After Hours Alicia Ch. 01

Story Info
Alicia finds out her father is in a lot of trouble...
2.6k words
3.98
88k
87

Part 1 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/26/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alicia Reynolds was a rather transparent girl throughout high school. She didn't really belong to any of the cliques at her school. She wasn't pretty, perky, or rich enough to be considered a part of the "prep" clique. She wasn't into partying, doing drugs, or having unprotected sex, so she didn't fit in with the party crowd either. The nerds were more of her crowd, but even they didn't call her one of their own. She had a few close friends who were just like she was, but she mostly floated through high school under everyone's radar.

Things didn't change much after she graduated. She had a steady boyfriend, whom she had been dating for over a year. At 18, this type of relationship was considered serious. They still lived at home with their parents, but they had talked about moving in together in the future. Alicia lived with her father, David. Her mother had moved out after a messy divorce several years back. She had been caught cheating on her father, who Alicia thought very highly of.

Alicia had gotten used to living with her father. She would come home after he shifts at a local video game store to do chores and cook dinner for the two of them. Her father had a deep respect for Alicia. He felt that he was lucky to have her as his daughter. Most girls her age weren't interested in having jobs, steady relationships, or helping out their families. Alicia was not like all the other girls and her father knew it.

Her father ran a dive bar downtown, named The Hole in the Wall, in an area that was known for being trouble. The Hole in the Wall had been in business since a few years before David's divorce. It was something her father had always wanted to do, but couldn't find the time or the money to do it. David Reynolds had been laid off from his last union job several years back when he decided to cash in his chips and open the bar. When the bar opened, it was a hit. Everyone flocked to the new spot to drink and unwind with friends. A few years went by and the bar's luck started to change. To David, it seemed like most of his bar business had abandoned him and went to the other, more "hip", bars around town. After his divorce, he started to do anything he could to get customers in the door.

He would hire the prettiest bartenders that he could to work there, hoping that men would come in, drool over them, and dump money into his bar. This only seemed to help his failing business a little. It was a band-aid over a much larger wound. What he needed to do was something drastic...

Alicia Reynolds was a short girl, with raven black hair which covered her a quarter of her face. She dressed like a "gamer girl." She wore video game t-shirts that she would get for free from working at Game Addict. Alicia also liked to wear short shorts and thigh highs. When she went to school, she would wear a turtle shell backpack. She dressed the same when she started classes at a local community college in her town.

After classes got out in the afternoon, Alicia would walk from campus to her father's bar. This was normally a fifteen minute walk for her. She would get there, say hello to the bar regulars, most of whom she knew since she was young. The regulars were mostly her father's friends. After she said her hello's, she would find her father, who would give her the keys to his beat up pick-up truck. She would drive home, study, then pick her father up, come home again, fix a late dinner, then go to bed. This was the routine she had become accustomed to over the past two years.

It was Friday afternoon and Alicia had just finished her last class. She threw her books into her back pack and started walking toward her father's bar. Before she got very far, she was stopped by someone. The boy seemed vaguely familiar, but she was trying to figure out who he was and why he had stopped her.

"Hey, Alicia, right?"

"Uh...yeah. Hello." She said politely.

Sensing she forgot who he was, the boy said, "It's me. Tom Harris. We've got English 131 together. I sit behind you."

"Oh yeah. Hi. How are you?"

"I'm doing great now." Tom said, with a sly grin on his face. "Hey, where ya off to, sweetie?"

Sweetie? She thought. Why was he calling me this?

"I have to go to work." She lied.

"You don't work at the game shop tonight. Do you have another job?"

Fuck. How does he know my work schedule?

"I'm helping my dad out at his bar."

"But you aren't 21, are you? How is that even legal?"

He's too smart for his own good!

"I just bus tables and wash dishes. That's all." Quick thinking, girl!

"Oh, that's cool." He said, trailing off. "Look, you're hot as hell. The hottest girl in our class. Let's go out this weekend. You and me. We'll go see a movie and maybe go to my place after and hang out."

