Against the Odds Ch. 04

Story Info
Troy and Ellis go on their first date.
8.8k words
4.71
22.6k
1

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/21/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

BE PREPARED for a little humor and even satire, sex, romance and obnoxious attitudes. The setting is Clyde, a small city servicing a hinterland of small productive farm units up to large ranches. In pioneering days the Jefferson family arrived first followed shortly by the Elliot's. They cross-married but within this generation the two families divided because of 'the incident'. That centers on the very personable Miss Ellis Jefferson (33), illegitimate daughter of an Elliot. Ellis now a highly successful lawyer and multi-million dollar property owner suspects two uncles are scheming to divest her of her property inheritance. Troy Gardiner her property manager comes up with this theory she'd be kidnapped and held until she breaks down and agrees to sign the properties over her uncles. Ellis is snatched and Troy leads a successful quest to free her that ends well but despite Troy's best efforts the complex Ellis remains somewhat aloof although advancing a little to actually sit on his knee. It's coming closer Troy...

*

Property manager Troy Gardiner arrived at work to find his office administrator Fleur Gekko waiting for him, grim-faced.

He knew not to wise-crack. Her mother could have died or she may have had unprotected sex or it could be something more mundane like...well...perhaps the coffee machine had fused.

Fleur handed him a folded slip of paper.

"What's this," he said, knowing it was her resignation. It was essential to cut her off at the pass. "Oh, before we look at that I just wanted to say that I am full of admiration for you subdivision design for your new office upstairs. Please print me out a letter of authorization for it to proceed and I'll sign it."

"But you can't have seen it; I only finished it yesterday and it's in my top drawer."

"Oh I wander around at nights and check out things – I opened your drawer to check for drugs and found these fantastic sketches."

"Drugs – me?" Fleur said, bottom lip trembling, knowing she did pop pills but never at work.

"Oh no, you are top of the list of innocents but the search and destroy mission is mandatory for department heads," he lied, yet again. He hadn't a clue what layout an office administrator required so the intelligent thing was to authorize what she'd received.

"Do you fuck?"

"Pardon me?"

"Oh, did I not speak in English. I apologize."

"You did but...this is highly irregular Troy."

Troy pulled out his number two smile – number one was for seductions. "You may have misunderstood me," he said smoothly. "I meant would you like me to fuck you when you are between regular dates. There must be nothing more frustrating for a young woman in her prime, waiting to build up a track record of experience to impress a future husband, only to miss out opportunities to broaden her sexual horizons."

"Broaden her sexual horizons?" Fleur asked, stretching her neck and looking as if she was swaying in front of a snake charmer,

"Oh well, if you're not interested," Troy said, casually scratching the back of his neck and looking out of the window into a ghastly brick wall.

"Not interested?"

"Well, if you are why don't we go our for dinner tomorrow night. Book a place where you like to visit on my credit card and let me know where if you decide you'd like something afterwards. I have in mind something touchy-touchy."

"I ready don't know," she whispered.

"Well, if you decide to proceed could be bring a pack of condoms – a twin-pack should be enough as after all if would be only our first date."

"T-Troy"

"Yes dear."

"C-could you please hand back that slip of paper I handed you."

"Of course, here you are. Oh, by the way. Don't wear panties tomorrow night; it's so much more fun living on the edge."

Troy left his office, Fleur still sitting there was if she lacked the strength to stand up. For heaven's sake, he snorted; the woman was twenty-eight. He wasn't to know Fleur was a modern schizophrenic – meek and sure by day but after dark she turns into a cat – with claws and insatiable tendencies.

Next morning Troy continued his property inspections wishing Kelly was paving the way. She had the principals eating out of her hand and because of that they'd speak charmingly to him but now when he entered alone the head of the tenancies greeted him almost as if he were a pariah crossing their doorstep. At 1:00 he met Molly outside an exclusive restaurant – women were prohibited from entering without being escorted by a gentleman. Molly, of course, couldn't resist a crack at the pedigree of Troy's status of a gentleman.

Molly had said the topic was 'family business' and that's all she would say. They entered and were led to the table of their hosts, Troy smirking because in the tradition of the club Molly was obliged to follow him. He kept waggling two fingers behind his back in an upward position and from two feet away could feel her heating up.

