Almost Kidnapped Pt. 02

Story Info
Awoke to a new life of possibilities, maybe.
4k words
4.62
16.3k
28
15

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/26/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a sequential story you will need to read the previous Parts before this Part will make sense. I broke this story up into Parts to accommodate L's posting limits.

This is my very first story I've ever written. I'm an Engineer so I tend to be techno/detailed, hope it does not distract from the story too much. Some of the items in the story are real, some embellished, and some fantasy, I'll let you try to figure them out. If you seek lurid sex then this story is not for you – I allude to sex but I leave the details to your imagination – often less is more. Enjoy OB.

*****

He pulled out his badge and ID himself as Detective Frank Kapinski, Beachwood PD slipping his badge wallet into his sport coat top pocket – badge out. I acknowledged I'm Kevin Waddell.

He told me I was involved in an attempted kidnapping on 05/14/17. What do you remember? By this time the nurse and doctors left the room and Brandy stood alongside the bed. She was listening intently and watching the detective and me.

I stated I was at Barns & Noble looking for some books and the latest CQ HAM magazine. Just then Brandy cut in asking the detective "what is the purpose of this interview?"

The Dick became very annoyed with her interruption, demanding curtly, "who are you?" Brandy stated her name and this HERO saved my granddaughter and me. The Dick was now very frazzled and off balance. I could see maternal protection in motion and I was not sure why, but I'm smart enough to shut-up and let it play out. The Dick said he just wanted my side of the confrontation.

Brandy piped up again telling the Dick I had just came out of an 8 day coma only moments ago. The Dick shot back at her "he killed three men and I will ask my questions, NOW!"

With that Brandy hopped on her cell phone and made a call, she spoke few words and then put the cell to my ear. A man on the other end of this call said "I'm Brandy's attorney DO NOT say anything more until I arrive."

I told the Dick I'm waiting for my attorney before saying anything more – he was now really mad and red faced. He did an about-face and stormed from my room. Boy was he pissed. But the why, was now bothering me.

I told Brandy "nothing I would have said could have been used against me anyways. That Dick did not Mirandize me. She popped a smile with a very curious expression on her face. I'm sure Brandy did not consider I learned something from Dragnet, Perry Mason, Martin Milner, Magnum PI or my past life being a Military AFP/NIS.

Then I asked a nagging a question, where is my wife? Brandy told me that she was here for three days and went home giving instructions to the hospital to call her at noon daily for a condition update. She needed to get home to care for the dogs and for work.

I just mumbled, "ya, the most important things in her life." Brandy seeing depression on my face grabbed my hand and started talking away. Brandy said, "her granddaughter should be here soon - she wants to see HER HERO!" I just smiled saying nothing. I was not good company at the moment.

Brandy asked, "Kevin why did you save us?" I paused thinking, remembering then said, "Bandy, I saw the passenger about to shoot you. I realized right then and there by their callus actions, their body language, they didn't care, they were going to kill you both. This kidnapping was a one way trip."

Brandy stated, you thought about all that in a space of a second and reacted. Hell yes I exclaimed, if I didn't in Vietnam I would have been dead. When I saw the passenger getting out of his door towards you holding a pistol I knew someone was going to die. I just made sure it was them and not you.

The kidnappers were so focused on the both of you they never noticed me or seeing a graying hair fat man never considered me a threat, there mistake. Surprise was my advantage.

If you ask was I scared, sort of, but I didn't have time to think emotionally, that would come later. Decades old training just kicked in. The fear I had was in getting one of you hurt. My intent was to put myself between you and them at all costs. You were helpless women in an escalating crisis (she shot me a dirty look that morphed to a smirking smile).

When I grabbed the hoods gun hand and wrapped my fingers around his hand I knew either he would stop right then or I was going to make sure the bullet went into him and not you. I was just feared the other three since I was now engaged in life and death.

After I shot the hood I saw the driver pull his pistol and search me out. That is why I jinked to the side door wrapping my gun arm around the passenger seat and shot him weak handed – I never sighted the pistol just pointed in the general direction of his seat and pulled the trigger hoping I'd get a piece of him. I saw him jerk forward on the first shot slumping over the steering wheel and put two more rounds in him for insurance.

About that time I turned and saw that you were continuing to claw the hoods eyes out or at least trying and drawing good blood. So I grabbed the little girl and threw her out of the van behind me knowing she was now safe I reengaged to get you safe.

When I saw the big hood pulling his pistol and turn towards me I almost froze fearing he was going to pop a round in you first. I snap-pointed onto center-mass while pulling the trigger, no time to think just react. I got him and popped another round in his chest then tipped the pistol up slightly and put a round to his face to insure he would never be a threat again.

That is when I grabbed you and threw you out the door to the pavement as I feared the fourth guy that was holding you might have a gun. He chose to dive out the rear van door and right into a braking car becoming a grill ornament.

