Allyson Ch. 05

Story Info
Two young people in love, but confused.
7.3k words
4.43
12.3k
4
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 09/20/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,544 Followers

By mid-morning the Hanson's had managed to get Allyson back to their house. Mrs. Hanson, Audra, helped her upstairs and back into Paul's bedroom. Allyson had been given a heavy dose of antibiotics, a mild pain killer, and a sedative to calm her down. Audra was thankful the doctors had medicated her so heavily since it had made it easier to get her settled.

All the way back Allyson tried valiantly to assert herself; she insisted she'd soon be OK and able to start back out on her own. Audra knew better. This girl, and girl she certainly still was, needed help and lots of it.

Back at the hospital Audra had made the decision she would take Allyson under her wing. She'd nurse the hapless young woman back to good health. Audra made her decision partly out of guilt. She'd treated her badly when she believed the girl was interfering with marital plans she mistakenly thought John and Hannah had made. But Audra also wanted to keep Allyson as close as she could because she so vividly saw how deeply Paul felt about her; mostly though Audra's interest in helping Allyson was about the young woman's apparent helplessness. Allyson was someone who had nobody; but a woman desperately in need of help.

Audra was quick to throw any foolish sense of guilt aside. Guilt was the kind of self absorbing emotion that accomplished nothing; it was the kind of egotistical feeling that precluded positive action and made genuine efforts to do for others phony.

However, Audra's love for her son took on a much bigger piece of her emotional energy. Paul was her oldest son. He was a boy with a past; a past filled with difficulties and challenges. Paul nearly died as an infant. He'd had a brain malfunction that had required major surgery. It required the efforts of a world famous Hopkins doctor and years of rehabilitation to get him on track. Yes, if Paul loved this girl, she wanted him to have her.

Yet there was still another reason Audra wanted to help this girl, a deeply hidden personal reason. Audra had three boys; three wild little hellions who'd grown to fine young manhood. They were her pride and joy, but deep inside she'd always wished for a little girl. No girls had come though, that was until now.

She'd watched the young woman curled up in the car on the way home. Her story was still unclear, but she had a sense of who Allyson was. She could be wrong. Allyson might have come from a big happy raucous family where a loving mom and dad doted on and cared for her. She didn't think so though. Audra had ken eye and a good sense of these things She had a powerful hunch this girl never had much. She suspected this woman, this girl, never had that big happy family.

It bothered her. She didn't think Allyson was especially pretty, though Paul seemed to think the sun rose and set on her. She just looked lost; like the the girl who never had a real Christmas, or been to a midnight mass,or sat on a Santa's knee.She wondered if she'd ever gotten that special Easter dress or that strapless prom gown. She knew she couldn't go back, but she could sure take it forward. She'd have things now. She'd see to it.

Audra felt at odds with herself. It might be a little perverse, but she sort of hoped young Miss Allyson had never had a happy family. Audra saw this as her chance. She'd get the girl she wanted, and she'd see to it the girl got a real family. Maybe it was stupid, a pipe dream, maybe she was lying to herself, maybe she was all wrong. She didn't think so. For one she remembered Allyson's behavior when she had visited John and Hannah's. Allyson had the look of a lost and helpless waif. Audra remembered she'd felt funny treating her so curtly; she recalled the hurt looks, the repressed tears, that forlorn lost lonely look only a truly unhappy child would evince.

Still the girl might not be any of the things she thought and wanted. Allyson might actually really be a little gold digger, a liar, a manipulator. Audra might try to help her only to get a figurative slap in the face.

Audra knew that wouldn't happen; she didn't believe that, not for a second. Allyson was no conniver, no con artist. How did she know? She knew her son. Paul was smart. He had always been an excellent judge of character. If Paul loved her, if he cared enough to break into somebody's house and steal her away, then she was the real deal.

They got Allyson in bed. Audra turned the heat up, drew a lightweight sheet over her, closed the curtains, and turned off the lights. Before covering her she took another look at Allyson's back. She saw those angry slashes, but still had trouble believing it. What kind of monster was that John Bennett? Men didn't do things like that to women; not in her world. Audra moved a wisp of hair away from the girl's face. She leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on a feverish cheek. Then she went downstairs; it was time to explain what she had in mind.

++++++++++++

Downstairs her three sons, her husband, Lauren and another girl, Ariel, were waiting in the family room. The Hanson's were an affluent family. Jeremy, her husband had worked his tail off, first as an associate, then as a partner to put them in the situation they were in.

