Adventures of the Cohort Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Soebek110
Soebek110
279 Followers

Bloodcove was a hive of activity. Everywhere he looked, people stood, thronging together in the dark streets. Smoke from fires and chimneys hung low in the air, giving the scene a foreboding look despite the bright sunshine. Drunks spilled out from tavern doorways, and Mikael could not help but get the impression that Bloodcove was overfull, bursting at the seams. That's what success will do, I suppose, he thought to himself with a third grimace.

He eyed the setting warily as they stepped onto the main street. Numerous groups of men stood huddled away from one another, clearly crews of different ships and just raring for a brawl. That was not something he wanted to get dragged into.

Of more pressing concern were the bawdy looks that his companions were drawing. Even through their cloaks, it was obvious that his Sisters were finely formed women, and Mikael could well understand that in a town such as Bloodcove there would be many sex-starved sailors eager for release. They would not find it from his Sisters, of course, but that wouldn't stop them trying. Confident as he was in his Sisters' abilities to fight, he did not want to end up embroiled in a battle with the entire citizenry of this pirate town.

"Where are we going?" he hissed to the group, staring daggers at a party of sailors who edged slowly out into the road as they approached. The sailors retreated slightly, but Mikael was aware of their stares following him and his Sisters as they passed.

"To a tavern," Kristine responded. "Where better to find out information?"

"We've passed taverns," Mikael whispered. "Why not try those?"

"Not just any tavern, Mikael," came the response. "Those are for the lowly sailors. We will find nothing but sordid looks and trouble there. No, we need to go somewhere of decidedly higher ranking. There we'll find out something useful."

Mikael stood straight and gritted his teeth. He kept a watchful eye on the surroundings, but as they began to climb the hill that led deeper into the town, the rabble around them grew ever so slightly better dressed. They drew fewer and fewer angry looks, although Mikael was aware that just as many people were staring at his Sisters' shapely forms as were doing so closer to the docks.

At length, they stopped. A tavern stood before them, a large man in the doorway and a dull roar emanating from within. This was clearly the place his Sisters' had chosen, and Mikael stood tall. They would need their wits about them here.

They approached the doorway, and the man moved to block their path. He said nothing, and Kristine pressed a small pouch of gold into his hand. He regarded her coldly, stared at the pouch, shrugged, and then moved slowly out of the way. Kristine pushed open the door, and Mikael was washed with a wave of stale sweat and ale, and the sounds of drunken revelry.

"Fantastic," he muttered, then walked through.

His companions turned a few heads as they entered, well-dressed sailors studying them closely through their cloaks. They did not draw as much attention as Mikael had feared, however; a clear advantage of choosing an establishment with money was that it attracted the women that those very sailors so desired. Anyone here looking for a good time did not need to ogle women entering the tavern, as he would soon enough find a busty wench sat on his lap and willing to do almost anything if the gold was available.

"What now?" Mikael asked over the noise.

"We find out what's going on," Kristine said with a smile. "We need to ascertain why these pirate attacks have increased, why the merfolk are attacking ships and who is powerful enough to keep this all in check."


"You think we can find all that out here?" Mikael returned, slightly surprised.

"Of course," Kristine responded. "These people are powerful. More so than the sailors on the docks, at least. They'll know the answers."

"And what makes you think they'll tell us?" Mikael asked. "Their secrets are probably precisely that. And most of them don't look like they're short of money."

"Short of money they may not be," Kristine responded with a wide smile. "But I can guarantee you that spending months at sea leaves these men a little desperate for some quality... company. They may be overwhelmed with whores here, but I'm sure they yearn for something a little more refined."

"You're going to flirt with them to gain the information?" Mikael said, a little shocked.

Kristine grinned. "Why not? A man's weak point is his loins, after all. You of all people know that, Mikael, and I intend to exploit it."

"Well be careful. I don't want anyone getting hurt."

"We'll be fine," Kristine reassured him. "I'm sure I speak for all my Sisters when I say that none of us actually wants to sleep with these disgusting pirates. So, we simply won't. But some casual flirting can be a very effective way of extracting information."

"It wasn't my Sisters I was worried about," Mikael replied. Kristine laughed.

