All That Glitters - Notes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,112 Followers

Montasso, Sen. Deceased Senator, who was involved with the pirate and criminal syndicates. He had been amassing a large fortune for his retirement when he was killed by Andjuran for his list of contacts and the illegal nest egg. Andjuran used the fortune to finance his rise to power in the Senate. First referred to in chapter thirteen.

Saviano, Tuuli A woman who works at the Chez Aubuchon Restaurant and is the love interest of Lawrence Wilber. First seen in chapter fifty.

Wilber, Lawrence A man working in the Chez Aubuchon Restaurant. He initially brings the ire of his boss as he screws up the reception of the leaders of the Greater Community but is given the opportunity to correct himself by Angelica Aubuchon, his boss, who makes him the maître' d for the evening working to make sure that the formal dinner goes smoothly. He is a supporter of the Rev. Mike Hollister and his believes but has a serious change of heart when he witnesses for himself that regardless of the fact they are non-human, they still treat family as family. He is sweet on his co-worker, Tuuli Saviano. First seen in chapter fifty.

Winslow, Jonathan, Sen. Senior member of the Union Senate and leader of the Military Oversight Committee. First seen in chapter thirty-eight.

- Capital City Spaceport, Capital City, Terra - In what used to be the city of Bismarck. There are a number of shuttle ports around the area of the Capital that can be used by Princess Class Fast Ships. Most forms of aerial transportation will take you anywhere in the city within one hour, however, for safety reasons aerial transports are not permitted within ten kilometers of a spaceport.

The Presidential Compound of the Union is roughly in the center of the city mass and covers an area roughly 10 x 25km. It has a dedicated shuttle port just outside of the compound. The compound includes the Joint Chiefs of Staff HQ, the TUSN HQ, Union Marines HQ, Terran Planetary Defence HQ, and the fifty-five Embassies of the 61 human settled planets (roughly half are not located within the Presidential Compound but are located near to it including the 6 non-aligned planets. Six planets are still classified as colonies and do not have the right to an independent embassy).

The Senate Compound is North of the Presidential Compound, and the Lower House Compound is South. They are not as large, but each has a dedicated shuttle port.

- Caldar Resort The largest resort of five in the area of Denders Resort. It is ten kilometers North of Denders. First seen in chapter thirty-six.

Harold Elliot, the CFO at Caldar's, was working with a crooked transportation company to significantly overcharge for the shipping of canned goods to the five resorts, for a hefty kickback from the company. He was blackmailing the other resort CFO's and other key personnel in order to control the flow of goods.

Elliot, Harold, CFO CFO of Caldar Resort. Heavily involved with a criminal transport that overcharges the area resorts for their supplies, especially canned food goods. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

- Denders Resort, South-West Coast of North America, Terra, The Sol System             

Within a half hour of the capital by shuttle transport. Found on the South-West coast near what was once the city of Phoenix, large earthquakes having calved off much of the old West coastline some two centuries previously, which exists now as large islands if the land mass exists at all.

Brighton, Stephanie, Dr. D Med - Intern (Doctor of Medicine), Medical Intern having just completed her doctorates at Malton U. Is going to Malihan University Hospital on Green's World to complete her internship and to study medical regeneration. Meets Dr. Kayl at Denders resort where she is on vacation with other graduates. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Garrant, Alya A friend of Raymond's who he finds on the nude beach at Denders Resort during the Second Denders Summit in 2487. A beautiful brunette, forty-two years of age when we first meet her. She is an immigrant to Terra, having come from New Anglia after the destruction of her home city of Coventry Rose in 2466. She still suffers from nightmares from that event and Raymond helps her to get over them. She falls in love with him because of his caring attitude and joins him on The Wanderer. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

Grieves, Walter, GM PhDHA (Doctorate in Hospitality Administration), the General Manager of Denders Resort. First referred to in chapter forty-nine. First seen in chapter fifty-one.

Invierno, Juanita UDC (Union diplomatic Course) rep working at Denders Resort during the Interspecies Community visit during the Accreditations Ceremonies. Reprises her role at the Second Denders Summit a year later. Becomes the Union representative at the Johal Interspecies Consulate after the Second Summit. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Kidrass, Grad, Hern A Hern (Group Leader), he is the leader of the group of ten that works at Denders Resort on Terra. First seen in chapter thirty-six.

