Adela’s Ascent

Story Info
Teenager leaves home with money but no degree.
9.1k words
4.75
11.3k
7
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/28/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Adela Roma's mother Marianne ranted when her youngest daughter announced she'd decided not to go to university in Australia or even abroad.

As the sparks began to fly her father David intelligently yelled he was going for a walk and disappeared.

When David returned the house was still standing, nothing inside appeared broken and mother and daughter were in their respective bedrooms at opposite ends of the house, doors shut.

With dinner overdue, the lanky and greying David made two stiff gin and tonics and went to his self-perceived near-mortally wounded wife. Opening the door he said cheerfully, "Hi, want to eat out?"

"Yes, oh god, give me that drink and don't invite that little bitch."

They discussed the dilemma, the gin and husband's company calming her.

The expensively maintained Marianne drained her glass and looked at her David's half-filled glass. He handed over the drink and said wisely, "After all your years of dedicated input you are faced with this."

"Oh darling, thank you for your sympathy and understanding. I feel as if Adela has severely clubbed me."

David didn't want too much of this I-feel-so-sorry-for-myself performance. He stood and suggested, "Perhaps I'll have a quiet word?"

"Oh darling, would you? Perhaps we ought to take the little bitch with us."

David nodded, concealing his smile. That sounded like Marianne was getting use to the idea already – or it was the power of alcohol befuddlement working?

"I'll be back soon," he said reassuringly.

The vivacious Adela with her brown hair unwashed and neglected greeted him brightly.

"Hi dad, how much did it cost to send Nathan to university? Being an accountant that total sum will be imprinted in your mind. I recall you saying it was up 20% on what you spent on Jennifer."

David said approximately $68,000.

"You always said paying to put us through university was our entitlement dad."

"That's true."

"Well I told mom I'm not going to university. God, you would have thought I was telling her I was pregnant. She screamed and attempted to slap me but I was too quick for her. But she would have told you all that and now you have been sent to screw me down."

"Well, as..."

"Dad I'm still speaking. You are a businessman and here's the deal. If I went to university for four years the bill would top $75,000 easily. So I don't go to university. Instead I accept from you a gratuity of $15,000 a year for four years paid monthly, which means you end up at least $15,000 better off. Therefore be careful about taking mom's side on this one dad."

"Dad you know I articulate well and am pretty with oodles of confidence. I'm bound to do better without my degree than the majority of my girlfriends who get their degree. By paying me that stipend your conscience is left clear and you have more money left in your pocket. Further a stipend is better than me asking for the $75,000 to buy a business as soon as I graduate."

Looking at her stunned father she asked, "Is this the end of this conversation dad?"

"What will you mother say?"

"We don't tell her. You just say I could change my mind about not going to university and leave it up in the air and by the time I graduate from high school I will have worn her down."

David scratched his knee instead of his balls. "This is bordering on deception."

"I'm glad you raised that dad. I did note your emphasis on 'bordering'?

"Huh?"

"With that objection dealt with do you have any other misgivings? Of all the girls in my class who would you rate as the girl most likely to succeed, with or without a degree?"

"You pet."

"Oh daddy, I knew you'd come through for me. Has mom called me a little bitch?"

"Well, um, ah."

"Daddy, you're not very good at handling women. So take your instructions from me. Go to mummy now and say you have persuaded me to rethink my position and no way must you suggest you have tilted toward me. The words to say are 'you persuaded me to rethink' Have you got that?"

"Yes."

"Thanks. Now go and take her another drink and screw her and I'll order take-outs."

"Adela!"

"What?"

"Er we are all going out to dinner. I'll tell your mother the current issue is not up for further discussion at this point in time."

"At this point in time? God dad, why tack that useless pedantic phrase on to your sentences?"

"Search me."

"Do we have a deal on my stipend?"

"I'll let you know."

"Dad you should not discuss my proposal with mum because if you do she'll shatter you with her cutting verbiage. Just leave me in charge. Do we have a deal on my stipend as I outlined?"

"Yes."

"Oh thank you darling daddy. Do you want to play with my pussy?"

"Adela!"

Leaving that room at speed, David returned to Marianne with another drink.

"No I'm better now. You drink it. Those other drinks were stiff. So just how far did that little bitch twist you around her arse?"

