Adventures of the Cohort Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Soebek110
Soebek110
279 Followers

"Very well," the maid grimaced, stepping aside and waving them in. "I shall go and wake him."

Mikael shook off his cloak as the maid shut the door, studying her as he did so. She was a pretty young thing -- not beautiful, but exactly the sort of girl he'd have been spending his nights with only a few months ago. She caught his eye as she marched past, not a hint of welcome or friendliness in her glare. Her lips did not crease into even the smallest smile. Well fuck you then, he thought, his own stare growing cold.

He watched as she strode up the staircase, and looked around the room. It was resplendent in oak and gold, myriad glittering weapons adorning the walls, and a great stone kitchen extending beyond the hallway. Clearly a man of great wealth and taste lived here.

"You may come upstairs," the maid called to them from the landing, not even deigning to return down to speak with them. They trudged up the wooden staircase, still dripping water, and the maid held open alarge door at the end of the hallway. They entered, nodding to her as they went passed.

A pleasant looking elderly man greeted them, propped up in bed. The curtains were drawn, and a single candle lit the room, though Mikael was reminded of the rain as it spattered loudly against the window.

"Greetings, I am Hammond. How may I help you, my... damp friends?" he asked, a grin spreading across his face. "As I'm sure you have been told, I am not selling my wares today."

"Actually, we did not come to buy your wares. We came to disucss them." Lucinda took a seat as the old man gestured for them to.

"Oh?" he replied, an indecipherable look flitting across his face.

"They don't work," Melissa said abruptly, a hint of anger in her voice. "You're putting the lives of everyone in this village at risk by selling them."

The man looked aghast. "Excuse me, and what do you mean?"

Lucinda shot Melissa a glare. "She means that your goods are not effective at repelling vampires. We were attacked last night in a house protected by your own garlic."


"I am shocked to hear this," he said, slowly looking at the three of them. "I can only assume that the garlic's magic had been exhausted repelling an earlier attack."

"No," Lucinda corrected him. "The garlic had no magic in the first place. Garlic does not work."

"I assure you, it does," he said, looking slightly annoyed. "And do you know how I know?"

"How?" Mikael asked, curious as to this man's insistence. He certainly believed that his goods worked, or was a very convincing actor.

"Because I was bitten by vampires as a young adventurer," he said, his eyes narrowing. "It is what forced my retirement from the trade, though not before I'd made my fortune."

"Then why are you not a vampire?" Melissa asked, her own interest piqued. Her anger seemed to have cooled as she realised this man was not malicious, only misinformed.

"The Gods protected me," he said, his eyes closing as if in silent prayer. "They rid my blood of the vampiric taint, and I was cured. Though even the Gods could not eradicate the curse entirely; I am still harmed by sunlight, and thus must stay indoors during the daylight hours."

"We have experience with vampires, too," Lucinda stated. "And I can assure you that garlic does not work."

"Being a vampire for a short while allowed me an insight into their minds," Hammond replied. "Garlic was one of the things that I learned about them. I am merely trying to aid these townspeople."

"Well do not do it by selling them faulty wards," Mikael said firmly. "I do not doubt that your intentions are good, but garlic does not work. Sunlight and sharp weapons do, but nothing else."

"You seem determined to make me change my mind," Hammond sighed. "But perhaps you are right. My memories may have addled with age. If you insist, I shall stop selling the wares -- I would not want the people of this town to come to any more harm through falsely assuming they were protected by my goods."

"Thank you," Lucinda nodded graciously, standing.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" he smiled back.

"Not yet, but I suspect your insight may prove valuable," his Sister responded.

Realisation dawned on Hammond's features. "Ah, you are the adventurers of whom the Mayor spoke. I would have taken your words to heart much quicker had I known of our similarities. How I envy you, making your mark on the world in the name of riches and adventure."

"Indeed," Mikael smiled back. Justice and righteousness, more like, he thought to himself.

"Please, if you need anything more, do not hesitate to ask," Hammond added as his maid reappeared at the door. "Jenna will show you out."

"Thank you again, sir," Melissa said as she turned to leave.

Hammond smiled pleasantly. "It was nothing. I hope you get to the bottom of this."

