All Is Fair Ch. 02

Story Info
Brooks worries.
4.1k words
4.7
31.2k
47
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brooks spent the entire flight holding the delicate human. She never so much as fluttered an eyelash. The wound on her neck disgusted him, but it didn't bleed like the slice on the back of her head she received after falling. He wanted to take her straight to the nearest hospital, but his Betas convinced him she would be better off seeing the den doctor.

Their car barely stopped moving when Brooks jumped out. He ran up to the lodge with her still in his arms. A few Omegas spotted him with giant grins, but one look at his stone cold face and their friendly greetings vanished. They ran ahead and held open the doors for him.

Brooks had a one track mind when he carried her down to the medical area. The Benson pack had three doctors, but at this time the only one on duty was Wayne. The older wolf stood up and walked towards Brooks.

"What have we here?" Wayne asked. "A human?"

Brooks griped her body closer to him and snarled at Wayne. The doctor immediately understood what was happening and took a step back.

"Where is Melanie?"

The only doctor who was getting near his mate was the female one.

"She's out for a run," Wayne said. "She won't be back for several hours."

Wayne took a step closer and a low growl came out from Brooks' mouth.

"She is your mate," Wayne said. "I understand, but if you want to make sure she is okay you will have to let me touch her. I promise, nothing will happen. You have to trust me."

Brooks was reluctant, but she hadn't so much as moved a muscle during the four our flight. He brushed past Wayne and went to an examination table, carefully lying her down. Brooks positioned her so she was on her side, the gash in the base of her head visible. Brooks peeled away the small towel he had been holding over her wound.

The door to the medical clinic opened and Brooks flung his head up. Standing in the doorway was Andrew. Brooks respected how Andrew had kept his cool throughout the flight and not pestered Brooks with any questions, but now that they were on pack territory Andrew wouldn't hold out much longer.

"Is it her?" Andrew asked.

"You will stand guard outside this door," Brooks said. "Do not move from your post. Do not let anyone in here, including yourself."

"Rebecca will want to see her," Andrew said.

"Your mate is to come nowhere near mine," Brooks said.

Brooks' eyes went red again. He didn't want to see the woman who abandoned his mate, who caused her any distress. Andrew lowered his head and walked out of the room.

Brooks' attention returned to the man who was examining her head.

"A nasty gash," Wayne said. "She will need stitches. Did anything else happen to her? I don't see why this would keep her unconscious."

Brooks dropped his hand down to his mate's head. He swiped her hair away from her neck. The two puncture marks looked up at him. They made him hate himself. That he was too late and some harm came to her.

"Oh," Wayne said.

"We found her while he was...feeding."

Brooks barely got the words out without choking.

Wayne reached his hand forward to take her pulse. Brooks kept his eyes glued to the man. When his fingers touched her skin Brooks felt like his own was on fire. He had to force his wolf down, he was flinging himself forward urging Brooks to attack the doctor.

"I don't want this information to spread around the pack," Brooks said. "I am trusting you to keep this private."

Wayne nodded his head.

"Her pulse is pretty faint," Wayne said.

"Can we give her a transfusion?" Brooks said. "You can take my blood."

"That won't be necessary," Wayne said. "While not as strong as ours, the human body is still quite capable. Her blood will regenerate itself."

"So she will be alright?" Brooks said.

"Physically," Wayne said. "After this much blood loss she will stay asleep for a while though, as long as a week."

He came back with his supplies and started slowly stitching up the back of her head.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Brooks asked. "Physically alright?"

"Based on your behavior she hasn't accepted you as her mate?" Wayne asked.

"She hasn't had the chance," Brooks said.

He crouched down, so his head was level with her face. He ran his hand across her soft cheek. He never would have thought beauty like this could exist in the world. She still didn't stir.

"Once she wakes up she will," Brooks said.

All mates fell in love the moment they saw each other. It didn't matter if one was human. His mother used to describe her feelings the first time she saw his father. There was no way it could be as strong as what Brooks was feeling right now. His mate would feel the same. He reached down and griped her hand, certain on some level she knew he was there.

"What do you know about Vampire bites?" Wayne asked.

