A White Tiger and The Wolf Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh honey, it'll be alright. Your parents will show you how to use them correctly. Your dad has asked me for a place to use to teach you to use your powers. I arranged for you guys to have the training room for the next two mornings. It has padded floors, so you will be ok," Brad said.

Sarah slipped out the room to start moving the presents that had arrived most of yesterday and today into the library for the surprise party for Kay later. It amazed her that Kay had only been at the compound a week and already most of the pack accepted her. There were just a small group led by Eric Shuttleworth that still had a problem with her. Eric was mostly all talk and no action as the saying goes, so Sarah did not think his group was anything to worry about.

While Sarah was in the library, Nigel and Linda brought in their present to add to the growing pile for Kay. "Sarah, there are a few of Kay's colleagues coming over from our hotel about 4 pm for the party, and they want to know if they can stay a few nights?" asked Linda.

"Oh lord, I will have to do some juggling of rooms, but it should be fine," answered Sarah. "Let me confirm it with Bradley.

Bradley some of Kay's colleagues from the hotel are coming over at 4 pm. They want to know if it's okay if they stay a few nights, thought Sarah.

Bradley thought Can you find room for them?

Sarah thought, I will have to juggle some rooms, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

Bradley thought, In that case, its fine with me.

Sarah told Linda, "Bradley said its okay, so tell them to come prepared."

"Thanks, can I use the phone in the office to let them know?" Linda asked.

"Sure, just let me check it's not being used," answered Sarah.

In the office, Linda phoned the kitchen at the hotel, "Hi Richard, I need you to do something for me. I forgot to hire extra staff to cover us while we attend Kay's party. Can you hire a few extras for the next three days? The firm we normally use should be fine."

"Yeah sure, I was wondering what you were going to do with most of the kitchen staff going to Kay's birthday party," answered Richard. "Has she found out about the party, yet?" He asked.

"No and we're trying to keep it like that, hence the name 'surprise party'," Linda said with a grin. "So get everyone over here by 4 pm to give us enough time to get them in the room where the party will be held with the other guests and get the gifts organized."

"Ok boss, see you then," Richard replied.

Linda hung up and went to help with the party. By that time she got to the great common room Connie, Paul, Henry, John, Jessica, Charlotte, Bradley, Kay, Charlie, Isobel and Nigel were there, enjoying a coal fire in the open fireplace.

Connie and John hugged Kay. "Happy Birthday, honey," her mom said and handed her a card and present

The card had a large teddy on it with Happy 21stBirthday across the top in big bold letters. The present was a long, flat box wrapped in gold foil paper. Kay opened the present to reveal a gold, heart-shaped locket on a beautiful, gold, rope chain, which was heavy. The locket contained pictures of her mom and dad. Kay was so overcome with emotion that tears rolled down her cheeks. She hugged her mom and her dad tightly, burying her face into her mother's bosom.

Kay was so overwhelmed that she was unable to talk for several minutes.

She thought now, this is the way that family should act, and this is how a birthday should be. I am so glad that I have loving parents now. I wish they had always been there, but I am going to let go of the past, so that I can enjoy the present.

With that last thought, Kay was finally able to let go of the past and open her heart to allow her to truly experience the love of her parents and friends and to give to them love in return.

Kay looked at Brad and thought,

It seems that so much has happened to me since he walked into my life. Even through the kidnapping and rescue of Paul to the forcing of my powers, he was there every step of the way. I was scared, but I knew deep inside I was not alone.

She placed the gift from her parents on the coffee table, sat in Brad's lap, wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and kissed him.

Brad asked, "What was that for?"

Kay replied, "Do I have to have a reason?"

Brad said with a smile, "No, you can do that any time, honey."

Isobel then presented Kay her card and present. Before releasing them, she said, "I know that this is your birthday Kay, but while I've got your attention, can I check your skin temperature to make sure you are ok?"

"Sure, what do you want me to do?" Kay asked placing the card and present on the coffee table.

"Just let me put a thermometer strip on your forehead," replied Isobel. She put the strip on Kay's forehead, waited a minute and said, "Your temperature is quite normal now, Kay. The wards are working and my ointment did the trick. How do you feel?"

Kay replied, "I'm feeling great!"

Isobel removed the thermometer strip and said, "I'm so glad you're feeling better."