*****************************

Mikael reclined on his bed and stared into the fire. Its warmth washed over him, filling the room and making it a rather pleasant place to be. Outside the window it was a cold, clear night. The square was lit up with starlight, but most of the street lanterns were out. Those whose job it was to keep them lit were not going to venture out into the open after dark.

He closed his eyes briefly, wondering how Lucinda was faring in her search. It was her shift out on the dark streets, and at that moment she was out in the town somewhere attempting to track down clues that would lead them to the vampires' lair.

"Everything alright?" Melissa asked, breaking Mikael's reverie.

He opened his eyes to see Melissa stood in front of him in her toga, her wonderful form showing through as a silhouette from the fire which burned behind her. The brunette's gorgeous soft face smiled at him, and her wavy hair fell to her back and slightly over both shoulders.

He smiled slightly to see such beauty and sat more upright, crossing his legs as he did so, his Sister moving to sit on the edge of the bed and turning her face to talk to him. Her huge breasts pushed outwards from her garment in profile, and Mikael couldn't help but stare. She grinned at him, and playfully swatted the air in his direction.

"You need to lighten up," she smiled. "I know that you are worried for your Sister, but Lucinda will be fine. She's got a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Besides," she added with a wink, "if you could survive out there on your own, I'm sure she can."

"I know, but it's hard to do." Mikael sighed anxiously.

"I know it is, Brother. I remember when I first joined the Cohort. I, too, often worried about my Sisters. I always wanted to know how they were doing, and could often do nothing but worry whenever they were questing without me. But I learned to control that fear; our Sisters can handle themselves."

"You are right, of course."

"Let me fetch some wine," Melissa said, standing up. "It will take our mind off things."

She walked over to the room's sole table and filled two mugs with wine they had bought from the bartender earlier that evening. She quickly returned, climbing onto the bed next to Mikael and offering him a cup. She, too, moved to sit cross-legged and began to sip from her own mug, her knees touching his.

Mikael took a drink of his wine, allowing his eyes to fall to the impressive cleavage that swelled beneath Melissa's toga. She giggled, and he grinned as it bounced with her laughter.

"Tell me some history," Mikael said eventually.

"Some history?"

"Yes. Of the Cohort. It will help me take my mind off things, I think." Mikael reached forward and placed a hand on her knee.

"Very well," Melissa smiled back, taking Mikael's wine and placing the two cups on the floor next to the bed. She returned to sitting opposite him.

"Where to begin? Hmm... well, as you know, the Cohort was founded by the Gods. It has existed for many generations, in one form or another, with many different women answering the call. They have been active throughout that time, doing the works of the Gods.

"I wonder, do you know of the Tribune rebellions a few hundred years ago? The Sisters were behind those, and instrumental in their success.

"And before that, the slaying of the terrible Drake, Chairn? The Cohort was responsible for that, too.

"Almost any remarkable event was, at the very least, supported quietly by the Sisters. Most of the famous deeds known today and attributed to anonymous heroes were actually the Cohort's doing. You see, Mikael, we never fail. We cannot afford to."

"Such great responsibility," Mikael said.

"Yes," Melissa returned, solemnly. "And you are now a part of that. That burden is yours to carry, too."

Her demeanour suddenly brightened. "And that is why we must not allow ourselves to worry in our spare time. We have a great enough responsibility as it stands, without spending what freedom we do have anxious over people who can fend for themselves."

"Thank you, Melissa. You have alleviated my doubts."

"Good," she smiled back. "I am glad."

Melissa reached over and picked up the two cups of wine again. She handed Mikael's back to him.


"To the Cohort," Mikael toasted, lifting his cup. Melissa raised her own, repeating his toast, before both drained their drinks.

Mikael stood, taking Melissa's mug and walking over to the far side of the room, placing the empty vessels on the table. He turned back towards the bed, and his attention was caught by a small pouch that sat next to his pack. Ah, he smiled to himself. My raisins. He had not forgotten the promise he made to himself back in the Sanctuary, and had duly remembered to bring with him a small indulgence from his home's fruit stock. On this occasion he had grabbed a small pouch of succulent raisins.

He stood there a moment as a thought coalesced in his mind, and grinned. Reaching forwards he plucked a single raisin out of the pouch, then turned to face Melissa.

"I bet that I can throw this in the air and catch it in my mouth, whilst upside-down."

"Really?" Melissa giggled. "I'd like to see that. I don't think you can."

"I can."

