All Is Fair Ch. 13

Story Info
A betrayal is exposed.
4.8k words
4.7
20.9k
27
Story does not have any tags

Part 13 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Helena tried her best to keep calm. The minutes were dragging on like hours and she had to keep still or else risk waking Brooks. She was so happy when he finally rolled over in his sleep and released her. She tried her best to hide the light and checked the time on her phone. It was almost eleven.

She was careful not to make a noise when she walked towards the door. Helena pulled it open a crack and started to sneak out.

"Where are you going?" Brooks asked.

Helena spun around and saw him sitting up in bed. She ran back over towards him.

"Change of plans," Helena said. "Rebecca just got off work and we're going to have some girl time."

"I'll walk you," Brooks mumbled.

"Don't be silly," Helena said. "She's in the hall waiting for me. Don't worry, I won't be alone."

"Are you feeling better?" Brooks asked.

"Lots," Helena lied.

"Take your phone," Brooks said. "In case any trouble follows you."

"I have it right here," Helena said. "I promise, everything is fine. I would never lie to you."

"I love you," Brooks said.

Helena had to take a breath, hoping she could get the words out without breaking down.

"I love you too."

Brooks plopped his head back down on the pillow. He was so tired Helena was surprised he woke up at all. The guilt she was feeling over lying to him was nothing she would feel if her sister or Zachary died. Helena snuck into the hallway. She kept her head down and started to move to the front of the house. There had to be a garage somewhere on the property. She made it to the front doors and glanced around. A young man stood outside, he looked shocked to see her.

"Madam Alpha Junior," he said. "Umm.. I didn't mean that. I mean future Madam Alpha... I mean."

"Helena," she said.

The man let out a little laugh.

"What can I do for you?" He asked. "Is Brooks joining you?"

"I need a car," Helena said. "It's a surprise. He can't know."

The man she was assuming was an Omega gave her a worried look.

"I'm meeting my sister, Rebecca. Her mate is a Beta Andrew? Well she's in town at the bar and she is helping me with a little gift for Brooks," Helena said. "I don't want him to know."

"I heard a rumor you didn't like the night," he said.

"Well don't always believe rumors," Helena said. "Once I give Brooks his present I will be sure to tell him how kind you were to me tonight."

That seemed to make the man smile.

"Josh," he said. "My name is Josh."

"Well Josh," Helena said. "Do you think you could help me out?"

"I still have the spare car parked to the side," he said. "I leave it there exactly for situations like this, but we stop collecting the vehicles at midnight."

"I will just follow my sister home," Helena said. "I'm sure she will tell me where to park it."

"The keys are in the ignition," Josh said.

"Thank you," Helena said. "Do you know the fastest way to get to the bar?"

"Sure," Josh said. "Take the main exit off the property then take a left. Drive for about twenty miles and Miller will be on your right. You can't miss it, there's not much else around."

Helena nodded in appreciation. She was so nervous, but kept the smile on her face until he couldn't see her. She was quick to get in the front seat and turn the ignition over. Helena pulled out the small black phone and entered her message.

Helena: On My Way

There was a knock on her window. Helena dropped the black phone into the passenger's seat. Josh was standing there holding the fancy phone Brooks had given her.

"You dropped your phone," Josh yelled through the glass.

Helena ignored him and hit the accelerator. She knew she couldn't bring it with her, that would make her traceable and count as a trick. Helena worried not taking it from Josh would tip him off that something was wrong, but knew if she had rolled down the window that meant she risked the chance of throwing up on the Omega and completely blowing her cover.

Helena knew what Victor wanted, her. She couldn't think of a way to get out of it without costing Rebecca and Zachary their lives. Helena just needed to get there first. If she traded herself the two of them, they would certainly help Brooks trail her. He was her mate, he would understand and come for her. He had done it once before. Helena told herself this wasn't the end. Brooks didn't know it yet but he would save her.

She knew it was a ridiculous thought, but it was the only one she could focus on that let her keep her foot on the pedal. There were no other options. Helena was pushing ninety when she left the pack grounds and only wished she could go faster.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooks couldn't fall back asleep. He held his phone in his hand, debating on dialing Helena's number. Her words echoed through his head. She wouldn't lie to him. He had to trust her. Still something seemed off tonight. The way she totally shut down. He reminded himself he was new to having a mate, maybe he hadn't learned how to read her well yet. These thoughts circled through his head for five minutes. He debated on checking her phone's GPS, but that felt like just as big a violation of privacy. Helena trusted him, so he should trust her.