Go back to his place? Gee he's blunt!

"I'm sorry. I have a boyfriend. I can't go out with you. I'm going to be late. I have to go. Sorry."

She smiled meekly and walked off. She had been asked out before, but never by anyone as forward as Tom Harris. She remembered who he was. He was always late for class and sat in the back to talk with his friends. He didn't care about getting an education. His parents were paying for his classes and giving him a free ride. She had to work to pay for her classes, because her grant didn't pay for everything she needed. Tom Harris was one of those annoying boys with the polo shirts and the popped collars, who watched Van Wilder too many times and was only interested in chasing girls, drinking, and partying.

He was tall and muscular, a sharp contrast to her boyfriend, Peter, who was short and slender. She had met Peter while they were sophomores in high school. The two were both late for class on the first day, because they couldn't find the room they were supposed to be in. After looking together for the class, they sat by each other, became group partners, and started to talk and hang out after class. Their courtship started as a friendship. Alicia and Peter were just friends until late in their senior years. It wasn't long into their relationship that they started to become sexually active. They were both virgins when they had sex for the first time, in Peter's parent's basement on a Saturday night. As awkward and painful as it was, Alicia didn't dislike the experience. She somewhat enjoyed it. The sex wasn't anything to brag about, but Alicia started to enjoy it more and more as time went on.

Alicia finally arrived at her father's bar. She walked inside and said hello to three old men sitting at the bar - Ralph, Manny, and Roger. Ralph was the oldest of the bunch. She thought he was 60 or 70 years old. He walked with a limp. He told her it was because he took a piece of shrapnel in the leg during Vietnam. Manny and Roger were around her father's age - 52. The three of them put their drinks down and greeted the young girl. The bartender on Friday nights was Cheryl. Cheryl was in her late 30's, with three kids, and smoked a lot. She dressed trashy - usually in tight leather pants and a black tank top, which did nothing to hide her body or her slew of poorly done tattoos.

"Hi guys. Do you know where my father is?"

"I think he's in the back." Said Manny.

She thanked them and walked passed the bar to the back office. She knocked on the door, "Daddy?" Her father said, "Come in!" Alicia turned the knob and walked into his office. Her father was usually stressed out over money, but today was different. He seemed more stressed than usual.

"What's wrong daddy?"

"Pumpkin...I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what to do with this. This bar. For the past few years this place has been bleeding money. I'm having to dump my own money into the place to keep it going! I can't keep doing this. I'm going to go broke! I won't be able to keep the bar, the house, or even help you pay for your schooling! This is really bad!"

At that point her father started sobbing. Alicia frowned and gave her father a big hug. "It'll be OK, daddy. I'm sure there's something you can do."

Her father jerked away, tears in his eyes, and said, "I've done everything! You don't know everything that I've done to keep this place running. To make matters worse, one of the girls isn't going to show tonight!"

Confused, Alicia asked, "What do you mean? Cheryl's behind the bar now. She's here."

"Not her. I'm not talking about Cheryl."

"Well, who do you mean?"

"I can't tell you, Alicia. You wouldn't understand."

She had gone from confused, to irritated. Her father was always honest and upfront with her about everything. Why was he holding a secret from her?

"If its bus work you need. I can help tonight." She forced laughter to try to break the mood, "I actually told some guy that I help out around here and wash dishes."

Her father sighed, "No. That's not what I'm talking about."

Feeling hopeless and confused, Alicia said, "Just tell me then! Maybe I can help."

"You can't. You really can't. I'm sorry."

OK. That's it! He's holding out on me! We have always been close and he has always treated me like an adult. Now here he is keeping secrets from me and treating me like a child!

"Just tell me! Stop hiding things from me!"

After another deep sigh, her father gave up, "Fine. The girl who was supposed to be here tonight wasn't going to tend bar or bus. She was supposed to...to...be..."

Alicia waited for the punch line.

"Entertainment." Her father said, swallowing deeply.