"Well if you're so sure, then make it more interesting. Add some sort of nasty forfeit."

Mikael grinned. "I was hoping you'd say that, and I've thought of something suitable."

"Oh yes?"

"Well, how about we agree that I have to eat it wherever it lands, using my tongue to lick it up. I suspect this floor is pretty disgusting, after all."

"Good, but not good enough. There's some salt over there. I know we're supposed to use it to preserve things but wasting a tiny amount won't hurt. I'd rather use it to destroy your dignity."

Mikael smiled and picked up the salt, sprinkling it around where he stood.

"So, let's just get this clear," Mikael said. "I have to throw this in the air, spin onto my hands and then catch it in my mouth? And if I miss, I have to use my tongue to lick it up from wherever it has landed, even if that means it's covered in salt?"

"Sounds fair," Melissa nodded.

"Well what do I get if I can catch it?"

"My grudging respect," Melissa said. Mikael laughed again.

"You're on."

He bounced the raisin in his hands a couple of times, staring at Melissa. She was perched on the edge of the bed, her toga lifted by the position to reveal her smooth thighs. Her cleavage was exposed by the garment, too, and her beautiful face regarded him with amusement. He was glad that his plan had come to fruition, now he just hoped he had the accuracy to pull it off.

"Here goes," he announced as Melissa looked on, intrigued. He tossed the raisin high into the air.

Mikael made no attempt whatsoever to turn upside down. He never intended to catch the raisin in his mouth, anyway. It was, however, on target.

"Ha!" Melissa laughed as the raisin landed snugly in her ample cleavage. "You missed!"

"Did I?" said Mikael mischievously, walking towards her across the room. "Damn. Well, I suppose I have to complete my forfeit."

"Yes you do. Go get it, Mikael," Melissa grinned, leaning backwards.

He sauntered slowly over, enjoying the salacious glint that had entered his Sister's brown eyes. Reaching the bed he sat down, encircling her waist with one arm and resting his other hand on her trim stomach. He leant forwards, flicking out his tongue and brushing it over her smooth skin, leaving a faint trail of wetness across the top of her huge breasts. Searching for the raisin, he pushed his tongue deeper into her cleavage, running it along the valley between the two wonderful mounds.

He began to kiss the skin, too, sucking her flesh slightly into his mouth as he did so. Melissa clearly enjoyed the sensation, and she wrapped her arms around him, grabbing his hair. Slowly his head moved up, eventually sweeping over her upper chest and kissing her neck. She tilted her head with a contented moan, and Mikael licked at the exposed skin, before returning his attention to finding the raisin.

He raised his hand from her stomach, stroking it upwards before grasping a firm hold of one of her huge breasts and squeezing it. Melissa moaned again at the sensation, and he could feel the fabric underneath his hands as it rubbed her nipple. Pushing his tongue into her cleavage again, he continued his search, but still it was in vain.

He let go of her breast, reaching instead for the knot to her toga. Melissa did not complain as he found it, and he tugged it loose. At once the garment slackened, and Mikael ran his fingers along its folds, pulling his mouth away from her cleavage as he guided the cloth over the swell of her chest.

Her massive breasts spilled free, and his tongue was on them again, his hand pushing the toga all the way to her waist before reaching up and clasping her chest once more. This time he touched bare skin, and he could feel her nipple beneath his palm. He slid his fingers downwards, squeezing the wonderful mound, before his fingertips found the fleshy nub and started to play with it.

"Mmm..." Melissa moaned, running one hand across Mikael's back, his shirt rucking up under her firm touch. "I can't help but feel you're no longer looking for the raisin."

"What makes you say that?" Mikael asked, the sound muffled as he spoke into the valley of her breasts.

"It fell out ages ago," she laughed, her amusement causing her body to shake. She moved her hand, plucking something from the folds of the toga bunched around her midriff, and held it up to Mikael. He pulled his head from her chest, his left hand still squeezing her breast, his right remaining wrapped around her waist, and looked at the object.

"See?" she winked, holding the dried grape delicately in her fingers.

Mikael smiled. "I do. Would you like me to eat it?"

"No," she said simply, tossing the fruit over her shoulder. "I have something far better in mind for you to eat."

