A Wider Sky Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I just walked with him to the first plateau that was a three step climb and sat down looking at what was one of the most beautiful sights I had seen in my life. Evergreen trees which meant everlasting life, gone. Even the sky seemed grey like it did in the colony. This plain probably led to a colony, just like the plain I crossed led to mine. Somewhere far away there were people like me who had seen this happen to their friends, family and lovers. Turned into nothing but a floor to be trampled across.

My head again dropped but this time no tears fell, I stood still waiting for the second blast of sorrow to pass through me. Instead I lifted my head with the resolution I had before coming to this horrible place.

I needed to do something.

I'm going to rebel.

Even if it costs my chance to love, to have food, heat, running hot water, clean water to drink, a home of my own with a white picket fence, a life. I would rebel even if it cost my life. I was going to give it all up so that other could have the chance to live the life they were granted to have as earthlings. To see a wider sky.

I had found my courage.

*****

Geographic Terms Crib Notes written on Gaelen's arm:

Because Professor Ubeforg Windsor's lectures are so incredibly fucking damn hard

pedospheres: the outermost layer of the Earth that is composed of soil and subject to soil formation processes.

Lithosphere: outermost shell of a planet. Earths crust has a flexible mantel, Yo.

biosphere: Fuck! Ask Kiowa?Oh, all the living shit on the earth. Thanks Mouse.

hydrosphere: all the water near my planet Earth or on my planet.cuz, I am boss

Layers from oldest shit to not so old shit:

Paleozoic: super old 542 million years ago to 251 million years ago. Era starts with the breaking of the supercontinent into the smaller contents of Before Eclipse.

Mesozoic: Age of Dinosaurs some of the cool shit Windsor doesn't care about

Cenozoic Era: aka Cainozoic like the dude from the Bible, aka age of mammals, aka the era things its the shit with so many akas. Spans only about 65 million years. Dinos are dead Fuck more boring shit from Windsor. Before Eclipse

Didaskozic: aka After Eclipse. From the Didasko meaning to show a better way of ruling the Earth. Turning human remains into a new layer of ground.

Fuck, I better pass this class. My arm looks like an ink disease.

*****

To My Dear Readers,

Happy End of Camp NaNoWriMo! This is the big, big chapter the other trickier chapters lead up. This moment. Thank you for reading.

So given this moment:

On a scale of 1-10 how much in love to you think Gaelen and Kiowa are?

How loves who more so far in your opinion?

I am also wondering about the development of the other characters who may play a larger role possibly in the future.

What do you think of Lance, Taxa, Bane, Sebol and Hazzic so far?

Although I haven't revealed how Kiowa has powers. I am very curious what explanation EroticLitKitty has?

Thank you CoeliacChic and fanfare for your comments. I love hearing from everyone.

Cheers and Happy Reading,

~Talyis