After another ten minutes Brooks couldn't take it anymore. He was about to press send when a simple solution came to him. He went to Andrew's number and called him. The phone rang a few times until his Beta answered, he sounded sleepy.

"Hello," Andrew said.

"Hey man," Brooks said. "What are you up to?"

"I was sleeping," Andrew said. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Brooks said. "Nevermind, go back to bed."

"I'm awake now," Andrew said. "What's up?"

"Well I just couldn't fall asleep. I figured since our mates were hanging out maybe you wanted to get together? I even though we might join them, see if the four of us can spend some more time together."

"Rebecca's at work," Andrew said.

"She got off early," Brooks said. "Came by the room and grabbed Helena."

"Not as far as I know," Andrew said. "I talked to her around seven. She said it was slow but she was going to stay late and take inventory. Told me not to wait up."

Brooks let out a growl. He knew his eyes were glowing red. He hung up the phone and went to call Helena. It started ringing, but he could hear the noise coming from outside his door. He jumped out of bed and flung it open. Josh, one of the valets was outside. He had Helena's phone in his hand. The Omega immediately dropped his head, showing his submission to Brooks' wolf.

"I was on my way to tell you," Josh said.

"Where did she go?" Brooks asked.

"To see her sister," Josh said. "The bar. I gave her directions."

Brooks didn't have time to get angry at the Omega. Instead he had to call his father and have him send out a notice on Helena. Brooks was more angry at himself anyway, he should have followed his instincts and never let her leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"She's on her way," Victor said.

"Earlier than we expected," Rebecca said.

She poured another shot and threw it back.

"Getting nervous?" Victor asked.

"Not nervous," Rebecca asked. "I want this done. Then I can go back to my boring life."

"Maybe not for too much longer," Victor said.

"What do you mean?" Rebecca asked.

"You did me a huge favor here," Victor said. "As soon as my time with your sister is done, maybe I can help you out."

"Explain yourself," Rebecca said.

"Well I don't want you getting any ideas about feeling guilty, or sisterly love, or pack loyalty," Victor said. "Based on your personality I probably don't need to worry, but it's nice to have some insurance."

"So what are you offering?"

"I may have a way for you to get your powers back," Victor said.

"Bullshit," Rebecca said. "If that was the case I would have left with you the first day you walked into this dump."

"I didn't have that as a bargaining chip yet," Victor said. "And I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but I have a few ideas. Once I've drained your sister two more times I will start looking into them. You have my word."

"What does someone like you's word mean?" Rebecca asked.

"It means as much as yours does," Victor said. "Now will you keep your mouth shut no matter what?"

Rebecca poured another shot and slammed it, then gave Victor a head nod. She thought he was lying, but didn't think it mattered. She wasn't going to tell anyone anything anyway. Her phone went off. It was Andrew.

"They know," Rebecca said.

"That means your sister has about a twenty minute head start," Victor said. "She should be here any second."

Rebecca dropped her phone on the ground and stomped on top of it.

"Every wolf is going to be swarming this place," Rebecca said. "You need to grab her and get out of here. I'm sure some are closer than the lodge. I don't want her scent to linger too much."

Victor stood up from his chair and went to the window.

"Don't make the same mistake as last time," Rebecca said. "Wait to feed on her until you're in a secure location."

"I have the perfect place," Victor said.

"I don't want to know where it is," Rebecca said.

A car came to a screeching halt outside.

"It's showtime," Victor said.

He went to his spot next to the door and Rebecca started wiping down the bar again. Her nerves were replaced with excitement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Helena had accepted her fate a few weeks ago she was calm and collected. Now everything was different, Helena was terrified. She refused to let her terror paralyze her though. She didn't even bother turning the car off before throwing the door open and running into the bar.

"Rebecca?" Helena yelled.

She was surprised to see her sister casually washing the counter. Rebecca stopped and looked up at her. Helena ran over and leaned over the bar, putting her arms around her sister.

