Affairs of the Heart Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Lynn was instantly on fire. The slight touch unleashed months of pent up frustrations and desires. Desires she had pushed to the back of her mind time and time again as far as Jake was concerned. Desires that Eric failed to match or fan into a raging fire, the way that Jake was with his clever tongue. She whimpered into his mouth and caught his tongue between her teeth, biting it playfully. His arms pulled her close, almost crushing the breath of her as he licked the inside of her mouth and dueled with her eager and playful tongue.

She was literally trembling, her fingers tightening in his hair, afraid to let go. His big hands slid down her back, following the sweet curve of her spine and down to cup her bottom. She gasped and pushed her hips against him own, rubbing herself almost wantonly against him. She felt shameless and barely felt the cool air prickling her skin. All her attention was centered on Jake and his hot mouth as he pulled away and trailed it down her neck, licking her sensitive skin.

She moaned then, a throaty sexy sound. A cough and snicker from a passerby broke her focus though and Jake sensed the change. The way her body went slack and then slowly pushed against his chest. "Jake..." She whispered her voice soft and breathy. "We can't...we musn't...Eric and Maria are only steps away.

His forehead came to rest against hers and she found herself drowning in the depths of his eyes. She usually didn't witness such emotions from him. He was always cool and collected and suave. His gaze roamed and it was something his girls either put up with or dumped him over. He didn't seem to care either way. Jake was a pro...a master at his craft when it came to seduction, but he seemed as frazzled as she was in an instant.

"I'm not sure what just happened." He said, pulling away and running his fingers through his ruffled hair.

Lynn smoothed down her dress and took in a trembling breath. "You came out here to make me feel better and my emotions got the better of me. I'm sorry Jake. I hope I didn't...hurt our relationship."

"Lynn..." He began, but she held up a hand and smiled sadly.

"It's okay...Eric and I are just going through a..." She tried to think of the right words. "Rough spot. Let's just go and eat. Maria will be wondering where we are...and she's a sweetheart."

***

He didn't seem entirely sure what to say about any of it. Frowning, he gave her a slow nod, confused by the flood of feelings and emotions on top of the physical attraction. "OK..." He murmured, taking her arm and gently guiding her back to the table.

"I just need to powder my nose" she whispered as they walked back into the warmth of the restaurant. Jake flashed her a glance but said nothing, following her towards the restrooms, conscious at how flustered he had become, his heart beating firmly against his chest.

Entering the gents he was thankfully the room was unoccupied as he lent over the over excessively large wash basin. With a flick of his hands the automated tap sensed his presence, a jet of cold water gushing out. Cupping his large hands together he allowed a pool of water to build, before leaning down and flicking it over his face, the wetness instantly refreshing him. His mind continued to race, the emotions that he currently felt relentlessly beating against his chest, knowing how inappropriate his thoughts and actions were, not only to the beautiful Maria but also, despite what he felt at this moment, his own brother, his own blood.

As he controlled his breathing he looked at himself in the mirror, his flowing hair and chiseled face, his brown eyes wide and piercing. 'What sort of man am I' he questioned, his mind tormenting him further, still tasting her lip gloss against his lips. Reaching for a towel he dried down his face before straightening his shirt, running his fingers through his hair and taking a giant breath. He then stepped back out into the bustling restaurant.

Jake was first to arrive back at the table, Maria giving him a willing smile back. He could sense an atmosphere and could only imagine that she had found it all uncomfortable sat waiting all this time with Eric, in the wake of his outburst.

"Is Lynn ok?" Maria asked, as Jake pulled his seat in behind him. With glaring eyes he flashed a look at Eric, a rage building within him, trying hard to control his anger towards his sibling.

"Yes she's fine" he answered "What were you thinking Eric?" he continued turning his attention to his brother, who now looked sheepish as he sat opposite.

"I'm sorry I.." he began, a slight nervousness to his voice.

"I don't think it is me you should be apologizing to" interrupted Jake forcefully, his patience quickly wearing thin.

"What! I just don't like the dress" Eric responded, a defensive tone to his voice.

