Aidan and Katie Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CABONE
CABONE
1,287 Followers

I grinned back, "Works for me, but really, thank you."

He said no more. We finished lunch and walked back to the office. We parted ways at the door. "Aidan, take the rest of the day off. You worked late last night, were in early this morning and now with the job offer, your adrenaline has to be off the charts. Go home and relax, OK?"

"Sure boss; thanks." I said and headed up to my office.

I went in, cleaned up what I had been working on and shut down my computer and I was leaving by two. I took the opportunity to look at three or four loft apartments nearby and fell in love with a two bedroom unit that had great views of the city. It was in a renovated nineteenth century factory building. It had polished concrete floors, exposed ceilings with flat black painted ductwork and rough brick walls. The appliances were all glossy black and the accents stainless steel. It had a clean modern look combined with the rough basics of the old factory. It looked like a bachelor pad. It had a second bedroom that would be perfect for my home office. It also came with a parking space and since I would be walking to work, I could leave my truck there and park my company car in the garage at work. It was a place out of my dreams. It was very expensive, but now I could afford it. I was ecstatic. I signed a lease, took the keys and was assured that the unit would be available to move in by the weekend.

I went home and called a moving company. I decided that I could afford it now and I really didn't want to mess with the difficulty of moving into an apartment. I set the move up for Monday, deciding to make a long weekend of it.

Then I made reservations at The Capital Grille, Katie's favorite restaurant. I sent her a text, saying that I had news and we were going out for dinner at eight and she needed to plan accordingly. I wanted to pre-empt any thoughts she might have of hanging around after school. I dug out my black suit with grey pinstripes, a crisp white shirt and red silk tie. I polished my shoes and then I went to a florist and bought Katie some daisies, her favorite.

Katie got home about four thirty and after thanking me for the flowers, demanded to know what was going on and I refused to tell her. I asked if her car was clean and she said it was not. I told her to dress nicely for our date.

"Date?" She said, raising and eyebrow. "What do you mean, date?"

"I'm taking you out for a special dinner and I want to show you off." I said. "Dress as though you were going out with Emma Watson." I knew that she thought Ms. Watson was the hottest woman alive and I also knew that would pique her interest.

I went out and cleaned up the inside of her car and then ran it through a drive thru car wash. When I got back, she was nowhere to be seen. I heard her shower running and I knew she had started getting ready. I took a shower and then took my time getting ready. I tucked the offer sheet and the lease, along with a brochure from my new apartment into my inside coat pocket and hung the jacket on a chair. Then I sat down to watch TV. After a while I checked my watch and it was closing in on seven o'clock. We would need to leave soon if we were going to make our reservation.

Katie stepped out of the room and stood shyly at the door. "How do I look?" She asked softly.

I stood, turned to look at her and was stunned speechless. She slowly twirled so that I could get the full effect of the dress, and of her. The black cocktail dress left her right shoulder bare and had a dramatic drape over the left that swept down the back, angling to the hem. The drape included a ruffled edge trimmed in silver that floated around her arm. The hem was about two inches above the knees, her beautifully tanned legs shimmering beneath the dress. She had silver, sling back, high heeled shoes adorning her feet. Her long brown hair was pulled back into a high, tight ponytail, bound by a silver band that matched her shoes. The end of the ponytail flipped up and bounced sexily behind her. In short, she was devastatingly beautiful.

"I, I, I..." I stammered.

She laughed, her joy at rendering me speechless evident. "So, I take it that you think that I look OK?"

I just nodded, unable to form a coherent sentence.

"Good!" She grinned, "I got the reaction I wanted." She breezed past me, her lips grazing my cheek, the back of her hand grazing the front of my bulging pants saying, "Aren't you coming?"

She stopped and waited at the front door, grinning, watching me scramble. I ran to the front door and pulled it open for her. Then I ran out to the car and held the door for her again, this time holding her hand as she gracefully descended into the seat. Finally, I ran around the car and threw myself into the driver's seat. Katie giggled at my obvious fluster with her gorgeousness.

"Gee, Aidan," she giggled, "Is this your first date in a while, or something?"

I took a deep breath and turned to her. "Yes, it is. You know it is. It doesn't hurt that I am escorting the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

She blinked in surprise, tears glazing her eyes. "Aidan, you're too sweet. You mean that don't you?"