Pendal, Mark, Dr. PhD Poli Sci (Doctorate in Political Sciences), has just completed his doctorates at Malton U. and is with a group of twenty who are at Denders during the big event. First Seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Slotty, Mirra, MS3 MS3 (Medic Specialist Third Class). Medic for the Harradi at Denders Resort, one of the ten that work the farm at the resort. While not listed as a nurse, she is quite capable of rendering emergency services to her people and working independently of a Harradi doctor. She would be classed more akin to a Navy/Marine Medic than a nurse. She is making use of her time and duties at Denders to elevate her ranking to that of the Harradi equivalent of a Union Registered Nurse, or Medical Specialist First Class. First seen in chapter thirty-six.

Takebayashi, Urano M. ECE (Masters in Early Childhood Education), MB (Medal of Bravery), a smallish Asian woman who is working towards her Doctorates in Early Childhood Education. She wants to run her own Day Care and winds up at Denders working in the Day Care for the short-term crisis of personnel during the summer while the Interspecies Delegates are at Denders. Urano saves the children from a deranged woman's attack, being seriously injured in the attack. She reprises her role the following year during the Second Denders Summit. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Termil, Tauren Retired concert promoter and Grand Uncle to Marc Termil, part of Sonya Salette's media team. He helps promote the Piscium children's charity concert at Denders in the summer of 2488. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Triand, Sylvie MSHM (Masters of Science in Hospitality Management), Manager of Interspecies Affairs at Denders resort. She takes this role at Hanalei's insistence in chapter thirty-six. Becomes the fiancée of Trevor Winston, the manager of the Johal Compound in chapter forty-seven, who she marries on AsocAR in chapter . Comes to Hanalei's aide when she is accosted by several drunks in chapter nineteen. First seen in chapter nineteen.

Worten, Joyce A friend of Raymond who he finds along with Alya Garrant at the nude beach at Denders Resort during the Second Denders Summit in 2487. A dark-haired, beautiful woman who is the friend of and sharing a room at Denders with Alya Garrant. The pair initially share Raymond until Joyce notes that Alya is falling heavily for the man. Joyces is a Psychiatric Nurse so when Alya leaves to be with Raymond, Joyce goes with her to become the Psychiatric Nurse at the hospital on Liramor-23. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

- Johal Compound First seen in chapter twelve, it is located on the South-West coast of North America in the area of what was once the city of Phoenix, large earthquakes having calved off much of the old West Coast which are now islands if they exist at all.

Contains the only Temple of Prophet Andanii on Terra, a once plain temple that was restored and rebuilt by Henadi Noor as an act of contrition, turning it into the beautiful little temple it now is. Henadi had tricked her parents into letting her go off planet for an education in Early Childhood Development and, instead, she changed her major to Engineering. She joined the Navy not long after her schooling began as she did not intend to return to Anuura, where the situation for women in the Church of Andanii was changing due to Wassim Andjuran's elevation to Chief Cleric. Her father would not take any money from her, so she put that money into the Johal temple as an act of contrition.

The temple is ten minutes by ground transport from Denders Resort. Johal allowed members of the Church of Andanii to pray at the temple while he was alive, thus bringing extra business from Anuura to Denders Resort.

The compound was left in the will of Ahmed Johal to the Church of Andanii with the stipulation that the tradition of allowing members of the Church of Andanii at the Denders resort to attend the temple be continued.

Misused by Senator Andjuran who used it as a HQ for his none senatorial mostly criminal businesses. Andjuran used the movement of people between the resort and the temple to hide the constant contact he had with the criminal syndicates.

Because of the previous missus of the compound by a member of the Church of Andanii, the IPPF and the TGA decided to gift the compound to Hanalei because of the original caveat to allow access to the temple for members of the Church. Hanalei had no use for the compound and decided to turn it into a consular building for the Interspecies Community in chapter thirty-seven, providing a place to stay for senior members of the community while on Terra, and providing a focal point for business interests between the Union and the Interspecies Community, while still keeping the Temple of Andanii as a focal point on the exterior of the compound.

