Adam's Journey Pt. 46

Story Info
Things begin to get intense.
5.3k words
4.13
19.2k
3
0

Part 46 of the 50 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/30/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
stormdog
stormdog
192 Followers

Crossing back to our own boat at last, I felt like a bull elk in rut. I was edgy, aroused, agitated, rankled and jealous about Kristi, and completely uncomfortable in my own skin. I needed to get laid soon. Or punch something, whichever opportunity came up first.

I decided to go back up top by the bar to wait for Kristi; maybe a good, stiff drink would help. As I reached the stairs I passed a small group of people and heard a voice announce in a very pompous manner: "Sure, you can see global warming is real. I was up at Glacier National Park this summer and the glaciers were much smaller than when I was there seven years ago."

Now, normally I'm fairly non-confrontational, but this stupid statement just caught me at exactly the wrong moment. From my position on the lowest step I could see that the speaker was a slender, well-groomed, slightly balding guy, probably about 5'8" tall and in his late forties. In khaki shorts and Izod.

Before I could stop myself, I said in a loud voice "Yeah, and 11,000 years ago Wisconsin was under a glacier over a mile thick, and when I was there last August there wasn't a trace of it. Well, except a few small pieces in my Scotch."

His head snapped around and he quickly picked me out. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I shrugged. "Nothing. I just thought we were discussing melting ice and thought I'd throw in my two cents worth."

He sneered. "I suppose you're one of those climate change skeptics, a real flat earth type."

It was starting to look like the opportunity to punch something might just arrive first! "Oh, no, on the contrary. I absolutely believe in climate change, I've seen the geologic evidence that it's happened many times over the earth's history. I just question how much of any change has anthropomorphic origins."

He looked blank, so I filled in for him. "Man-caused."

He bristled. "I knew that! So you don't think greenhouse gases can cause climate change? That's foolish!"

I was so going to enjoy the feel of my fist meeting his face! "No, what's foolish is destroying entire industries, maybe an entire economy, based on a completely unproven theory. I think the jury is still out, and until we know we shouldn't do anything stupid."

"But all the experts agree that CO2 is causing warming."

"Sorry bub, but I can match you scientist for scientist on both sides of the fence. There are plenty of climatologists and meteorologists that think the computer models are severely flawed, and some evidence actually shows cooling. Of course, as has been shown, that data did not meet the proper political agenda, so it got buried. But still, you could be right."

"But most people think..."

I laughed "Now there you've got me! It has been a very effective propaganda campaign, and I certainly can't match up to all of your grade school-educated stars and starlets, or your rich fat-cat politicians that stand to get even richer out of the taxpayer's pocket if carbon control legislation passes. All I can do is look at the facts."

This was actually turning out to be kind of fun, and was providing a distraction from my problems. I stuck my hand out, and made it a point to crush his when it was proffered. He winced. "I'm Adam, by the way. And you are?"

He puffed up a little. "I'm Congressman Gerald Martin, Adam, and I can't believe you think it's not getting warmer - can't you feel it, see it?"

I was surprised! "Seriously, a U.S. Congressman, a member of the House?"

It turned out he was indeed, from a nearby western state. I was pretty glad I hadn't punched him - it's probably against some law, although the case could be made that any such law desperately needs to be repealed!

I went back to his question. "Seriously Gerry - can I call you Gerry?" He didn't object, so I went on. "Gerry, where I live it did seem to get hotter between about 1999 and 2004 or so, but that didn't happen world-wide, and you're confusing weather with climate. If it happens for a year, or five years, or fifteen years, well, that's weather, and it changes constantly, in relatively short cycles. When it happens for fifty or a hundred years, or more, then you're starting to talk about climate."

He frowned. "So you really don't think we should do anything?"

I laughed. "Again, you misinterpret my meaning! We should of course take common sense measures, shoot for high-mileage cars, conserve, generate power with non-fossil fuel sources like nuclear and hydroelectric when possible..."

He cut in. "Nuclear is too dangerous, and it would be a sin to dam up any rivers just to make power!"

I slapped him on the shoulder, laughing. "Surely you catch the irony of you making that statement while you're floating around enjoying yourself on this big old lake behind - oops, you guessed it - a giant hydroelectric dam!"