"Vampires only bite a person if they're going to kill them," Brooks said.

He thanked the stars he was there before she was drained completely.

"Or turn them," Wayne said. "All finished."

Brooks looked at the doctor. He was done stitching her up, but still sitting close to her. Brooks growled and lunged across her sleeping body, pushing the doctor back and out of his chair. With a single movement he scooped her up in his arms.

"Send Melanie to my room when she gets back," Brooks said.

Wayne kept his eyes to the ground. Brooks didn't have the time to feel bad for shoving the doctor. He knew the danger of being between two mates who had yet to accept each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*

Brooks was aware of the commotion he was causing among the den. He didn't care. He paced outside his bathroom. Behind the closed doors a few trusted Beta females were bathing his mate. Brooks's wolf thought it should be them in there with her, but doing something so intimate with an unconscious woman didn't feel right.

A knock on his door stopped his pacing. Brooks knew right away it was Andrew. His senses felt heightened since this evening. He opened the door. Andrew held a suitcase in his arms.

"Can I come in?" Andrew asked.

Brooks's eyes went red again. He wouldn't let another male anywhere near his mate until she accepted him. Brooks forced himself to calm down and stepped into the hall, closing the door behind him.

"I brought her belongings," Andrew said.

"That is all she owned?"

Brooks looked at the small bag. He bent down and unzipped the suitcase. He pulled a laptop off the top. Underneath there were a handful of shirts, two pairs of jeans, one pair of sneakers, and some socks and underwear.

"They all look dirty," Andrew said. "Do you want me to have them cleaned?"

"Burn them," Brooks said. There was no way his mate was going to wear these rags.

He continued to sift through the suitcase. A few pieces of makeup, they looked new, as if they'd only been used once. He checked the side pocket and pulled out a photograph. It looked about twenty years old, a portrait of a happy family. Brooks flipped it over. In marker in the corner it was said "The Long family, Rebecca 3, Helena 1." The rest of the back had a handwritten note.

I feel silly writing this, knowing nobody will ever read it, but it felt wrong to not leave some final comment. My family is gone. My parents killed when I was little and my sister vanished when I was sixteen. I've spent the last five years surviving every way I know how. But I've been so busy surviving I've forgotten how to live or what I am surviving for. I am sorry if I let anyone down, but I miss my family. This is the only way I can think to see them again. Goodbye.

"This reads like a suicide note," Brooks said.

Brooks felt a lump in his heart grow.

"Rebecca said they had a strange upbringing," Andrew said. "That their parents put an intense fear of the night into them. Maybe Helena knew a vampire would come for her."

"Don't say her name," Brooks said.

Brooks had known her name for the last few days, but wouldn't speak it now. Not until she told him from her own lips.

"She is lucky to have you," Andrew said.

"When you saw Rebecca," Brooks said. "Did she accept you as her mate immediately?"

"It was intense," Andrew said. "I saw her, went up and said hello. Less than an hour later we were in the middle of a forest. We didn't even wait to find a bed."

Brooks felt his pants tighten. He had already been around his mate for several hours. Wayne said she might not wake up for a week, he didn't know how he was going to wait that long.

One of the female Betas opened the door to Brooks' room and stuck her head in the hallway.

"Do you have any clothing you want us to dress her in, the dress she was wearing is dirty."

Brooks looked at the pile on the floor.

"Get rid of all of this," Brooks said.

He picked up the laptop and the picture and turned to follow the female Beta back into his room. Brooks went to his closet and was wondering if there was anything he could put her in.

"I have some outfits you used to enjoy," Cecilia said.

Brooks had been so distracted he didn't even notice it was her who was talking with him. He ignored her comment.

"She is your mate isn't she?" Cecilia asked.

"Yes," Brooks said.

Cecilia's face dropped. She hung her head.

"Please ignore my previous comment," Cecilia said.

"If I thought I had anything to worry about from our past relations I wouldn't have picked you to take care of her," Brooks said. "Do you think I should give her a t-shirt?"

Cecilia walked past Brooks and into his giant closet. She went to his underwear drawer and picked out a white ribbed muscle tank and a pair of boxers.

"Will you order her clothes?" Brooks asked. "Just some basics, for the time being."

