where Kay is?" Charlotte asked sarcastically because Jessica's comment about her clothes hurt her feelings.

"Yes. She's at Black Wolf Mansion in Surrey," answered Jessica.

"Oh goody," said Charlotte, "let's get going. There are some fine men in that pack."

"Don't you ever stop thinking about sex?" said Jessica.

"Only when I have too," laughed Charlotte.

"Ohhhh, let's get going and see what we can do to help," said Jessica eagerly. "If you can you keep your mind off men's trousers for a while."

"I suppose I can, but it will be hard not to be distracted. Besides it's not the trouser that I am interested in as much as what is in the trouser," stated Charlotte with a grin.

"Look," said Jessica after a deep breath, "let's place the wards up around the place first, and then you can have some fun. Ok?"

"Ok!" exclaimed Charlotte bouncing up and down.

Jessica made a portal that was big enough for both of them and the many things they needed to take with them, and they were off.

---------------

At the Compound

---------------

When Connie returned with Isobel, it looked like all hell had been let loose. The mansion was full of pack members worried about the screaming coming from the medical centre.

Inside the medical centre was chaos. Kay was standing in a cold shower with steam pouring off as the water hit her skin. John, Bradley, Henry and Paul were all there with her, but nothing that they did seemed to help.

Kay was panicking again because she was in excruciating pain. The burning made her skin bright red, and in some places, blisters were forming. She screamed constantly, and she just knew that she was going to die because the pain was so bad.

John was convinced that someone was trying to awaken Kay's powers before her birthday, so they could find her by her magical aura. They had to keep her powers from being released until tomorrow. Once Kay had full access to her powers, they would continue protecting her until she was trained to use the powers she would inherit from both Connie and he.

John thought, Kay is one of the most powerful beings this world has ever seen and she has no idea. The Oracle that visited me before I left Kay with Norman and Helen said "She will be more powerful than Merlin and she will do great things for the human and non-human races".

After the Oracle left, I realized that I had to bind Kay's powers and hide her. I knew that Lazlo tried before to get one of the white tigers in Connie's pride because he wanted to use their power for evil. If he had any idea how powerful Kay was, he would stop at nothing to control her. If Lazlo had control of Kay, he could easily hold the world for ransom. But, once Kay learns to use her powers, Lazlo better not cross her path. If he does, he's a dead man.

Mason and Nathan tried all sorts of things to lower Kay's body temperature, but nothing worked. They tried ice packs, but as soon as you put them on her skin the ice melted and the ice pack exploded.

Jane suggested putting Kay in a bath of ice blocks, but Kay had been in the bath for only ten minutes when the water started boiling. Standing in a cold shower seemed to work best for her, although she was still in pain and constantly screaming.

When Connie and Isobel entered the medical centre, Isobel took one look at Kay and said "Get this place warded up fast. Someone is definitely trying to force her powers to manifest early."

John pleaded, "Can you help her?"

"Yes, I have everything with me I will need to stop the pain," Isobel assured him.

"I would prefer you all leave me to it, please. Connie, would you mind helping me for a while?"

"Of course," Connie said.

As she started arranging the things Isobel needed to help Kay, Connie noticed that no one was leaving the room.

She thought, Oh boy, they're going to be difficult. Connie addressed everyone in the room except Isobel, "I know that you are all worried about Kay, but you need to leave so that Isobel can have the space to move around and help Kay.

The quicker you leave, the faster Kay will get some relief." Once everyone heard this, they walked out of the medical centre, but they were not happy about leaving Kay because they were all very concerned about her.

As they were walking to the mansion, Bradley approached Paul who seemed very quiet. "What were you, Connie and John arguing about earlier?" Bradley asked.

Paul sighed and said, "I guess you have the right to know as Kay's mate. Kay is a Princess. She'll not only receive full access to her powers on her 21st birthday, but she will inherit a large trust fund from Connie's father.

Kay is a very rich woman, indeed." Paul paused to allow what he said to register. "I wanted to tell her everything, but Connie and John don't think that she is ready, yet. They think that she needs to learn how to use her powers first. Please don't say anything to Kay until we decide what to do."

The tension in the pack was approaching the boiling point, and Bradley was worried the members in the pack would start fighting to let off steam.

He thought, I think I'll call a pack meeting to explain things to them. It's the least that I could do. I should have already let them know that I've found my mate. They should also be told about the danger to my mate and possibly the pack.

When Bradley arrived at the mansion, he went to his office with Jason following him closely.

Bradley said, "Jason call a full pack meeting."

Jason asked, "What's happening?"

Bradley said, "Isobel is with Kay now trying to stop this burning. She said that there is definitely someone trying to force Kay's powers to manifest early."

"Oh, my God. It's one thing to suspect someone is messing with her and another to have it confirmed," exclaimed Jason. "What are you going to do?"

Bradley replied, "I'm going to call a pack meeting and explain things to them. I'll tell them that Kay is my mate. I know that they are wondering what's going on. They can hear Kay screaming, and they see all of these new faces. They need to be aware of everything, so they can know how to proceed and how to protect themselves.

"John mentioned getting the twins to help protect the compound. They are supposed to be the best at protecting a place; therefore, I gather they are witches.

The twins should arrive soon by portal, but we need to let the pack know what's happening as I can feel their tension," said Bradley.