Jeremy was a tried and true self made man; a real boot strapper; the embodiment of the American dream. He'd quit high school in the tenth grade, joined the army, served a tour in Vietnam, gotten wounded, and earned a Bronze Star. He came out, and found her.

She remembered not liking him at first; he was a brash young man with big dreams, she was a good Catholic girl, the product of parochial schools with their starched school uniforms and soft spoken tough minded nuns. Jeremy hadn't been much of anything; no religious training; no manners, and no family to speak of. But he learned and learned fast. She had four brothers, two sisters, a tough Italian father, and a hot tempered Irish mother. Yes, she remembered how they'd laid down the law; if he wanted their girl, there would be no alcohol, no carousing, no hot rodding, and absolutely no fooling around.

Her mom and dad got him in religious classes; they made a good Catholic out of him. Then off he and she went on what they called in those days a blond scholarship. They got married, and he got money for college through the G.I. Bill. While she waited tables and washed and ironed his clothes, he studied. He got through undergraduate school in three years, and went straight to law school. Sure it was a struggle, but they loved each other, and they believed in themselves and in a country that in those days made all things possible.

After a few years Paul came along, followed by Aubrey and Wayne. They made a nest, a happy home, and they did for their boys just what her mom and dad had done for her. It paid off; all three of their boys were on the right track.

Sure Jeremy still had to tow the mark around her mom and dad, but it was all formality now. Her dad was retired. He'd been a plasterer all his life,a hard working man. He'd even helped build the house Jeremy and she bought. Her mom had worked at the grocery store. All her parent's kids were grown and gone, but none had moved very far away.

Thanksgiving had become one of those special holidays. The official Thursday was for everyone to share with their married families, but everyone, all her brothers and sisters and all their children were expected at mom and dad's the following Sunday. They followed the same procedure at Christmas and Easter; just one big happy riotous mob.

Audra made her way into the family room. She had it all worked out. This was Wednesday. Thanksgiving was a day away. She'd get Allyson in the right frame of mind Thursday and then they'd bury her with love on Sunday. It would be a massacre. Allyson's old life was all but gone; her new life was just about to begin.

Audra stepped into the family room, "She's asleep."

Jeremy, her husband, had been talking to Paul. He looked up, "What's the plan?"

Audra looked everyone over. This was her little clan, her little kingdom, "She's in a pretty bad way. We can see the cuts and bruises, but there's more, a lot more. There's a lot of emotional scar there too."

Paul looked at his mom. He tapped the side of his head, "They did a real number on her didn't they."

She smiled at her oldest son, "I want you to keep your distance. I'm not sure how she feels about you right now. We only talked a little on the way back. I'm glad you weren't in the car with us. And Paul, if you get a chance, don't try to look at her back. She's really self-conscious about it."

Jeremy nodded his head in agreement and looked at Paul, "You must have predicted what would happen. I think she's uncomfortable with you right now. Do what your mother says. If you really feel the way you say you do you'll mind your mother." Jeremy could see the anguish on his son's face.

Paul responded, "I think I'll skip Thanksgiving tomorrow. Go fishing again maybe."

Jeremy scratched his chin, "Good idea." Looking at Aubrey and Wayne he added, "You two go with him."

Ariel, Aubrey's girlfriend asked, "Can I come over for Thanksgiving anyway?"

Audra smiled and nodded, "I want you too Lauren. Would either of your parents mind?"

Ariel answered, "I'll explain the circumstances."

"Don't worry. I'll be here too," replied Lauren.

Jeremy looked around the room, "Then it'll be four women and me. I can handle that."

Audra added, "I'm going to ask my mom and dad to come over. Is that all right?"

Jeremy asked, "Isn't it Scottie's turn to be host to your parents this year?"

Scottie was one of Audra's brothers. She replied, "I'll call him and his wife. They'll be good about this. Maybe I'll get mom and dad and Scottie, his wife and kids to come over right after we eat."

Wayne interjected, "That's a good idea mom. I figure Allyson will be with all of us on Sunday?"

Audra smiled broadly, "Count on it. Scottie and his wife will help her with the crowd."

Lauren looked over at Wayne, "I need to be a part of this family." Lauren was a couple years older than Wayne, and had known him as long as anyone there. She also knew he had a terrible crush on her.

Wayne blushed.

Jeremy frowned at both of them, "College first."

