Adam's Rib Ch. 01

Story Info
They meet again & he recalls a past fantasy.
4.5k words
4.67
11.3k
2
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/27/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: Ahoovah is the Hebrew word for beloved.

*

Chaya shifted again on the pew wishing that the Rabbi would hurry up. Normally she had no problem sitting through Shabbat service, but tonight she felt restless and edgy, as if something was about to happen, and she found it hard to sit through the meandering thought train of his reflection on the Torah portion. She lifted her eyes heavenward and begged; please can we make it through the rest of this sermon without another awful pun? She knew it wasn't likely. The Rabbi was an encyclopedia of bad puns and he never failed to drag out as many as he could get away with into the service. She groaned as he launched into another bad joke that the congregation had heard about twenty times in the last year. Chaya liked the Rabbi, when she'd moved to the city, she'd found that most of the synagogues were far more stuffy than the one she was used to, and he'd made her feel welcome at schul despite her bright pink hair and tendency to forget to change out of jeans into a skirt for services. He was a nice, well-meaning guy, if somewhat of a schmuck. She grinned as the Rabbi's youngest son snuck up onto the bima for his, surely staged by someone in the crowd, come on and wind it up dad routine and the service progressed.

"Tonight, I want to welcome the newest member of our congregation, a fine upstanding member of our community and the newest edition to Channel 9's news team, Adam Kohn."

Slightly embarrassed by the singling out, Adam half stood and gave a sheepish wave at the crowd of worshippers staring towards him. He felt a pair of eyes boring into him more than the others and turned to see an attractive girl, well woman he guessed since she looked about his age if he was right, with bright pink hair staring at him open mouthed. He wasn't sure what that meant, but he hoped it was good as despite the most un-adult selection of hair colour, she was quite pretty and somehow the pink seemed to suit her. Noticing that he'd caught her staring she quickly averted her gaze and he used her inattention to take in her body. She had a small heart shaped mouth, the sort that hadn't really gotten it's due since the days of Clara Bow, that sat above a strong angular chin; dark rectangular glasses; a small frame that was slender but quite curvy he could tell from the outline of her breasts in her grey blouse; and muscular, shapely legs that extended from her knee length black skirt with the feminine sheer overlay. He decided that he definitely approved of her staring at him, and he would be more than happy to oblige her if she wanted to stare at any more of him.

Chaya's jaw dropped open in shock as the Rabbi called the name of their new member and the man stood embarrassed and waved. "It can't be," she whispered aloud causing the woman next to her to look over. Chaya smiled at her quickly. There's no way, I mean what are the odds? There is no way that that is the same Adam Kohn, she thought to herself, but as she stared at him she knew it was. When he turned and caught her staring and looked back into her eyes, she was certain and quickly turned away. Somehow, for some bizarre twist of what had to be bad luck, Adam Kohn, her high school nemesis, had not only managed to move to the same city as she lived, some 1300 miles from the place they grew up, but was now the newest member of her synagogue. She groaned inwardly as she saw the embarrassing months of well-meaning yentas and even worse the always well-meaning, ever clueless Rabbi Benjamin trying to marry the two of them off to each other. That is if he's single. She thought, well, no, he must be single, he's here alone, and Rabbi B didn't mention a family or wife. Damn it why am I even wondering if he's married, it's not like I'm interested. She snuck a glance back at him, he's certainly changed for the better, she thought, taking in the new broadness of his shoulders, where his skinny frame had been filled in by adult muscle and the much smoother contours of his face where they had finally grown in around his prominent nose. The deep laugh lines remained around his mouth, giving the impression that he was always about to break into a grin remained as she'd remembered them and his thick black hair sat in short curls on his head in the way that had always made her want to run her hand through them to smooth them despite her dislike of the boy she had known.

"Ah, Chaya, come over here," Rabbi Benjamin motioned to Chaya, who was munching on a plate of carrots and celery in the Oneg hall. She never seemed to find time to eat on Fridays and so it had become a bad habit to eat a dinner of veggie platters and cheese at the Oneg after services, though right now it made her feel like a pig to have so much food on her plate while most people only had a few cookies and maybe a piece of cheese. Reluctantly she walked over to where the Rabbi was standing with Adam. "Adam, I'd like you to meet Chaya, she's also one of our newest members of Temple, she's an excellent writer." He said and immediately was gone, leaving his matchmaking to flourish.

