All Is Fair Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sleep depravation was nothing new to Brooks and he never left Helena's side. The Doctors got her stable again, but the prognosis wasn't good. Brooks had told her to hang on and was certain she would. He knew it was time, he could feel it even without a window. The sun was starting to set.

To a human it would have been difficult to tell Brooks was in life saving surgery recently. His whole body was almost completely healed. He unhooked Helena's machines and picked her up from the bed. Her body drooped in his arms.

Brooks was certain he past others during his walk, but paid them no attention. He made it to the front of the lodge and the warm air refreshed him as he walked outside. Brooks started walking to the spot he wanted to take Helena to the first night he saw her. He walked through the woods until he came to the clearing. In the middle was a large rock, more than big enough for her tiny body.

The sun was down and Brooks looked up at the moon, hoping it would help him with the process. He laid her down on the rock. She was so still it was hard to tell if she was breathing. Brooks took off his shirt and climbed on top of her. He pulled the scalpel from his back pocket.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this," Brooks said. "But it will work. We will see each other soon."

Brooks leaned down and gave her a kiss. He went back to his position and slammed the scalpel into his chest, ignoring the pain he dragged it down, making sure he had nicked his heart. It was more difficult to stab Helena, but she didn't flinch when the small knife cut her chest. Brooks leaned closer towards her, making sure his heart bled onto hers.

Every time the ceremony had been described to Brooks it sounded more sensual, where the act was done in the middle of mating and neither party felt any pain. He couldn't help himself and leaned further down, kissing her unresponsive mouth.

The moonlight hit his back and Brooks could feel the energy running through him. A chill went up his center. When it reached his chest he felt the wound he had just inflicted close. He glanced down and watched as a light slid up Helena's chest, sealing hers.

Brook watched her face, expecting some response. There was none. He climbed off of her and sat next to the rock, kissing her shoulder, willing her to wake up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'm scared," Helena said.

"Of what?" Cole asked.

Helena didn't know what to say.

"Living or dying?" Cole asked.

Helena's eyes widened.

"All your loved ones can't wait to see you," Cole said. "Come on."

"Brooks," Helena said.

Cole stopped walking and turned back to her.

"Do you want to go back to him?" Cole asked.

Helena nodded.

"Interesting," Cole said. "Either way the curse on our bloodline ends. It might be nice to know some of my ancestors are still on Earth. But are you really willing? To go back and live? It would be a waste if you kept on the way you have been."

"I want to be with him," Helena said.

"I need more than that," Cole said. "What do you really want?"

"I want...to travel, to meet other people, to go outside in the dark, to make a difference, not matter how small," Helena said. "I want to live."

Cole cracked a smile. He walked up to Helena and wrapped his arms around her.

"Then go live," he said.

There was a blinding light and Helena felt her whole world vanish for the fifth time in her life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~**~*~*~*~*~*

A hand touched Brooks shoulder. He spun around to see his mother and father standing behind him. Brooks stood up. The entire pack surrounded the clearing.

"I think we should go back inside," Hugh said.

Brooks looked down at Helena. It had been hours and she hadn't moved a muscle. Even though Brooks didn't think it was possible her breathing had gone even shallower. Brooks didn't feel like he was standing up straight. He didn't know what to do, and finally felt the hopelessness sink in.

"Let me say goodbye," Brooks said.

His parents nodded and stepped back. Brooks leaned over Helena, he felt his one lock of hair hand over his forehead.

"I tried so hard," Brooks said. "And I love you so much. There will never be another one for me, but we will be together again. I promise you that."

He ran his hand down her face and bent down to kiss her, one last time. Brooks stood back up and tried his hardest to hold in his tears. He let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding and started to turn around.

Brooks didn't even make it one step when he felt a hand reach up and grip on to his wrist.

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you for reading my story! I hope that you enjoyed it :)

This may be the end for now, but I definitely have an epilogue. I would like to hear some of your thoughts before I publish that though, I want to make sure there are no loose ends!

12