"Do you not have an ounce of sense? Your wife was doing this for you, she just wants some attention" Jake challenged back, his brothers ignorance grating on him. How could he not appreciate the effort she had gone to?

"Don't tell me to how I should be with my wife" Eric retorted sternly, his face becoming redder by the second.

"Come-on guys" interjected Maria, a worried concern on her face as the hostility built. "She's coming back" she continued, her eyes darting in the direction of the rest room.

"Look I am sorry" Eric answered, throwing his arms up in defense.

"Ok just sort it out alright" Jake responded sternly. "Come on Maria I need a drink" and with that the couple began to get up. Jake kept his eyes down as Lynn returned trying not to make eye contact but he could not resist, looking up and catching her gaze. Her make-up had been re-applied and her smudged mascara was no longer evident, once again her beauty shining through.

"We're just going to the bar, let you chat" Maria said, placing a supporting hand on Lynn's arm who smiled back in response.

"Can you believe that?" Maria whispered once out of earshot, an obvious shock to her face.

"God knows what's going on with him" Jake answered "but let's just let them sort it out. I need a drink" as he motioned to the barman.

The journey back home was subdued to say the least, whatever conversation had taken place between Eric and Lynn seemed to have cleared the air yet there remained an uncomfortable silence. Jake looked out into the darkness the car's headlights dancing over the tranquil forestry landscape, as his mind kept taking him back to that embrace, despite trying his hardest to ignore it, as though it was deliberately torturing him, over and over again. That night, both couples retired to bed early. The night's events had even dulled Maria's sexual advances, much to Jake's pleasure; for once his animal needs put on hold, instead the young woman cuddling up tightly against him falling asleep on his chest.

Jake woke shortly before 8am and unable to drift back to sleep; slid from under the duvet, trying hard not to disturb Maria, who still slept soundly. Taking the dressing gown from the back of the door he wrapped it tightly around him and crept quietly from the room.

Eric was already up busying himself in the kitchen.

"Hey" Jake said as he walked across to the fridge, pulling it open and reaching for a half full carton of orange juice.

"Hi Jake, look before you start I was out of order last night. I'll apologize to everyone this morning" he answered immediately. Jake turned to face him, holding the carton away from his lips.

"It's alright. How's Lynn?" he inquired.

"She's fine. I thought I'd make everyone breakfast as an apology. Jake smiled sensing the earlier tension from the night before disappear.

"Double bacon and fried egg and it's all forgotten" he joked, unbeknown to his brother a deep blow to his thoughts.

That day the two couples opted to be alone, Jake taking young Maria on a drive through the mountains whilst Eric and Lynn stayed back at the holiday home, The day was fun, with Maria as bubbly as ever, her attention dulling the emotional pain Jake felt, her enthusiasm bringing a smile to his face. Only during the quiet period did he find his mind wander, running his finger against his lip remembering the delicate touch of her lips. Upon their return in the late afternoon, Maria headed for the room for an afternoon nap.

"We're on holiday so I can do what I want" she giggled as Jake teased her she was getting old, playfully skipping into the room. Jake could only smile at her, before shouting back that he hadn't come all this way to sleep and was going for a walk. With Eric sat on the couch and Lynn pottering around he quickly grabbed his coat and stepped out into the crisp winter's day, hoping the walk and fresh forest air would clear his thoughts.

Unbeknown to Jake, Lynn watched him walk down the gravel driveway from the safety of the kitchen window watching his physical frame bound with purpose. Emotions pulled at her heartstrings as she bit down on her lip, remembering their passionate kiss on the restaurant balcony an exciting feeling churning in her stomach. Turning around she looked at Eric dozing off in front of the television, is this really what life was to offer her, she thought, spotting her jacket on the back of the chair.

***

The evening had left Lynn feeling lonelier than ever. After Jake's kiss, she truly felt as though she was completely missing out on a vital part of a relationship. She wanted to feel such passion again. The way he held her, touched her, kissed her. Even though she had put on the brakes, he had left her wanting and yearning. After an awkward remaining dinner, the couples had split off, going to their own rooms and Lynn was thankful that she didn't have to listen to Maria's soft moans of pleasure. It would have more than likely been her undoing. After Eric had gotten ready for bed, she had locked herself in her bathroom and taken a long shower, removing her makeup and undoing her pretty hair.

