A Window of Opportunity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,900 Followers

"I'm honored, Jack, particularly since this is probably the last one of these for me."

"Well, it's supposed to be a secret, but you're number one and you're getting a shit pile of awards so the walk to the stage will be a hell of a lot shorter." The COO commented.

As was his habit, Brien sought out the HR VP just to be sure there were no ruffled feathers. Brien was not particularly fond of the woman; she knew nothing about the business and had never been in the field but felt that she was due exalted status and respect. She was unimportant in the whole scheme of things but a little judicious ass kissing would ensure that an egotistical staff VP didn't have an opportunity to dampen the evening. He caught her between conversations and sidled up beside her.

"Joanne! That dress is exquisite and I love your hair…have you got a sec?"

Joanne wanted to dislike Brien; he was just a salesman, albeit a very successful one. He'd never been remotely in awe or afraid of her but nor had he been the least bit unfriendly. As part of a human resources task force she had chaired, he had not always agreed with her but in his disagreement had always been respectful and measured. Moreover, she hated to admit it, but he had been correct on virtually every point of disagreement. Even more impressive, he could have gone over her head---and probably won---but instead worked hard to win her over to his way of thinking.

The CEO and COO adored him and much to her chagrin she had come to realize that there wasn't really anything to dislike about Brien. She had witnessed the grand entrance; Kay was one of her absolutely most favorite people in the company and if Kay thought Brien was pretty special, well, he was.

Plus, she knew exactly why he wanted to talk to her. It was totally unnecessary, but he was going to thank her for giving up her seat at the head table. It was at that instant that Joanne realized exactly why Brien was held in such high esteem. It was his innate sensitivity to another person's feelings…caring enough to thank her when it was not necessary from a protocol standpoint. He didn't need to kiss her butt…um, that was a delicious thought…but he was going that extra mile. She felt a tinge of regret that she had not seen it sooner and worked harder at making Brien her friend rather than a potential adversary.

"Brien! Stunningly handsome as always. First, I know why you came looking for me and as deeply touched as I am by the gesture, it's completely unnecessary. You and Kay make a beautiful couple and you belong up there tonight. Secondly, you and I have locked horns on more than one occasion…my fault, not yours. I apologize for my bitchy intransigence. You've always had the best interests of the company in your heart...and I don't take criticism well."

Giving Brien an almost motherly hug, even though they were probably very close in age, Joanne whispered in Brien's ear.

"She's a very, very special woman and I love her to death…and I can see that you do too. Take good care of her or I'll track you down and beat you within an inch of your life…or worse!"

Brien was sure she meant it. They parted with a few more niceties, Brien wondering if she would have to be invited to the wedding. Still, she had shown real class and Brien was impressed with her change of heart.

As Brien searched for his bride to be, she was just finishing up with Jan and Toni.

"Well it's obvious you don't waste any time!" Jan exclaimed.

Kaye smiled. "It's a long story; I had feeling for him years ago…he was married...to my friend...I never told him how I felt…it wouldn't have been right. It turns out he felt something for me too…but he loved Mary…and now…"

"Oh I'm sure there'll be time for you to tell us the whole story. You've never looked more beautiful, Kay; you're so obviously in love and for what we saw, so is Brien." Tina said, softly.

Regaining her composure, Kay was back in control and decided to needle her good friends.

"You could have told me that you both fucked him."

Both women were at first surprised that Kay knew. "Wow, a little over four hours together and you've even had time to discuss sexual histories?"

Kaye smiled. "We covered a lot of ground this afternoon; I had to know. I asked him and you both know him well enough to know he'd be candid---very candid in fact. Toni, he alluded to something very special you did with your…"

"Mouth? Oh, my, how much do you know?"

"More than he told me now that you said, 'mouth'. Some time I want the details…I don't want my husband looking back longingly on the proclivities of a former lover. And Jan, Brien indicated that you were very…"

"Flexible?"

"I do believe that was exactly the word he used."

"Well, honey, no real secret there…hell you were a cheer leader and I'm sure with a little practice you can get your feet behind your…"

Toni move close to Kay and whispered in her ear. "I'm sure they don't teach it back on the farm in Indiana but, if you must know, I licked his tight little butt…and tongued fucked his shitter…and it drove him wild. As a matter of fact he very willingly reciprocated---which drove me wild…it was amazing…and then he…well, you'll figure it out when the time is right."

"Actually Brien never gave me any details on either of you, I just went fishing and you both took the bait. He's fond of both of you. His overall comment was, let me get this right, 'they're great fucks…decidedly nasty and adventurous… neither of them hold a candle to you'."

The three women laughed in unison. Jan spoke first, taking her good friend by the hand.

