All Is Fair Ch. 15

Story Info
Secret Talents
4.8k words
4.78
22.8k
34
Story does not have any tags

Part 15 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're the most beautiful creature on the planet," Brooks said.

He dipped his head down and inhaled Helena's hair.

"Are you sniffing me again?" She asked.

She spun around to face him, wearing a huge smile with her head resting on the pillow. She reached up and touched a lock of his hair.

"I love it when this little piece flops forward," Helena said. "It makes you irresistible."

She leaned in and kissed him. Brooks reminded himself to always make sure that piece of hair fell forward. A loud knock came and Helena broke away from him.

Brooks lifted his head. He wasn't in bed with his mate anymore, he was sitting at his desk in his office. The muscles in his back were stiff from sleeping in the awkward position. His mother was in the room, trying to pick up the vase she knocked over.

"Crap," she said. "I didn't want to wake you."

"What time is it?" Brooks asked.

"A little after six," Daphne said. "In the morning."

"I can't believe you let me sleep this long," Brooks said.

He stood up from his desk. He had been going over blue prints of the area Helena was stashed in, trying to find anything worth circling in on.

"Four hours?" Daphne asked. "Everyone is trying their hardest. But you're no good to anyone if you don't get some rest."

Brooks started to walk past his mother.

"Where are you going?" Daphne asked.

"I'm going to check in with the computer team," Brooks said.

He had slept through a large chunk of the night. That was when the vampire was active. He had to know what had been done to his mate during that time. His mother followed him out of the office.

"Are there any updates?" Brooks asked.

"No," Daphne said. "We're doing the best we can. It's just there's a lot of ground to cover and nobody really knows what they're looking for."

Brooks walked into the computer area. Brad, the Beta, was sitting at the monitor.

"Any change?" Brooks asked.

"Still more of the same," Brad said. "This guy is either crazy or cracked out."

Brooks looked at the screen. The vampire was doing push-ups.

"How long until sunrise?" Brooks asked.

"Five minutes," Brad said. "But he doesn't look to be slowing down."

Helena was no longer on the screen. The first thing the vampire had done last night was take her out of the room. The image of his hands on Helena had sent Brooks into a rage. But at least the thing had paid her little attention during the night.

"We finally got that picture processed," Brad said.

He reached behind him and handed Brooks a file. Brooks took out the 8x10 photo of Rebecca. With the image blown up it was clear as day it didn't look like her eyes were filled with terror. It looked more like she was happy. Black tears streamed down her cheeks and a piece of duct tape was over her mouth.

"Is this original?" Brooks asked.

"It is genuine," Brad said. "I blew up the background of the shot. It was taken in the bar she works at. In the basement. I recognized one of the neon signs."

"So it hasn't been altered in anyway?"

"None," Brad said.

"Is it me or does she actually look happy in the photo and not scared?" Daphne asked.

Her voice made Brooks jump. He forgot she was there.

"And I don't know a single woman in the pack who wears mascara that would run like that," Daphne said. "Certainly not Rebecca."

"I think it's time we question her again," Brooks said.

"How do you want me to play it?" Daphne asked. "I deserved an Oscar for the way I handled her yesterday."

"Keep making her think you're on her side," Brooks said. "I want to catch her offguard. Is dad awake?"

"He went to sleep after you passed out last night," Daphne said.

"Wake him up," Brooks said. "I'll send for Rebecca and Andrew. I want the three of us to speak to them together."

"Do you think Andrew has anything to do with this?"

"No," Brooks said. "But I want him to see who his mate really is."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rebecca stretched in her bed. She noticed Andrew was missing. He was getting twitchy. Rebecca could tell he wanted to join the hunt for Helena and didn't understand why they weren't letting him help. The door to their room opened and Andrew walked in.

"You're awake?"

"I wouldn't have slept at all if it weren't for the sleep aid," Rebecca said.

Rebecca actually slept wonderfully and never bothered to pop one of the pills.

"Brooks called," Andrew said. "He wants to speak with both of us."

"What about?" Rebecca asked. "I answered all their questions yesterday."

"He didn't say," Andrew said.

Andrew gave Rebecca a strange look. She jumped out of bed, remembering that when an Alpha came calling you went running. She pulled on the pair of jeans that were lying on the floor and grabbed a t-shirt from the dresser.

