All My Children? Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hw ran to my arms and hugged him with all of the strength I could muster. I kissed his face and he kissed me back. I finally said, "Yes baby, I'm awake. I'm sorry I was so sick!"

He pulled back a bit and looked me in the eye, "Daddy said that you would come back to us someday. He was right. Weren't you Daddy?" he turned and looked at the door.

Standing there was Dan. A slightly heavier and older version than I remember, but still my Dan. He smiled and replied laughing, "You bet partner."

I began to speak when Betty walked out from behind Dan and grabbed his arm. She looked at me and smiled, "Hi, Sis. It's been a long time."

I gasped. She called me Sis. I couldn't understand. She was so mad at me last time I saw her.

Dan and Betty came over to the bed and each grabbed a hand. "We're so glad your back with us." Dan exclaimed. Betty laughed as she kissed the back of my hand.

Now I was totally and completely lost. Dan hated me. I'd dishonored our marriage and he had left me. I'd screwed up again by allowing my mother to sit for Megan and as such was responsible for her death. How could these two be so happy to see me?

I hesitantly said hi and asked the question to them as I began to cry.

Dan squeezed my hand and said, "It's been a lot of years. The pain of everything is long gone. Betty convinced me I had to forgive you or she would not marry me."

I must have looked dejected because Betty said, "Sis, I know for you it feels like yesterday but it has been almost six years. I had children that needed a father, and Dan had your baby boy that needed a mother. We both had felt similar pain from the results of my terrible idea. We both needed to be held and wanted. It took Dan quite a while to even trust me after my role in that whole fiasco. But eventually he forgave me. I'd already forgiven you since I was the one that threw you and Brian together. I had to forgive you before I could forgive myself."

Betty stopped long enough to compose herself and then continued, "When Dan asked me to marry him I could tell he was still carrying a bitterness that would eventually destroy him and the family he so desperately wanted. I worked with him for months, showing him how the whole set of events had really been no one's premeditated action. Things had just happened and got out of hand. He really does know that you adored him even when you were with Brian. He finally came to see you one day and even though you didn't hear him, he asked for your forgiveness."

"I remember that! At the time it was just a random event that imposed itself on my dream world, but I do remember Dan asking for my forgiveness and granting me his forgiveness," I said excitedly.

Dan smiled and said, "That's right. You were here sometimes weren't you?"

Betty continued, "Sis, I'm married to Dan now. We love each other. We are raising a wonderful group of kids. Your baby boy is precious to us. But we understand that a mother needs to be with and know her son. So we offer you every weekend with little Daniel and you can come to our holiday get to gathers."

I had to know something and tried to ask, "How is it that little Daniel is considered Dan's son? I mean me and Brian, eh, you know Brian and I, We –"

Dan laughed, "Well Kim, it appears that even though he tried, I was the one that popped the cork for you. Apparently that one night of extreme passion we had was enough to get you the baby so you desperately wanted."

Betty squeezed my hand to get my attention and said, "We had our own baby two years ago, little Sara. And I'm pregnant again."

I lay back on the bed pillow and thought about everything. If I had asked Dan for the money to use Brian's sperm, or if I had stuck with Brian to the clinical approach with no passion, or if I had not wanted a second child, or if I had simply tried the heat up my loving husband like I had Brian, none of this would have happened.

I sighed and thought if only, if only. As my grandfather used to tell me, wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full first.

But I was determined to make things better and be the moral person I knew I could be. I accepted their offer and spent many a happy time at their house playing with the children and loving my son.

I met a very nice man named Henry through, of all people, Dan. He worked for Dan and Dan had always thought he would be a good fit with me. He wanted kids too.

We're getting married in two weeks. After all, he has to make an honest woman of me. Yes, I'm pregnant. My doctor tells me its twins!