All Things Come... Vol. 2 Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Ulrike, you mustn't do this, you can't do it... I won't let you do this...' He grasped her arm roughly and pulled her against him. 'I'm not angry with you, I promise, I was upset, hurt by your behavior, but that's over now.' She tried to pull back but he put his other arm round her and caught her in a clumsy hug, his breath hot on her neck, and she caught a whiff of alcohol. He was trembling with emotion and she had no idea what to do. She looked round wildly, tears blurring her vision..

The pressure disappeared and he spun away from her, almost losing his balance as a strong hand forced an arm behind his back and jerked him away. Luke was between them, and his free hand rose to her cheek and stroked it lightly for a second.

'Maybe you need a referee here.' He pursed his lips momentarily and blew her a kiss, then spun and faced Dieter.

'No physical stuff, please, and especially no force. She's not to be manhandled like a doll.' His voice was sharp and cold, and Uli's breath caught in her throat. She'd never heard him speak like that. 'If you touch her again,' he went on, 'I will put you on the floor and she will file charges.' He stopped and stepped back, not looking at her, his body focused and waiting. Dieter recovered his balance and looked at Uli.

'Is this the Easter gigolo? Or just a thug you picked up in the departure lounge? The mile-high club, maybe? A bit of rough?' She heard Luke's indrawn breath, but he didn't react. He was serious when he said he'd let me do what I had to, she thought in surprise; love can be holding back as well as reaching out. She faced Dieter and spoke carefully and precisely, her language formal, her voice crackling with anger.

'Dieter, this is Luke Lancer, and yes, he was my host at Easter, and yes, he is my lover and my beloved friend, and yes, I've already told you that I love him beyond redemption. I decided before I left that our relationship was damaged beyond repair, and that I would tell you that when I returned. I'm sorry that it has to be in public, and that you've been hurt enough to behave like this, but I never lied to you, Dieter, not once, not ever, and I won't allow you to pretend that I did or that I'm at fault.' He looked at her and his shoulders slumped as her words sank home. His eyes narrowed.

'Your choice. I don't think you and that fat redheaded bitch you live with will do so well this term.' He looked at Luke, then back at her. 'And your boyfriend won't be a lot of help either. Ungrateful slut.' His words twisted through the space between them, alive with venom, and the force of them made her flinch. Luke stepped forward.

'Enough.' He took Dieter's arm, apparently gently, but the other's face winced suddenly. 'You go off and cool down a bit, and I'll take her home. Be glad that I promised I wouldn't intervene more actively, and be glad that I keep my promises. And I promise you this, Dieter, if I hear you talk like that to her again I will hurt you badly. Come.' His wrist turned slightly and Dieter winced again. Uli watched as he moved the other man effortlessly away, guiding him to the door. She saw his head bending towards Dieter's as they went, and through the glass panels she watched as he ushered him into a cab and stood as it pulled away. As he came back reaction gripped her and she started shaking. He covered the last few meters rapidly and folded her into an embrace. She grasped at his lapels and buried her head in his chest.

'When we wanted the same thing he was lovely,' she whispered. 'And when I needed his talent and his guidance everything was such fun. What happened? Luke, you sounded so hard. I never realized...' She felt him shrug.

'He annoyed me a little. You want me to guess what's happening? I think he knows that you're moving beyond what he can teach you, maybe you're past him already, and he can't bear it. I've known teachers like that.' His voice changed. 'I didn't like that last crack of his, though. There's a lot of loose anger bubbling about in there, and I probably made it worse. Too late to change that, I'm afraid. You did all you could. Let's find a taxi and get you home.'

As they entered the flat Lottie appeared in the lounge doorway and Uli almost laughed through the haze of emotional overload that still gripped her. Her friend was half-naked, wearing only her underwear, holding a slice of thickly buttered bread in one hand and a can of Coke in the other. When she saw Luke hauling cases in behind Uli she yelped in horror and disappeared. Uli turned to look at Luke, who was showing no surprise at all.

'That was Lottie,' she managed to say. He smiled.

'That was my guess. Cute as a button, isn't she? Where shall I put the bags?' Uli managed to point to her bedroom door, and he leaned over and kissed her before turning back to the luggage.

'Have you got any of that English tea I sent you at Christmas?' he asked plaintively. 'It's very good for nerves, and if I don't get some soon I'm going to scream. Tell me you haven't drunk it all.' She felt her spirits lifting at his matter of factness. I don't want him to believe he's overwhelming me, she told herself.