"Kay, you're one damned lucky woman. Brien is one in a trillion. It's so obvious that he is head over heels in love with you. You know damned well, in spite of your mid-western morals, that if Brien had come on to you eight years ago---you would have fucked him. As straight an arrow as he is, he is the most seductive man I've ever met; trust me. If Brien wants to go to bed with a woman….well he had my knickers off so damned quickly… But you and he didn't…until this afternoon…because he loved his wife…he loved Mary. He's just delightfully old fashioned enough to believe that wedding vows mean something. You're, 'his woman' now. You have nothing to worry about from me, Toni or any other woman in the world."

"Well, you girls still could have given me a hint about how…"

"Good he is in bed? And spoil the surprise? Look, Jan and I probably belong to an elite and relatively small group of women who would have said, 'I do' in a heartbeat after fucking Brien. You and Mary were different; he fell in love with Mary just the way he did with you; they were friends…special friends…before they ever hopped in the sack. I do recall a short conversation we had with Mary after she and Brien fucked for the first time. Jan had just had her fling with him a few months earlier…and frustrated me by telling me all the intimate details. I was absolutely prepared to make a move on him if things didn't work out between Brien and Mary. That morning Mary walked in---we were all at a task force meeting—with that shit eating, I-just-got-fucked smile on her face, I knew that my window of opportunity had passed. They were married a few months later…and you know the rest."

"Toni paused, then went on. "Look…about a year after Mary died, I ran into Brien at the reorganization task force meeting in Dallas. He was still an emotional basket case, just beginning to climb out of the depths. I desperately wanted to comfort him, but if truth be told, I also wanted his cock…and more if there was a chance. Bluntly, we fucked like rabbits for three nights. It might not have been very tender…Brien was still angry and frustrated. Did we make love? Not that I remember; we fucked…in every way you could imagine and even if there wasn't any love involved, the sex was…well you know, the damned guy is really, really good. I knew when we said our goodbyes after the meeting that he wasn't ready for a relationship then---and would never be ready for a long term relationship with me. Oh I made him smile between the sheets. So being the direct, in your face bitch I can often be, I asked him outright if he could ever fall in love again. I was fishing around to see if I had a chance. I'll never forget those word he spoke barely two minutes before he introduced me to the man I married."

He said. "Toni, I have to be in love to survive; having found true love once I'm not sure I can live without it. You're a sweet kid and a good friend, not to mention…well, the sex was very special. But hidden somewhere in my broken heart there is another…it's been a few years…I'm not ready yet…it wouldn't be fair to her…I'm not even sure if she feels anything…if there's a chance…but when I get my head screwed back on, I'm going to go find her and were going to find out if two dances and some innocent flirtation a few years ago meant what I want to believe it meant."

"Kay, I didn't really get it then but it's pretty clear tonight. He's carried you in his heart for a long time and it just makes me want to cry with joy to know that you two found each other…found each others hearts. You're going to have a great life, baby, and you both deserve all the happiness there is. Congratulations! And here comes the man himself!"

Toni and Jan drifted off to give Brien and Kay a modicum of private time. Brien brought Kay up to speed on the seating change.

"So what were you and the girls gossiping about?" Brien asked.

"Oh I was just getting some tips on how to satisfy the man I love from a couple of his former conquests."

"You're not going to let me live it down, are you? Well, you certainly don't need any further instruction. You're one damned fine little piece of ass, you little minx."

"I'm your fine little piece of ass, love of my life, still a girl has to work hard to keep her man interested and inspired in the bedroom. And I absolutely adore it when you call me your little minx. And both Jan and Toni had some interesting ideas that I might want to explore later this evening…"

Brien took Kay in his arms and kissed her. Being discrete no longer seemed sensible; even the CEO---hell the entire damned company---knew.

The gala evening went off without a hitch; Brien won every award he possibly could including the top earner and top producer. Kay beamed with pride and clapped madly every time he went up on stage. As the final award was presented, the one the CEO reserved for himself, the old man took Kay's arm and led her up there to make the final presentation with him. After the three posed for the award photo, the CEO stepped aside.

"Kiss your bride to be, Brien."

Brien took Kay in his arms and kissed her…for a long time…to the absolute delight of the gathering. The camera flashed, preserving the magic moment for eternity. As they returned to the head table, the curtain behind the stage opened and a band began to play…a slow one. Brien asked Kay to dance…just as he had so many nights before. Out of respect, the crowd gave the floor to Kay and Brien for the first dance.

So here she was once again, dancing with the man of her dreams, the man she had longed for for so many years. The man she never thought she'd ever be able to have. She fit in his arms just as perfectly as she had way back when. Tina and Jan beamed like proud parents. And somewhere up there, Mary looked down and smiled.

Dinsmore
Dinsmore
1,900 Followers