Kay opened Isobel's present. The package contained two things. One was a tea towel with pictures of large wild cats on it. The centre of the towel contained a picture of a white tiger that was simply beautiful. The other was a key with 21 on it that played 'Happy Birthday'.

"Thank you, Isobel," Kay said hugging her.

Paul was next to give her his present and card. The card had a picture of a cottage on it with a girl standing in the garden. "This looks like my cottage," Kay exclaimed.

"I know that's why I chose it," replied Paul. The present was a set of Sheffield steel knives in a special case, like a brief case.

"How did you know I needed new knives?" she asked.

"I didn't I just saw them and thought of you," answered Paul.

"Thanks, I love them and I love you so much," Kay said hugging him tightly and kissing him on the cheek.

"Well now you've had a few of your presents, what do you want to do today?" asked Brad.

"I'd like to go for a run on the grounds," said Kay.

"Really!" Brad exclaimed with surprise.

"Want to make it interesting?" asked Jason.

"What do you mean?" asked Kay.

"Well we could make it a contest to see who can run to the waterfall and back in the quickest time," Jason said.

"What will we get if we win?" asked Paul.

Sarah heard the conversation as she entered the great common room. She thought to Bradley.

This would be a good opportunity to get Kay out of the mansion, so we can prepare things for the surprise party this afternoon.

Bradley thought How do you mean?

Well if you can get her to stay outside for a while, we can get everything ready Sarah thought.

MMMM alright, I will try and keep her outside for a bit, Bradley thought.

"Jason, I think a competition is a good idea. Go to the common room upstairs and ask anyone there if they want a run round the grounds. Make sure they know it's a real competition with a prize," Bradley said. Bradley turned to Paul and said, "I'll have Sarah to select a prize."

John, Henry, Paul, Nigel, Jessica, Charlotte said they would participant. Connie, Linda and Isobel said they would stay behind and chat, but in reality they were going to help Sarah get the mansion ready for the party.

Connie said, "Before you all go charging off, could I just have a word with you Bradley, in private?"

"Ok Connie. I'll meet you guys in the lot outside," Bradley told the others.

Bradley took Connie into his office. "What can I do for you?" he asked.

"I want you to put this packet in your safe until tomorrow," said Connie.

"What is it?" asked Bradley.

"It's something for Kay. By rights, she should have it today, but I think she has enough to think about and adjust to, at the moment," Connie answered. "John and I feel it would be better if she has it tomorrow after she has had a chance to get used to her powers. The contents might cause her some stress and I don't want her worrying about it right now. I want her to enjoy her birthday. I have a feeling that she did not have much of a birthday before."

"Alright, but when you give it to her, can I be present or is too personal?" Bradley said.

"No, I would like you to be there. I think she will need your support," Connie said. "I only hope Paul doesn't say something to her about the contents of that envelope before tomorrow. He thinks she should have the contents of that envelope today. John and I already had one argument with him about it."

"I'm sure he will respect your wishes and not say anything," replied Bradley.

"I hope so. Anyway, that's what I wanted," said Connie.

"In that case, Will you help with Sarah and the others to get the party setup while I meet the runners in the lot? Also, can you do me a favour, ask Sarah to select a prize for the winner?" said Bradley.

Outside on the grounds

Bradley went outside and found quite a few of pack members wanted to participant in the run around the grounds.

"What are the rules?" shouted Samantha.

"Well, you can run in any form. It don't matter which," answered Bradley.

"Will it be fair to Kay and the others if they run in their wolf form?" asked Jason.

Bradley thought about what Jason said for a minute. He went and talked to Charlotte and Jessica. After receiving a nod from them, Bradley gave them a clipboard, a whistle and a stopwatch and said, "I think so. Charlotte and Jessica aren't actually running but have agreed to be the timekeepers. Kay can run very fast, so she should be able to keep up with us in our wolf form. John, Henry, Nigel and Paul can shift to their tiger form, so they'll be ok."

"Kay will be ok? If we shift, how can Kay possibly keep up with the rest of us?" asked Travis.

Kay replied with a smile, "You'll see when we start running just how fast I can go."

Travis gave her a thoughtful look and said, "Oh alright if you're sure. I just wanted this to be a fair contest."

"Actually, it will be good to see just how fast Kay can run," stated John.

"It sure would. We'll run to the waterfall and back to the mansion. The winner gets a prize that Sarah is sorting out," said Bradley. "Oh Andrew, get on your radio and make sure the security team know we're running on the grounds, in case they think something's up," said he.