When she had returned, clad in a warm pair of flannels, Eric had already been half asleep, which was fine. She didn't have the energy to fight or try to get his attention. His words had stung more deeply than she cared to admit to herself or anyone else. Only Jake had seen her pain and loneliness. Her gaze lingered on her jacket for what seemed like a lifetime. The crackling fire finally snapped her out of her thoughts and she made her hasty choice. With a final glance at Eric, she grabbed it with trembling fingers and quietly slipped outside.

Head bowed down, she followed Jake's steps to where he had vanished from sight. Her heart was already pounding as she questioned herself. What was she doing?! Simply looking for a little human companionship, she told herself. To apologize for acting the way she had at the restaurant...for...for what? She wasn't sure. Only that she needed to get away from the house and Eric. He was beginning to make her feel more like a piece of furniture than a wife. It made her both angry and sad that they seemed to have lost their connection somewhere along the way and he seemed to be oblivious and uncaring.

With a deep breath, she focused her gaze on the small trail leading off the driveway and into the woods surrounding the property. For a fleeting moment, she gazed back at their lovely getaway home and then in the next two steps, made her way up the trail and through the trees. Birds chirped and the cool air made her shiver. Hugging herself, Lynn admired the scenery, listening to her boots crunch against the leaves as she carefully walked the trail, taking in another cleansing breath.

She looked ahead, hoping to see Jake, but it seemed like his longer legs had taken him further away than hers could. Picking up the pace, she huffed and felt her body warm as she began to use her legs, hiking up the hilly spots and back down. "God, I hope I don't get lost." She whispered and then laughed, feeling silly and strangely alive. It felt good to get away, away from her problems and life for a moment.

She had made good distance, when a rustling nearby made her fault and her boot snagged on a root. She gasped and fumbled, grabbing and nearly hugging a tree for support as she untangled her foot and righted herself. "Careful now, those trees can get frisky" came Jakes voice from above. Startled, Lynn screamed, her eyes wide as she quickly covered her mouth to stop herself and stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Jake!" She breathed, blushing with embarrassment and giggling, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

He flashed her a grin that she felt clear to her toes, her heart skipped and pulse went into over drive. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya."

She smiled, "its okay...I was looking for you anyway."

He cocked his eyebrow and she felt herself quiver inside. "I wanted to apologize for last night."

He frowned slightly and came down to her. She admired the way he smoothly moved, jumping with little effort over a fallen log and then standing before her, his hands jammed into the pockets of his jeans. "You don't need to, Lynn. You had every right to be upset."

She looked away, looking down at the toes of her boots. "Maybe...but I shouldn't have gotten so upset over it. It's just the way Eric is. I should be used to it by now."

"Lynn..." He began, gently kicking her boot with his own until she looked at him. Her eyes were strangely bright and she smiled softly, her lips soft and silky looking, making him recall their kiss with vivid clarity. "It's his loss...he's being an idiot."

She blinked nodded slowly. "Yeah...but nothing you and I say will convince him, Jake. He doesn't think anything is wrong. I don't know...I don't know what's wrong...with me; with him...I haven't a clue." She sighed, and then shrugged. "But enough...how about we just walk, hmm? I was enjoying myself until someone scared me half the death." She teased and laughed

***

Several minutes after he had left the borders of the forest retreat, he first heard the rustling behind him. Initially he laughed it off as an animal, surprised that his years in the city had turned him into such a city dweller, more used to the hustle and bustle than the tranquil, yet beautiful forestry surroundings and the noises that went with it. With his hands dug deep into his pockets, head down, following the uneven trail before him, he continued on, yet the noise seemed to follow, each time Jake sensing it becoming a little louder and a little closer. Too many horror films now put him on edge more than before as he looked around but once again could see nothing, the densely packed trees making it much darker than it actually was at this time of the afternoon.

