A Winter Solstice Dream

Story Info
A dream I had on winter solstice many years ago.
1.4k words
4.7
2k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WLOral
WLOral
66 Followers

Written December 2010...

I had an unusually long dream last night and I wanted to write it down and share it for whosoever wished to read it. I took the creative license to embellish it a little for the sake of it coming through in written word, but what I've written below is pretty well exactly how the dream took place...

My Solstice Dream,

a short story

Smoke curled from the rock chimney as the fire within warmed the cold winter night. It was Solstice-Eve, tomorrow would be one of two days of the year that day and night were of equal length, before the darkness of night begins to creep away more and more and the sun's brightness and warmth returns to renew the earth. I sat before the hearth at a little table; it's rough cut wood worn smooth on its top from years of daily use, on a simple chair made of the same wood. A hot cup of coffee sat steaming in front of me. On a plate beside it were two biscuits, iced on top and flavored with cinnamon.

Staring into the fire burning slowly and bright in the fireplace, I reflected on the Sun's warmth that would be gone from me and the land for a season, and remembered Spring and Summer days spent in the woods, working my small garden plots, and swimming in the crisp waters of a little mountain lake. A warmth not contributed to the burning fire washed over me and a smile crept to my lips. Though I sat surrounded by the icy winter, I knew that soon Spring would come again and warm me and the land and things would be made new once again.

Earlier in the afternoon, I had cleared the snow from an open area in the trees and stacked wood offered by the forest for a bonfire in the center of my clearing. On a stump near it's edge, I set various items gathered from the land for my offering; a beautifully shaped pinecone found beneath a grand old pine tree, a small limb from a holly bush that had been broken off by one of the forest's inhabitants and had fallen to the ground, and a reddish colored stone I had found in the stream running alongside my house (simply because it made me smile to look at it and hold it in my hand). A little jingle bell, two white candles, and a cup rest beside these things. With the sun's rising near, I took up a basket and placed five cakes in it; one for me, one for the Lord and Lady, one for the fairies, and one for the land. From the edge of the hearth, I took up a jar filled with spiced wine that I sat there to be warmed by the fire and put it in the basket as well.

I wrapped myself in a heavy fur cape, and taking the basket, I walked out into the snow, making my way to the clearing where I would welcome the solstice.

*****

Flickering shadows danced around the edge of the Circle as the flames of the bonfire burned brightly and hot on the wood stacked in a triangle over top of the base fire, directing energy up and out into the early morning. I stood with my fur draped over my shoulders, it's edge sweeping the ground around my feet; my head bowed towards the Earth in meditation. Turning and walking to the stump that served as my altar. With a salute of welcome, I lit the two candle and invited the gods to my circle.

Almost instantly the air changed and became charged. A feeling of comfort and joy came over me and I knew I no longer stood alone in these beautiful winter woods.

I went through my rite, giving thanks and offerings, celebrating with cakes and ale, and sat before the bonfire in meditation when I felt more than saw that someone stood behind me. Turning slowly I saw two figures; one silvery white as the full moon, the other bright white with a flicker of fire orange around the edge of its silhouette - for I could see nothing more than their shapes; no features were distinct on their faces or their raiment.

I stood and turned to face my visitors, respectfully bowing my head before greeting them.

I felt a hand on each shoulder as the two figures pulled me into an embrace and at once their energies wrapped me as warmly as the fur had ever done and I melted into their arms; wrapping my own arms around them. After what must have been a lifetime, we three slowly broke the embrace without a word being spoken. The figure on my left leaned forward and kisses my cheek and I was washed in the fragrance of a sun warmed field of wild grass and honeysuckle. Stepping back from our triangle and taking my hand in hers; for I knew from her touch who she was, the Lady spoke to me in a sweet voice, "Well met my son."

On impulse, I drew her hand to my lips and lay a gentle kiss on the back of her hand then bent my head forward, resting my forehead against her hand. She drew back and began to turn and walk away as her hand gently pulled out of mine.

Watching as she walked away, I felt a strong hand rest upon my shoulder and pull me around and I found myself standing side by side with who I knew to be the Father. I looked into his face and even standing so close I couldn't see his features clearly, once he looked young and boyish, another he was handsome and rugged, and yet another there were smile lines around his eyes and at the upturned corners of his mouth; yet always there was an energy of strength and love.

He walked me towards the center of the circle and the bonfire and there he turned to face me, his back to the fire, and taking both my hands in his we settled down and sat on the warmed earth. Staring into his ever-changing face, I was suddenly aware that we were both naked and wrapped in my fur cape, which was now large enough to cover us both in its warmth and shield us from the cold wind that played on the flames of the fire.

We sat facing one another, our legs bare and entwined with one another. I could feel the warmth of his skin against mine, the light tickling of his body hair wakened my skin to him, the soft thumping of his heartbeat pulsed across the space between us and vibrated on my chest.

His arms rested on top of my thighs, one hand against my side, the other resting on the top of my leg and I sat in the same posture mirroring him.

We sat thus and stared into each others eyes; his a warm amber with veins of pale gold streaked throughout. I saw mine reflected in the deepness of his, and they shone bluer than I've ever seen them reflected back to me and little flashes of silver played across them.

Neither of us spoke a word. We simply sat, legs entwined, hands resting intimately on each other. Then with a strength tempered by gentleness, he drew me to him; his arms encircling me and holding me to him, his heartbeat pressing into my chest, his breath warm against my neck. I felt the softness and the warmth of his body press against me, his muscles flexing around my body holding me safely. I folded my body around his and was drawn fully against him. I felt the heat of his groin pressed against me as his legs wrapped behind me. My body coming awake to the feel of him pressed so intimately against me, pulsing with his heartbeat which now beat in time with my own.

After a time, he lightly kissed one side of my neck then the other as shivers erupting across my skin, then he drew back and looked into my eyes and leaning forward, he kissed my lips, moving one hand up to cradle my head. Breaking our kiss, he gently drew my head down and rested it against his shoulder and lay his head on mine. There we sat , our bodies burning, as the morning sun broke clear of the trees and shone down on us on this Winter Solstice morning.

WLOral
WLOral
66 Followers