Mikael grinned as she slid her arms backwards until she lay flat on the bed, her legs still over the side. He lowered himself down, too, his mouth once more finding her wonderful breasts, his hands grasping them again. She rested her hands on his head once more, playing with his hair as she moaned.

After a short while Mikael began to trace his way down her body with his tongue; it roved over her supple skin and across her trim stomach. Eventually he came to her toga, and he stroked his hands down his Sister's sides before clasping the garment. She lifted her hips without a word, and Mikael slid the cloth from her waist, tossing it to the far corner of the room as it slipped fully from her body.

He resumed his slow kiss downwards, his lips passing over her now-exposed pelvis, before deliberately tracing his tongue across Melissa's inner thighs. She moaned in anticipation, and his fingers stroked the flesh around her glistening snatch, carefully avoiding the folds of her pussy itself.

"What was it you wanted me to eat?" Mikael murmured, looking up at his Sister. She had lifted her head, and her deep brown eyes were staring lustfully into his.

"I think you can work it out," she whispered in return, her breathing quick. "I mean, you're a smart- ahh!"

Her voice was cut off as Mikael thrust his head forwards, his tongue sweeping over her folds. Her hands grasped the bedsheets tightly, and her eyes shut. He grinned into her pussy, his tongue roving over her sweet lips, his fingers pressing into her thighs.

He slowly stroked his own hands upwards, towards her snatch, as he continued to kiss her pussy. He found her her clit and sucked it into his mouth, eliciting a yelp from the stunning medic, before grazing her folds with his fingertips.

He pulled his mouth away, looking up at his Sister as his fingers took over. One hand moved to her clit, his thumb rubbing the sensitive bud, whilst with the other he pushed two fingers inside. Her pussy welcomed them in, and he curled the tips as they rested inside the gorgeous brunette.

She opened her eyes and stared at him, her hips bucking slightly as powerful sensations built in her core. He smiled wickedly at her as he started to slide the probing digits in and out, his thumb still busy on her clit.

"Ooohhhh..." she moaned, pushing her hips down. She moved her hands, grasping her huge breasts and tweaking her own nipples. She was beginning to flush as her climax neared.

Mikael lowered his head once more, pulling his thumb away and replacing it with his nimble tongue. He played with her clit, and every so often he would suck it into his mouth, as his fingers continued to pump in and out of her snatch.

His Sister shuddered on the bed, her hands gripping her breasts tightly. She squeezed them, her nails gently scraping her nipples, and another long moan left her lips. Mikael hungrily devoured her pussy, which grew ever wetter as her pleasure grew.

"I'm... ahh..." the brunette groaned, letting go of her breasts and hunching forwards. She grasped Mikael's head, pulling it towards her, pinning him between her thighs. He did not mind, and continued his assault on her snatch uninterrupted.

"That's it... that's it..." she continued, gripping his hair so tightly it had begun to hurt. Her body tensed, and then her release was upon her. "Yeesss!"

She cried out as she came, her pussy visibly trembling, and Mikael lapped gently at her folds even as she climaxed. Her hips bucked against his face, smearing her juices over his cheeks, and her eyes rolled back at the wonderful orgasm pounding through her.

When it was over, she collapsed back onto the sheets, letting go of Mikael's hair as she did so. She breathed in deeply, before raising her head and grinning at him.

"Much better than a raisin," she said, before glancing down at her hands. She grinned. "Sorry I pulled your hair so hard."

"Don't worry about it," Mikael smiled, standing up and hunching forwards over Melissa. "I can think of a way you can make it up to me." His right hand had fluttered upwards and was lightly toying with her huge breasts, his left arm stretched for support.

The medic smiled back wickedly, lifting a finger and running it across Mikael's glistening cheek. "Well, it looks like I'm wet enough."

"You definitely are," Mikael groaned, pulling his hand away from her breasts and instead wiping two fingers across his cheeks, collecting her juices. He placed them in his mouth and sucked, enjoying the lingering sweetness of her taste.

He stood up then, yanking off his shirt and tossing it aside before unclasping his belt. Melissa watched on with an expression of lust as she ran one hand down the front of her body, the sensual digits eventually coming to rest on her hot sex. She pushed one finger inside and swirled it around whilst Mikael tugged off his pants.

"Starting without me?" Mikael asked with a wicked smile, his pants joining the rest of their clothes lying messily on the floor.

Soebek110
Soebek110
279 Followers