Adam & Jesse Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe you better sit down," she replied reacting calmly to his outburst. She immediately went to the bar and poured a shot of whiskey.

Adam sat down on the couch, still overwhelmed at what she was doing. He couldn't rid himself of the visions of Gerald and Jesse conflicting over this. How in the hell was she going to pull this off by herself. Shit, she would need an army to fight what he would throw at her. He quickly drank the shot, handing it back to her and could only stare at her, again at a loss for words.

"What do you want me to say, Adam?" she asked knowing full well the answer to her question.

She went to pour him another drink but his hand went up to stop her. Jesse had to keep telling herself that he was a stranger, not use to Gerald or his ways. She knew he knew very little of the man and how he controlled this town. How could she possibly give Adam what he wanted when her very soul ached for the freedom her project would give her and so many other people. She wasn't even sure if Adam was capable of understanding this.

Adam saw the change in her and swore to himself. His reaction to her plans had shut her down, but why he asked himself. Why did someone caring about her mean so little to her yet she was willing to give her life for people that seemed to take advantage of her, use her. She wasn't making sense to him, yet he had no idea how to fix the situation. What was worse was the sad, but understanding look in her eyes telling him she understood what he was thinking and his concern.

"Okay," he finally managed to say, taking a deep breath then continued. "What can I do to help? No questions for now, just let me help you." Adam gave in, he finally realized how much she had just trusted him by letting him in this far, he wasn't about to push it. He also wasn't about to let her get hurt.

"Help save me or help with this project?" she asked, practically reading his thoughts. She saw the puzzled look on his face and then continued, "I know you will be looking out for me, I do trust you in that aspect. But I need you to be dedicated to the project, not just me. This is very important to me and I do, yes again, I do plan on knocking Gerald off his feet and throwing him out of town you might say. Jail is not an option, he would only beat any charges brought against him. I want him broke down as well as broke and on the run. I want him to know that he at least won't be able to treat this town or anyone in it like he has in the past."

"Why you? Why does it have to be you to stop him? There's a whole town here that should be going against him, trying to stop him. Not one little"

"If you say little girl I just might send you packing. Do you make it a habit of fucking little girls? I think not." Her voice had changed, bold and dramatic in her words and her tone. By the way he starred at her, she could read his thoughts. "I'm the only one with the money to do it. Do you think I really enjoy getting hurt like this. Constantly watching my back, constantly running to the ER for some silly thing he did and I didn't see coming? Come on Adam, do you really think I'm that stupid? Do you know how many times I wanted to run, to get away and just let him have his precious town and money?" Jesse had now sat down next to him and took his chin in her hands forcing him to look at her. "If you had more money than you ever would need and a way to help so many people, what the hell would you do? Especially when it would end such and an evil mans reign on everything, people included. And that is exactly what he is, evil, simple and true."

He stared into those deep blue eyes, the truth hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"Okay, you're right, I'd be doing the same thing, but I'm a man. I know how a man thinks, give me some credit Jesse. This man is capable of killing, you said that yourself, are you just as capable cause from the sound of it you just might have to..."

"Does that mean I need a gun along with a body guard? Are you telling me you can't handle what might happen? I seriously doubt that. I think you are just the one to help me, and that Adam, is something I know, you know, and Gerald is afraid of. He is going to get his fight and I am going to help rid this town and my life of him one way or another. You can help or you can go, its that simple."

"Simple, you call this simple?" he finally managed to let out. All he kept thinking about was what Gerald would do. Jesse may be strong willed, smart and bold, but he wasn't convinced at all she could handle a man like Gerald. But starring into those deep blue eyes and from previous experience, he knew he wasn't going to stop her or change her mind. He made his decision. "I'll help, but there are a few things we are going to agree to before I lend a hand."

"Oh? And they would be," she asked grinning, knowing full well what was on his mind now.

Jesse's hand went to the bulge in his shorts and softly squeezed, this time evoking a gasp from him.

"You may be the death of me yet woman," he said no more, just pulled her close, his mouth once again finding hers.

12