He looked surprised for a moment, then laughed and shook his head ruefully. "You set me up and took me down right there! This is kind of fun Adam, come on, let's go upstairs and freshen our drinks."

We climbed the steps, followed by a couple of attractive women and other members of his retinue and went to the bar, now being tended by Ronnie and Sandra. Ronnie looked at me and raised his eyebrows, silently asking how I was doing. I shrugged and smiled at him, touched by his concern. I looked for and spotted Kori, standing by the front rail, drink in hand, talking to Doug and Pam. Pam saw me and waved.

By now there were probably between twenty and thirty people on our upper deck, several in the hot tub, and more on the deck below. All four of the boats around the inner square looked equally well populated; I guessed the party in the cove had attracted over two hundred people and at least twenty houseboats, as well as several smaller craft.

Sandra brought us drinks, giving me a brilliant smile when she recognized me. I had to admit, Ronnie has good taste. She was seriously exotic, pretty and sexy, and I noticed the Congressman's eyes run hungrily over her body. I called him back to earth.

"Gerry, the problem is you guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Right now the transportation sector - all phases - is about ninety percent reliant on fossil fuels. And in the interest of full disclosure, I work in the oil industry, out on the fringes in the R&D sector. But the transportation issue is not going to change or go away anytime soon, there are no viable alternatives available. So we should conserve as best we can and continue to research other technologies. The truth is I don't want to dam any more rivers either."

He stopped me. "What about electric cars, or hydrogen powered, those technologies are available."

"Available yes, functional no. We just aren't quite there yet, and what they do have is ridiculously expensive and sets up all new pollution problems from the batteries involved. And even if good electric cars were available it would take ten or fifteen years for the fleet to roll over. And when - or if - we do get there, where is all the electricity to recharge these cars or to produce and concentrate the hydrogen fuel going to come from? Fossil fuels, coal and natural gas?"

He looked thoughtful, involved, so I continued. "It takes enormous amounts of power to create those fuels or charge that many batteries. Burning fossil fuels to generate power for alternative auto and truck fuels just trades one problem, one CO2 source for another. Nuclear is the only viable, available, and somewhat reasonably priced answer for clean, dependable power. Without damming rivers."

This was a pet subject of mine, so he had unwittingly played right into my hands.

He started to speak, then paused, frowning. He had turned out to not be such a bad guy, despite my first impressions. And that's a major concession from me when talking about any politician. "We can get our electricity from wind and solar, those are both proven technologies."

I laughed. "Yeah, proven to be extremely expensive and unreliable! Seriously Gerry, when a company steps up that can provide dependable, consistent solar or wind power, at a reasonable price, and - here's the kicker - without any taxpayer subsidies, I'll be their biggest cheerleader. And stockholder. So far nobody is even close, and may never be. It's the nature of the beast, it's just not always sunny or windy where and when you need it, and there is no way to store the energy, or transmit it long distances effectively."

I was so engrossed in the argument that I had momentarily forgotten all about Kristi, until I saw him look over my shoulder and watched his eyes widen appreciatively. Long, cold, wet hair touched my back, soon followed by a warm, firm body that I knew so well, and her arms came around me.

She kissed my shoulder and neck. "Hi baby, did you see me skiing? It was a blast, that boat is so damn fast, and Ty is great with it. I'm pumped!"

I smiled. I had known she would be, all of her senses and nerve endings firing from the vigorous and fast paced action. I pulled her up next to me and put my arm around her shoulders, squeezing her to me as we kissed. "I did babe, you looked amazing. Thought you were going to kill yourself on that one maneuver though, that was insane."

She laughed. "It was fun! A little closer than I intended, I think I drenched a couple of guys on the boat."

I laughed. "You sure did. But they deserved it, I'll tell you later. In the meantime, I'd like to introduce you to a real U.S. Congressman, Rep. Gerald Martin. Gerry, this is my fiancee' Kristi."

They shook hands, and he held onto hers. "Please call me Gerry, Kristi, it's a pleasure to meet you.' His eyes ate her up, running over her face and body with no trace of subtlety. While this demonstrated better taste and judgment than I would have expected from a politician, it was beginning to piss me off!

She pulled her hand free. "Really, a U.S. Congressman? Currently?"

He smiled and preened a little. "Yes ma'am, second term. My constituents like me!"