Ellis's mom, Alice Jefferson, the two Ellis brothers and Mitch were there. After drinks were served Mitch said the purpose of the meeting was to come up with a novel way to allow the family to formerly integrate Ellis into their midst. Philip, wheezing, pleaded to everyone not to make him laugh because he had four cracked ribs. At that Molly looked disappointed; well she had thought she'd cracked or sprung five of them.

"I think this is a splendid idea," Troy said. "Please excuse me – I'll take my drink, sit in a corner and think."

After a while when the others had consumed soup and were being served entrée, Mitch whispered to Molly did she think Troy had gone to sleep. She said no, he probably was looking into hotel room windows opposite watching women undress. They laughed, Philip demand to know what the joke was so Molly repeated it. Alice thought that was disgusting, Richard bellowed with laughter followed by Philip whose laughter turned into cries of pain.

Troy returned to the table and sped through his soup and entrée and had three quick glasses of wine to catch up.

"Well!" wheezed Philip.

"The family seeks the permission of the Mayor and Council for the two families to place a brass plaque into the sidewalk outside City Hall to commemorate the spot – theoretical of course – where in 1888 Irene Elliot stood when she met the gunman she'd hired to rid the community of a family of outlaws terrorizing townspeople and driving settlers off farmland. The name Hurst's should not be noted. The ceremony should be held at 8:00 on a Sunday morning before the town stirs. Perhaps the main thoroughfare could be closed off and those attending the ceremony be invited to attend, with breakfast to be served in the Council reception hall. The Mayor may speak if he wishes but Miss Ellis Jefferson must unveil the memorial and at the breakfast present a short speech about her great-grandmother.

"I want that to happen," said Alice.

"So do I," said Philip; it's a great idea.

"Aye," said Mitch and his Uncle Richard together.

"That is incredibly inspirational Troy," Molly said, wiping her eyes.

"Thanks Mol – I suggest Molly and Mitch present this concept to Ellis and if she agrees that Molly be appointed honorary organizer with power to co-opt on to her committee," said Troy.

"Damn good idea – no need for a resolution," Philip decreed.

* * *

Ellis knew that something unconnected with the office would be the subject here; it was rare for Molly to invite her somewhere for a drink after work – normally she was rushing to get alongside that husband of hers. With Molly that meant to work alongside him – that was a reprise born out of knowledge rather than romantic notions because when talking about the home front Molly always talked about work, never about sex. Ellis smiled thinking she wasn't even sure if Molly knew about sex.

On the other hand, Ellis knew about sex. Oh to a moderate degree. As her field of friends and associates had widened since she'd returned to Clyde as an experienced law graduate Ellis had become aware she only had to lock her gaze with a male to know she could have him – it he turned away it meant sorry unavailable because I'm married, I'm gay or that's my girlfriend standing right behind you glaring. Even then most of the males who broke eye contact turned away reluctantly, or so she imagined.

Despite being elevated to the A-list as a screw – no-one had told her about that status, a woman just knows – Ellis assumed she indulged in fewer encounters in sexual intercourse than the prim wife of a husband who was forever bone tired and with low libido because he worked ten hours a day on night shift. Some of her friends were at it like rabbits. Her virtual soul-mate Sophie was one – about the only thing they didn't have in common; on the second night without a man in her bed Sophie would begin showing signs of panic and that's why she had been through three divorces; those husbands had been suffering over-use syndrome with their bodies breaking down under the fatigue from pleasuring Sophie. It seemed odd that Troy hadn't wanted to park permanently with Sophie – those two seemed to match perfectly and even seemed to look slightly like rabbits.

About once a month was sufficient for her; she had few excesses.

Molly emerged from the women's restroom scuttling, head down which was an indication she was rehearsed and ready to say her piece.

"Well?" Ellis encouraged as Molly took her seat in front of her concoction that had the horrible fragrance of aniseed. Molly's mouth opened and she began extremely favorably: "I don't quite know how to say this."

That excited Ellis because she knew Molly's techniques from any direction: this was Molly burning with something to divulge and it was big and personal and involved Ellis. This was almost as good for Ellis as having her monthly – her man she meant.

