A Whore at Dread Harbor Ch. 00 - CYOA Intro 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It may not have been the life you had imagined staring up at the sky as an impassioned youth on Jai-Nah-Yoh, dreaming of the stars. But it was a good life nonetheless.

And then, a ghost from your past sent you a long-range prerecorded message. And all the awful memories came roaring back.

One day, nearly ten years after your mission to Dread Harbor first began, you were dozing in your cockpit seat on the Deliverance. You had docked at a small maintenance shipyard out in the sticks to rest and refit your vessel in preparation for another long courier job. A bright light appeared on your console. It was an incoming message, from a frequency you'd registered as "Friend" in the ship's data banks.

Strange... you hadn't logged a new name in the ship in years, and the last ones you could remember were all business contacts.

Groggy, you fumbled with the console to turn on the holomessage. The sight of your old friend Corani's projected image floating up into your vision made you leap up in your seat. She smiled at you, her modified Catian body swaying back and forth in the hologram.

"Hello Deckard. It's been... a long time." Corani said. Her familiar, awkward smile made you break out into a grin. "I'm sorry we haven't spoken since you left. Life has a funny way of pulling the wrong people apart, huh? I hope you are well, wherever you are."

Corani lowered her head, hiding her sculpted face behind her long bangs. "...Things have changed on Dread Harbor since you left. I've changed since you left. You probably wouldn't recognize me anymore. Though, I suppose I could say the same for you?" She was so much more reserved than you remembered, seeming to struggle to get the words out.

"I... have never forgotten what you did for me. I think about it all the time. I... Goddess, how do I even say this?" She lifted her head to the sky and let out a sigh.

"I wish things had been different. You should have stayed, you should have seen the end result of everything you did. Dread Harbor is nothing like what it once was. It's a different kind of place now: wild and dangerous."

"...That might sound bad to you, but I promise you it's better now, Deckard. It's alive again, thanks to you."

"I'm sorry for calling you like this. If you're still alive, if you're still anything like the Deckard I know, then you won't want to come back here." She sighed, "So instead I'll just beg you up front:"

"I need your help, Deckard. Something terrible has happened, and I don't know who else to turn to. I can't speak of it on an unsecured channel. But I promise, I'll explain everything when you get here... if you get here."

"Please Deckard, return to Dread Harbor. You are the only one who can help me. You're the only person in this galaxy that I trust."

You watched and rewatched Corani's message a half a dozen times, memorizing the lines in your friend's face as you chewed upon her words.

After a short hesitation, you departed with haste from the shipyard, setting a course once more for Dread Harbor, and your destiny.

End of Prologue