A Wounded Dove Ch. 03

Story Info
Brian and Jen's relationship comes to a bittersweet end.
13.9k words
4.36
6.2k
3
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/26/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 03: New Beginnings

After that night things changed for Brian and Jen. Jen moved out of the apartment and into a quaint cottage for rent back in her old town. She had her confidence back and held her head high as she walked around town. She had restored friendships with many people and it felt good to be home. Jen still found it a bit awkward around Brian's parents. She got the sneaky feeling that Brian's mother knew something had transpired between them. It was in the way she would look at Jen and the tone of their interactions. It didn't really bother Jen much as she had restored her friendship with Brian and that is what really mattered to her. Jen also found herself on the brink of a new and exciting relationship with Greg the handsome and caring pilot. She was staying at their usual hotel during one of her overnight layovers. Jen found herself standing in front of a mirror and putting on some lingerie that she had purchased wanting to have it under her dress, and ready for a special night. You're one sexy lady, she thought to herself. She chuckled remembering Brian's prediction and how his support had helped her become this woman who was ready for the next adventure in her life.

That night after a very enjoyable evening of dinner and drinks, Greg kissed Jen goodnight on the lips, as they had started doing recently. This time Jen returned his kiss with her own passion filled one. She whispered in his ear "stay with me tonight." That night they made love and it was all she imagined it could be. Jen allowed herself to take charge and guide the events of the night. They kissed some more and then Greg watched as she artfully seduced him. Jen danced around tastefully to some music and slowly unzipped and took off her dress, exposing her sexy lingerie. Greg could hardly contain himself. He became instantly hard and aroused. She commanded him to strip down all the while touching herself and teasing him. It was all very sultry, but not at all dirty. She laid him down on the bed and kissed him all over. She sucked on his cock twirling her tongue around and slowly moving up and down. Then she lay back and asked him to lick her wet pussy and clit. She held his head as she rocked herself in tune to his movements. Greg enjoyed her taste and remembered how erotic it was to please a woman in this manner. Jen shook with her orgasm and became wet and ready for what came next. As Greg was preparing to enter her, she rolled him over and placed herself on top. She liked the feeling of power and being on display. She grabbed at his chest as she pushed herself onto his hard cock. She bounced up and down, kissing him and letting her hair fall all over him, in a combination of fucking and love making. It was a marvelous night that cemented their relationship.

Brian was headed for a new beginning of his own. He had started graduate school and found himself commuting into the city on a regular basis. That is when he met Professor Roberts or Katherine. She was a therapist as well and was giving a talk about this new therapy technique in which he was interested. As she spoke and talked about her work with patients, Brian knew he had to get to know her. Not only was she beautiful; tall, firm and wavy brown hair with auburn hints, but she had this face that said "don't mess with me, I know my stuff." She had this poise and confidence that commanded people's attention. Brian could see that she really knew how to read people and reach them. He could see that he would have a lot to learn from her and that one day hopefully they would be together, after he spent much time proving himself worthy. After the talk he introduced himself.

"Your talk was fascinating," Brian said as he approached Katherine who was gathering up her belongings. "I'm Brian," he said extending his hand.

"Thank you. Are you familiar with the technique?" she asked noticing his firm handshake.

"I've read some about it at work, but it is all much clearer now, and I can see how it will be useful."

"Well, I am glad to hear that. I've got to run now, but it was nice to meet you," Katherine said.

"Until we meet again," Brian said flashing a smile.

Brian went to class every day and applied himself, always on the lookout for lectures and other activities where he might be able to interact with professor Roberts, as she didn't teach any first year classes. He went to some and starting sitting in the front so she would notice him. One day he saw an announcement in the university paper about this project opportunity led by Professor Roberts. She was interviewing students who had interest in going into some of the inner city schools and community centers to mentor and counsel some of the children. Brian saw that he could get class credit and he thought with his experience at his job he could impress Katherine. The day of the interview Brian made sure he dressed sharply and made his way to Katherine's office. Remember, she is Professor Roberts to you at this point, Brian reminded himself. He knocked on the door and took a deep breath.

"Come on in," Katherine said.

"Good morning, Professor Roberts, it is so nice to see you again," Brian said.

"Oh yes, you have been to some of my lectures no?" Katherine asked.

"Yes all of them this semester. I'm Brian a first year student."

"Yes, Brian. It's pretty ambitious of a first year student to try out for an opportunity like this. Tell me why I should choose you over some of the second year students who study with me," she asked.

"Well, first of all I am not just a first year student. I have been working in different social work type jobs for several years now. I have a passion for helping people and try my best to meet each client where they are, and never pass judgement."

"That sounds very noble and isn't always easy. What type of work have you done?"

"I spent some time in the Peace Corp in Latin America helping people get access to psych medications and counseling via video calls on-line. But now I work for a community mental health agency in a nearby town. I work one on one with adults with mental illness and also help organize and run support groups."