'Of course I haven't, because it's absolutely horrible. No wonder the English are strange. Good job you're here to drink it, really.' She moved into the kitchen and missed the look of satisfaction that crossed his face as he heard her voice returning to normal. Uli heard him push the last case into the room and tap on the lounge door, and smiled to herself. He'll charm the pants off her in two minutes, she thought, and strained to listen

'Are you decent in there?' A voice mumbled something and he stepped in. She darted across the corridor, hugging herself with anticipation, and peeped round the door. Lottie was wrapped from neck to toe in an oversized robe, hastily swallowing the last of her coke. He stepped towards her.

'Luke Lancer. Please don't get up.' He put his hand out politely. 'We should have warned you that I was visiting, but events overtook us and it slipped my mind. I'm so sorry.' Lottie shook his hand automatically.

'No, please, don't apologize, it was nothing, nothing at all. It's so nice to meet you at last. Uli said you were a bit reluctant to visit.' Humor flickered across his face.

'Ah, well, that stage is over, I'm glad to say, but I'll let Uli tell you all about it. It would be mean to spoil her fun.' He smiled again and sat opposite her. 'She's making tea,' he said, 'and then I'll ask what she wants to do. It had better involve food though,' he added, 'or I'll kill her slowly and bury her body outside a MacDonald's. That'll teach her to ignore my needs. You can help me if you like.' Uli heard the kettle switch off and went back to the kitchen, smiling.

When she entered the lounge, laden with the tea-tray, they were sitting quietly, the atmosphere comfortable. She put the tray down and bent to hug her friend.

'God, Lottie, I'm so glad you called.' Lottie was squirming with repressed curiosity.

'You didn't tell me he spoke German. He says he's going to kill you unless he gets fed and he won't say a word about anything except to grumble about his hunger pangs. Are you going to tell me?' Uli glanced at Luke. He winked at her and her heart skipped a beat.

'Tell the woman what she wants to know,' he said. I'm going to fetch my laptop and do a little thinking and drink my tea.' He stood up and ambled out of the room and returned in a minute with the computer. 'Thank God for wi-fi,' he muttered, and switched it on. Lottie looked at Uli expectantly.

'The short version is that the holiday was wonderful and we love each other, and the airport was awful, and Dieter tried to grab me, and Luke had to stop him.' She turned to him. 'What did you do anyway? I was terrified you'd end up brawling on the floor.' He looked up briefly.

'Pressure points. If you know where they are it can save a lot of argument.' He glanced at Lottie and grinned. 'For God's sake, sweetheart, tell her properly or she'll explode. I'm going to be here a little while, and I don't mind hearing your version. Try not to make me blush.' He bent his head to the screen again. Uli turned back to her friend.

'Some of it I'll leave till later, or I'll blush too.' She moved to the sofa and began her tale. Lottie listened, entranced, and when Uli had finished she rolled her eyes.

'No fair. All I did was visit my parents, and meet a guy who turned out to want me to talk dirty to him while he rubbed his face with my panties. You have all the fun.'

'Nothing wrong with panties,' murmured Luke. He sat up. 'Uli, can I use your phone? One call to Brussels to tell Elena I'll be back a later than I said, and then a local one.' Uli handed him the phone, puzzled.

'I didn't know you knew anyone in Munich,' she said. He shrugged.

'No such thing as strangers, only friends you haven't met. I think I can get Dieter off our backs.' Lottie suddenly looked nervous.

'What do you mean "backs"? I haven't upset him.' Luke was dialing.

'You know about his "failure", and he's insecure and impulsive and busy hating everyone. Tell her about the airport again, Uli,' he said, 'and don't skip the dialogue this time. Ignoring nasty doesn't usually work...' The receiver was at his ear and he broke off. 'Elena?... Hi, kid, it's Luke... no, fine, but I'm busy being delayed... Can you bear it if I'm away for a couple more days? We can reschedule the classes when I get back, or you can knock the money off the next paycheck or something... No, nothing serious, but if I don't do something about the vermin here I'll never be able to visit again... I'm calling people who might give me a hand...' He listened for a moment and then chuckled. 'Well, you'll just have to dig out the hairbrush or see if Anita's available... of course I sympathize, and of course I'll make it up to you... Yes, she's fine and it was great... she flew to Munich this morning and that's when I discovered the infestation... OK, babe. Definitely by the weekend unless everything goes south... Bye.' He put the phone down, looking pleased. Uli had been listening carefully to his words. She looked at him hard and he looked back calmly.