I nodded, not wanting to spoil the moment.

"Thank you." She whispered, holding out her hand. I reached out and she took my hand in hers, briefly stroking the back of my hand against her soft, smooth cheek, before kissing it lightly. She held my hand in her lap as I drove.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

I smiled. "It's a surprise."

She smiled back. "OK."

I pulled up in front of The Capital Grille and she looked at me in surprise. "Aidan? Can you afford this?" Her eyes narrowed, "Are we going dutch?"

I laughed. "Yes, I can afford this and no, we are definitely not going dutch."

"OK," She said suspiciously, as the valet opened her door and another opened mine. I took the claim check and escorted my beautiful date into the restaurant. As we passed through the ornate entrance, I glanced back at the valets as they stared at Katie's magnificent butt. I cleared my throat and the teenagers blushed and spun around. I started laughing at their embarrassment.

Katie looked at me with suspicion. "What?"

I said, "In a minute."

We were escorted to a secluded table and the hostess lit the candle before she left. Our server came over and asked if we had been there before and we smiled and responded that we had.

"Is this a special occasion?" The petite Asian girl asked.

Before Katie could respond, I said, "Yes it is."

"Could I get you something to drink?" She asked.

I looked at Katie, "Do you mind?" She just shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Could we get a bottle of Willakenzie Estate Pinot Noir?" I smiled.

"Excellent, sir," She said, "My name is Mina, we'll be back in a moment with your wine. I'll leave you alone for now. "

Katie looked at me. "For someone who hasn't dated in a long time, you are doing really well."

I smiled. "I've been on the website today, trying to make choices that will make this perfect."

She smiled, "So far, so good. So what's this surprise and special occasion?"

I said, "Wait until the wine..."

The sommelier came up with the wine, presented it and poured a taste for me. It was exactly what I had been expecting and I told him as much. He smiled and poured the wine and disappeared.

Katie tasted it and smiled, "This is very good."

"I was hoping it would be." I smiled back.

"OK," Katie said, now what's this big surprise?"

I pulled the offer sheet out of my jacket and slid it across the table. She raised an eyebrow, but unfolded the paper. The surprise on her face was undeniable.

"Aidan!" She exclaimed in surprise, "Is this real?"

I grinned, unable to contain my pride. "Yes it is."

She got up, came around the table and threw her arms around me, kissing me, hard. "Congratulations, baby! I'm soooo proud of you. You really deserve this!" She kissed me again before going back and sitting down.

"Thank you, Katie." I smiled, "It really means a lot coming from my big sister."

"So, what now?" She asked with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked back.

She scowled, "A question with a question? I thought we were past that."

I blushed, "I didn't know what you were asking, I'm sorry."

"Oh, OK." The scowl was replaced by a smile. "I mean, we've talked about you getting your own place. Does this confirm that decision?"

I blushed again, hanging my head, not replying.

She started laughing, "Impetuous, impulsive, impatient Aidan has struck again, hasn't he?"

"I prefer to think of it as decisive." I replied defensively.

She stuck out her hand. "Let me see the lease!"

Sheepishly, I pulled the lease and the brochure out of my jacket and slid them across the table.

She looked at the lease, her eyes widening and then the brochure. I had circled the floor plan for my new apartment. "Wow! She exclaimed. "That is really nice looking," she raised an eyebrow, "and expensive."

"I know," I mumbled, "but it's really cool and I fell in love with it."

"Stop it Aidan." Katie said firmly. "Look at me."

I looked up. "I'm not mad, I'm not hurt; this is what we talked about. It's OK. It really is OK, Aidan. I want you to be happy and we both need to move on." She spoke gently, holding my hand.

"Really?" I said, "It's OK, you're not mad?"

She smiled, "Actually, I'm happy for you and a little jealous." She paused, looking into my eyes, and then broke the mood entirely, "Can we eat? I'm starving!"

I laughed, startled. I caught Mina's eye and she came over. "Are you ready to order?"

I looked expectantly at Katie. Not surprisingly she deferred to me. "I'm not completely sure, you go ahead."

I shook my head. "OK. I'll have the Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil salad with the 12-year Aged Balsamic."

Katie said, "Ooooh, that sounds good."

I looked at her, "Do you want to go ahead?"