Everyone laughed.

Lauren turned serious, "What about the other two, John and Hannah."

Jeremy looked over, "I figure Hannah's gone by Friday. I'm not sure how much she really had to do with all this. I intend to help her if she'll let me. As for Mr. Bennett, I'll settle up with him when I get to the office this afternoon."

Audra asked, "What are you going to do?"

Jeremy replied, "Get rid of him."

She wasn't sure what that meant, but she was confident whatever it was it would be thorough and complete.

Aubrey laughed. He took up a boxer's stance,knees bent fists up, "Dad's going to put the moves on him."

Jeremy stood up, "If I'm going to get rid of him I better get to the office." As he stood to get his coat he looked at his wife, "Don't worry." He looked at Lauren, "Nothing about the man we hired OK?"

Lauren knew and understood. The head of the house was setting the table, "Yes sir."

Jeremy left. Paul, Aubrey, and Wayne went to the garage to get the fishing tackle out and hitch up the boat.

As they walked out the back door Audra called out, "Be back for Sunday."

Wayne called back, "Right mom."

Audra looked at Lauren and Ariel, "Lauren you sort of know what sizes will work with our girl upstairs. Why don't the two of you hit the mall? Buy her some things. Make sure they're all loose fitting and pretty, but nothing childish. She's going to see my mother and father. You'll know what to get."

Lauren smiled.

Ariel blushed and answered, "I love you Mrs. Hanson."

She smiled back and responded, "I love the both of you. Between the three of us we're going to take care of our girl upstairs."

Ariel and Lauren left by the front door.

Audra turned and started back up the steps. All of a sudden she felt exquisitely happy. She had another child upstairs she needed to take care of.

++++++++++++

Audra had gotten Wayne to bring one of their big lazy boy's upstairs and put it in a corner of Paul's room. She sat back and, through half closed eyes, watched the young woman asleep in Paul's bed.

She'd get all Paul's clothes and paraphernalia moved to the smaller guest room downstairs. The guest room she had in mind had become something of a personal hideaway for Jeremy the last few years. He'd set up a desk top computer, a television, and he'd bought a small bed. He used it as a place to veg when he couldn't sleep. She'd put Paul in there.

Allyson would get Paul's room, the biggest of the boys' rooms. Paul had a desktop and a laptop. Allyson would have access to both. If she wanted a laptop of her own Audra would buy it for her. They'd fill the closet with clothes for Allyson. First Ariel and Lauren would get some stuff, but once Allyson felt better Audra imagined her with her own credit card, no limit of course, trust was everything. She'd be able to buy whatever she wanted.

Allyson would need a car. Paul was supposed to travel east for graduate studies. She expected him to follow through on that. He had that old Chevrolet. That would do until Allyson found something she liked.

The big question was how to keep Allyson around after she recovered. Audra wondered what the woman wanted to do. What did she dream about? She was sure they could find her a job, but she thought it would be better to get her involved in something long range, maybe she could find a way to get her to go back to school, or into something that would be so interesting and time consuming she'd put off trying to leave. Audra figured, considering the condition of Allyson's back she had about two weeks to find something, or more realistically, find a way to maneuver her into something she'd really want to do.

Audra knew she'd have no trouble with Jeremy. He liked young people. He liked it when the boys had their girlfriends around. They had the money, and it wouldn't really be money spent, it would be more like an investment, an investment in another child, this time a girl.

She looked at the young woman asleep in her son's bed. She started to have silly thoughts, a foolish woman's fantasies. She and Paul would be a good couple. They could get married; they could have children. She'd call her Momma Hanson, and she'd be her mother-in-law. They'd shop together. When they had kids she could babysit. Maybe they could wangle a priest for Sunday; just have one on hand, maybe just to talk about God and the church. Audra slowly dozed off.

++++++++++++

Jeremy reached the office a little after 2:00. John was at work. He'd get his coat off, check with his secretary, look through the mail, and then call the bastard in.

++++++++++++

Earlier that same morning John rolled over and looked at the clock, "Holy shot!" he sat up and jabbed Hannah in the side.

She opened her eyes, "What do you want?"

He pointed to the clock, "Look at the time."

Hannah looked, "Oh my! Where's Allyson?"

John was already out of bed. He slipped on a pair of togs and his slippers, "I'll be right back. She's really going to get it now!"

Hannah was up too, "Watch it John. Don't hurt her any more."