"Let me brush my teeth real quick and then we can go?"

Andrew still kept his eyes narrowed and watched her walk into the hall.

"What?" Rebecca asked.

"Aren't you going to ask about Helena?" Andrew asked.

"Oh," Rebecca said. She dropped her eyes to the floor and stopped moving. "I just assumed if there was good news you would tell me. If it's bad news, I don't want to know."

"It's no news," Andrew said.

He shook his head and started getting dressed. Rebecca was surprised, her explanation made sense and he always bought everything she said to him. She made a mental note to give him some action tonight. That always seemed to keep him in line.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brooks sat in between his parents in his father's office. Andrew and Rebecca sat across from them. Brooks thought about how the last time they were in this seating arrangement it was talking with Zachary about Helena. Brooks would do anything to go back in time to that moment.

Three weeks seemed so long to wait then, but now it felt like nothing. From that moment on Brooks should have locked himself in his room with Helena and refused to leave until her transformation. It would have been a small sacrifice of time. Instead he was alone and on the verge of losing everything.

"Were you able to sleep at all?" Daphne asked.

"Yes," Rebecca said. "Thank you for taking me to the clinic yesterday. Do you have any news about Helena?"

"We may have found a lead," Brooks said.

"Good," Rebecca said. "Can I help at all?"

"Maybe," Brooks said.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the small black phone. He set it on the table between the two groups. Brooks kept his eyes on Rebecca. He saw her have a small reaction, nerves, but they quickly vanished.

"Is that the phone I gave Helena?" Rebecca asked. "Was there any information on it?"

"Some messages between the two of you," Brooks said.

"I didn't have my phone that night," Rebecca said. "Do you think the vampire took it?"

"That would be the logical step," Brooks said. "But we are a little confused about some things. Helena sent a message that was read by your phone, but according to your first story the phone was smashed at that time. Also, every text message exchange you had with Helena was hard deleted from your phone. So someone took the time to erase their history and smash your phone, but managed to read one last message?"

Brooks watched Rebecca look towards Andrew. Her mate did not appear to be stepping up for her. Instead Andrew looked just as interested in her response.

"I told you," Rebecca said. "My timing was off. I didn't find my phone until after that message was read. I didn't have a clue what time it was."

"Because you couldn't find your phone," Daphne finished for her.

Brooks knew his mother was still trying to play to Rebecca's side. He didn't know how she could stomach it though.

"Fine," Brooks said. "Another issue is with this."

Brooks put the photograph of Rebecca on the table. She went to grab it, but Andrew picked it up first. He looked at her with concern. Brooks didn't think she deserved it. Rebecca took the picture from him.

"This photograph was sent to Helena," Brooks said. "With instructions to meet at the bar or else you would be killed. It also threatened another's life. We know that to be Zachary North, a member of the Kashuba pack, and friend of ours."

"It must be photoshopped," Rebecca said.

"It isn't," Brooks said. "We had it checked."

Rebecca looked at Andrew.

"Did the vampire hurt you too?" Andrew asked.

Brooks rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"No," Brooks said. "Why would Rebecca keep something like that a secret? Now back to the picture, it was taken in the basement of the bar. Who took the photo?"

"Do we have to do this with Andrew here?" Rebecca asked.

"Yes," Andrew said.

"A friend," Rebecca said. "A close friend. We were playing around in the basement and thought it would be funny."

"What do you mean close friend?" Andrew asked. He let out a growl and turned to look at Rebecca.

"She's lying again," Brooks said. "For all of her faults I don't think she is cheating on you with someone who likes to take photographs of girls tied up and crying."

Rebecca whipped her head towards Brooks.

"Why don't we stop this game and you tell me what you do think," Rebecca said.

"I think you helped the vampire draw your sister out," Brooks said. "By the looks of it, I think you were a willing participant."

"That's absurd," Rebecca said. "I'm the one who sent you to find her in the first place."

"Do you know where we found this phone?" Brooks asked. "I'm willing to bet you do."

Rebecca stared at him with a blank look.

"Hidden behind the bar you work at," Brooks said. "I can see your brain working to find another lie. But the truth is you needed to destroy this, since it linked you back to Helena's disappearance. I think some of the Betas showed up before you got the chance so you stashed it away and thought we wouldn't search for it."

