Abby Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kezza67
Kezza67
1,198 Followers

Abby was pleased to hear that that he too recognised their relationship was going that way. "So would I, James. So would I." She finished the coffee in the pot. "This is cold. I'll ask Mary for some more." Mary as usual had anticipated her, and in two minutes Abby was back with another pot of coffee and another cup and saucer. Abby ignored the second cup. "I much prefer sharing yours. Anyway, how did this come up and what do we do?" James explained his conversation with his Mother, leaving out her wish to be told if Abby and he had slept together.

"She suggested that we have a DNA test done."

"That seems a sensible idea. What will we do? Get a doctor in to take swabs?"

He was surprised. "You seem to know something about it?"

"A little bit. One of the girls in the office had a baby, no father in sight, and she accused one of the dealers of getting her drunk and having his way with her. The suggested father and the baby had a DNA test. That was how they did it."

"Was he?"

"No. She was trying it on I think, to get money. Although I would imagine that at some time they had been together. He was known for playing, and she was rumoured to be very 'friendly' with men."

James grinned at the euphemism then wondered how much money would have bought satisfaction. "If we got our doctor to come to the house, would you let him take a sample?"

"Of course. Better to know one way or the other."

"Ok, I'll do that. I'll let you know when he's coming." They sat for a while drinking coffee, the cup being used alternately between them.

Abby's mischievous mood returned. "You know of course that Mary is convinced that we were in bed together for most of the time."

James grinned. "Well we had better put her right."

Abby shook her head. "No, I told you when we were riding that I would like to be thought of as a Femme Fatale, let her think that. Besides I would not want her to believe that my technique was so bad that I couldn't lure you into bed." James smile told her she wasn't out of order talking about this.

"I did say something about cold showers. I know you think that I was inhibited about that. It has been so long since I was in a situation like that, I misread your signals. I thought I would be out of order making a move. I shan't do that again."

"Well to be honest I don't know if I was sending the right signals, because I don't have that much experience, but obviously if I decide that I do want you to seduce me, I shall have to make the message very plain."

"You talk as if there is not a little problem to be sorted out."

"To be honest, I don't think there is. I don't feel like your sister, if I was I am sure that there would be some feeling that told me."

"You mean a kind of instinct."

"Yes, exactly. Do you have any feeling like that?"

James looked doubtful. "Actually no. I would have thought, as you do, that there would be some primeval feeling that would warn us we were going against nature. I certainly didn't get that. In fact the very opposite. I don't feel like your brother at all."

"So James, no kissing until we know."

The expression on his face was desolate. Abby had sympathy for him, yet at the same time was happy that not being able to kiss her could depress him. "Think of it as a kind of Ramadan or Lent."

He nodded gloomily. Then brightened. "When it's done, and if it is as we feel, shall we go away for a weekend?"

Abby smiled wickedly. "A dirty weekend?" He grinned.

"I reckon so."

"Mr. Comberford, you certainly know how to turn a girl's head. And just in case I will make my requirements plain, I want one room, one double bed, and you and me together in that bed! Preferably without clothes. Now is that understood?" He didn't grin this time, just a very warm smile.

"The message is clear and understood. I am already looking forward to it." Abby leaned across the table and looked down.

"Well, so you are!" Their laughter echoed across the garden and in to the Pub.

If Abby had taken the time for introspection, she would have been amazed at the change these few months had wrought. In her office she had been a Leader, taking command and decisive. In all other respects she was a Follower, allowing others to take control and guide her, not always with her best interests at heart. Anyone who had known her in London would be stunned at the assertive and bold Abby now revealed. Indeed Abby herself was surprised, not knowing what possessed her to behave like this. The other change was her ability to flirt. It may have always been there, was it an instinct that most women possessed? Or was it James who was the catalyst. Whatever the reason, it mattered little; she was quite enjoying being a tease. She was pleased that Gwen Comberford, who after all would know her son better than anyone else, deemed this important enough for action to be taken, sensing in her son feelings for Abby, that made this necessary.

Mary had not heard any of their conversation. She had hovered in her kitchen which gave her a view of the garden, even opening the windows in case she could hear. But Abby and James had their heads so close together, and talked so quietly that all her efforts were in vain. She decided direct action was needed, so boldly marched out to see if they wanted Lunch. James declined as he wanted to get back to the house.

Abby accepted. "Just a little Salad, please Mary, and do you think I could have it out here?"

"Of course Love, best make the most of the weather. It will change soon." She went back to her kitchen, all she would be able to tell Mavis is that they had sat with their heads together for some time, and although James seemed serious at first they were soon laughing together. She felt aggrieved. It was almost as if they were trying to keep something secret!

Abby finished the coffee. It was funny she thought, something which could have put an end to the relationship, had the effect of clarifying the situation. She now knew that James felt something for her, his demeanour had proved that. And the episode had spurred him to propose taking things to the next level. She had little doubt that the test would prove that they were not brother and sister. But a seed had been sown. She would not feel confident until the test was done.

Mary saw Abby walk off after lunch, heading inevitably towards the station. Despite the laughter Abby and James had shared, Mary sensed that there was something that concerned Abby. She wished that she could share the problem. Mary had put Abby in the place that her own child would have occupied in her life. If Abby was hurting, then Mary hurt as well. If she looked at the situation realistically she knew that the so-called plots that she and Mavis had nurtured had been pie in the sky. As Sam had pointed out, the two young people had come together naturally without any assistance from Mavis or Mary. Yet Mary felt a responsibility towards Abby, and wanted to fight her battles, whoever the enemy.

To be continued

Kezza67
Kezza67
1,198 Followers
12