Adventure of Rekka Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, I get exactly what you mean. I'm happy for you, Sarah. It eases my conscience being an accomplice to happiness for a change," Bill replied. "Makes me feel better about being the worst thing that ever happened to most of the other people I run into.

The group shared a laugh at that, though Tabitha kept her mirth to a lashing tail and twitching ears. Life was good, they were winning, and most importantly Rekka was happy. He was bound and determined to make her life rich with companionship and filled with joy. If that meant he had to carve a path of destruction across this world he'd do it with a smile on his face and a bounce in his step. If he kept making friends at this rate he'd soon have an army at his back to maximize the damage.

"I almost feel sorry for all the people we're going to fuck over while we have the time of our lives," Bill stated cheerfully. He hugged Rekka to him as he watched the soldiers trudge back to the walls, looking forward to their outrage.

"Speaking of which, this ought to be fun," Bill quipped, waving his limbs as he hopped on his toes to loosen his muscles while he considered the best way to irritate the captain.

"Who goes there?" Bill called, sounding like he'd seen this all before and was bored of the repetition.

"You damn well know who I am! Open the gates, Lieutenant Cornelius has much to answer for," Captain Dulius snapped back with the confidence of a man who believed he was still in charge.

"Off with you, beggars. You'll find no charity here," Bill jeered at them, shooing them off with a dismissive wave.

"What? You stupid little fool, do you realize who you're talking to? I'll have the flesh flogged from your bones! Open the damn gate, no more nonsense!"

"Will you keep it down? People are trying to sleep back there. This gate is staying closed, throw all the tantrums you like. I've got my orders. Talk to my boss when she gets back," Bill called down. He leaned into the merlon and began stargazing, ignoring the incredulous soldiers.

"What in the devil is going on? Have you lost your mind? Let me speak to Cornelius," Dulius called with frustrated impatience.

"Never heard of him. If you want I can get my boss up here, but I don't think you'll like what she has to say. Got a real fiery reputation, if you take my meaning," Bill called, "Maybe you should just come back later. If you need lodgings I hear Fort Carcere is nice this time of year."

Captain Dulius went absolutely apoplectic at that, beyond words as he pointed up at Bill, trying to hang him for insubordination through willpower alone. Bill decided it was a good time to reveal exactly what sort of trouble he'd served up for them. He beckoned Rekka over and held onto her hand protectively as she hopped between two merlons to leer down at the milling soldiers. The hellfire in her eyes was unmistakable, terror spreading through the assembled soldiers like wildfire. The fact that a hellhound was standing at ease on the walls that had promised safety only moments ago sent morale plummeting into the abyss.

"Man wants to speak with you, Boss," Bill reported. Rekka's laughter pealed out, lifting BIll's spirits as it crushed those below.

Captain Dulius stared at Rekka, his mind thrown into absolute confusion. He wondered for a moment if they had gotten lost in the dark and arrived at the wrong fortifications. His attention wandered to the men around him, perhaps he was the target of a prank. Surely this could not be real.

Bill felt pity for him then, liking it better when he turned red and shouted outraged demands. He waved Scipio, Sarah, and Tabitha over to hammer their position home. The arrival of two more of the enemy upon the walls did not come close to matching the horror of seeing Lieutenant Cornelius standing calmly between the two.

"Welcome back. As you can see there have been some changes since last we met," Scipio called down with unruffled courtesy.

"Scipio, what have you done?" a sergeant demanded, dismayed.

"I won't insult you by trying to explain my actions. Know that we do not desire your deaths, comply with my orders and you will not be harmed," Scipio replied. The accusing eyes of his former comrades were nearly unbearable. The knowledge he was working towards a better future was cold comfort next to his present treason. Sarah placed a supportive hand on his back as she sensed his distress. Bolstered by her presence, Scipio soldiered on.

"You will be allowed entry once you relieve yourself of your weapons. The choice is yours, you are free to leave and I promise you we are uninterested in chasing you down. Discuss it amongst yourselves, but try not to take too long." Scipio nodded to Sarah.

She loomed over the wall, glaring down at the milling men below for a few moments. Turning her attention to the treeline at their rear she thrust her first into the air.

"WAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

She and her girls had taken to the new battlecry with great enthusiasm. While it undoubtedly raised their spirits the true appeal came from the sense of the absolute rightness they experienced as it rang out.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Her girls answered her challenge with savage enthusiasm and she reacted with a victorious smile glowing with a terrible fierce pride. Scipio found her beautiful beyond description at that moment, her untamed exuberant spirit a contrasting compliment to his disciplined professional nature. Only through an ever ready capacity for directed violence did they find common ground. Any shame he felt for his actions melted away as his loyalties came into sharp focus. His life of fighting for an indefinite cause without end was over.

Any thought of escape was rejected by the soldiers, the forest was obviously filled with an army of orcs. They dearly wanted to have the solid walls between them and the monsters lurking just out of sight.

"Should you refuse our hospitality I wish you safe travels. If you have decided to join us, please gather your arms together a safe distance to your rear. Announce your readiness once you have finished," Scipio ordered.

"Don't try to sneak a blade in, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. All three seconds of it," Bill threatened, slipping effortlessly into the role of bad cop.

Wordlessly the defeated soldiers obeyed, thoughtfully piling their weapons a reassuringly safe distance from the gates. Captain Dulius was seated forlornly in the dirt before the gate. He appeared to be staring into his hands trying to find meaning to this madness. One of the sergeants gently divested the man of his sword and added it to the pile. Waving curtly to Scipio he returned to the captain's side. His fellow sergeant took the other flank and together they lifted him to his feet. The man seemed to focus then, pulling his arms away with a quiet world of thanks. Glaring up at the figures on the wall he prepared himself for what came next.

"Hold your damn horses, what's your rush?" Bill yelled down, further confusing them for no reason beyond finding it amusing. Nodding to the women he skipped down the steps. Quickly making sense of the gears that would open the gate Bill took a moment to confer with his beautiful and dangerous friends.

"This should be simple enough as long as no one tries to be a hero. I'd appreciate it if you three remained close, try and corral them into that open area. We'll have them sit there like good little boys until reinforcements arrive. I'll give them the orders, but I'm going to stay well out of their reach. There's no way in hell they'll try going hands on with you beauties, but it's a fair bet they might try their luck on me. I don't want some idiot setting off a riot. Just keep them packed together and let Sarah do her thing. Fighting will be the last thing on their minds soon enough."

The women nodded, not at all concerned about the situation. Bill could only agree. Without weapons they were about as threatening as toddlers to the mamono. Stepping over to the winch he wound the chain back with ease. Normally this would take two men, one on either side of the gate. Bill had no issue handling it alone. He stopped once the gate rose to the minimal height a man could crouch and shuffle through, a lever snapping into place to keep the chain in position.

"Well, don't just stand there, come on in. No pushing now, plenty of room for everyone. Find a seat near my beloved wife, she's got those beautiful eyes. Can't miss her. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves, but don't wander off," Bill announced enjoying Rekka's cocky strut as she herded the prisoners into place. Once everyone was in and seated between the watchful eyes of three extremely dangerous Mamono he allowed himself to relax.

"Damn I'm good," he muttered cheerfully to himself as he turned back to the gate, quickly winching it fully open. The soldiers grew agitated, but the mamono assured their good behavior.

Bill strolled out the gate, really beginning to appreciate the victory now that everything was wrapping up. He was getting pretty good at Grand Theft Fortress. Waving his hand casually he yelled into the trees.

"Mission accomplished, come on in! Drinks are on me!"

Before he finished figures could be seen exiting the tree line and heading his way. Bill looked around, a heady feeling of accomplishment filling him with excited energy despite the late hour. Now they had a place to call their own.

A name for his new acquisition came to him in a flash, forcing him to dismiss with regret his first choice of Billtopia. Rekkapolis was a close second, but he figured he'd have plenty of opportunities for slapping immature labels on captured settlements as he continued his campaign of confused terror.

The new name was far too appropriate, nothing else would do. For now his friends and loved ones had found a safe place to rest and recover in relative security.

Bill smiled as his friends and allies drew close, fondly calling out a warm invitation.

"Welcome to Asylum, enjoy your stay."

1...67891011