Ellis fired them up with another drink and Molly was away, telling her about the sidewalk plaque. Ellis almost fell off her feet in astonishment; she'd been thinking more or less alongside identical lines but hadn't thought of her giving a formal speech afterwards about her great-gran. This was unbelievable.

"Who attended that luncheon?"

Molly gave her the names.

"My mother as well? That would have placed a dampener on discussion. Who came up with the plaque idea?"

Ellis had difficulty in accepting it was Troy. She imagined he was too busy plundering maidens or racing across the countryside saving them to indulge in anything approaching intelligent thought. She heard the head click as her brain pushed her forward incrementally another step towards commencing a passionate affair with Troy Horatio Gardiner – yes Horatio. Troy had told her both parents were addicted to romantic novels.

"And who was first to swing in behind Troy and his concept?"

"Your mother."

Ellis wondered if she were in danger of dribbling due to her mouth gaping so wide.

"My mother?"

"Your mother."

"Then we'd better proceed hadn't we; I smell reconciliation in the air."

The ease of that acceptance rocked Molly. "But Ellis, I have spent hours preparing my counter-arguments to all the possible objections I anticipated you'd raise; you are consigning them to oblivion, unused."

"Stop complaining darling; you've lured me here and have scored with what you wanted. Come – let's walk along to City Hall and pick out the spot."

They did that in great happiness. In the office car park they kissed and said good night, Molly's pick-up loaded with fencing wire she'd collected during her lunch break.

"Oh Molly?"

"Yep," replied Molly, her right foot already stretched out and in under the steering wheel.

"Invite everyone to wear period dress and I suggest a re-enactment with me as great-gran. You have the brains to figure out who I want to play the gunslinger dressed in black and riding a black horse."

"Philip Elliot," yelled Molly and closed the door laughing as some naughty words were hurled her way. Ohmigod, she thought: the picture she had of Troy dressed in black and riding a black horse almost had her orgasm. Well, she may as well finish it, she thought, burrowing her hand under her hem.

Ellis drove home doing the same thing. As she climaxed she screamed: "Aren't men in black sexy." So pre-occupied was she by pulling off her soaking panties and thinking that the design of car seats must have been a women because they were so ergonomically suited to female masturbation that she was half-way to her old home before correcting her error. Within three weeks of the night of the snatch she's sold that home and purchased a new one, in the same prestigious area as Sophie. Sophie claimed the area was riddled by gay wives which was brilliant because it meant no shortage of straying husbands. That had appealed to Ellis in deciding to move there because she preferred her once a month man – always a different one – to be in her socio-economic group and to at least have a college degree. She didn't see herself as a snob but believed even in casual sex one ought to maintain standards.

This thing about Troy jumping into her mind when masturbating at nights had worried her at first. He had a college degree and she was paying him a top salary but he seemed...um...well, a little too animalistic for her. Yes, that was it. That girl with the big tits on the TV report of the restaurant shooting – she seemed more of Troy's kind of meat, with as much spare meat sitting on her chest than half of what Ellis had over her entire body.

The first real shock came when she was a bit over-tired and was on the verge of breaking off and rolling over to go to sleep when the image of Troy jumped into her mind. She pictured herself in her dressing room formally dressed and a foot up on a stool to adjust her stocking around her ankle when she 'appeared' outside of herself and saw Troy come in behind her vacated body, lift her dress up and slide something long and warm into her. She'd blurted into ejaculation so heavily that she'd had to sleep on the other side of the bed.

She'd now reached the stage where she was thinking about taking Troy to bed – thinking about it too much actually as her nipples began tightening whenever he came close to her at the office. That in itself was surprising as nobody but nobody had ever managed to do that. Yes, it did seem that Ellis Irene Jefferson – oh yes, named in the middle after her great-gran – had become sexually connected in spirit and against her will with Troy. Oh dear, she yawned when coming to that conclusion and had a great sleep.

* * *

Troy stopped outside Fleur's apartment building right on the dot but it was another ten minutes before she appeared. She then stood waiting inside the glass doors, having waved and now looking at him.

Oh fuck, he snorted. She'd play Ginger Rogers and Freddie boy has to go and fetch her and open the vehicle door for her. Ah well, sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. He smiled as he walking into the building and she smiled and said, "How do you do?"