'No, I didn't lie to her; in fact every word I said was true, but I didn't want a lot of questions, and yes, I'll tell her the story later as long as you don't mind, but probably not the details, and yes, I'll tell her and the others that I love you. OK?' She felt her heart twist with relief and nodded mutely, then cleared her throat.

'Listening to you schmoozing her was odd. Sorry for doubting. Must try harder. What next?' He looked at his watch.

'One more quick call and then I insist on eating something, you if necessary. I don't think I can do anything else before tomorrow.' He looked at the computer screen and punched numbers. Uli listened as he began to speak, his German suddenly more formal, his voice smooth and professional. Chameleon, she thought, remembering a conversation with her mother.

'Herr Steiner's secretary, please.... Good Afternoon Fräulein. My name is Lancer. I tutored Herr Steiner's son four years ago, when Herr Steiner was seconded to the Italian ministry as Liaison Chief. Is he available? The matter is of some urgency. There is a possibility that the Fine Arts College here will be exposed to some unwelcome publicity.... Yes, I'll hold.' He looked up at the girls. 'After this I'm going to shower and change and go and get something to eat. Anyone who wants to join me had better get clean and suitably dressed now or they'll be left behind. Lottie too, unless she wants to hurt my feelings.' He winked at Uli. 'Better persuade her, or you'll never find out what I'm up to.' Lottie's eyes were huge and she turned to Uli.

'Who's he talking to?' Uli felt laughter rising in her.

'Us, and we'd better go do what he says. He's perfectly capable of carrying out his threats. I don't know who he's on the phone to, but he'll tell us, and he's planning to pull something out of the hat and we'll have to congratulate him and tell him how clever he is. You're clean and I'm not, but you can sit on the toilet while I'm showering and I'll tell you the bits I left out.' As they left she heard Luke speaking again.

'Herr Steiner?... Manfred, it's Luke Lancer, Emil's tutor in Rome...how nice to speak with you again... Fine thanks, and you?... Good.... No, no, I'm in Munich as it happens... Listen, Manfred, I think you should be made aware of a little problem before it turns into a big one and makes the Ministry a target for criticism and unkind laughter... Harassment of a student by her supervisor, threats of failing grades, stuff like that... No, the normal channels won't work, that's why I'm calling. The student is the daughter of Heinrich Fischer... yes, the engineering guy with the big legal team. I thought that'd make you sit up...'

* * * * * *

Uli watched him as he loaded his plate.

'Bratwurst and potato salad and pickles and... everything,' he enthused. 'Lottie, you're a dream. I thought places like this went off the map years ago. Uli, you're on a promise to eat regularly, remember? I'm going to make Lottie responsible for bringing you here twice a week. Where's the beer? We ordered it ages ago...' Uli put her hand delicately over his mouth. He's being deliberately tantalizing, she thought, so he thinks it's going to be alright, whatever it is. She tried to sound stern.

'Listen Mr. Cleverdick, or I'll pour your beer all over your head. You're going to tell Lottie and me what that phone call was about, and what you're planning to do, otherwise I'll sleep with her tonight.' Lottie panted realistically and Uli's mouth twitched in a half-smile. 'Honestly, Luke: you can't start doing stuff that affects us without telling us what it is. Remember the dominant male syndrome.' He kissed the palm of her hand and she lowered it, closing her fist to hold the kiss tight.

'Good point,' he said, 'and I do get carried away a bit. The guy I called is Manfred Steiner, and he's a big wheel in Educational Coordination, or Ethical Pedagogy or something, and he's based here, which is a stroke of luck. That's why I was surfing cyberspace looking for his current post and phone number. He's got a lot of clout, and he could be in Berlin if he wanted. Anyway, I got his deadbeat son through a couple of exams a few years ago, and he and I got on well, and he's pushed a couple of other queries my way since then. He's serious and conscientious and devoted to the Ministry's good name, so I'm going to go and see him tomorrow and tell him our troubles and see what he suggests. That's all. He knows about your father's reputation, and when I said that you were the apple of his eye he sounded quite jumpy. I expect he'll be able to think of something.' He looked round. 'Where the dickens is that nice waitress with the beer?' Uli looked at Lottie helplessly.