"I believe I have negotiated a breakthrough. She's agreed to reconsider."

Marianne sighted and scratched an armpit.

"Oh yeah, that's progress," she said sarcastically. "Lock the door and let's screw. You know a hot argument always leaves me horny."

David pulled off his jacket and placed it on bedroom sofa. His wife already was down to her bra and panties. He undid his tie and as he placed it over his jacket Marianne called hoarsely, "Come on, what are you doing?"

"I'm coming."

"I trust you will otherwise I'll be furious."

Marianne grabbed him and pulled him on to her and grunted, "Coming get going."

David obeyed and he eyed the two big bloated breasts – few of the playful women at the office had real breasts like this he thought with pride

That was the stimulus David needed and had begun pounding his wife in the way she wanted.

They didn't kiss – she didn't like his five o'clock shadow at that time of day. Instead he was free to worry her breasts. At least she liked that.

David began to struggle and thought of Bellamy the new junior who had a great little arse. That took him over the top

"God, that was a great effort, putted his wife.

"Thanks Bellamy."

"What!"

David knew he'd just used a name that might have been acceptable in the build up to passion but not in Marianne's post-fuck mood. He had to seize a creative thought.

"Er Dansk Bell Amie is Custodian for 'You are very welcome'. I read it somewhere and hoped to remember it to use at an appropriate moment."

"Oh darling," how sweet, Marianne and they heard her stomach rumbling. "Toss me a towel darling and you shower while I get dressed. I'm starving."

David cringed when thinking his wife would be in the restaurant without panties and not having had a shower or at least douched. If Adela wrinkled her nose as said something likes 'What is that odour?' he'd strangle her.

As he showered David thought of what Adela had said to him earlier, 'Do you want to play with my pussy?' Adela ought to be sent to juvenile detention centre for a few weekends to be sorted out. No daughter should speak to her father like that and she knew it. Well he'd deal with her severely if she ever spoke to him like that again. At least he knew how to control her because she respected her father.

She was daddy's girl... he rather liked that title and everyone in the family knew that. He acknowledged Marianne had never tried to win over Adela's prime affection, knowing Jennifer had been mommy's girl and Nathan had similarly favoured her.

David, Marianne and daughter had started their mains when Adela said, "Mom, will you cope okay with your friends when you are forced by circumstances to say I'm not going to university?"

David looked at Adela in horror.

Marianne's face turned white and her fork dropped to her plate as she reached for her wineglass. She emptied it and David refilled it.

"So you little bitch, you've sewn up your father?"

"Oh come on mom, what else do you expect?"

Marianne's eyes searched for David's for support, but he was studying the tablecloth, chest heaving and thinking this was the kind of thing that gave ageing guys a heart attack. Feeling he had to show some support he reached over and placed a hand on his wife's thigh. She promptly grabbed it and thrust it up under her skirt as if to remind him where his loyalty lay.

Adela's parents waited for the sharp-ended attack from their daughter who could fight like an alley cat. But surprisingly – quite amazing really – Adela cut a piece of steak in in temporary silence.

"You know mom you win some, you lose some. I turn eighteen in thirteen weeks and no longer will be a young girl for you to love and pander and educate and discipline. I will be my own woman."

"At eighteen?"

"Yes," Adela said determinedly and David bleated. "And I will have lost my youngest child?"

"No," said his daughter cleverly, "I belong to both of you until I leave home."

David pulled his hand from his wife's pussy and placed that arm around her and pulled her against him, knowing Marianne would be all he had after his precious Adela left home to make her tiny splash on the world.

Had he acted responsibly in agreeing to the stipend? He thought so, a good dad gives his children what they want within reason and in this instance it had been reasonable request to end a looming stalemate.

Adela had hit him with a request and backed it with solid argument that actually was tipped in his favour financially and the cunning little bitch had known what would turn his mind.

Adela would plough on regardless in life whereas her brother a year out of university with a quality degree in psychology was managing a job placement centre on an unspectacular salary because he'd failed to find quality employment; Nathan's older girlfriend who'd left school at eighteen was on a salary 40% higher than Nathan's in managing the film equipment department for an advertising agency. Sister Jennifer was up and away working as assistant chief librarian at her university.