List of Characters at the Johal Compound:

Amexian, Heather MBA (Master of Business Administration), UDC (Union Diplomatic Course) rep who is a part of Juanita Invierno's Consular team at the Johal Compound. First seen in chapter fifty.

Anar, Hanalei PGMDS-TU (Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service - Terran Union), DMOA (Dame Member of the Order of the Alliance), MB (Medal of Bravery), CMGPSM (Citizens Meritorious Gold Police Services Medal), Gurn Piscium. First Wife of Fayad Piscium, who she met at Denders Resort, Terra. Widow of Temet Halar, who she suspects that Andjuran's people had killed. Taken in by Andjuran's household when she is declared 'Fullohd' (unlucky). She is a spy for Andjuran, whom she hates but gives herself to Fayad, who she was asked by Andjuran to spy on, when she discovers him to be a pious man with a future. Hanalei then spies on Andjuran on orders from Navy Intelligence and IPPF and successfully brings down the Senator. She earns 10% of all of Andjuran's wealth as a finders fee from the IPPF. She marries Fayad, becoming the senior wife of the Piscium household and has their first child, Ikekia Fatema Tema Poda-Rai-Dosri to whom she is known as 'mommy'. Soft brown hair, deep blue - almost purple eyes, very well formed and beautiful woman, twenty-four years of age when we first meet her in 2483. She marries Fayad two years later and gives birth to Ikekiya in 2486. First seen in chapter twelve.

Asghar, Saabira Matriarch of the Johal compound (she is technically not the matriarch as she is not married to Wassim Andjuran who never officially took a wife) and senior female in Andjuran's group. She is from Anuura. Seen often in the series but never named until chapter twenty-four. (Deceased in chapter twenty-four).

Challek A disparaging Anuuran word used to describe a lothario, a man of questionable taste, questionable honour, and questionable desires. One who sought out women for but one thing. The term is first used by Hanalei Anar when she first meets Fayad in chapter twelve.

Fadel, Vardah A woman at the Johal compound. One of the Fullohd who are taken in by Andjuran from Anuura and a survivor of the attack on the compound. First seen in chapter twenty-four.

Forthright, Steven Human manager of the Interspecies Consulate. He is responsible for the guest list of people who are inquiring about moving goods back and forth between the member races and from day one is one busy person. Home planet is Terra. First seen in chapter fifty.

Ghulam, Harith One of the guards at the Johal Compound. Home planet is Anuura. He is killed in the attack in chapter twenty-four.

Invierno, Juanita M Poli Sci (Masters in Political Science), UDC rep working at Denders Resort during the Interspecies Community visit during the Accreditations Ceremonies in what became known as the first Denders Interspecies Summit. She reprises her role a year later during the Second Denders Summit. She becomes the first Union Consul at the newly repurposed Johal Compound responsible for all issues between the consulars of the Greater Community and the Union. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Johal, Ahmed Deceased businessman originally from Anuura. Made a fortune in interplanetary trade between Anuura and Terra. Owner of the Johal Compound, now willed to the Church of Andanii with the stipulation that members of the Church of Andanii on Terra, most of which are at the Denders Resort, be allowed unrestricted access to the tiny Temple of Andanii in the compound.

Jawahar, Paree A woman living at the Johal Compound. One of the Fullohd from Anuura taken in by Andjuran, she was new to the compound but dies in the attack in chapter twenty-four.

Marwan, Elaf A guard at the Johal Compound. Home planet is Anuura. He is killed in the attack in chapter twenty-four.

Nabih, Raakin A guard at the Johal Compound. Home planets is Anuura. He is killed in the attack in chapter twenty-four.

Nahdi, Ji'en BAppSC(HospMgt) Bachelorette of Applied Sciences in Hospitality Management), a woman at the Johal Compound. One of the Fullohd from Anuura taken in by Andjuran and a survivor of the attack on the compound in chapter twenty-four. She is voted by the survivors to be the new Matriarch of the compound. She works hard to get her degree in Hospitality so that she can properly run the compound when Hanalei hires her to do so. First seen in chapter twenty-four.