"I will go into town tomorrow and pick them out myself," Cecilia said.

"Thank you," Brooks said.

Cecilia nodded her head and went back into the bathroom. Brooks went back to pacing, until the door opened again. The three female Weres were trying to balance her, even though it would have only taken one of them to hold her tiny frame. Brooks stepped in and picked her up, cradling her in his arms. He lied her down on his bed, gently resting her head on the pillow before pulling the blankets over her waist.

Brooks was so captivated by her he didn't even notice the female Betas leave the room. Brooks' eyes wondered down her body. Her breast were small, but the perfect size for her petite body. He could see the faint outline of her small pert nipples through the thin white shirt and felt himself grow hard again.

Take her. Take her now. His wolf was demanding him. Brooks took a deep breath and closed his eyes, forcing his wolf back. He pulled the covers up further, covering the rest of her body. He leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead.

It did not take Brooks much time to get ready for bed and turn off the lights. He went towards his open curtain. The sun was starting to rise. He shut them tight, certain nobody would come to bother him today. He had denied his wants when it came to protecting her from the doctor, and cleaning her himself, but he would not deny himself his want to hold her while he slept.

Brooks sat down on his king sized bed. She was only taking up a small portion on the side, but he wrapped his arms around her and brought her more towards the middle. He stayed on his back while she laid on his chest, her head tucked near the crook of his arm. He rubbed her back and thought he heard her let out a little mew. Nothing had ever felt more right to Brooks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooks sat in the chair he had pulled next to his bed. He held the book in his hands, but couldn't concentrate on the words. A knock on the door startled him.

"WHAT?" Brooks yelled.

"Come to the door sweetheart," his mother's voice said back to him.

Brooks wanted to tell her all the reasons he couldn't, but knew she wouldn't take no for an answer. He hoped to make this go quick so he could get back to what he was doing. When he went to the door, he was surprised his mother was not alone. Right next to her was his father. A low growl started in Brooks' throat.

"None of that darling," Brooks' mother said.

"I am still your Alpha," his father said.

Brooks watched as his father's eyes flashed a low orange. Brooks dropped his head and looked away. As the days had passed Brooks had become more and more sensitive to males being anywhere near his mate, but Brooks new better than to take on his father, whether he was the alpha or not.

"You havent' been outside in days," his mother said. "That isn't good for you."

"I want to be here when she wakes up," Brooks said.

"There's no way to predict when that will happen," his mother said. "I want you to go with you father. I will sit with her."

"No," Brooks said. "I won't leave her side."

"It wasn't a request son," his father said.

Brooks looked over his shoulder. She hadn't moved positions. He noticed her breathing had even deepened, almost as if she was falling deeper into slumber.

"You will let me know if she wakes up, and won't leave her side?"

"I promise," Brooks' mother said.

She pushed passed him into the room and went straight for the chair sitting next to the bed. Brooks looked at his father. The Alpha gave a smirk. Brooks could tell the two of the were speaking through their mental link. He didn't want to know what they were talking about. Brooks just wanted to get this over as quickly as possible so he could go back to sitting vigil.

The father and son walked through the large halls of the den. To human eyes they looked more like brothers, with the same dark hair and big blue eyes, and about the same age. But to a werewolf their difference in years was obvious.

"I am sorry you have to go through this," Brooks' father said. "Finding you mate is a joyous occasion."

"I am overjoyed," Brooks said. "I am just anxious. Once she is feeling what I am feeling things will be perfect."

"I am not going to lie," the elder wolf said. "I am missing your hand in the pack affairs. I will be happy once all this is settled."

"She is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen," Brooks said. "It is getting hard being so close to her and not being able to have her."

"Don't worry," Brooks' father said. "Once she awakens the two of you won't be able to keep your hands off each other. Me and you mother were fiends for each other, especially for the first three days. You will understand what I mean."

They made it to the outside. Brooks' father didn't waste any time before shifting into his wolf form. Brooks was quick to follow suit. As he ran through the woods on the Benson property he did feel some of his stress and frustration fade away. His parents were right. This was exactly what he needed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~

Helena wasn't ready to wake up yet. She grabbed the comforter and pulled it up over her shoulder. She felt so warm and safe in the comfy bed. As soon as the thought crossed her mind her eyes popped open. She didn't sleep in huge comfy beds. She slept on thin mattresses with spring poking into her back. She ran her hand along the sheets. They were the finest she had ever felt.