Looking ahead, he began scanning the forest for an opportunity to loop back and quickly spotted a gap in the undergrowth, jumping off track and circling back clambering up a slight ledge that gave him sight of the original trail. He did not have to wait long as the sound came closer, a distinct rustle of footsteps gradually getting closer. The moment he saw the petite figure he knew who it was, an uncontrollably smile spreading from his lips as she made her way through the woodland.

With her auburn hair bouncing in the air she paced along, her jacket done up tightly around her, wearing jeans and walking boots, an obvious pace to her walking, with her breath visible in the coldness of the air. Her appearance took him completely by surprise, unaware that she had even see him leave Part of him wished to watch her as even in the middle of a forest, dressed in a thick jacket and jeans her beauty seemed to overwhelm him. However as she stumbled he quickly made himself evident, a distinct shock in her face quickly replaced by a warm smile as she laid eyes on him.

Having checked her footwear they continued along the trial as it meandered away from the holiday home, heading down towards the lake. Lynn's dismissive response to talking any more about Eric didn't go unnoticed by Jake, a barely uncontrollable butterfly feeling forming in his stomach. From that point onward the conversation flowed easily and he quickly found himself at ease in her company as they walked along, Jake's quick witted humor making Lynn giggle and laugh continually.

"Do you wish you could ever just start again?" she quizzed as they continued to stroll along the small trial.

"What do you reckon?" he joked back, a big grin on his face. "I flit from one dead end job to another, rent a shabby little flat downtown and can barely hold a relationship down. I've hardly made my parents proud" he continued, an honesty to his answer that he had barely made public, yet in the company of Lynn he felt so relaxed.

"But your happy, Jake, you should think yourself lucky, that's a hard thing to have" she answered, an obvious truthfulness to her response..

"Um maybe, but everyone is entitled to happiness. Why live your life being unhappy". Lynn looked at him as they walked along through the darkness of the forest, branches crackling under their feet, all the time appreciating his down-to-earth approach. She had known him for years, so often seen as the black sheep of the family in the eyes of his brother and parents, yet in the last few days she had seen a warm side to him that she questioned whether he let many people ever see.

They continued on the trail, the winter's chill in the air keeping their pace high to keep their warmth up. As the trees parted Lynn gasped at the surreal beauty of the lake that Jake had visited with his brother only the day before. There was a slight mist hovering inches above the water, which in the winter's afternoon sun made the water shimmer beautifully giving off a peaceful tranquility.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Jake questioned, unbeknown to Lynn his question referencing to far more than the stunning scenery, as his eyes watched her intently.

"Yes it is. Now this is the getting away from it I meant" she answered, Jake watching her lips as she spoke, a tingling feeling as he remembered back to last night and the sweet sensation of her lips against his. "What's that?" she continued, raising her hand beyond his shoulder and pointing at a wooden building set against the waters edge, a slight veranda supported by wooden stilts that disappeared beyond the mist and into the water below..

"Let's go and see" he enthusiastically responded, taking her by the hand and pulling her off in that direction. Lynn giggled, a sense of adventure spreading through her as they strode purposefully in the direction of the white painted wooden building. Jake felt her small hand in his, hoping that his positive attitude was taking her away from her worries at home, noticing that she had not removed her hand from his as they approached the building.

Up close it was obvious it had been derelict for a number of years, the white paint flaking away from the wooden frame, creaking underfoot as they walked along the veranda that circled the main building. Jake pushed himself close against a window, brushing it with the underside of his jacket, enough to peer in and make out the contents through the gloom.

"Look, there are several tables and maybe a bar or serving area, yes I can even make out an old-fashioned money till. This has must have been a little tea house back in the days, how fabulous, what views, overlooking the lake" reckoned Lynn, a radiant smile across her face as she peered further, her adventurous side plain to see. As she looked further Jake strode around the building, quickly looking through the various windows that overlooked the water, and the gently lapping of water below a constant backdrop. As he continued, his eye was suddenly drawn to a slight gap in the wooden frame, his inquisitive nature taking hold he stepped closer to the wooden panel that hung loosely across a closing. Resting his body alongside he reached forward and with a powerful tug he pulled, the wood creaking as it strained against his movement but opening up the gap that looked large enough for a body to squeeze through.