"You must take Quintia elsewhere," she said. "For all of her talents, blending in is not one of them. I fear that in present company her Sensei nature may cause more problems than her beauty would solve."


"What about Ria'torr?" Mikael posed. "Surely an elf won't be inconspicuous, either?"

"You'd be surprised," Kristine said, motioning towards the corner. Ria'torr sat there, chatting animatedly to a group of enraptured sailors. "She can be very good at this."

Mikael looked around, to see Lucinda and Quintia standing together by the bar. Quintia turned to him and smiled, before walking over. She extended her hand, and Mikael took it. A sign of ownership around these parts, Kristine explained. It would prevent any hassle from sailors looking for fun.

"Where are we to go?" Mikael asked Kristine as she moved to turn away.

"Out of here, down a small alley, is a clean, safe lodge. It's not well known, and it's not well-frequented. You'll be undisturbed there. Get a big enough room for all of us, though I have no idea when we will return."

"How the hells do you know about this lodge?" Mikael asked with a broad smile.

"I've been here before, remember?" Kristine winked back, pressing a small pouch of gold into his hand. "This will pay for the room. And now, I must get to work."

She grinned and turned away, immediately latching on to a passing sailor, who looked absolutely delighted at the attention. Mikael smiled as he and Quintia left the tavern. That sailor might look delighted, but he wasn't actually going to get the chance to indulge those fantasies that his mind was clearly formulating.

Poor bastard, Mikael thought to himself with a grin.

*****************************

The lodge was indeed out of the way; it had taken Mikael and Quintia more than a little while to find it. Despite listening to Kristine's instructions, Mikael had still assumed that it was somewhere near the main street that they had been on. He was wrong, and in actuality it was not just tucked away down a side street, it was virtually buried in a maze of alleys.

The Hidden Diamond seemed a very apt name to Mikael as he pushed open the door and they stepped through. In contrast to the dirty, scabby nature of the town, the entrance to this lodge was clean and well-furbished. Even the rich tavern they had just been in was not as nicely decorated as this. He blinked as a strange feeling passed over him.

A plump middle-aged woman wandered into view, and his mind refocused on the task at hand. She smiled at them, and moved to stand behind the table that faced the doorway.

"Good afternoon," she said pleasantly. "How can I help you here at the Hidden Diamond?"

Mikael smiled back. "I was looking for a room. Do you have any?"

"We have plenty of space for the discerning customer, and I can tell the two of you are discerning enough."

Mikael nodded. He suspected she said that to all her customers to make them feel special. "Thank you. There are six of us overall. Do you have a room large enough?"

"Yes, I have a room right here that's just perfect for six people." The woman leafed through a thick book then marked a particular page, and Mikael couldn't help but notice the way she eyed Quintia with something approaching familiarity.

Quintia stepped forwards, extending her hand for the key, and the woman dropped it into her palm with a smile. The Sensei then turned to Mikael, and nodded insistently towards the lodge owner. It took him a moment to realise what she was implying, but he had soon pulled the pouch of gold from his pack passed the appropriate amount to the innkeeper. She took it, a glint in her eyes, and he was slightly unnerved by the strange way she cradled the clinking coins.

"Your room is on the top floor," she said with a smile. "That is two floors up. Do not worry about being disturbed. As I said, we take only discerning customers here. You will be safe."

Mikael thanked her and turned to the staircase. Quintia began to climb it, and he soon followed. The woman watched them go with an odd smile on her face, and Mikael was sure he heard her begin to sing as they ascended the stairs.

They reached the first floor, which consisted of a long corridor, much longer than the small entranceway to the lodge had suggested. At least ten doorways could be seen in the wall, each, Mikael supposed, leading to a room.

To their left was another staircase, and Quintia turned to mount it. This one was much steeper than the first, and Mikael realised as he climbed it that his face was very close to Quintia's extremely shapely ass. He wondered if she realised, too, because her hips certainly wiggled more than they normally did. His guess was confirmed when the words "enjoying the view?" shimmered into being on her supple rear. He laughed.

They soon reached the top, and he followed Quintia to the only doorway on the small landing. She stood before it, and gently placed her hand flat on its surface, closing her eyes and standing there a moment. When she was done, she looked at Mikael patiently. He didn't move, and with a playful roll of her eyes she grabbed his wrist and brought his hand to the door. Realising what he should do, he copied her, placing his palm flat on the wooden surface. An odd feeling pulsed through him, and it was all he could do not to pull his hand away.