"You're alright," she said. "I was so worried. What happened? Where's Victor? Where's Zachary? We have to get out of here."

"Give me your phone," Rebecca said. "Hurry."

Helena dropped her arms and stuck her hands in her pocket. She didn't realize that her sister never hugged her back.

"I left it in the car," Helena said. "We need to leave. Right now."

Rebecca stayed still and smiled.

"Hello Helena."

The cool voice churned Helena's stomach. She turned to see Victor right by the front door.

"Run," Helena said. "Rebecca we have to run."

"You are just the most pathetic creature on this planet," Rebecca said.

Helena turned around to look at her sister. Rebecca kept the grin on her face. Helena glanced back towards Victor. He was right behind her. She felt his hand on her shoulder and started to struggle.

"Let's not do this the hard way," Victor said. "You were eager the last time we met."

"You set me up?" Helena asked.

"I have to spell everything out for you, like always," Rebecca said. "I hate you. I have always hated you. The way I spent my childhood constantly hearing about how necessary it was to take care of Helena, make sure we protect Helena. At first I thought it was just mom and dad I hated, but a few years in those homes with you made me realize it was you I hated. I should have killed you when I killed the two of them."

"But Abe killed them," Helena said.

"Oh yea," Rebecca said. "Like your vampire night in shining armor would ever do anything to hurt you? I should have killed you back in Michigan, then I would of spared you from killing your only friend."

Rebecca let out a cruel laugh.

"I hate to break up this tearful occasion," Victor said. "But we need to leave."

Helena brought her leg back and tried to kick Victor. She made it a step forward before his hand was on her neck, pulling her backwards.

"I guess we're going to do this the hard way then," Victor said.

Helena felt a rag being pushed against her mouth. She tried to wiggle her head and hold her breath, but she was already feeling faint. The last thing Helena saw before she passed out was her sister's laughing face waving goodbye.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Victor took Helena out the back and Rebecca had to work fast. She needed that phone, or else risk someone suspecting her involvement. On top of that she needed time to spray some air freshener. She ran outside and saw the car was still running with the door open. Rebecca dove in and started feeling around frantically for the phone.

She saw headlights turn into the parking lot and spotted the reflection of the phone. She grabbed it and stuck the small black item in her back pocket just when the door of the new car opened. Rebecca tried to look relaxed as two of the Betas walked over towards her.

"What are you doing?" Nick asked her.

"I saw this car through the window," Rebecca said. "It was running with the door wide open. I was trying to figure out who left it here. I know it's a pack car."

"You need to go back inside," Nick said.

"Is everything alright?" Rebecca asked.

"William you should stay with her," Nick said. "Just in case."

The last thing Rebecca wanted was company. She had to destroy the phone. Forget trying to spray the bar down. At least she could explain Helena's scent by being in the car herself. Before she could think of an excuse William was holding the door open for her. Nick was examining the car.

"Wait," he said. "Did you find anything in here?"

Rebecca shook her head and walked back inside. William followed her. Rebecca went straight behind the bar and bent down. It was too risky having the phone on her right now. She made sure it was switched off and then hid it deep behind the bar.

"Can I get you a drink?" Rebecca asked.

"No thank you," William said.

More headlights appeared in the parking lot. Rebecca hoped that Victor had a far enough lead, wherever he was heading.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooks made it to the bar. The first thing he did was go towards the car. He stuck his head inside and immediately smelled his mate.

"She was here," Brooks said. "Not that long ago, maybe twenty minutes."

He followed her scent to the door and walked inside. Rebecca was sitting at the bar, sobbing into her hands. Andrew drove over with Brooks and went straight to comforting her. She cried into his shoulder. Brooks needed to focus on Helena's scent. It was fading, but he could still smell her. He walked through the bar and out the back door. There were tire tracks leading out to the road. She was here and left this way. Brooks walked back inside and called attention to the thirty or so Betas who were lining the building.

"Helena was here," Brooks said. "She came in the front door and was escorted out the back where someone put her in a car and drove west. I want several cars to head that way. The road goes straight for about ten miles, before it meets the highway. It is worth checking out."

Brooks knew deep down it wasn't. Wherever Helena was she was too far away to trace. Brooks pointed at Rebecca.

"You are going to talk to me," Brooks said. "Tell me everything."