Andrew confers with the security team and tells them, "Alpha wants you to know there's going to be a race through the grounds."

"What's the route?" replied Stephen, the beta in charge of security.

"From the mansion to the waterfall and back," answered Andrew.

"Ok. I'll post guards around the route and have the cameras focused in that area," said Stephen.

"All set Alpha," Andrew said. "The security team know we're running and what route we are taking. Guards will be posted throughout the course and the cameras trained on us as we run for extra protection."

"Great," replied Bradley. "Right everyone line up in your chosen form."

Some changed into animal form, some to hybrid form and some just stayed in human form. While Bradley was explaining the rules and making sure that security knew about the race, Jessica painted a long white line in front of the mansion with some paint that she made appear. Charlotte said, "This is the starting and finishing line."

Jessica said, "Runners to your mark, get set, go!"

Everybody took off at a fast pace. Kay started off slow like she usually did when running at home and gradually sped up. She was soon passing some of the wolves. They were all shocked at how fast she was running.

Kay caught up with her dad and Uncle Henry and passed them easily in their tiger forms.

My god, thought John Henry, look how fast she's going.

I know, replied Henry. She's much faster than any normal tiger. When she told us yesterday that she could run fast, I naturally thought it was about the same speed as we run, which is 35 to 40 miles per hour. But she's running much faster than that. We can only run at top speed for short periods of time, but she is running much faster than we do and for a longer distance.

John spoke to Paul, Did she run fast when she was a child?

Yeah, replied Paul. She was always very good at running and jumping really high. She was on the school track team when she was younger and won lots of prizes and medals.

Kay soon got to the waterfall and began running back to the mansion. By then, there was only one wolf she could see that was nearly as fast as she was. The wolf was male and completely brown except for a white tip on his tale and a white smudge on his nose. He was running flat out to catch her, which made Kay speed up. wasn't even out of breath. This was like the jogging that she did at home. She didn't want to go flat out because she didn't think it was fair to the others.

After a couple minutes of running, Kay could see the mansion. Charlotte was waving a red checked table cloth as if it was a flag. She crossed the finish line first, closely followed by the brown wolf.

When she stopped, she sat on a bench that was placed on the edge of the forest. There were a lot of benches placed at the edge of the forest facing the back of the mansion. Her heart rate was only slightly raised, so she sat down to watch the rest of the race while allowing heart rate to return to normal.

The brown wolf was really out of breath. Charlie, who had been watching from the sidelines, went into the kitchen to bring him some water in a bowl. The wolf gulped down the water, changed back to human form, retrieved his sweatpants and put them on. Once he was dressed, he came over and sat beside Kay.

"Wow," said Jessica, "you really can run fast Kay. "You did the run in 10 minutes, which means you were running at about 40 miles an hour."

"Thanks," said Kay.

Kay thought I am not going to tell them that I was not running as fast as I can. I don't want to appear as though I am bragging.

"You were not joking you are fast," said the brown wolf, who was sitting next to her. "I thought I was the fastest in our pack, but you've proved me wrong."

"What's your name?" asked Kay.

"My name's Zippy. Congratulation on a good run," he replied.

"That's an unusual name," said Kay.

"I know," Zippy said with a smile, "I have three brothers, all with funny names."

"Oh? What are their names?" asked Kay.

"Bungle, George and Jeffrey. Haven't you guessed where our mom got our names, yet?" Zippy asked laughing.

"Oh my goodness, you're all named after characters on the children's program 'Rainbow'. Aren't you?" Kay stated with wonder.

"Yeah, that's right. Everyone takes the mickey out on me and my brother Bungle," Zippy said grinning.

"Oh poor you, I bet they do," Kay sympathized. "Do your parents live here, then?"

"Yes, I think you've met my father, Travis. My mom's name is Samantha," Zippy stated proudly.

"Oh yes, I've met them and I like them very much. Travis helped rescue my brother, Paul," Kay said.

"Hang on, here my family come with the others," Zippy said. "Do you want to meet my brothers?" he asked.

"Yes, that would be nice, thanks," Kay replied.

Just then, Bradley crossed the finished and came over out of breath. "I beat all of you," Kay crowed. "I even beat Zippy," she said laughing.

Poor kids. Fancy their parents naming their boys after characters on the Rainbow program, she thought.

