A Year Ago Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't respond, he could stew a bit. I finished up work and headed to get some groceries.

The WFM was always crowded around dinnertime. There were very good prepared foods available and I was standing on line when I saw Cynthia just a few steps ahead of me. I wondered if she would recognize me with the wig. She would never have missed me with my short cut. Thankfully I'd found that salon yesterday.

I was busy making notes on my phone and barely focused on the progress of the line. I looked up a minute later; she must have left the line. I looked about and didn't see her. Turning around I looked right into Cynthia face. She must have re-joined the wait. She looked up at me but didn't seem to see me.

I was surprised to be this close to her. I had in that brief moment seen so many details that my male self wouldn't have noticed. Her scent, rose and jasmine, reminded me of slow dancing with her five months ago while we both attended a wedding. Lynn was in the bridal party so I spent time with her. She actually was Lynn's most beautiful girlfriend. I had been aware of her subtle interest as we moved about the dance floor.

"I wondered how long it would be before I meet you Sara," Cynthia said quietly.

"I must say your hair looks great, and you move very well in those 4" heels."

I hadn't turned about, just slowly moving forward. I was next to select.

"I'll meet you at the cafe 'Sara'," Cynthia said a little louder since I had step away. At least she hadn't caused a scene.

My appetite had changed and I moved to the salads but was too distracted to do anything. I simply moved away. I considered running out of the store, but turning to look where she was found her right beside me.

"Oh Sara, I've upset you." Taking my hand she moved us to a small table.

I looked to her face, "I am a little disconcerted to see you here Cynthia."

She was slyly smiling, "I'll bet you are. Well girl, this is what I'll help you deal with. Lynn of course shared her meeting with you a week ago. But your phone picture didn't prepare me for the woman I see before me. Yes Sara, I do think you're a woman. There are many reasons for this but let's have a real dinner. I'll grab some shrimp and vegetables, you get a good white wine and we'll cook together at my place. How's that sound?"

I looked to her eyes, I was distraught but maybe her plan was a good one.

"Sure Cynthia, let's do that."

I hadn't been to her house so I followed her black Miata. I was surprised she live less than a mile from the school where I walked. How had I missed this?

"I bought this house only two months ago. I realized I couldn't keep waiting to get into a good relationship. I needed the tax break as well. Here put that Montrachet, no let's just open it. I need a drink as much as you do. The glasses are just to the right. I'll get the shrimp cleaned if you'll use the other sink and prepare the salad."

Her talking was calming me. I withdrew the cork and handed her a small taste.

"I like your selection. The subtle butter of this chard fruit is exquisite."

Thirty minutes later I realized I had found my first female friend. I had not enjoyed her snarkiness while I'd dated Lynn. Now I sense that we were both attracted to one another, even back then.

"I'm a bisexual Sara. When we were dancing at Tanya's wedding my panties were damp."

She was standing near the range looking at me, "I've wanted you since Lynn first introduced us almost a year ago."

Later we were sitting on her porch, our heels off and feet up, "I'll take your earlier comment about dancing as a compliment but I'm off the range pending the changes ahead for me Cynthia."

She moved closer and she could have kissed me, but she said, "Oh Baby, I can wait for you!"

The End of part Eleven

To be continued.

12