"No, you finish." She answered, blushing.

"OK," I glared at her, Mina looking uncomfortable. I looked up at her. "It's OK, she's my sister and she's been doing this to me my entire life."

Mina giggled, "I do the same thing to my little brother."

"Sisters," I sighed and Mina and Katie giggled. "I'll have the Double Cut Lamb Rib Chops, medium rare."

"Would you like any sides with that?" Mina asked, politely.

"I don't think so, thanks." I replied.

She turned to Katie, "and for you?"

"I think I'll have the Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil salad with the 12-year Aged Balsamic, too." Katie said. "I'd also like the Sliced Filet Mignon with Cipollini Onions and Wild Mushrooms, medium rare and no other sides, please."

I flipped the menu over and saw something. "Mina, I'd like to add something."

"Certainly, sir. What else could I get for you?" Mina asked.

"We'd like the Lobster Mac 'N' Cheese." I grinned.

"Oooh, that's my favorite!" Katie squealed.

Mina giggled, "Mine, too. Will that be all?"

"I believe so, for now, thank you." I said with a smile.

"Thank you, sir." Mina smiled, and it looked like a genuine smile.

"She likes you." Katie said.

I looked up and a grin was trying to break through.

"Would you stop doing that?" I said and she laughed.

"I can't help it, Aidan," she said giggling, "you just get so embarrassed. But she does, you know."

"OK," I said, "so what?"

"So nothing," she said, reaching across and holding my hand. "I just want you to find someone."

"Katie," I said, "it's OK. I'll find someone. Maybe I should start pointing out girls to you. What do you think?"

She grinned, "Point taken."

They brought the food. It was terrific. We talked through the rest of dinner about my new job and her job. She told a couple of funny stories about her kids in school. All in all it was a very pleasant evening. It was also really expensive, but worth it. After I paid, Katie went to the restroom and I went to get the car. The timing was perfect as Katie walked out as the car arrived. The teenage valets were a little more discreet in their ogling of Katie's ass, but they still did it. They both looked back at me when I cleared my throat, embarrassed again.

I motioned for them to come over and they did, both looking very nervous. "Guys, you can do whatever you want, but I would use a little more discretion when checking out the ladies. Most guys would not be happy with you checking out their ladies. I'd hate for you to get your asses kicked, if you could avoid it. Just be more careful, OK?" I handed them each ten bucks and walked away. I looked back at them as I was getting in the car and they were nodding at me. I hoped my advice would be well received.

As I drove away, Katie asked, "What was that about?"

As I explained what I had done with the kids and why, Katie started laughing.

I glanced over at her, "What?"

"You probably have put a dent in those kids psyche's a mile wide." She laughed. "Every time they look at some woman's ass, they are going to immediately look around to see who's going to kick their ass. Aidan, you're too funny."

"Uh-huh..." I muttered.

"OK, that's enough of that." She said. "Are you going show me your new place?"

I sighed, "All I can do is show the building to you. I can't get into my apartment until Saturday."

She grinned, "Then show it to me."

"OK," I said.

We drove down to the building and Katie wanted to park and get out. We walked around the neighborhood, just to see what was nearby. We found a small grocery store within a couple of blocks. There were a lot of trendy clubs and brew pubs within a short walk. I enjoyed walking with Katie, exploring what would soon be my new neighborhood. Having a beautiful woman on my arm drew some attention and I enjoyed that, also. The longer we walked and explored, the more quiet and withdrawn Katie seemed to get. Finally, she said she was getting tired, so we walked back to the car, I opened the door and she slipped inside.

Katie scooted over and sat next to me, like girls used to do in high school. She snuggled up against me and hung onto my arm. It was sweet and romantic, but she was still very quiet. I opened the door for her when we got to her place and we walked hand in hand into her apartment. I followed her into her bedroom, kicked off my shoes and she looked at me with a sad little smile.

"I'm thinking that you want to make love," Katie said softly.

I smiled, "Only if that's what you want."

"Not tonight," she whispered. "Could you just hold me? I need to be held."

"Sure, Katie," I said, "let me get this suit off and I'll get into some shorts, OK?

She got up on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. "Thanks, Aidie."

"No problem, Sissie." I murmured and went to my room.