"Gosh Kay, you can really run fast," said Uncle Henry.

Everyone was now sitting on benches, drinking water or lying on the grass resting. Bradley said, "Come on you lazy lot. We're not finished running yet. We need to get in shape, so we're going to do some relay races. Since there are thirty of us running, get yourselves into teams of six and give your group a name."

Kay's team, the 'Teddy Gang', was Bradley, Henry, John, Paul, Jason and herself. The 'Rainbow' team consisted of George, Zippy, Jeffery, Bungle, Travis and Samantha. The 'Raven' team consisted of Shane, Marcus, Davey, Jane, Melanie and Sonya. The 'Black Gang' team were Jillian, Jimmy, Billy, Benny, Alex, and Alan. The 'Red' team were Jackie, Jack, Michael, Lindsey, Rose and Mary. Last, but not least, were the 'Wolf Pack' consisted of Ryan, Peter, Johnny, Diana, Francesca, and Lizzy.

Bradley said, "Andrew, let security know that we are going to the track that the children use beside the medical centre."

The track was large. It had six lanes, each one a different colour, and contained a finishing line.

Bradley had each group select a colour and line up. They were each given a colour baton that corresponded with the lane they selected. Some of the other pack members, who had not wanted to compete in the earlier run, were now standing around the track ready to cheer for the different teams.

The teams discussed what order they would run. Kay decided to go last in her team as it would be a sprinting round.

Jessica put all the names of the teams and who was in them on her clipboard. Charlotte had the checked flag, they had made out of a red checked table cloth. She shouted, "RUNNERS ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET, GO."

The first group set off at a fast pace consisting of Bradley, George, Shane, Jillian, Jackie and Ryan. The people standing on the sidelines started cheering. The next group contained Henry, Zippy, Marcus, Jimmy, Jack and Peter. At the end of the second round 'Rainbow' team was in the lead. The next group was John, Jeffery, Davey, Billy, Michael, and Johnny. At the end of this round, team 'Teddy Gang' was leading.

Those watching on the sidelines were really cheering now. Even Connie, Sarah, Linda and Isobel had come out to watch the relay race.

The next group was Paul, Bungle, Jane, Alex, Lindsey and Diana. At the end of this round, the 'Wolf Pack' team was in the lead. The tension was mounting as the next group with Jason, Samantha, Sonya, Benny, Rose and Francesca began running. The lead changed to the 'Raven' team.

The final round consisted of Kay, Travis, Melanie, Alan, Mary and Lizzy. On the change over Jason, dropped the baton, the 'Teddy Gang' wasted precious seconds picking it up. When Kay started running, the others had already started and were half way round the track.

She thought To win this race, I'm going to have to actually run. If they thought that I ran fast earlier, wait until they see this.

Kay the last lap at full speed, easily overtaking the others. In the end, the 'Teddy Gang' team won and everyone cheered loudly. They had an enjoyable time outside.

Seeing that the races were over Sarah transmitted to Bradley We need more time to finish the preparations for the surprise party.

Bradley thought Really, when I saw you guys out here cheering for us, I thought that you were finished.

Well, Sarah answered sheepishly, You guys sounded as though you were having so much fun, we couldn't resist joining you for a little while. I'm sorry I let you down, my Alpha.

Bradley replied Don't worry about it. You're right we were having a lot of fun. How much more time do you need? Do you think you can finish in two hours?

Sarah thought for a minute, then replied Two hours should be more than enough time to finish.

Bradley thought with a sly grin In that case, I guess I'll have to sacrifice myself to save the day and take Kay on a picnic by the waterfall. She seems to really like that place.

Sarah answered smiling I'm sure that she'll appreciate your selflessness.

Brad asked, "Kay would you like to have a picnic lunch by the waterfall?"

"That would be lovely, thank you," Kay answered coyly.

Bradley asked, "Charlie, will you prepare a picnic lunch for us?"

Charlie answered, "Sure no problem."

Kay and Bradley dressed and headed to the mansion to shower and change. On their way to the waterfall, they picked up the picnic basket from the kitchen and immediately left for their lunch.

Brad thought In spite of what I said, I love being alone with Kay. I am glad we'll have some time alone and still allow everyone to finish what needed to be done to make this a birthday to remember for Kay. The magical council are going to attend the party since there is going to be a meeting while everyone is here. The council is also curious about Kay and wanted to see her use her powers for the first time.