'Well, what do we do? I saw Dieter and you didn't, and he really was a bit peculiar. He was always a bit unpredictable, and that's one reason why I fancied him, but...' Lottie glanced at Luke, who was still looking for the waitress, and Uli shook her head. 'Don't worry, I'm not saying anything I haven't already told him. But even if he calms down, he can easily affect our grades, and he specifically mentioned you as well.' Luke sighed with pleasure as the drinks arrived, then looked at Lottie.

'What he actually said was "I don't think you and that fat redheaded bitch you live with will do so well this term", and he sounded quite serious. I don't know too much about dominant male theory, but Dieter wants to be one. I just want to make sure his claws are pulled so that my sweetie-pie doesn't have a bad time, and you don't end up as collateral damage.' He turned to Uli and she felt the weight of his love and wondered why she'd never noticed it before. His eyes were soft and mocking, but behind them was a look that sent sparks through her. He sighed again.

'I think I have to say it, and say why as well. Dieter was sort of muttering to himself when I was taking him to the taxi: I couldn't hear very well, and I was hurting him a bit I suppose, and he'd been drinking, and he was upset, and all the rest, but still... it wasn't nice at all. Quite creepy some of it ... I don't think I should leave till we're both sure that this balls-up is sorted. What I mean really is I won't leave till I'm sure. It's the downside of being loved, sweetheart: I won't walk away from this for the sake of an abstract principle, even one that says I mustn't try and take decisions for you. Most guys are sort of hardwired to look out for the woman they love, and my hardwiring's on its hind legs and boogying right now.' He shrugged. 'If I hadn't been there you might have managed better...' He stopped as Uli raised her hand. She rose from her chair and walked round the table to where he sat and squatted down next to him. She felt her eyes stinging, and her voice shook slightly.

'Don't start apologizing. I've never been as relieved in my life as I was that you were there this afternoon, and I won't let you talk yourself into doubting your own instincts. And I don't feel overwhelmed or grateful. Thankful, definitely, but that's different. I could get used to this being loved business.' She leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. 'Now have some more bratwurst. You're going to need your strength later.'

* * * * *

Much later she leaned on one elbow and watched his sleeping face in the unsteady light of the candle he'd insisting on placing on the bedside table. Her body felt sated and completely filled, and she wondered if she was going to start spontaneously purring. She stretched carefully, aware of his seed dribbling slowly out of her, and slipped a finger into herself to scoop out a little. She licked the finger clean and looked at him again. When they'd returned from the restaurant he'd been the same as usual, relaxed and assured, cracking small jokes: being completely Luke, she'd thought. But when she'd finished in the bathroom and closed the bedroom door he'd reached for her with an edge of need that he didn't normally show. She'd held him gently, feeling the tension in his lean form. I may not have caused this, but I'm sure as hell at the heart of it, she thought guiltily, and smiled wryly to herself. They'd agreed a thousand times in the past ten days that love wouldn't be easy, and she hoped they weren't going to be forced to test the theory to destruction.

'You're like a bowstring,' she'd murmured softly. 'Wound up like a spring. I meant what I said in the restaurant, you know: I wouldn't have you any other way. Not wanting to be overwhelmed by you is for everyday problems, not lunatic ex-lovers. I need you to be who you are. Being looked after is fine too.' He'd relaxed slightly, and she'd let him slide off her body till he was prone. 'I'll sort you out a little,' she'd said as she leaned over him and ran her tongue across his nipples, 'and then if you want to sort me out that'll be good as well.'

His cock, her first cock, the cock she knew best in the world, was lying across his thigh, and she lapped her way down to it and took it gently into her mouth, bathing him with her tongue and lips, her eyes closed, letting the familiar taste of him wash through her. Her hand slipped round his scrotum and lifted it delicately and he quivered. Rolling his balls gently in the palm of her hand, she pursed her lips over his shaft and slid her mouth further down it, coaxing it to life. She loved the way she recognized his responses, able to offer what he wanted almost before he knew it himself, and the knowledge of her own powers reinforced them. His hand caressed the back of her head and his prick began to swell and lengthen, forcing her to withdraw a little. He'd never made her take more than she wanted, she thought as his hand relaxed its pressure. He's never, ever forced me to do anything: maybe that's why I always want to do more. A sense of joy coursed through her as she realized for the twentieth time that day that he really and truly loved her.