Tumaro, Marcus The Head of Security for the new Johal Compound appointed by Hanalei Anar. Home planet is Terra. He is responsible to Ji'en Nahdi. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

Winston, Trevor M Eng. (Masters of Engineering), Forman working at the upgraded compound. Home planet is Terra. He started as a contractor on the new construction but was quickly hired by Hanalei to manage the building after the construction was completed. Becomes the paramour of Sylvie Triand and eventually asks her to marry him in chapter forty-seven, surprising all. First seen in chapter forty-five.

- Interplanetary Police Force (IPPF), Terra

Dallmar, Damion, C. Supt. Part of the Liramor Prime inspection team and part of the group that goes to Liramor-23 after the attempted assassination by the Orin Sallé. He is a specialist in interrogation techniques. First seen in chapter sixty-two.

Gorman, Diana, DG Director General of all IPPF in the Union. She responds directly to the Senate Police Services Oversite Committee and to the President of the Union. First seen in chapter sixty-one.

Higgins, Jane, C. Supt. PhD Crim (Doctorate in Criminology), Chief Superintendent - IPPF, Director Division 6, Terra. First identified in chapter ten.

Langen, Sema, Capt. M. Crim (Masters in Criminology), Captain (Police) - IPPF, Commander Special Operations Group 3 (Spec Ops Gp 3). First identified in chapter ten. First seen in chapter fourteen.

Marini, Monette, C. Insp. Chief Inspector and Senior Forensic Expert for the Director General's Inspection Team, the team is coopted into a makeshift investigation team sent to Liramor-23 in chapter sixty-two after the assassination attempt on Raymond Clark. First seen in chapter sixty-one.

Justine, Carolynn, S.A. B. Crim (Bachelor in Criminology), MB (Medal of Bravery), IPPF Special Agent - a.k.a. Celia Corden. IPPF Special Agent, Special Operations Officer Level 8 for Spec Ops Gp 3. Minor character who originally was working for Senator Andjuran, until she finds out he is bribing and/or blackmailing fellow senators and doesn't have an apparent source of funding for the money he is using. Appears frequently in the series. First seen in chapter nine.

Poilievre, Marc, C. Supt The head of the Director General's Inspection Team, he and his team are coopted into a makeshift investigation team after the assassination attempt of Raymond Clark in chapter sixty-two. First seen in chapter sixty-one.

Stevens, Michael, S.A. D. Comp (Doctorates in Computer Sciences), IPPF Special Agent - Computer specialist for Spec Ops Gp3. First seen in chapter fourteen.

- Interplanetary News Services (IPNS), Terra, The Sol System

Barl, Stephenie An independent reporter attached to Sonya Salette's media control team in Capital City, Terra. She works with the Piscium family in the runup to the Charity Concert at Denders, making vids for the documentation of the event along with Cynthia Stewart. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Broaden, Peter M. Comms (Masters in Communications) - Director of Special News Events, IPNS Terra Services. Manages Cynthia Stewart's news articles. Formerly Director of News Services Planet Hanover. Promoted and moved to Terra in chapter forty-seven. First seen in chapter twelve.

Cassie, Frank D. Comms (Doctorates in Communications) - Senior Producer Special News Events IPNS Terra and Peter Broaden's boss. Together, they manage Cynthia Stewart's news articles. Promoted and moved to Terra in chapter forty-seven. They First seen in chapter twelve.

Divin, Anne, Dr. PhD Comp (Doctor in Computer Administration) - Director in charge of Computer Stories IPNS. First seen in chapter thirteen.

Hallen, Jennifer IPNS reporter linked to the political beat in the Union Senate. First seen in chapter thirteen.

Herkstörter, Heidi, Dr. PhD Crim (Doctor in Criminology) - Director in charge of Criminal News Stories IPNS. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Lirrick, David, SLO JD/MIPP (Doctor in Law / Masters of International Public Policy) - Senior Legal Officer of IPNS Terra. Minor character who interacts with IPNS senior personnel. First seen in chapter thirteen.

Maine, Bridgette News and Entertainment Coordinator in Sonya Salette's IPNS Control Room in Capital City, Terra. She coordinates the various independent media personalities that work for IPNS in Capital City and works on the documentary of the first Charity Concert from Denders Resort. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Mannen, Jake PhD Comms (Doctor in Communications) - Terran News Director for IPNS-Terra. First seen in chapter thirteen.

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,112 Followers