Rebecca looked up from Andrew's shoulder and tried to compose herself. Then she looked up at Brooks with watery eyes.

"There's nothing to tell," Rebecca said. "We were going to try to hang out tonight, but I decided to do inventory. I never saw her."

"You're lying," Brooks said. "I can smell her."

"I was in the basement," Rebecca said. "Counting the stock. The doors were locked. If she was here I don't know how and I didn't see her. I came back upstairs and noticed the car running in the parking lot. I went outside and checked it out. Maybe I got some of her on me and that's what you're smelling."

The door opened again and Brooks swung his head. His mother and father walked inside and ran towards him.

"What happened?" Hugh asked.

"Are you alright?" Daphne asked.

"Helena is missing," Brooks said. "I am far from alright."

"Is it the vampire?" Daphne asked.

"Something happened tonight," Brooks said. "She was fine and then she wasn't. I ignored it. This is my fault."

"You have to focus on finding her," Hugh said. "Not beating yourself up."

Brooks knew his father was right. He had to stay strong for Helena.

"Alert the police," Brooks said. "Send a photograph. I want roadblocks, call in every favor you have. I don't care what sort of attention it draws."

"Do you have a current picture?" Daphne asked.

Brooks pulled out his phone. He started flipping through the billion pictures he had taken of her since she came into his life. Seeing her smile stung him. He picked one and sent it out to the entire pack. He should have introduced her earlier, let everyone know what was happening with her. Then Josh never would have let her leave.

It wasn't the Omega's fault. He was doing the right thing showing up at Brooks' door with her phone. Her phone. Helena didn't drop the burner Rebecca had given her.

"Helena had a second phone," Brooks said. "A little black one. Rebecca do you have the number?"

"I lost my phone tonight," Rebecca said. "I found it out back next to the dumpster. It looked like this."

She handed Brooks over a phone with a shattered screen.

"Someone get this fixed as soon as possible," Brooks said.

A Beta came over and grabbed it out of Brooks' hand.

"It will take me a few minutes to switch the information to a clean screen," he said.

Brooks looked at Rebecca. This was too perfect.

"So you happen to give her a phone where nobody has the number but you, that is a little throw away, completely untraceable and your phone breaks the night she goes missing?"

Brooks knew his eyes were starting to change colors. Rebecca dropped her head.

"What are you excusing me of Alpha?" Rebecca asked.

Andrew stood up from his chair and blocked Rebecca from Brooks. He wasn't about to back down and stepped up to his friend. Brooks only calmed when Daphne touched his shoulder.

"Remember to focus on Helena," she said.

"I'm sorry Rebecca," Brooks said. "I'm a little distracted right now, I know you love your sister. Andrew I think it's best you take her home."

Andrew understood that command. He started to guide Rebecca out of the bar.

"My purse," Rebecca said.

"Leave it," Andrew said.

Brooks watched the couple leave the bar.

"She's lying. Find that phone," Brooks said to the rest of the Betas. "It's here. It has to be. Rip apart this place. I don't care."

"What do you think happened?" Hugh asked.

"I don't know," Brooks said. "But I didn't listen to my instincts earlier and now Helena is missing. Rebecca is at the middle of this, I can't prove it, but I can feel it."

"What can we do?" Hugh asked.

"Helena was on her computer when she got upset," Brooks said. "Call someone at the house and tell them to find what she was looking at. And make sure someone is keeping an eye on Rebecca. I want to know her every movement."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're awake," Victor said.

Helena looked out the window. She didn't respond.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Victor asked.

"Brooks is going to come for me," Helena said. "I have his mark."

"A wolf's mark only means something to other wolves," Victor said.

Helena had to hold in her whimper. She would not let Victor see her cry.

"If you want to cry you can," Victor said. "I won't judge."

They were driving fast. Helena was up in the passenger's seat. Her seatbelt was buckled. She moved her hand so it was on the buckle, ready to pop it off and throw herself from the car. The impact might kill her, but it would be worth the chance.

"I wouldn't do that," Victor said.

He reached over her and tugged on the handle to her door. It didn't open.

"Child safety locks," Victor said. "It only opens from the outside. Besides, if I thought you were going to try to hurt yourself I would have to incapacitate you. That wouldn't be fun for anyone."

12