Kristi smiled. "Can I get my picture taken with you?"

He looked her over again and smiled proudly. "Sure, I don't know why not." He turned to one of his posse. "Frank, do you have a camera?"

Ronnie came up with one from somewhere and they both turned to face him. Kristi stopped them. "Can I be topless in the picture?"

The look on the Congressman's face was priceless! His desire to see her topless warred with his common sense and fear of the voters. "Uh, um, well, no, I don't think that would do at all! What if that picture showed up on the internet, or in the tabloids, that would be disastrous!"

Kristi appeared to consider that. "You're right, of course. I don't know what I was thinking! If my friends and associates ever saw me this close to a politician, why, I'd be ruined!"

Everyone around us, including some of his people, laughed. Ronnie was about to fall down, tears running down his face. Gerry chuckled uncomfortably, not sure if she was pulling his leg. I knew she wasn't; she detests politicians as a class, considering them a lower life form. I was hoping she would behave herself with someone of his rank, but should have known better.

She went on. "Well, never mind the picture then, if I can't go topless. Hey Gerry, what would you call it if we had five hundred politicians at the bottom of this lake?"

He looked at her and shrugged, frowning again. "I don't know, what?"

She gave him her prettiest smile. "A good start! Or water pollution, you can choose your favorite punchline."

He did his best to smile, shaking his head. "You'll understand if I say I'm not too wild about either of them, I hope."

Kristi just laughed as I winced inwardly and tried to pull her away, knowing she was enjoying her captive politician's discomfort far too much. She wasn't quite finished. "Adam, I expect this from him, but why would you be at a party with all these nice people and so many beautiful women and be sitting here talking politics?"

"Well, we weren't really talking politics babe, we were talking science."

She looked from him to me, and back at him. "Huh. That must have been a little like talking Shakespeare with a chimp."

Ouch! I pulled her away as Gerry laughed uncomfortably, trying to remain polite. I turned her over to Kori and Pam and walked back to apologize. "Sorry Gerry, I should have known better. She just has a thing about politics, she hates all aspects of it. It was nothing personal."

"It's OK Adam, it's not really that unusual. She was just extremely good at it! Such a gorgeous lady you have, but such a sharp tongue. Very quick mind though, she must be a lot of fun."

"You have no idea! She's not that way about most things, just politics and the people that practice it."

He laughed. "Makes me wish I'd followed my early instincts and become a fireman, it's what I wanted when I was five."

I chuckled. "Well, you would be much more widely admired. And men in uniform always get her hot, so..."

He laughed and we parted, promising to stay in touch but knowing we wouldn't. He had turned out to be a pretty good guy, for a politician. I returned to our little group and Pam immediately pulled me close, leaning against me, her large left tit crushed to my arm. Doug and Kori were also touching and flirting, and I remembered that she had jerked him off earlier, so they were understandably more intimate.

Kristi looked at Pam and I, noticing how close she was holding me and touching me, and smiled softly. That looked like trouble to me. "Hey Adam, I'm still wet and kind of cold, I think I'll get in the hot tub. Are you going to join me?"

"Sure, sounds good." I had of course noticed her erect nipples but hadn't considered that she might be cold. Duh.

Pam chimed in. "I think I'll come too, if that's OK."

Kristi replied. "Sure, the more the merrier!"

I glanced at the hot tub. There were several people already in it, but I thought the three of us could crowd in. If Kristi's take was true, it was destined to be quite merry indeed!

As we crossed to the hot tub, Kristi asked me why I had said that the guys at the rail had deserved the soaking she gave them. I laughed and started to tell her, but was interrupted by some of the people in the tub telling us that the price of admission was that we had to fetch drink orders for anyone that needed a refill. We laughed, but took orders from four people and decided that Kristi and I could handle it, so Pam was graciously allowed to enter the tub.

As we waited for Ron and Sandra to fix the drinks, I quickly finished explaining to her about the lewd comments of the three men, and how they had been wondering just who she might wind up with tonight, taking her infidelity as a given.

She looked at me. "You're right, they deserved it! Did that really bother you?"

I shrugged. "It was just guys, talking shit. We pretty much all do that kind of stuff."

"Yeah, I know, but did it bother you?"

