Ahoy Miranda Ch. 05

Story Info
A most memorable 24 hours of joy and surprise.
2.7k words
4.77
13k
8
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/06/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The evening was beautiful, absolutely still and Alan had intensified Lydia's excitement by refused to even hint what was wonderful about the gorge.

After some thought she decided it must contain some caves with glow-worms. Well they could look pretty spectacular she recalled from what she'd seen on a program on TV.

They were on the double seat behind the skipper's control console. As the nominated first mate (she objected to the term, saying it suggested other women were having a piece of him) Lydia was in charge of the spot light. With the low speed restriction on the sound the craft was fitted with a 20hp motor instead of the recommend motor three times more powerful.

Of course slow speed meant a dryer experience with no spray flying about.

"That's where Arch lives," Alan said above the reasonably quiet low-revving motor, looking to his right.

"It's the same side as us," Lydia said.

"His pad is the luxury model metal shed, two of them actually, that his company produced particularly for the life-style small block farmers who usually were retired farmers or greenies from the city. He'll be watching porn videos."

"Alan!"

"I meant to say he'll be reading something by Leo Tolstoy."

Lydia said she was surprised he knew of Tolstoy.

"I was bought up proper," he said in a funny accent and then said his mother was a literary person and had him progressively ready classic books of increasing difficulty throughout his teens.

"We're turning into Isobel Inlet which leads into the larger Josephine Sound but we shall go only as far as the Dark Passage. Keep the spotlight steady over the bow. Don't become nervous as we progress and the inlet walls become rather sheer and the only source of illumination is our light."

Lydia became uncomfortable as it was a little scary and the sound of the motor was amplified off the hard rock vertical surface on both sides of them, the distance between the walls becoming as little as 20 feet.

"Here we are," Alan said as he briefly slipped the motor into reverse to stop their forward momentum and the switched off the outboard.

"Yes its's spooky but..."

"Turn off the light."

"Oooh it's now very spooky. Alan I don't..."

"Slide your bum forward on your seat and look skywards," Alan said, taking her hand romantically.

"O-m-i-g-o-d," Lydia drawled. "Although we are looking up a relatively narrow gap I see stars, tens of thousands of them, brighter than I've ever seen stars before. It's unbelievable."

"This spot is not publicised because it's narrow and subject to wind and tidal surges which makes it a dangerous place. Geologists say this 300ft deep fissure in a narrow part of the mountain range was split during a severe ancient earthquake and purely by chance it perfectly linked the two valleys that were or become sunken valleys that we know as sounds."

Twenty minutes later Alan exchanged seats with Lydia after explaining the controls.

"Okay now turn Sally around carefully without touching the granite hard sides and then take us out at say 4 knots. I'm giving you this lesson now because in the morning I want you to go down to the store at 6:00 and pick up a small plastic crate of fresh bread, another of milk, packs of butter and spreads and the morning newspaper."

"I put the order through to Patricia Briscoe this afternoon by radio and she said she'd place it outside the doorway under a cover when she gets up at 6:00. But the time you return some guys will be here with your potter's shed. It's a disused milking shed plus a processing room attached from a former small goat farm now merged into a dairy farm that milks about 1100 cows."

"Oh."

"What's wrong?"

"I was expecting... well expecting an as-new shed I suppose."

"Well at lease you'll have a roof over your head and potter's wheel plus plenty of room for displays of product and storage."

"Thanks darling, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful.

"That's okay; you're entitled to fantasize."

As they headed down sound, er down the sound toward home, Lydia wondered when Alan was living alone did he watch porn videos while stroking his dick and was he creative enough to perform to the background beat of music. That gave her an idea.

Alan had showered and was in bed when Lydia was still sorting through cartons of his collection of CDs.

"Come on," he grumbled, have a shower and come to bed; it's late.

"Ah got it," she cried and turning off the lights said she'd have a shower after sex.

"Christ do I have to engage in sex? I'm tired and we have a big day tomorrow."

"Yes, absolutely."

"Okay then."

"Alan when you lived here alone and masturbated nightly, never complaining you were tired, did you ever do it to music?"

"I've never masturbated in my life."

"Answer me truthfully."

"I'd stroke away watching a video probably with a chick riding a guy with her tits flopping about as if they were possessed; why would I need to also listen to music?"

Lydia, who was undressing, scooped up the remote and pointed it through the doorway to the CD player.

As the music started he said instantly, "Ravel's 'Bolero', why are we listening to that?"