The feeling passed, and he looked at Quintia quizzically. She grinned, and opened the door. A very large room extended before them, nicely decorated and furbished with six huge, plush-looking beds. Light poured in through the numerous windows on the wall, and lamps were dotted around strategically that could be lit when needed. Mikael stepped in, surprised at the opulence, and Quintia shut the door behind her.

You look surprised, she said, the words glowing in the room. Did you think we would sleep in the street?

"I'm not sure what I thought," Mikael laughed. "No, I suppose I didn't think about it at all. After the boat yesterday, I guessed we'd find anywhere we could."

As if we would, the words glowed again, a grin on Quintia's face.

"I suppose," Mikael said. "Though I must admit I am surprised at this place. I didn't expect to find so nice a lodge in a pirate town. Especially not one so clean and quiet as this one. But then again, this place isn't entirely normal, is it?"

Quintia grinned, her body shaking with silent laughter. You've noticed then.

"How could I not!" he laughed. "Twice now there's clearly been something of a spell cast on me. Once as I entered the lodge, and again just now."

Your magical sensitivity serves you well, Mikael. Yes, you did encounter enchantments. The second was a standard security spell; most expensive taverns and inns will have something similar. It helps prevent robberies and unwelcome guests.

"I wouldn't know. I've never stayed in an expensive lodge before."

The first, however; that was rarer. It was a glyph of judging. You may have heard of them? They can be carved into any entranceway, and, if infused by a powerful enough mage, they can be very effective at keeping away intruders. The maker merely sets their mind to specific criteria - in this case an honest, respectable individual - and then the glyph only allows people meeting that description to pass. Often, such glyphs even go so far as to hide the entranceway from those they do not wish to pass through it.

"A glyph of judging?" Mikael asked. "I think I may have come across those, though they are decidedly more difficult than any spells I am yet able to cast."

That is not surprising, Mikael, and don't take it too hard. There are very few mages in this world who can create them effectively.

"I bet you're one of them," Mikael grinned.

Quintia beamed back. Of course!

"That still doesn't explain what this place is doing here. The glyph explains why it's still in such good condition, and that's helped I suppose by its hidden location, but why the need for it at all?"

We're not the only ones who come to Bloodcove with decent intentions, Mikael. Sometimes nobles and their employ come here; some to gather information, others to reclaim rare items. You also have people who monitor the activities here; the corsairs of Bloodcove are not as secret as they sometimes believe. There are things in Bloodcove that appeal even to the rich and respectable, and no one from that standing would risk staying in a normal tavern.

"And you've been here before," Mikael grinned. "Kristine knew where this place was, and the owner recognised you."

Well, we're not an easy group of people to forget, are we?

"Most definitely not," Mikael agreed with a laugh. "Five gorgeous women looking for a gigantic room. And what a room it is."

Mikael wandered deeper into it, shrugging off his pack and cloak. He dropped them onto the closest bed, appreciating how comfortable it looked, then unhooked his swords and dropped those, too. After doing so, he pulled off his heavy boots, before moving over to the window and staring out. The view was surprisingly good, and Mikael suspected this was another magical trick of the lodge. They looked down over the hill, the docks splayed out before them and the sea stretching to the horizon. Despite the ugly nature of the town, the scene displayed was quite pleasant.

Mikael turned away from the window, and saw Quintia standing by the bed next to his. She, too, had taken off her cloak and boots, and was removing uncomfortable items from her pack. Mikael watched as she unclipped the small, ornate dagger that usually hung by her waist, leaving her wearing only her flowing robes. They looked pristine despite the awkward journey, and she was as beautiful as ever.

She grinned mischievously at Mikael as she caught him watching, and his eyes ran up and down her body. Her blue robes hugged her slender form tightly, highlighting her trim waist and long legs. Her large breasts pushed enticingly outwards, constrained in the tight dress, and her cobalt blue hair fell neatly to her shoulders. Mikael walked slowly towards her.

"Well," he said, moving in front of her and gently resting a hand on her ass. "Our Sisters said they may be a while, and so we have time to kill. I can't think of anything to do, though."

