Afterwards

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"Hmm?"

"You're crying," she wiped away the lone tear streaming down his cheek.

"Huh, I guess I am."

"Do you want to tell me why?"

"I was just thinking about how grateful I am to be with you right now... and how it seems Alyosha helped me once again."

"Then you'll have to make sure to thank him properly tomorrow."

"Yeah, I will."

They slept easy that night.

***

"Hey Alyosha. I got you your favorite, apple liqueur. I don't know much about liqueur so I grabbed the most expensive one. Hope that's alright with you."

He placed the bottle on the tombstone and took a step back.

"I don't know if you're listening, but thanks again. I don't know how I would have made it through the last few days if it wasn't for you."

"I keep thinking back to that day. About what I could have done to save you. What I could have done differently. I know you'd say that I couldn't have done anything, but I can't help but think."

Ilya chuckled, "I suppose this is the part where you tell me that I think too much. I'm working on it though, just... I hope you don't mind if I still rely on you from time to time."

He choked back a sob, his voice breaking, "I don't know how we were the same age, but you always managed to be so much wiser. Thank you though. Thank you for being the best friend a man could ask for."

Ilya rubbed the tombstone, "be seeing you pal."

***

"Are you sure you don't want to talk to him?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Looks like I was worried for nothing."

"Anything else you'd like to do before departing?"

"Nope, that pretty much completes my list, though, now that you mention it, I'd love to try the liqueur Ilya just bought, if possible."

"That can be arranged."

"Thanks. So tell me, what's the afterlife like?"

"I wouldn't want to spoil it, but I'm sure you'll like it."

"Will I be able to find a girlfriend there?"

"I have a few people in mind that you might be interested in."

"Sweet, let's go then."

12