Alicia thought she knew what he meant. "Like a stripper or something? Is that what you have been doing with this bar to get more money?" She asked, becoming very agitated.

Shaking his head and putting his face in his palms, he father responded, "No. It's much worse."

Worse? What could be worse than turning your bar into a strip joint on the side?

"What do you mean 'worse'?"

"The girls strip, but there's more to their job than just that." He said, trailing off, hoping his daughter would end this embarrassing conversation, take the keys, and storm out of the bar.

Alicia went from upset to curious. She wanted to know what else these girls were doing besides taking their clothes off.

"What else do they do, daddy? Tell me. I want to know."

He unscrewed the top of a bottle of whiskey that sat on paper cluttered desk, poured some into a small glass, and took a drink. He knew the answer to this question was going to change the relationship he had with his daughter forever. The answer was going to turn him from someone she looked up to, to someone she resents and looks down on.

He was finally ready to answer the question...

"The girls...have sex...with some of the customers."

What!? Now the bar is a brothel? A whore house!? What sort of place is this? What sort of person has my father become? A pimp!?

Alicia's head was spinning for a moment. When she came back down to earth, she looked at her father. He sat there at his desk, almost in tears, with a bottle of whiskey beside him. He was a broken man. He had been divorced and seen his dream of owning a bar crumble right before his eyes. She wanted to be mad at him, but she couldn't. She loved him. Her father could probably pick up on how disgusted she was about the situation, but she didn't want to yell at him.

"And the girl who was supposed to be here tonight was supposed to take her clothes off and have sex with the customers? Even Ralph, Manny, and Roger?"

"Yes, honey."

"How does that even help your business? People aren't buying drinks if all they're interested in is having sex with someone."

"I don't make money off the drinks. I charge people $50 a ticket for the show. After midnight, anyone who has paid me stays, and anyone who hasn't leaves. I lock the doors...and...the show begins."

"So wait...one girl has sex with all of those men!? That's gross!"

Gangbangs were not something that Alicia was into. She couldn't imagine having sex with more than one person, especially not anyone other than her boyfriend, Peter.

"Yes. That's how it goes. Whoever does the show on Friday nights has to have sex with all of the ticker buyers."

"How many people is that!?"

"Usually only a dozen or so. Sometimes only four or five."

A dozen men!?

"And you don't have anyone to do that tonight. So you're missing out on an extra..." Alicia starts doing the math in her head, "$600 or something tonight?"

"Less than that. The girl gets half."

"So around $300!?" Alicia asked. Dumb founded. She had now realized exactly how desperate her father was. Most bars downtown could make that sort of money in less than hour. Her father couldn't make that in an entire night without having a girl come in and fuck his customers!

"Yes. That's all. I need the money, sweetie. All of the other bars are running me out of business. I can't compete with them. I don't have the kind of money that they do. I have to do something!" He said and slammed his fist on the desk, shaking the bottle of whiskey. "I'm sorry...I just don't know what else to do."

Alicia knew that this conversation had changed the relationship she had with her father. She now saw him in a different light. She once saw him as a proud, hard-working, dedicated father, but now looked at him as a sad, desperate man. She still loved him, but her opinion of him changed.

"I'm sorry I told you all of this," he said. "It pains me that you had to find this out. I wanted to keep this a secret from you until I made enough money to put us straight again. I'm sorry."

She felt like she heard the words, "I'm sorry" a hundred times in the past ten minutes. She knew her father was sorry, but she didn't know what happens next. She didn't know where their relationship would go next, but she was about to find out.

"I am going to have to cancel the show. My patrons aren't going to like it and they probably won't come back. Hell, some may even be so pissed off that they tell the cops what I'm up to! I'm fucked, Alicia. I don't know what to do!"

And neither did she. She had no idea how to help her father. If she had the money, she would pay off all of her father's debt so he could close this hell hole once and for all. They would never have to worry about money ever again.

Her father gulped, "Alicia, I'm desperate. I need a show tonight. I was wondering..."