"Yes, I've been feeling the tension for a few hours now," replied Jason.

----------------------

At the medical centre

----------------------

Isobel and Connie removed Kay from the shower, striped her and dried her off. Drying Kay was quick because her skin was so hot it dried almost as soon as the shower stopped.

Kay was crying hysterically because without the cold water the pain was unbearable.

Isobel and Connie put on surgical gloves. Isobel squeezed a handful of strange blue paste into her hand and rubbed it on Kay's skin. Seeing what Isobel was doing, Connie applied the blue paste on Kay, also.

As soon as the paste was rubbed on Kay's skin, it started to hiss and began cooling her skin bit by bit. The more paste that was applied, the cooler Kay's skin became. As Kay's skin cooled, the blisters faded, and Kay calmed down and stopped screaming. The medical centre was finally quiet.

Isobel and Connie rubbed the paste all over Kay, making sure that every inch of her skin was covered. Then, Isobel mixed a few of the herbs she had brought with her to make a tea. It looked foul but smelt a bit like mint.

Handing Kay the tea, Isobel said, "I need you to drink this. You can do it a little at a time or all at once, but you have finished the whole cup."

Kay looked at the tea and thought I have to drink this? It looks awful, but the paste that she rubbed on me has almost stopped the burning, so I think I'll trust her and drink this. Kay looked at the older woman and said softly as she began to drink the tea, "What's your name?"

Isobel smiled and said, "I'm Isobel and I am the healer for your mother's pride."

By the time she finished drinking the tea, Kay was getting sleepy.

All the screaming and crying she had done had exhausted her. Kay handed the cup to Isobel and asked, "May I lie down? I'm getting sleepy."

Connie searched for a place for Kay to lie down. She located a room down the hall to the left. The room appeared to be a suite, and the bed was a queen sized bed. By the time Connie returned, Kay was asleep standing up with her head on Isobel's shoulder. Isobel and Connie got Kay settled in the suite and let Kay get some much needed rest.

"What's in that tea?" asked Connie.

"It's a rare recipe of my mother's which I haven't used for ages," said Isobel. "It will help her body relax. The paste we rubbed on her is designed to keep the skin cool."

In the mansion, Bradley noticed that everything was quiet. It took him a minute to realize why this disturbed him.

He thought Kay has stopped screaming. I wonder if that's a good sign. For the first time in a long time, he was actually afraid.

Nathan, will you go check on Kay? He projected.

Yes, my Alpha, Nathan replied and went to the examination room where they left Kay "Bradley sent me to check on Kay.

He was concerned because the screaming stopped. How's she doing?" Nathan asked.

"We rubbed her down in a paste to cool her skin and gave her some tea to help her relax and rest. She is now asleep," said Isobel.

"Thank you, so much Isobel. I know that you hate travelling by portal, but this was an emergency," said Connie.

"Oh don't thank me, yet. We have to get those wards up fast to stop the pull she's feeling or it will start all over again," said Isobel.

-------------------

Back at the Mansion

-------------------

Jason rang the meeting bell in Bradley's office 3 times to let everyone know there was a meeting in the main community hall in 30 minutes. Each time he rang the bell meant ten minutes.

Jessica and Charlotte arrived and were shown to Bradley's office.

"Hi, we're the twins, Jessica and Charlotte," Charlotte said.

"Where is John?" asked Jessica.

"Hi, I'm Jason. He's coming. We're about to have a meeting to explain what is happening to the pack,"

Jason explained just before John arrived, followed by Henry, Isobel and Connie.

"Nice to meet you, Jason. We need a room where we can do her casting," said Jessica.

"Casting?" Jason said looking puzzled.

"Yes," said Jessica. "John asked us to come and help make this place safe, so we need a room to cast our protection spells, a casting room," Jessica said with a grin.

"Hang on, let me find out where Bradley is," he said. Jason thought, Alpha, where are you?

Bradley replied, In the kitchen talking to Nigel, Linda and Charlie.

Jason hurried to the kitchen. When he was almost there, he heard Nigel ask, "So what are you going to tell the pack?

"The truth," replied Bradley. "Oh God, things have gotten so complicated in the last week."

"I think the pack feels the tension," said Charlie.

"That's why I called a meeting," said Bradley.

"You're going to have to tell them you've found your mate and about the extra guards that are now here," said Nigel.

"There are more guards on the way," said Jason as he stepped into the kitchen. As he was passing the plate of chocolate fudge cake, he snagged a piece since everyone seemed to be sitting at the table eating. "Hey, this cake is really good," he said.

"Kay made it before the pain got so bad," said Charlie. "It's an award winning recipe. She first made it when she was ten years old."

"Wow, this is delicious," Jason exclaimed. "Alpha, the twins, Jessica and Charlotte, have arrived and need a room in which to do their spell casting," he said turning to Bradley.

"Where are they?" asked Bradley.

"In your office," answered Jason.

"Who else is in there with them?" questioned Bradley.

"Well, Henry, John, Connie, Isobel and Sarah are there with them," said Jason.

Bradley and Jason left the kitchen. "See you at the meeting," Bradley said to the others.

When they entered the office, Charlotte said, "You must be the Alpha of the Black Wolf pack. I am Charlotte and this is my sister Jessica. We'll need a room to use for casting our spells."