Alexandros: Ch. 38-39

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rashida mourned over the loss of her father, brother and mentor, Madu. Khaldun was probably more affected by Ako's death than any of us. With Pharaoh dead and Ako not alive to take the throne, the responsibility fell onto Rashida's shoulders. It was not a responsibility she wanted to take.

"You have to take the throne and rebuild the lives of the people," Khaldun said pleadingly.

"No. I cannot," Rashida said tearfully.

"If you don't your father's council will fight for it."

"Then you take it," she offered.

"Me?"

"You are a good leader and you have purpose," I interjected.

Khaldun seemed to ponder over the idea. "What do I say of you?" He finally asked after several minutes.

"Tell them I died along with my father and brother. You are the general of the army and you feel it is your responsibility to do this."

"And you will have the army to back you," I offered.

"What of you Alexandros?" he asked.

"Me? Don't tell them anything or tell them whatever you wish. I was a drifter coming here and I am a drifter leaving out."

Khaldun laughed. "You may be a drifter but you are also as great a friend as anyone could ask for." He grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug. "You are taking the jewel of the kingdom; you better take care of her."

"You are worried about her? I think it's her that will be watching my back."

We all three laughed heartily. It felt good to laugh. It relieved all the tension and sorrow we let build up.

"Where will you go from here?" Khaldun asked at last.

"Not sure, but I cannot imagine we are the only two with this ability and I am sure Vectivus is not the only threat in this world."

"I agree with you."

"Keep no record of this. The world is better off for not knowing of it," I instructed.

"I understand, but I have to question why."

"I don't quite understand it myself. It was something Madu wanted to ensure happened."

"Very well. May you live long my friends."

"And the same for you my friend."

Khaldun turned to leave us alone outside the city gates with the soft blowing winds. I looked at Rashida, stroking her cheek. "My wife, my love."

"I'm ready if you are my husband, my life," she said back reading my mind. She then pulled me in for a kiss.

I don't know what to expect from this point on, but I leave this book behind as a record of all that happened here. Khaldun has promised to hide it away until someone worthy comes along to uncover it.

——

A knock came at the glass door. Both men look up to see Lewis standing and waving. Sternigan waves the young man in. "Yes Lewis?"

"Master Sternigan, your guest has arrived."

"Reeds?"

"Yes sir."

"Very well. Make sure he is comfortable. I will be with him shortly."

"Yes sir."

After Lewis exits, Sternigan turns back to Furloft. His expression holds a look of jubilation. "Get started on what we discussed. I have a feeling this is only the beginning."

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
IntruderjamesIntruderjamesover 5 years ago
Thanks

Despite the chapters being short and confusing I enjoyed the read.

But you do need proof reader...

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

A great series. I enjoyed reading every chapter. Thank you.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Alexandros Series Info

Similar Stories

The Last Demigod Ch. 01 The last Demigod stands before the extinction of all.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Quest for the Dragon Soul Pt. 01 After the war, Khaln must face his mother.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
New Life in a New World Ch. 01 A young soldier is thrown into a world of fantasy and danger.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Missing Dragon An elusive fire breathing monster leads him to a new world.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Demeter's Tempest Demeter (Fertility) Recruits H.S. guy help w Global Warming?in Novels and Novellas
More Stories