It appeared Marianne had pulled the trigger when asking how Adela would survive in such a competitive dog-eats-dog world. Now the truth about the financial support for Adela from her father would be tossed in Marianne's face and a plate-throwing outburst would erupt.

David cowardly looked for the closest escape route but to his astonishment his daughter simply said, "Have faith in me mom; just watch this space."

David hugged his wife tightly and said, "We have faith in you little darling. It is only right that each one of us should choose our pathway in life."

"Oh god, after all this time I find I'm married to a latent philosopher," Marianne sighed as if acknowledging defeat.

Adela smiled warmly at her father.

Five weeks later she graduated. She found temporary work and after her eighteenth birthday party, attending by all her family and her friends, most of whom were university-bound, she left town and headed north out of Melbourne to find her life.

* * *

Tired of traveling and working at lousy jobs that paid crap-all, Adela stepped off the bus in a small city called Michelle, a name that appealed; she was homesick and her best friend's name was also Michelle. She took a corner room in a cheap rooming house and went to bed without eating, being emotionally exhausted.

Adela awoke to find herself bathed in early morning sunshine and rising looked out of the window and stretched, thinking it was such a nice looking town, quite forgetting that even railways yards look great in the golden dawn.

With her belly grumbling for food Adela showered and went out for a meal. The chatty waitress called Pat asked was she passing through but Adela said no, she'd stay if she would find a job.

"What do you do?"

"I'm good at office work, word-processing and am especially good processing accounts and I enjoy working with people."

"So you don't have formal qualifications?"

"No apart from finishing high school."

"Look, stay here for a while," Pat said. "I have a break in a quarter hour and will phone my sister who works in a law office. They could have something."

"Thanks Pat. I'll look at doing anything to get myself settled here. It looks a pleasant town."

"It is. I work here morning and night and my day job is with the Council. My boyfriend and I are working to get enough money to buy a house and then we will marry. He'd holding down two jobs as well."

"Don't bust a gut but I admire your determination Pat and it's great you have a plan."

"Thank you Adela, I must go; there are tables to clear."

Pat Bishop made the call and at 10:00 Adela was at the offices of Benson Law waiting at reception to ask for Shirley Bishop; all three receptionists were occupied. A guy in his mid-forties in a snappy suit asked, "May I help?"

"I'm here to see Shirley Bishop about the possibility of a job."

The guy's grey eyes looked at Adela speculatively and then ran down her neatly dressed body to her shoes. "Shirley doesn't hire."

"I know. Her sister said if Shirley likes the look of me she'll do her best to find me a position. I arrived in town last night and like the look of Michelle and think it's such a lovely name for a town."

"I like red shoes but you are too young to know why?"

"You have a sexual perversion about red shoes?"

The guy flushed and grinned. "You know about male perversions?"

"I read a lot."

"What else can you tell me about yourself?"

Adela smiled and said it was a bit too early in the morning to be picked up.

"Perhaps you can lead me to Shirley. That way you'll be making yourself useful and earn yourself a big smile of appreciation from me. I know this will sound rude but if you continue loitering like this the boss might rap your knuckles."

"Yeah right; this way please young lady. Walk in front so I can study your backside."

"After you sir."

The guy grinned and led her through three offices to Shirley who was PA to the financial controller.

"Oh hi, good morning Pavin."

"This young lady is looking for a position in our office. After you've finished with her please bring her to me."

"Yes certainly Mr Benson."

Adela swallowed and said, "Oh god you're Mr Benson. But I said nothing I feel the need to apologize for."

"Of course you didn't." Pavin smiled. "I rather like your unafraid manner and the way you so openly express yourself. Ah well, I'm off to satisfy my next perversion. Actually it's an addiction called work."

The two women watched him walk off. As he reached the far door he turned and looked back. Shirley looked away and Adela waved and was surprised he waved back.

"Oh Adela, it's so lovely to meet you. Pat said you are an impressionable young girl and you certainly have made an impression on the boss."

"Is he the Benson of Benson Law?"

"Almost but that's his father who rarely comes into the office these days. I have some good news for you. There is a junior position available of being in charge of the photo-copying room. We scan every document that comes into the office. I think you appear far too bright and engaging for that position but take it, it's a start."