"Andrew are you going to let him talk to me this way?" Rebecca asked.

"I don't care about why you set Helena up, or when this whole plan started," Brooks said. "I care about where she is now. Tell me what you know and maybe you won't be exiled."

"I didn't do anything," Rebecca said. "Andrew you have to believe me."

"Believe what?" Andrew asked. "Your explanation for the picture is you have fun playing around in the basement with a close friend I've never heard of? You haven't offered one for why the phone was behind the bar? I saw the look on your face this morning, it was rested. You weren't the least bit concerned about your sister."

Rebecca looked around the room. Brooks hoped she wasn't trying to run. Her lips were pressed and forehead wrinkled, looking like she was about to burst into tears. She dropped her head into her hands and let out a loud sob. Nobody moved to comfort her. Soon Brooks noticed the sounds of tears were morphing into laughter. Eventually Rebecca lifted her head. She wore a sharp smile on her face and stared right at Brooks.

"Well look who finally decided to grow a pair," she said.

Brooks knew his eyes were glowing red. He lept forward and towered over Rebecca.

"Where is Helena?" Brooks yelled.

"Do you want to hear about how shocked she was when she got to the bar? I was just standing waiting there for her," Rebecca said. "She told me to run. Then Victor popped out and she was still more interested in saving me than herself. The look on her face was priceless when she finally figured it out."

"WHERE IS SHE?"

Brooks brought his hand up and griped Rebecca by the neck. She looked unfazed.

"What about how she actually tried to put up a fight at the very end?" Rebecca asked. "The way she tried to kick and punch, but Victor had a tight grip on her. It was sad to watch, like a spider catching a fly. You know it is worthless for the fly to struggle, they only end up making their situation worse."

Brooks heard enough he flung Rebecca across the room. She hit a wall and kept on laughing. Brooks had to get himself under control or else he would kill her right this moment. Brooks expected Andrew to attack him, but when Brooks turned around the other three wolves just stood there.

"What are you?" Andrew asked.

He was staring at Rebecca.

"Now?" Rebecca asked. "I'm a wolf, thanks for that by the way. I was in some trouble and it was a quick solution."

"You're not my mate," Andrew said.

Brooks had never heard of the bond being broken. He looked at his parents who were just as confused. Rebecca picked herself up off the floor. She almost seemed bored.

"I think I like you more now than I have the past five years," Rebecca said. "Ironic isn't it?"

She strolled back over to them and walked straight up to Brooks.

"It's a shame I didn't meet you in the woods that day," Rebecca said. "You're just as dumb as Andrew is, but a little bit hotter. Helena is a lucky girl."

Before Brooks could react a fist came flying in front of him. Rebecca took the punch straight in the jaw and hit the ground. Brooks turned to see his mother shaking her hand.

"I've wanted to hit her for a long time now, " Daphne said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Rebecca came to she was sitting at a table. Her hands were cuffed together and then secured to the ground. Her jaw ached and she tried to stretch her neck.

"I've never seen this part of the lodge before," Rebecca said.

The door to the room opened and Daphne walked in. Rebecca let out a groan. Rebecca didn't say a word. Daphne sat down across the table, looking prim and proper as usual, she even had a floral print apron on. It looked like she was ready to bake some cookies.

"I don't care what you were or who you are," Daphne said. "I just want to know about Helena's disappearance."

"Why would I tell you anything?" Rebecca asked.

Daphne reached under the table and pulled out a bag. She started to unpack, spreading the tools out.

"I know you think I just plan parties and take care of running the lodge," Daphne said. "But there are many more things I excel at. I just prefer not to have to use my skills, but if someone I love is threatened, especially if that someone is one of my children, I am forced to act. Now you can either tell me what you know or I can get started with these."

Rebecca didn't know who Daphne was trying to fool. The instruments on the table looked like the belonged in a dentist's office. She almost wanted to laugh. Honestly Rebecca had no clue where Victor had taken Helena, she didn't want to know, but couldn't bring herself to admit that to Daphne.

Victor had mentioned getting Rebecca her powers back. She knew he was probably lying, but a part of her wanted to believe him and that meant not giving these people anything to go on. Besides, Rebecca thought, the longer they stayed busy with her the less time they could spend actually looking for Helena. Rebecca smiled.

"Give it your best," she said.