"Well Mr Engineer it's apparent you don't know everything. The music is superbly erotic."

"Eh are you talking about Bolero?"

"Yes the music starts, the guy puts it in and very slowly at first the couple bangs in time with the beat and gradually as the tempo increasing the couple increase their pace and then after something like fifteen minutes as the orchestra reaches a final crescendo guess what?"

"The repeat play kicks in to restart at the beginning."

"I didn't mean that. When their banging reaches a crescendo in time with the music they both come with explosive climaxes too."

"Lydia doesn't that carry on debase the music?''

"I'm pretty sure the music as written doesn't involve a bass."

"Oh god Lydia, spare me. Restart the music and open wide and I'll put it in and we'll test this bit or erotica or piece of nonsense."

Lydia took over the leadership.

She told Alan to calm himself and reduce expectations because they would be off to a very slow start.

"Very slow?" he groaned.

"Very slow," she said emphatically. "Remember your full cooperation is required and don't you dare ejaculate prematurely."

She licked two fingers to prepare for his entry and frowned at him.

"Um slow and cooperatively," he said and she kissed the tip of his nose as they both lay on their side and she raised her upper leg and smiled sweetly as he pushed into the channel.

"Slow, much slower... catch the beat."

He yawned and complained it was proceeding so slowly he'd fall asleep.

"Alan if your behaviour results in us fucking up I'll give you more than blue balls."

"I'm cooperating," he said hastily.

Lydia returned from douching herself in the shower.

She cooed, "We did rather well and in fact I thought it was heavenly."

But Alan was asleep.

"We just missed a perfect dual explosive finish but we'll work on that," she said, flopping down to face away from him, wondering why she was in such a depressing hole rather than excitedly reuniting with her former school friends in Houston.

She sighed and thought but life would appear brighter once she was back into working with clay. In fact she was experiencing an improvement in life generally because in the locality where she was now people really cared for one another. As for the crime rate, what was that?

* * *

Next morning Lydia was up and away in the IRB at 5:45 that was fifteen minutes before Sleepy Head's alarm would pull him from sleep. It would be a big day for her but even a bigger day for Alan directing the crews working on placement of her pottery studio, a dirty and decrepit milking shed for goats and an extension where cheese and whatever had been produced. Oh yuck.

Alan had said he'd arranged for a bit of a clean and a facelift but what would he know about a potter's needs. The dope should have consulted her. Fucking men!

She headed down sound... god there she was pretending to be a local again. The skippers of two boats going up THE sound, both males she'd never seen before, waved and called out good morning Lydia.

Oh no word had spread that she stared at the windows of masturbating men at night and she only had sex when accompanied by an orchestra.

She giggled at her wit and then thought, ah those two male skippers probably each had a brain and deduced they had not seen her before and she was blonde with two big lumps on her chest and cruising down sound in Alan Meadows' RIB then she must be Alan's new bed mate that everyone was talking about, that she was Lydia something.

"Wow I'm half-famous within my lifetime," she giggled and abruptly reduced power and steered closer to the shoreline as a barge with yellow warning lights flashing and a large shed sticking out beyond both sides of the barge came out of the early morning mist.

The skipper gave a warning burst on a siren and she waved in acknowledgement she'd sighted them.

The skipper called through a sound system, "Good morning Lydia"

She gave up and thought probably even the dogs and cats around there knew who she was.

Lydia saw Jamie Johns in the wheelhouse waving. Ah he would have told Captain Nemo or whoever she was Lydia who fucked to music.

Jamie leaned out of a side window and called, "You're the prettiest skipper on the sound."

"Thank you but aren't you supposed to... Omigod this hulk is my pottery studio-to-be. But I was expecting a heap of crap holding together by nails."

"Yeah it was when I first saw it love. But Alan told me to give it a bit of a rebuild and fit it out like a proper studio."

"But you guys know nothing about studio design."

"Quite right love but there's something called the Internet that you might not have in America. I looked up various designs and picked what I thought was best and radioed Alan and he authorised me to have it wired in both 240-volt and 12-volt for battery backup in case your generator should be on stand-by or fail."

"The internal plumbing has been done with two basin, one by the wheel as recommended and there is also a wall plug for you electric kiln if you want one, a gas kiln is already installed, the throwing table... oh you will see the rest."

"Oh Jamie, you darling. I'm so thrilled that you and Alan have worked together so beautifully on the restoration and upgrade and I can see solar panels on this side of the pitched roof."