"Really, what do you write?" Adam asked turning his attention to the flustered Chaya.

"Film reviews mostly, and a few screenplays that haven't been purchased."

"Oh, I don't suppose I've read anything of yours then." He said, immediately kicking himself for the stupidity of the statement. Real smooth Adam, he told himself, way to charm her.

Chaya stared at him; did he actually not recognize her? Or was he just being dismissive. "Oh, I rather think you've read a lot of it," she said with a little more of an edge than she meant.

"Really? Do you write a national column? Ebert's new partner?"

"You really don't recognize me?" she asked.

"Should I? I'm sorry that was rude. No, I don't think I know you."

Chaya laughed, it was a deep throaty laugh and Adam was immediately attracted to it.

"Ok, I give, where do I know you from?"

"Oh, no, I'm not telling if you don't know."

"Oh come on, give me a hint at least."

"Nope. Not a chance." She said suddenly mischievous now that she felt certain he didn't remember her and walked away to sit at a table and eat.

Adam racked his brain, there was something slightly familiar about her nagging at him, now that she mentioned that they were previously acquainted, but he had no clue where or when that could have been. He followed her to the table and sat across from her. "Come on, you can't just tell a person that you know each other previously and not let them in on who you are."

"You should remember your acquaintances then." She said, raising an eyebrow. "Oh all right, you can have 20 questions, yes or no questions and I will answer them truthfully, and if you guess who I am correctly I'll let you know, but that's as much as you get."

Chaya felt fairly confident he wouldn't be able to figure out who she was in only 20 questions if he didn't know by now where he knew her from or who she was, especially since she didn't even go by the same name now, she'd always gone by her initials EB, short for the hated Evelyn Brianna, while now she preferred to go by her Hebrew name Chaya. She kind of liked having the upper hand on Adam, she always had. They'd been in a good number of the same honours classes throughout high school, but their abject dislike of each other hadn't blossomed until their senior year when they both worked on the school newspaper. He was rude and pompous and frequently made her friend Emma cry because he was a chauvinist who thought that girls couldn't write sports stories. She'd always been picked on growing up and had developed a wickedly smart mouth and the feeling that she had to defend her friends against the verbal attacks of others, and so she spent the majority of the year attacking Adam with stinging and witty barbs whenever he opened his mouth. She smiled even now, remembering her coup de tas, in the school variety show where during an improv skit in the student matinee she'd done a scathing impression of him even invoking his name lest anyone not know exactly who she was parodying. It had been wildly popular and his inability to respond to any of her barbs with anything other than, "bitch" had increased tenfold after the incident.

Unlike Chaya, Adam couldn't bring up any memories of specific events or people from high school. It just seemed like a waste of time to him. It wasn't like high school was some rollicking great time to him; it was primarily an exercise in getting into a good university so that he could be a success when he was older. Hell, he couldn't remember a single girl that he'd fantasized about in high school. No, he thought immediately, that was wrong, there was one girl, EB. Fucking EB Johnson, she'd gone by damn initials like a boy. In fact, to everyone else in the school, she might as well have been a boy, if it weren't for the decidedly un-boyish set of tits she hid under baggy shirts and jeans. EB hung out with mostly guys, played sports, swore constantly, never gave any indication that she was interested in anyone male or female sexually and was quick witted and even quicker mouthed. It was her mouth that had propelled her into the position of being a vague memory of angry lust in Adam's all but high school free memory bank ten years after graduation.