"Very well thank you. You look lovely."

Actually she did and she had great tits. The clothes she wore at the office he meant he couldn't be sure. Her hair was auburn and yet her lacy dress – what there was of it – was rust color; he would have thought the color match was disastrous and yet she'd seemed to have pulled it off, Her skin was white and looked flawless.

They were led to their table – an elevated on at the windows. People who booked these tables were expected to tip at least the cost of their bill. Lady, you have class he grinned, noticing everyone was looking at her and presumably wondering who the ravishing chick was with the guy in the white suit.

"Everyone was looking at us," Fleur said, replying to his toast with her flute. "I am so honored being with someone like you. You do look so handsome in that white suit."

Troy squirmed thinking it might be better than her didn't fuck her; she was showing signs of being a clinger.

"It's lovely being here with you. But look, Fleur I have to say..."

"That this won't be a regular thing? I understand. I'm twenty-eight and didn't drop on the last shower. I've heard the girls talking. Everyone knows you have Miss Jefferson in your sights and that she wasn't interested but is now but has yet to make up her mind finally."

"What? That's scuttle bug."

"Is it? I've seen her in our office looking at you when you've been reading something she's handed to you. She doesn't look at you with lust but it's not disinterest either. It's reflective."

"Reflective?"

"Yes. I suspect she can't make up her mind about you but her pussy has."

"Fleur!"

Fleur realized a couple of people on nearby tables had turned to look at her. She didn't blush but simply ran her foot up the inside of Troy's leg, having the nous to take her shoe off in case it marked his white trousers.

"If you want to only do it once with me to find out what I'm like, then that's okay. I have three male friends on tap – two of them are eligible."

Horrified, Troy watched an older, beautifully presented woman on the lower level alongside them smile and raise her glass to Fleur and Fleur acknowledged. The women's husband or partner continued slurping soup.

"Am I speaking a little loud for you?"

Troy nodded like a puppy.

"Learn to live a little dangerously," Fleur told him.

They entered Fleur's bedroom. The lighting was an eerie blue with green and red flashing projections crossing the ceiling intermittently.

"One of my boyfriends is a lighting design engineer."

The entire room seemed to be pulsating just a tad – not unnervingly so – with music, mostly bass, unrecognizable to Troy. The musicality seemed to improve as they walked to the circular bed in the middle of the room.

"The sound is the work of a boyfriend who is a sound design engineer?"

"She giggled. I do recognize you are surprisingly intelligence although slightly off-center but there's no need to flaunt it here. The whole wall to your left is the left speaker and the opposite wall is the right speaker, adjusted to mix the music at optimum setting right over these pillows."

"Is the bed fitting electronically to syncopate with the activity going on above it?"

"That's a great thought – what kind of engineer would I need to find to achieve that?"

"Come here," Troy requested, growling like a tiger.

Fleur raised an eyebrow as if to stifle a yawn and did as requested.

The tits popped out as he lifted away her dress; beautiful. She lifted one to his mouth and he sucked as if it were his first ever. He then looked down and saw only self-supporting stockings. So she had not worn knickers. She caught the direction of his gaze and said, "No knickers – there never are when I go out socially. When dancing I wear a female condom and have scored a few on the dance floor."

Placing Fleur on the bed Troy checked out the pussy – the vulva was completely shaven and to his satisfaction looked healthy. As he dropped his trousers – no underpants – and folded them over his jacket on the chair he said, "Nice Tat."

"Are you really sure you like it," he giggled, patting the tat on her lower belly of a fire engine bursting through flames.

She was so powerful for such a slim woman, so athletic and insatiable that by 2:30 Troy was exhausted. He just had to leave, he sighed otherwise there was a risk he'd be carried out in a stretcher. He was so disappointed in himself.

Fleur stood at the open door, nude, and kissed him goodbye. "We don't have to do this again – unless you really want to."

He lurched off to the elevator as the door closed behind him knowing he'd just been told, in the nicest way possible, that he wasn't up to her standard. In despair and yawning heavily, Troy wondered if he'd ever be able to achieve an erection again; the poor guy would feel humiliated.

* * *