"Yeah and skylights are spaced apart on the other side to increase natural lighting over your work stations."

Lydia stopped the motor to try to take in everything as the barge passed her slowly. She gasped when she saw the large sign over the entrance door. The big lettering stated 'Arundel Pottery & Collectables' and below that in smaller lettering, 'Lydia Kennedy, ex-US, Resident Potter'.

She burst into tears, in joy and thinking she was surrounded by wonderful men.

Lydia collected the groceries and a half-mile short of home passed the barge, moving at about 3 knots.

Jamie leaned out of the window again and slowing the speed of the IRB Lydia said, "Jamie I am unbelievably happy and I think you and Alan are wonderful men and you too Captain Nemo..."

"Lydia hi, my name is Sid Walters, forget the title."

"Well I also pay premature tribute to all those people who'll be helping today. This truly is wonderful community action at work."

"It will be providing you guys have got in the beer."

"Alan checked yesterday and said he had thirteen dozen in storage and wine for the ladies."

"That's great Lydia. We'll be into the grog earlier than expected because Sid's boss had cut and industrially-painted three steel salvaged RSJs and the shed er studio will rest on them, eliminating the need to pound in the heavy steel piles."

"The guys on hand will haul up pebbles from the shore to lay under the RSJs to keep them above surface water during heavy rain to increase their durability."

Hmmm. Lydia thought she knew what she meant and smiled appreciatively.

About 1.30 when Arch with his laser-level reported the studio as everyone now called the shed was at perfect level, the work was done and Lydia yelled "Lunch."

The men ignored her and headed for the table loaded with chilled beer.

She was so disappointed.

And then on the sound she heard and incoming motor, and another and more. Within 30 minutes the pebble beach had disappeared under the side-by-side beached watercraft and larger ones were rafted (moored side-by-side) in deeper water.

Dozens of women, most of whom she'd never met before were calling her Lydia and baskets, crates, things called chilly bins and long boxes containing food and drink were spread behind the catering tables and even more tables had arrived to cater for the mass of at least 60 people.

Claire Johns cupped Lydia's chin and delivered a wet kiss and said, "Darling, the sound community really loves to party. Now off you go and perform like a wind-up hostess among the women most of whom you don't know but they know you while I'll direct the catering.

Lydia seized the older woman and gave her a frantic kiss, aware that the catering melee was now in control of expert hands.

"God Lydia don't kiss me like that unless you want me to have sex with you."

Lydia smiled indulgently at her dear near neighbour and smiled, "Oh really, you and do you think you'd survive?"

That appeared to confuse Claire.

During the day Lydia had only managed brief conversations with Alan. Now he was relaxing over a beer and talking to Jamie, Arch and the skipper of the barge Captain Nemo er Sid and a crewman.

She draped her arms around Alan's neck and kissed him affectionately.

"Thanks darling. Jamie took me on a tour of inspection of the studio and it's amazing, and the layout is better than I think I would have managed."

"Thanks it was my intension to float you over the moon."

The other guys laughed at Alan's eloquence and Arch asked for one of those kisses, and got it, and noticing the expression on the faces of the other three men Lydia kissed them without holding back on enthusiasm.

When she pulled away Lydia felt she'd just created a fan club.

Someone who'd gone on to the Miranda to look at progress found the remote for the CD player and turned on the music and put it up loud.

The slow mind-strumming sound of 'Bolero' boomed out and Lydia, standing with Claire Johns who'd just introduced her to an American immigrant Mrs Eva Blackett, formerly from near Casper City, Wyoming, looked horrified at Alan and cupped her ear.

He just laughed and shrugged and that eased her fears that people would start masturbating or copulation to the erotic building sound of the music.

"Oh 'Bolero', Eva said. "My husband in his younger days used to put that LP track on and would come at me leering in anticipating unbelievable sex. God is made us both so horny.

Lydia and Claire gave the appearance of being shocked but Eva wasn't backing off."

"Have either of you being gripped in a slow bang to the slowing rising tempo of 'Bolero."

"Yes," Lydia whispered.

Claire boasted bravely, "Yes including once over the dining table after we brushed aside dishes and table settings."

The three women closed into a giggling huddle, arms around each other.

Later when waving off the last noisy guests just before 10:00, Lydia recalled that moment in the huddle with those two older women.

She couldn't recall ever having such a homely feeling probably because she'd lived with her family in 14 different localities including five places abroad as her father, an engineer involved in oil and gas production, was frequently relocated by the international corporation that had employed him for most of his life.

More Coming