They talked more about his work, his approaches, and his ambitions. Katherine could see that he had determination and would take the work seriously. She could see that his work experience would fill in for the things he had yet to study and learn. She offered him a spot in the project and explained that she would choose a placement for him, based on his interests. That he at times would work together with other students placed at nearby sites. She also said there would be regular meetings with her where he would present the work he was doing and the progress made. Then at the end of the semester each member of the group would present as part of the whole group, to other faculty, to help ensure that this project would be offered each semester for years to come. Katherine said that the project would start next semester. Brian left that interview grinning and looking forward to spending more time with Katherine. He could tell she was a woman of depth and experience. She was also damn sexy and he dreamed of the day he could explore her supple body. He was also excited about helping the children as he really did enjoy connecting with clients.

Meanwhile Jen continued to enjoy and grow her life as well. She had saved up some money from all the time she had spent working every flight she could get, so she opted for a more reasonable schedule. Her and Greg still met at their usual hotel and shared wonderful nights. When they had days off at the same time on occasion, she would go to his place in the city, or he would come to her place. The passion was there between them and Jen taught Greg all the ways to please her. He continued to work on mastering the art of oral sex and Jen loved every moment. She had the most intense orgasms that way. None of them compared to that first one with Brian, but they were still wonderful. Jen also enjoyed walking downtown in her town, hand in hand, and showing everyone that she was happy. One day she ran into Brian's mother while she was with Greg. After that conversation she saw their relationship change. Brian's mother was warmer to her and their interactions much more polite. They never got as friendly as they once were, but Jen was just happy to have eased that tension. As they spent more time together, and their feelings grew, Jen felt like she could see herself spending her life with Greg. This pleased Jen as she hadn't felt that way about anyone since her divorce. She thought of Brian, and knew she cared about him deeply, but also knew that he had been right when he said they were never meant to stay together long term. People come into your life for a reason, she would think to herself. Brian had been there for her during a rough time in her life, and then later he had helped her regain her self-confidence. Jen knew she would be forever grateful and hold a place for him in her heart, but that there was also plenty of room left for Greg.

Soon enough the winter break came and Brian had a short break from his studies. He spent the holiday with family and they were all so proud of his studies and acceptance into the project. He omitted the part about his interest in Katherine, as he knew they would frown upon that. He knew if and when he was in a relationship with Katherine, they could meet her. One night he got a call from Jen.

"Hello Brian, it's Jen."

"Hey there Jen, how have you been?"

"I have been good. I wanted to see if we could get together for dinner."

"That would be nice; do you want to come over tomorrow? I can cook us up something."

"I think it would be better if we just went out. We are just friends now and that apartment has all those memories."

"So you are afraid you won't be able to keep your hands to yourself," he said jokingly.

"Yes, that it is it Brian, I won't be able to keep myself from jumping your bones," she said with a sarcastic laugh.

"Let's meet in the middle at that Mexican place that Melissa and I like."

"Sure, so tomorrow at 7:00?"

"Yes, see you then."

Jen looked forward to the dinner. She wanted to make sure that they could still be friends. She also wanted Brian to know how happy she was and how things were getting serious with Greg. She wanted to thank him for all he had done.

Brian also was pleased to be getting together with Jen. He wanted to see how she was doing these days. He had always wanted for her to be happy and he hoped she was. Brian also wanted to tell her about Katherine and how much the idea of her excited him. He thought perhaps Jen would offer him a woman's perspective on how to get closer to Katherine in an appropriate manner. On the night of the dinner Brian fixed himself up with a pair of slacks and his nicest sweater. Even if it wasn't a date, he still wanted to look good.

Jen also put some effort into her outfit wearing a warm, but slightly dressy form fitting sweater and pants. Brian had taught her to be proud of the way she looked and dress to impress, and she carried that idea that with her. She arrived at the restaurant and saw Brian waving from across the room, already at a booth.

"So nice to see you Jen," he said giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"It's great to see you too," she said.

They ordered some drinks and food and settled into some nice conversation and catching up.

"What has been going on in your life these days?" Brian asked Jen.

"Well, I think you know I moved back to our town. I found a cute little cottage on the edge of town."

"How has it been, being back?"

"It's been good Brian. It is home and I have found that most of the people I really considered friends still care about me. Even your mother has been nicer to me."

"That's great Jen. Glad to hear you still have those friends. So my mother finally likes you again?" he said with a chuckle."

"Well, Greg and I ran into her one day. I think when she saw us she knew there couldn't be anything between you and me."

"I'm glad. It was none of her business anyway. So how are you and Greg?"

"That is what I wanted to tell you. Things are great and I think this could be long term."

"I am happy for you. You have always deserved happiness."

"Thanks Brian. I could not have done this without you. With your support I transformed myself into this confident and beautiful woman. I don't know what I would have done. But enough about me, tell me about you."

"I finished my first semester of grad school. It has been challenging, but rewarding."

"Well I know how smart and dedicated you are, so I never doubted you would succeed. What about your personal life?"

"Well, school and working part-time keep me busy, but there is this woman I have my eye on."

"Who is the lucky lady? And what are you waiting for?"

"Her name is Katherine; Professor Katherine Roberts to be exact."

"Oh hot for teacher, you naughty boy," Jen said with a smile.

"Well, she isn't my professor, but she did choose me to be part of a special project I interviewed for."