"Okie-dokie," Daphne said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sun was setting when Brooks made it back to the lodge. He went out with Andrew to join the search parties after their meeting with Rebecca. Brooks told his Beta to sit this one out, but Andrew refused. When Brooks decided to return to the lodge Andrew declined to join him. Brooks could not begin to guess what the man was thinking or feeling, but couldn't devote any time away from searching for Helena.

Brooks went to the computer room right as the vampire was waking up.

"Well this is different," Mitch said.

"What do you mean?" Brooks asked.

"Yesterday he pepped right up," Mitch said. "Today he looks a little...hungover."

"Have you learned anything that can help us find him?" Brooks asked.

"We think he's in an area with indoor plumbing," Mitch said. "There's no sign of water marks on any of the concrete so we don't think he's close to a river or lake."

"There weren't a whole lot of rivers or lakes in the area we have it narrowed down to," Brooks said.

"He's leaving the room," Mitch said.

"Let me know if you find anything," Brooks said.

He left the computer stations and went to find his father. Hugh was in his office with the visiting pack's Alpha. Brooks walked in and the family friend greeted him with a handshake and a hug.

"It's nice to see you," David said. "I wish it was under better circumstances."

"Any progress on locating Zachary?" Brooks asked.

He would be easier to trace than Helena since he was a wolf and his pack was familiar with his scent. David shook his head.

"How about Rebecca?" Brooks asked.

"As far as I know she's still with your mother," Hugh said.

Brooks winced. His father looked a little perturbed. Almost as if on cue the door opened and Daphne walked in. She wore an apron that was splashed with blood.

"David," Daphne said. "It's so nice to see you. I wish it were under better circumstances."

"Mom," Brooks said. "You might want to..."

"Get right to the point?" Daphne interrupted. "Unfortunately Rebecca doesn't know where he took Helena. Rebecca was the one sending the messages the whole time. The video that Helena saw was of Victor torturing Zachary, Rebecca did know it was live, something about making it harder to trace the signal that way or recover the video once the email was destroyed. Rebecca said that after that was sent Victor showed up at the bar in about 80 minutes, but she's unsure if he left his hideout right away or not. So that's good right? You can cut your search area down?"

All the men stared at the petite blond with open mouths.

"What?" Daphne asked.

"You look like Hannibal Lector," Brooks said.

Daphne looked down at herself, spun around and took off the apron. She turned back to face them, holding the balled up fabric.

"I need to get some rest," Daphne said. "Hugh will you lie down with me for a little bit?"

"Yes ma'am," Brooks' father said.

"I really think you should try and get a few hours too Brooks," she said. "Start fresh tomorrow."

"Uhhh," Brooks said. "Okay."

"David I can't tell you what to do, but I would consider getting some sleep too. Will you let everyone know about the newest developments?"

Daphne smiled and then led Hugh and Brooks out of the room. Brooks didn't want to sleep but his wolf was too scared of his mother to disobey her at the moment.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Waking up without Helena next to him was the worst feeling. Brooks checked his phone. It was close to 5 am. She had been gone for four days now and they were no closer to finding her. Brooks didn't understand, they had combed almost the entire area he could be hiding in. He had to wake up with hope today would be different. It was all that kept him going.

He pulled on his jeans and went to see his computer experts. Brad was sitting in front of the screen.

"Any developments?"

"Yea," Brad said. "He left and brought someone back with him."

Brad clicked a few files and a new video came up. Brooks looked at the screen. There was a young blond woman sitting on the bed. She clearly had no clue what was going on. It looked like she was in a trance. Brad hit fast forward and Brooks watched the scene play out. At some point her trance broke and she tried to run. Victor grabbed her and sunk his fangs into her neck. It looked like she was screaming, once he was done he left her body on the floor and sat down again. He picked up a book and started reading. It was obvious the woman was now dead.

"Can you find out who she was?" Brooks asked.

"Ran the software against DMV pictures," Brad said. "Her name is Joanna Kent. She lives pretty far out of or search area. From her rap sheet it looks like she was a prostitute. I can't see how she will help us."

"Tell the packs to sniff for dead bodies," Brooks said.

The tape continued to fast forward. Eventually the vampire picked up his prey and took her out of the room.

"He doesn't come back for a few hours," Brad said. "Then just sits and reads."

12