She was already in bed when I got in there. I slid in behind her to find that she was in a full length nightgown. It was silky, but it covered her from her neck to her toes. She grabbed my arm and pulled it around her waist, entwining her fingers in mine.

"G'night Aidan," she whispered.

"Night, Sissie." I murmured.

It seemed that she was asleep in moments, judging by her breathing. I wondered what had happened during our evening. Everything was sweet and romantic, and then suddenly she seemed to withdraw again. I was confused, but wouldn't ask her about it unless she brought it up. The next morning she was better, but still quiet.

When I got home that night, she was still withdrawn. I decided to ask what was wrong. I couldn't just let this go. We sat down to dinner and she has hardly said a word and I decided that it was now or never.

"Katie?" I said softly.

She looked up at me briefly, before looking back down at her plate. "What?"

"What's wrong?" I couldn't think of a more circumspect way of approaching her so I decided that directly would be the best approach. "You've been acting all depressed and have been quiet since we saw my apartment building. I want to know what's wrong so that I can help."

She smiled sadly, looking up at me. There were tears glistening in her eyes. "You didn't see her did you?"

"See her, who?" I asked, confused.

"Julie..." She said quietly. "She was walking down the street near your apartment, arm in arm with Ric. She was snuggling up to him...like she used to w-w-with m-m-me. I-I-I m-m-missss h-h-her."

I got up, walked around the table and took her in my arms, holding her as she cried. She buried her face in my chest and sobbed. After a few minutes, she pulled away and after kissing me, went into her room and closed the door.

She wanted to sleep alone over the next several nights. I assumed that I would find her in bed with me when I awoke, but she never came. My days were a blur as I turned over my duties to Bob Reed and my boss started showing me the ropes of my new job. I did remember to set up my utilities for the new apartment so that I would have internet access over the weekend. The weekend came and I was exhausted.

I got up late on Saturday and Katie was gone, so I decided to move my computer stuff to the apartment and set up my wireless network. I went to the storage unit and retrieved everything I would need, including the desk and chair. I got Dave to help me move the desk into my apartment but he didn't stay, he left to have lunch with Reagan. I felt a pang of jealousy that he was in a stable relationship. I wasn't sure what I was in with Katie, particularly since she was acting so erratically.

My mind was on Katie and what we had...didn't have as I did the mindless work of wiring the desktop computer, printers, etc. I reached no definitive conclusions on our non-relationship as I finished up. As I sat idly surfing the web, my phone rang.

It was Katie, "Hey little Bro, what're you doing?"

"I just finished setting up the network and computers in my office in the apartment," I said. "What are you up to?"

"I went shopping with some friends and just had a girl's day." She said.

"Ahh," I said sagely. "Have fun?"

"Yes, I did." She said with a firmness I hadn't heard from her in a while. She also sounded more relaxed and happy than she had recently.

"Sooo," I said slowly, "What's up?"

"Why don't you come and get me and show me your new place?" She said brightly. "I wanna see it!"

I just laughed. "OK, I'll be there in about a half hour. You know there are less places to sit than the house had just before I moved, right?"

She giggled, "Yeah, yeah, just get here, OK?"

"OK," I laughed, "See ya."

I drove to Katie's and she was waiting out front when I got there. She was smiling and kissed me on the cheek, having climbed in my truck. She didn't scoot next to me again, staying on her side.

"Hey, Baby Bro'," she said, "how you doin'?"

"Fine, Joey," I said, "How are you?"

She laughed, "I'm good."

We talked about the balance of the week since we had been out to dinner. She didn't talk about what had been bothering her and I didn't ask. We got to the apartment building and I parked in the garage. We rode the elevator to my floor and Katie was very impressed with the building.

I let us into the apartment and Katie said, "Wow! Aidan, this is really, really cool. I'm soooo jealous!"

I couldn't help but grin. "Thanks, Sissie. I really like it."

"I love the black appliances and the black countertops." Katie gushed. "It's so cool," she repeated.

She went down and looked in my office and then into my bedroom. After walking around, she asked, "What will you do about furniture?"

"I don't know," I said. "Probably just use what I've got for a while. I'll think about getting some more later."

"I don't think so!" She said emphatically. "You are not going to live like a gypsy! We're definitely going furniture shopping in the morning!"

CABONE
CABONE
1,287 Followers