Brian told Jen about seeing Katherine speak, the project, and their interview. He explained how intriguing and alluring she was, and how he was also excited about the work.

"So, you really like this woman?" Jen asked.

"I do, but I feel like she is out of my league. How do I get close to her?"

"Well, it seems like you are off to a good start with this project. She picked you, and now you just have to work hard and show her the impact you can have on clients' lives. I remember some of the stories you would tell me; you impact people's lives and they are better for it."

"I already know I am qualified for this project. I will make sure I impress Katherine, but that is just being a model student. How do I get close to her on a personal level?" Brian asked with a sigh.

Jen took a sip of her drink as she thought about this. Brian needed to present himself as more than just a student. Jen thought back to that fateful summer when Brian had become more than just the young man who had once been good friends with her son. She had seen a different and deeper side of him.

"You need to let her see you in your world, your element," Jen said with conviction.

"What do you mean by that?" Brian asked obviously intrigued.

"I mean you told her about your work and your passion, but now you show her. Is there a way she can see you in your agency interacting with colleagues?"

"That's smart Jen. I get her to meet people and hear from them about all the hard work, collaboration, and the respect everyone has for me."

"Exactly, so can you make it happen?" Jen asked excitedly.

"I believe I can," Brian said with a grin. "Katherine gave a talk about this new technique that not many people have experience in. It would definitely be good for us at the agency to get an introduction and learn how we can get more training."

"So then you can approach Katherine and ask her to present. Then when she shows up, you can introduce her to everyone and let them sing your praises."

"Well, maybe not so obviously, but yes. We can give a short intro for her about the work we do, and I am sure my name will come up."

The two friends enjoyed the rest of their meal and talked some about old times and how far they have come. At the end of the night Brian walked Jen to her car. He took her hand in his and started to lean in.

"Brian, we shouldn't," Jen said.

"Good night Jen," Brian said kissing her on the forehead.

"I had a nice time," Jen said obviously embarrassed by her assumption.

"Me too, so we will do this again sometime? Brian asked hopefully.

"Yes, I would like that. So I'll see you around," Jen said with a smile as she got into her car.

He is such a good man, Jen thought to herself as she drove off. She was happy to see that Brian could be so supportive of her and Greg, when not that long ago the two of them had been sleeping together. She remembered that fateful summer and how Brian had always been an old soul. She was pleased that they could still be friends and support each other. Jen also liked how excited Brian was about this Katherine woman. Again she thought about that summer and how he had been so patient and so comforting to her. He had stood by her through all the mess of her marriage showing her another option, but never pushing. She hoped that his patience and persistence would help him get what he wanted.

As Brian drove home he thought of Jen and how much she had grown and changed. She had a certain glow that he knew must have been pushed way deep inside of her during that summer. He liked to think that he had something to do with breaking down the walls and allowing that glow to make its way back out. However, he also knew that this Greg man was good for Jen. It was in the way she talked of him; so unlike the way she would speak of Scott. Brian then turned his thoughts to Katherine and wondered how long he had to wait before asking her to speak at his agency. He thought perhaps a month into the semester, after he could do some good work, and have a few private meetings. They would have some alone time, he could impress her with his work, and throw some nice gestures her way and see what reaction he got.

Soon enough the semester was starting again. Brian jumped right into his studies and the project. He was placed at a local middle school, which was a new population for him, as his work had been mostly with adults and older teenagers. It was challenging work connecting with the students, but he enjoyed it all. He was tasked with spending time with students during study halls and after school; discussing school and home issues. He would see what barriers students had and work around them so they could succeed in school. He helped them with assignments and to talk with teachers and the principal, so everyone could provide the proper support. The students started to trust him and open up, which helped him learn things others could not. Brian also took it a step farther as he heard stories of struggling families. He arranged some meetings with parents who were willing. He delved deeper into their lives, educating them on community resources, and offering creative solutions to problems. He felt the holistic approached worked, as these children were just a product of their environments, so in order to change them positively you first had to change their environments. Those families that were receptive to collaborating with Brian started to see how they could become more stable. They even begin to think about the future and plan goals. The children became happier with their home lives and thus applied themselves more at schools, catching the attention of teachers.

Brian had regular meetings with the social worker and principal at the middle school, but soon enough it was time for his first check in meeting with Professor Roberts. Brian was excited to spend some time with her and share stories of his work. He purposefully scheduled his meeting around lunch time, figuring he could surprise Katherine with some food. He went to this deli for some small sandwiches, a couple of sides, and cannoli. He arrived at her door and knocked.

"Come on in, Brian," she said. "Right on time again."

"Well I think punctuality is part of being professional," he answered.

"Yes it is a nice quality that not everyone respects," she said. "What is all of that?" she asked seeing the bags in his hands.

"Since it is the lunch hour, I took the liberty of getting us some food," Brian said with a smile.

"That was not necessary and won't get you a higher grade," Katherine said half joking, but with somewhat of a serious tone.

"It is just food Professor Roberts; do you not get hungry midday? Brian asked.

"Yes, I do enjoy lunch thank you, so what do you have there?" she asked with interest.