Quintia raised an eyebrow at him with a wicked smile, and placed her hands on his shoulders before wrapping her arms loosely round his neck. She stepped forwards, and Mikael placed his other hand on her back.

"I mean, I suppose we could look out of the window," he continued. "Or maybe go for a walk."

Quintia leaned forwards, and her face was no more than two inches from Mikael's own. She stared into his eyes, and her sweet breath washed delicately over him. Her lips were twisted into a grin as she listened to him, and her gem sparkled brightly. Her body pressed gently against Mikael's own. They stood there a moment, staring into one another's eyes, before Mikael again broke the silence.

"Also, that nice woman downstairs might want some company," he whispered with a smile. "Perhaps we can go and talk..."

His voice was cut off as Quintia kissed him, leaning in quickly to stifle his chatter. One of her hands grasped the back of his head, gently grabbing his hair, and she pressed her body into him much more firmly. He, too, pulled her closer, the hands he had so delicately placed on her back and rear now intently drawing her to him, and they kissed passionately. Their tongues danced in one another's mouths, and Mikael gently ran one hand up and down Quintia's back, the other still tightly planted on her ass.

They held each other very close, Mikael's hand stroking Quintia's body, and her own gripping him tightly. Their kiss was long and fervent, and they stood for a while enjoying the feeling of the other's lips pressed against their own.

At length, Quintia broke the kiss. She stared at Mikael with lustful eyes, her gem sparkling with a faint blue hue. He had begun to learn the differing colours of her jewel and the moods they indicated she was in. Blue was most definitely the best one, he had decided.

Mikael raised the hand stroking her back and placed it delicately on the nape of her neck. He pulled her closer again and they kissed once more, their tongues lightly brushing. This time, however, they did not merely stand there. Mikael placed both hands on her back, at the clasp that held her dress together. He gently unhooked it, and it came away, causing her robes to become loose.

Her hands, too, did not stay still, dropping to undo the knots of his leather chestpiece and gently tug it upwards. Their kiss broke so that she could pull it over his head, and soon he was standing topless in front of her. He leaned in and kissed her neck gently, carefully pulling open the back of her dress.

She raised her head as he tugged the dress forwards, over her smooth shoulders, and slowly lowered it to the ground. Her large breasts fell free of the tight garment, and he began to lightly trace his tongue over her chest.

Mikael let go of the dress, letting it gradually slide down her perfect body with its own weight, each inch revealing more of the smooth, flawless skin that he yearned to explore with his tongue. Quintia ran her hands over Mikael's exposed back, before clutching her dress and forcibly throwing it the rest of the way to the ground. She stepped out of it and kicked it away, now standing naked in front of Mikael as he kissed her chest and neck.

He stood again, looking once more into her light blue eyes, and yet again pulled her close to him. Her body felt wonderful pressed against his own, her breasts pushed firmly into his chest. Their lips grazed, before they kissed more deeply, and Mikael's hands roved over her stunning naked figure. He lightly stroked her blue hair as his other hand explored her trim form.

Quintia broke the kiss, and Mikael leaned forwards as her hand returned to the back of his head once more. He took hold of her right breast, flicking out his tongue and caressing the tip of her nipple. Mikael heard her breathe in sharply, and her grip tightened on his hair as he sucked.

As he had previously found when making love to Quintia, her lack of noise was strange. He could hear her ragged breaths, and see the look of lust and pleasure in her eyes, but she made no noise. There were no moans, no quiet sobs of ecstasy or screams of rapture: just a sparkling blue gem that gradually grew brighter and brighter as her pleasure built.

He switched breasts, focusing the attentions of his marauding tongue on the other, whilst his free hand gently squeezed her ass. Quintia's hands ran up and down his naked chest and back, her fingernails lightly scraping his skin in pleasure.

Eventually, he stood straight again, and they shared a quick kiss. Before Mikael could take it any further, though, Quintia had pulled away, looking at him with lust in her eyes, and grabbed his shoulders. She guided him to one of the free beds, and gently sat him down on the edge. Mikael took the time to fully appreciate her beauty as she stood naked, light pouring in over her wonderful form.

Soebek110
Soebek110
279 Followers