Their senior year Adam was the sports editor for their school paper and EB an entertainment editor so they were forced to work in the cramped journalism lab on a daily basis. Adam had been something of a smug jerk in high school, hiding his social insecurities behind an ego and sense of superiority in the things he was good in. Unfortunately for him, EB hid hers behind an incredibly tart tongue and Adam made the mistake of saying something or other to his assistant editor, Emma, which made her cry. Emma was friends with EB and Emma's over-sensitive tears had signed some kind of war declaration against him in EB's view of things. After that, almost every comment or word he said in the paper post-mortems or class had been an open opportunity for her to lob sarcastic barbs in his direction, she'd even gone so far as to mock him by name in front of the entire school. Worse yet for him was that despite the fact that he thought he was a pretty quick-witted guy, in her presence he seemed completely unable to muster up any comeback other than, "bitch" to respond to her.

In all honesty his lack of witty retorts more than likely had less to do with a lack of quick thinking on his part and more to do with the fact that every time her smart mouth insulted him he had an almost uncontrollable urge to slam the door to the workroom, shove her up against it and shut her mouth by filling it with his tongue. From September until May almost every night his masturbatory fantasy involved her naked body writhing beneath his, her insults changed into lust driven cries of his name as he conquered her. His cock jumped in his pants even now when he thought about those fantasies. They always began in an ordinary everyday situation with her only at the point where he normally was so angry he just opened and closed his mouth like a fish and stormed out of the room, he would take control....

Adam stood at the counter in the narrow Herald workroom, waxing the last of the stories for the front page layout of the sports section. It was late and everyone else had finished work on their sections and gone home for the night, or so he thought. Out in the hallway he heard a female voice swearing, "No, I can't, I have to do the fucking entertainment layouts now. Jack fucking knows I have both practice and rehearsal this month, I don't know why he can't assign the damn pages to Jr staff or something, fuck." Adam rolled his eyes knowing that the voice and the predominance of the word fuck could only belong to one person, EB Johnson, the nemesis of his 18 year-old life. EB stormed into the workroom, and tossed her book bag next to the row of Macs. Adam stared as she pulled her sweatshirt over her head in the hot room. The motion caused her over-sized t shirt to rise up with the sweatshirt revealing the smooth pale skin of her abdomen as it pinched in from her wide hips to a narrow waist and over the bones of her ribs before she noticed and yanked it down. Tossing the shirt on top of her bag, she noticed Adam's stare and snapped, "What the fuck are you looking at?"

He wished he could think of something cutting to answer her, but the unexpected glance of her skin had distracted him and he turned back to his layout work. They worked in uncomfortable silence for a short time as EB deftly busted out her pages. He could admire her for that, her layouts were always well-proofed and smooth, but then she wrote most of the content herself because the other members of her staff were mainly taking the class for an easy grade and didn't bother to do more than the shortest most half assed articles, and EB was almost as much of a perfectionist as he was.

EB looked at one of his finished pages and snorted. "What?' He'd asked, knowing a barrage of taunts was headed his way.

"You're actually writing your column about that?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I am."

"Jumping right in with the scared little boys I see."

"It has nothing to do with being scared; women just don't belong on men's teams"

"Whatever, men like you are just afraid that if they let women compete they'll get embarrassed when they get their asses handed to them."

"Men like me?"

"Backwards Neanderthals afraid of women because they're insecure in their masculinity-"

"You're a bitch."

"You keep saying that, what's the matter can't read well enough to consult a thesaurus to get a new insult?"

"If women like you weren't so afraid of femininity they have to transform yourself into little boys maybe you'd get dates and stop trying to run men out of everything to prove something."

"Oh, right, because all women need is a date with a man to make them complete. They can't aspire to be something more than some arm candy."

Adam leapt for the one taunt he knew would infuriate her, "I forgot, you're all such dykes-"

That did it; EB lost her composure and slapped Adam across the face. It was not a soft slap either. She stared at the spot on his cheek where angry red ghosts of her fingers were rising from his pale skin and stubble. She was so transfixed by it and her anger that she didn't notice the way his eyes gleamed in anger and passion or the movement of his hand until he grabbed her wrist and shoulder and propelled her back into the door of the workroom slamming it closed.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" she snapped as he stepped into her, her eyes glittering in anger back into his.