"Thank you Shirley but tell me, why does Mr Benson want you to take me to him after you have finished with me?"

"It possibly has something to do with your body. You are very attractive and have a great body. But you are perhaps two decades too young."

"Perhaps he's taken to my intelligence? We did talk a bit."

"Mr Benson interested in a female's intelligence – oh give me a break Adela.

They laughed.

"Look try to get the photo-copying job; I take it you can work photo-copiers and scanners?"

"Yes."

"Well come to our home for dinner tonight. I'll invited Pat and Rex. Dinner will be at 9:00 because they both work late."

Adela said that would be lovely.

"Do you mind taking me to Mr Benson before I sign on; my feeling he has something in mind for me."

Shirley looked concerned. "Look Adela, Pat said you are only about nineteen..."

"Eighteen."

"Omigod that's even worse. Mr Benson has just broken his engagement with the mayor's daughter Pamela. She is heading the latest campaign to get the name of the town changed from Michelle to..."

"That is absolutely ridiculous. Michelle is a beautiful name for this small, compact city. It's a travesty that anyone would want to do that. I've already told Mr Benson that Michelle is a lovely name for this city."

"Ah, no wonder you have struck a chord with Pavin."

Adela smiled and said that was better than Pavin wishing to rub his erection on her red shoes. Shirley gurgled in shock and led Adela to Pavin.

"God Adela, may I suggest you to tone yourself down a bit. This is a law office."

They knocked and entered Pavin's office.

He was on the phone and waved them to a seat and pointed to the coffee machine. Adela was at the machine before Shirley had decided what to do. Adela handed her coffee and placed one in front of Pavin who winked and returned with her coffee.

She whispered to Shirley, "You said he's not married?"

"Correct, he's divorced."

"Does he have objectionable ways?"

"He's actually rather nice."

"This is the big test Shirley, given the chance would you go to bed with him?"

Shirley looked a little angry.

"You can't ask an older woman, a married woman, a question like that Adela and keep your voice down."

"Quit stalling and answer the question Shirley. This is just between you and me, I promise."

"Yes," Shirley whispered, adding, "Oh god."

Pavin finished the call and thanked Adela for the coffee.

"What job were you offered?"

"The position of assistant in the photo copying room."

"And you've turned it down otherwise you'd be in HR signing on."

"No I'll take it if unless you present me with a better offer."

Pavin rubbed his chin. "And what makes you think I'll do that?"

"I saw the interest in your eyes when I answered you about my red shoes. And as we talked you became increasingly interested in me because I was quite unlike what you expected. You thought for someone who might be twenty..."

"Nineteen."

"... that I acted and spoke more like someone of thirty and you couldn't get out of your mind that I thought your interest in my red shoes was a perversion."

"Oh god," Shirley sighed.

"It would ease Shirley's mind and perhaps mine as well if you substituted fetish for perversion."

"Yes of course. You have an apparently fetish for red shoes I believe."

"Yes I do."

Shirley please take this young lady to Mrs James and asked her to test her for the minimum skills required to be a PA. I have someone waiting so if you please..."

"Yes but please allow me to clear the coffee cups," said Miss Efficiency. "By the way, I share your fetish."

Outside the office Shirley said almost breathlessly: "You meet the guy for five minutes and there's affinity between you – I can't believe it."

Adela smiled indulgently.

"I was called teacher's pet for most of my school years because of my ability to generate this so-called affinity. My father has an accountancy practice and is known as a tough bastard but his treatment of me is 'yes darling' and I've always heard people say I'm older than my years. I think that's bullshit. It's about attitude. Who will I work with if I pass this aptitude test?"

Pavin will be calling Mrs James now saying although the Job Search Agency talked him into allowing them to find someone with a partial legal qualification you will become his PA if you have the barest mechanical essentials."

"Me, Pavin's PA?"

"Yes Adela and I'm surprised I've surprised you. I saw it coming a mile away."

After Mrs James invited Shirley to sit in on the assessment for a second opinion, Shirley called her boss and said she would be away for an hour attending to the possible induction of a new PA for the boss.

An hour later Adela waited outside while Mrs James and Shirley looked at the score sheets of her test.