She realized that wasn't the only luxurious thing touching her body. She moved her hand towards her stomach. She looked down to see the lace covering her breasts and the pink satin nightgown that followed.

A piercing headache over took her and she brought her hands up to her ears.

"Dear are you awake?" A female voice asked. "Are you in pain?"

Helena was scared to roll over, so unsure of her surroundings.

"I have some water and some medicine for you," she said.

Someone sat down on the bed next to her and Helena felt her weight shift. A thin arm dropped two pills on the pillow next to her and put a glass of water in her hand. Helena reached out and took them.

"It is just some asprin," she said. "The doctor said you might have a headache when you woke up."

Helena propped herself up on an elbow and took the pills. She felt the woman brush her hair off the shoulders. Something smelled wonderful, like lilacs mixed with honey. Helena dropped her chin and realized it was her. She was very confused. She spun around to face the woman in the bed.

She looked around thirty, with large blue eyes and blond hair,that hung around her in a curly mess. Nothing about her screamed danger.

"My name is Daphne," she said.

"Where am I?" Helena asked.

"You're safe," Daphne said.

"That's not what I asked," Helena said.

She dropped the covers and started to move away from Daphne. She made it to the other side of the bed and Daphne was right next to her in an instant.

"Be careful standing up," Daphne said. "Let me help you."

"How did you move so fast?" Helena asked.

Helena swung her legs over the side of the bed. She forced herself up and was met with an excruciating pain that started in her toes and worked its way up her legs. She almost fell back on the bed, but Daphne wrapped her arms around her waist and helped support her.

"Pins and needles I bet?" Daphne asked. "I'll help you walk around a little, then the feeling will return."

"Thank you," Helena said.

Daphne gave her a warm smile. The two started moving around the room. Helena knew this was not her nightgown. It had thin spaghetti straps and went down to the floor with a slit going up to her thigh. This never would have been her style.

Helena became more aware of the rest of her surroundings. The room was more like an apartment. The bed took up a corner. There was an area with a fireplace and two couches, with a flatscreen television. There were three closed doors along the wall.

"Do you have to use the restroom?" Daphne asked.

"Yes," Helena said. "I think I am fine to walk by myself."

Daphne was hesitant to let her go, but Helena proved herself capable. She walked towards the door Daphne had pointed too and walked into the largest bathroom she had ever seen. The whole room was done in beige marble. There was a stand along shower large enough for at least ten people, complete with a built in bench. Then there was a tub that looked like it could hold at lest five. She eventually found the toilet and relieved herself.

Once she was done she walked over towards the sinks. There were two, along with a built in vanity. The mirror stretched across the entire wall and Helena stopped to examine herself.

She had always been on the thing side, but he collarbone was starting to jut out. She ran her hands down her chest, she could feel the ripple of the bones underneath. Her heart stopped when she caught sight of the bruise on her neck. It was forming around two small puncture holes. The memories came rushing back. The vampire was draining her. She pinched herself, not dead. Someone must have rescued her. Helena wasn't used to receiving help from anyone.

She knew it was logical to want to leave this place, but Helena didn't have a home. She also didn't have a next destination in mind. Either way this situation was unsettling. Helena would do better on her own.

"Are you alright dear?" Daphne asked.

"Are there any clothes I can change into?"

"Sure," Daphne said.

A moment later she was back at the door knocking. Helena opened it a creak.

"Would you like to take a shower too?"

"No thank you," Helena said.

She reached out and grabbed the clothing before Daphne offered to help her dress. It was a pair of black yoga pants and a neon pink t-shirt. Whoever bought these clothes had much different taste than Helena, but she still appreciated the look. She dressed as quickly as possible before going back into the room.

"Those are way too big for you," Daphne said.

"Shoes?" Helena asked.Ignoring Daphne's remark.

"Oh dear," Daphne said. "I don't think we ever picked any up for you."

12