"Shut up," he snarled before he lowered his head into hers and did it himself with his lips. EB had been about to snap at him as his lips closed in on hers. At the contact her brown eyes opened wide and her free arm rose to his shoulder to push him off her, but suddenly she didn't seem to have the strength to move him. Adam began to move his lips hungrily over hers, nibbling at her lower lip and running his tongue teasingly along it, surprised by the electricity that arced from her lips into his nerve receptors. His free hand dropped to the hem of her shirt and slipped up under it running along the skin of her waist and ribcage to find her left breast in its bra cup. She opened her mouth slightly in shock as his warm firm fingers slid into her bra and pulled her large breast free from its cup and began to stroke the soft sensitive skin. He took advantage of the moment to slide his tongue into her mouth. He smiled as she moaned slightly when he pinched her nipple, feeling it harden immediately as he rolled the nub between his fingers, and deepened their kiss.

EB couldn't figure out what was going on, all she knew was that all of a sudden she was in Adam's arms and he was kissing her, not just kissing her, but kissing her as though he meant to devour her and his hands on her body were making her weak in the knees. She fought to keep her body stiff and unresponsive under him, vowing that she would not kiss him back and give him the satisfaction of getting her to forget her dislike for him. She fought with his hands as he began pulling her t shirt up over her head, but this was his fantasy and the probability that in real life she would merely have slugged him hard in the face was not going to daunt him now. Shirt discarded, he took in the tantalizing planes of her body that always lay hidden under her loose clothing. The narrow shoulders, pale, translucent skin and small waist making her large breasts look even more surprisingly large, one nestled in the cup of her plain bra, the other loose as he had left it, the large pinkish brown nipple still hard an pointing out at him.

EB knew she should make her break now as he stared at her, his body not pinning her to the door quite so much. She should slug him and run, but she was transfixed by the gleam of desire in his dark eyes and she was too inexperienced with the heady mixture of anger and lust. Adam was surprised that she didn't bolt then and acting quickly, before she came to her senses, closed back in on her, once again barraging her soft lips with hungry kisses and running his hands over her arms and sides. He could feel slight tremors race along her body and some of the rigidity of her stance slip as his tongue teased hers trying to coax her to return the kiss, her eyes squeezed closed as she battled with herself to keep from responding.

Adam groaned grazing her lower lip with his teeth as his mouth left hers, only to seek out the soft skin of her jaw. He traced along it to her earlobe, where he nibbled causing a shudder to course through her and he smiled. "You don't have to be so stubborn, I can tell you want me," he whispered hotly into her ear.

"Fuck you," EB spat at him, her voice huskier with desire than she would have liked.

"Mmm, that could be arranged ahoovah."

"Do you even know what that means?" she tried as almost a last ditch effort to distract his libido. Adam merely raised his eyebrow and moved down from her ear leaving a trail of kisses and soft bites down the column of her throat as he made his way towards her breasts. EB's mind raced around his choice of a Hebrew word what was going on here? What did he mean by using it? It was then that Adam reached her breast and even her mind shut down. He heard the sharp intake of air as his tongue flicked across her erect nipple and as he sucked it into his hot, wet mouth he felt the slackening in her body that signified her giving in to her desire. She moaned and her hands came up to his head and buried in his black curls as he teased her heavy breast with his mouth and teeth, his hands reaching around her back to unhook her bra freeing her other breast to his assault.

EB, lost in the haze of sensations Adam's mouth was introducing her to, began tugging at Adam's shirt pulling it over his head and freeing the warm expanse of skin on his back that she suddenly long to feel. She mewled slightly as he pulled away from her breasts and began to kiss her again in earnest, the sensation of his bare chest against hers sending lightning bolts from her nipples straight to her quickly moistening sex. Adam moaned, his cock straining even more fully against his pants as EB hungrily kissed him back, her tongue mating with his, her fingers curling into his back as she pulled him closer. He slid his hands between their bodies, undoing the button and zipper on the front of her jeans, and reaching down into her panties past the tickle of her pubic hair and to the wet heat of her pussy. He was surprised at how wet he found her already and he stroked her moist folds and slid a finger into her tight pussy as she gasped into his mouth. When his thumb found her sensitive clit her knees nearly buckled and he smiled wickedly as he began circling the engorged flesh while sliding her slowly down the door to the ground.

12