He was already out in the hall and half way down the steps.

By the time Hannah reached the downstairs he'd been in Allyson's room, "She's gone," he said.

"How could that be," asked Hannah?

"I don't know. Go see for yourself."

Hannah went down the hall to the maid's room. Allyson was nowhere to be found. She walked back to the kitchen and found John standing by the door.

He pointed out in the yard, "Look."

Hannah didn't see anything, "What?"

"See the trail?"

Hannah looked at the grass. She could see where a trail was left in the frost on the grass. Somebody had walked up the backyard to the kitchen, and then left the same way. She looked at John, "Who do you suppose...?"

He didn't let her finish, "Who do you think?"

"Paul?"

He looked over at her, "What do we do now?"

Hannah was out the back door. She followed the path to the edge of the yard, and picked up the collar. She looked back at John, "We don't do anything."

He looked at her with a stupid almost dumbfounded gaze, "What do you mean, don't do anything?"

Hannah came back up on the rear porch, "Paul saw the marks on Allyson's back. He must have broken in and got her sometime in the night. He's probably stashed her some place."

"What if he took her home?"

Hannah rubbed the side of her face, "Let's go back inside."

They went back in. Hannah started a pot of coffee, "You go upstairs and get ready for work. I'll figure something out."

John looked at her, "OK, but it better be good," He disappeared up the stairs.

Hannah waited long enough for the coffee to perk, then poured herself a cup. She figured John was the one who beat her. John had the problems not her. So far all she'd done was go along with what John wanted. As far as the whole deal with the old judge she was in the clear there too. She had to keep as far away from any further involvement as possible.

John was back down,dressed and ready for work.

Hannah poured him a cup of coffee, "Don't say or do anything. The next move is up to Paul. I'm going to bet he won't do anything. He thinks he's in love with her. He's probably rubbing cream or something on her back right now."

"What if he isn't?"

"Don't worry about it. If he tries to make something of it, you'll have your office commitments to hide behind." She gave John a smarmy look, "Don't worry. He's too much like you. He doesn't have the balls."

John glared at Hannah, "You're a bitch you know that."

She glared back, "Go to work. Act like nothing's wrong. If anything comes up. Play dumb."

John slipped on his overcoat, "See you tonight." He opened the kitchen door and walked all the way around the house to the front drive. Got in his car, and drove off.

Hannah went upstairs and packed a suitcase, then went back to get a shower.

++++++++++++

John tried to lie low most of the day. By 2:00 p.m. he figured if anything was going to happen it would have by then. He guessed Hannah was right. Paul was too yellow to take it anywhere. Just as he started to feel better his phone rang, "Hello Mr. Bennett. This is Mr. Hanson's secretary. He wondered of you wouldn't mind coming in to see him."

John replied, "Not at all. I'll be right there." He guessed it probably had nothing to do with Allyson.

Jeremy Hanson was seated behind his desk reading the morning newspaper when John came in, "Good afternoon Mr. Bennett. Have a seat." He pointed to a chair across from his desk.

John took a seat and crossed his legs. Assuming there wasn't anything wrong he commented, "Everything still on for Thanksgiving?"

Jeremy looked up, "Actually there's been a change of plans."

John couldn't tell what Jeremy had in mind. His face was as bland as a piece of paper, "How so?"

Jeremy didn't waste a second. He handed John an envelope, "I think this will be enough to cover your expenses."

John reached across and took the envelope, "Expenses? What for?"

"You're leaving."

"Leaving? Where am I going?"

For the first time Jeremy gave expression to what he was thinking, "To hell I hope. I've made arrangements. You'll get a year's salary. You're to turn over your client list to my secretary today. I've added a substantial amount of money to cover your departure. You'll find it all there. Use it to get out of the city. If you're gone by tonight, and stay gone, I'll write you a favorable reference."

John tried to play the innocent, "I...I don't understand."

Jeremy would have none of it, "Yes you do, and if you try to do or say anything, I mean anything. I'll have you arrested. You understand? I've seen your handy work. We have the police report, pictures of the girl's back, several doctors' testimonies, and a statement from Allyson. You try anything. I mean anything. Try to fight me, and I'll not only ruin your scummy little career, I'll see you behind bars for the better part of the rest of your young life." He smiled evilly, "How would you like twenty years or so with the brothers. I'll bet they'd have you wearing lipstick inside a week."

carvohi
carvohi
2,544 Followers
12