I gave her another resigned shrug. "Yeah, a little I guess. It's no big deal, can we stop talking about it?"

She laughed. "We've got you all the way up the hill, now we just need to get you over that hump." I smacked her on the ass, hard enough to make a loud pop, and she jumped. "Oww, hey!"

"Well babe, I guess me getting over humps will depend on who you plan to hump." I was continuing to have a love/hate relationshipp with the whole idea, the idea of her - or possibly both of us - with other sexual partners. I seemed to break out in a hot sweat of arousal and a cold sweat of dread and jealousy every time the subject came up.

She laughed, rubbing her butt where I'd spanked her, and raised her eyebrows mischievously. "Does it depend on who, or on how many?"

That comment sent a brick to my belly and a tingle to my groin simultaneously, an odd sensation. Foolishly, I had never anticipated that she might consider multiple partners. Now I wondered if she was viewing this party as a giant buffet of willing males, cocks erect, just waiting for her to make her selection. Or selections. I had no clever response for her.

She laughed and tossed her hair back. It was drying rapidly in the desert air. "That look on your face was priceless! Did I shock you?"

"Umm, yeah you did, a little. Just when I was starting to think that nothing you could say or do would shock me anymore!"

She gave me her best sexy smile, the kind of smile that invariably fills my head with impure thoughts. "I hope we never get to that stage in our lives! I've still got a few tricks in my bag." As she said that she reached below the bar and ran her hand up the leg of my trunks, finding my cock contained within the mesh pouch, no doubt right where she expected it to be.

It made me jump, but it was probably a good thing she did it because I'd been about to make a stupid tricks/prostitution reference in response to her comment about tricks in her bag, which, in retrospect, was a very bad idea considering some of the names I'd called her when I had caught her cheating. It was also a very bad thing that she was groping me, because I felt myself begin to harden almost instantly. I knew by now that the Cialis in my system would cause me to harden quickly, to maximum hardness and size, and that it would be persistent. I tried to push her hand away, but she resisted.

"Come on Kristi, stop! Please?"

She laughed. "Did I shock you again? Is this against house rules or something? Wait, I'll find out." She turned her head and called out to Ronnie "Hey, Ron, is it against the rules of your fine establishment for me to play with my fiance's big cock while we wait for our drinks?"

Several people turned to look at us as Ron shook his head. I could feel myself growing red. Ronnie took right up with her. "Damn, woman, have you no sense of common decency? But no, it's not against our rules. In fact, it's encouraged!"

I muttered "Thanks so much Ronnie! Come on babe, the drinks are almost ready..."

Sandra came over and looked directly into my eyes, smiling brilliantly. I noticed that her eyes were so dark that I could barely make out the pupil against her walnut-brown irises, dark, mysterious pools. Considering Kori and Sandra, I had to admit that Ron has excellent taste in women. She spoke in her soft, cultured accent, addressing Kristi but never letting her eyes waver from my own. "I believe it is against our rules to do that without showing the rest of us what it is that so fascinates you." She leaned across the bar and looked down to where Kristi was squeezing and fondling the growing bulge in my trunks.

I took exception: "Oh no, uh-uh, we're not going down that road!"

Kristi was enjoying this, knowing how much she was embarrassing me. Of course, she could also feel how hard I was growing in her hand. "Oh come on Adam be a sport! Someone's got to be the icebreaker for this party!"

I shook my head, seriously not wanting to be there just then, as a woman's slurred voice from behind me said "Yeah Adam, come on, be a sport, show us some cock!"

I turned and looked. It was a somewhat heavyset dishwater blond, probably early forties, not unattractive but obviously very inebriated. Her husband, a paunchy, balding guy that looked older than her, was alternately glowering at her and me, as if this was my doing! I don't believe I'd met either of them; if I had, I'd forgotten.

Before I could respond to this assault another woman's voice, this time from across the bar, joined in. "Yeah, don't be a coward, whip it out! We promise not to laugh, don't we girls?" This time it was an older, slender brunette, probably close to fifty. Her husband was at her side, an amused expression on his face. I had met them; she was Elaine and he was Jack. Or perhaps it was Ellen and James. Eileen and Jerry? I knew it was something like that. Both were trim and looked fit and attractive, but were older than most of the other partiers.

stormdog
stormdog
192 Followers
12