All goons were down so I cleared the pistol, dropped the clip, and tossed the pistol into the van floor to turn my attention to you. I was about to apologize to you both for my man-handling and hoping I didn't hurt you. As I reached for you my world went black until today.

What I did not notice while looking into Brandy's vivid emerald green eyes only inches from my face was her attorney walked in and heard everything. She was holding my left hand with both of hers staring at me with an ever growing smile and wet eyes. I felt something in my sole move at that moment – something I've never felt.

The attorney loudly stated "I'm Rabbin Rubenstein (a Bob Hoskins double if I ever saw one) nice to meet you" putting his hand out to shake. Bandy tossed over her shoulder "Hi Rabbin" while continuing her stare into my eyes.

Rhetorically, Rabbin asked, this is him, your HERO? I just heard your story and it was good and from all the eye witness accounts very accurate but you're missing the emotional side. You might want to recall the blinding fear you had - your fear for you, Brandy's and Sara's life.

But Sir,,, Rabbin, can I call you that? I got a head bob. I was in total control and knew exactly what I was doing. I even counted the rounds fired as I knew I only had about 13 shots. I shot 7 total rounds and I went for center-mass and head shots. I know I killed two, what about the others?

Rabbin harrumphed, then said "well, everyone you shot died and the rear door swan diver broke his neck hitting the limo or the limo hitting him, he will be forever paralyzed from his neck down."

Brandy started to apologizer to me as it was her limo driver that Tased me. He was late picking them up but the truth later discovered was he was the ringleader of the kidnapping attempt. The three dead hoods were high school gang buddies. The paralyzed hood is the driver's baby brother.

I started to loudly chuckle, Brandy said what is so funny? The limo driver did in his baby brother –- that will surely be a family gaff he'll never live down. We all then laughed.

Rabbin stated the judge would not set bail for the limo driver when he blurted out in the court arraignment "he is going to kill you for what you did to his little brother." Since guns were involved with three dead hoods the limo driver and his bother will stand trial for the three deaths and for his attempted murder of you and all the related kidnap charges – they will die in prison. I had an ear-to-ear big smile!

The DA told me they planned on ransoming Brandy and Sara for $1M each or start delivering body parts to Brandy's Corporate HQ. Brandy and Sara were never going to be found, the hoods already had a boat at a Lake Erie marina with extra anchors and chains aboard.

That was the first time Brandy heard how close it had been, her legs went weak and she dropped into my bed side chair. She looked pale with tears in her eyes and nearly fainted. Rabbin mumbled "oh shit" I thought you knew, sorry. I thought, just a typical clueless lawyer one step above a politician in social food-chain.

Rabbin now very flustered at what he just did to Brandy, looked at me and said you will not tell the police or DA anything without my presence. You will tell them your attorney must be present before you answer any questions or make any statements.

Rabbin stated even though you are a good guy - a HERO - you did killed three black kidnappers with their own gun. Their uncle is a NAACP rabblerousing and is making this a racial vigilantly thing. Everyone with half a brain knows this Uncle is all BS but the media does not care about the truth just blood and chaos.

The media only wants blood so seek their Pulitzer, Anchor chair, or a book deal for the big bucks. Trust no one that you do not know! I boldly replied "Yes, Sir" giving him a mock salute... I really liked Rabbin, we thought on the same plain, he knew what and how to get it done or not.

Later that day reading the saved newspapers of the past week, the first night there were riots over a white man killing three black youths with a gun and breaking another black boy's neck - totally devoid of the attempted kidnapping or my coma or it was their gun. It was distorted bullshit not even half truths and no context, but then again the rioters in Ferguson, MO were also lied too and used. Many chose to stay stupid and continue rioting.

I'm sure if Barry Obama was still POTUS he would have requested DOJ to investigate me and how I violated those poor misunderstood black boys civil rights before he ever got briefed to the facts. My thoughts kept going back to Ferguson and the scam of the what the Duke LaCrosse team endured. I felt fatigue and dozed off.

I awoke to find a uniformed Police officer (one of the biggest black men I've ever seen reminded me of Michael Clark Duncan) sitting in a chair outside my open hospital door. I asked him to come to discover why he's here.

I asked, "Am I under arrest?" He said, "oh hell NO," the media has reported you came out of the coma and now some dipshit niggers have made threats on your life. I'm sure my eyes popped wide on hearing his un-Politically-Correct label (that I can never say, being a cracker). He continued, those dip-shit hoods had it coming. You did good, real good – you cleaned the gene pool of three more idiots and the other two will never have kids either.

He popped his hand out to shake while telling me I'm Officer Oswald Charles Leon Booth, glad to be of service to you as we shook hands. I said "Oswald, really? No shit..." He said call him Ozy, his father played a joke on his father, my grand-pappy, by naming me after Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Guiteau, and Leon Czolgosz since our last name was Booth. You do know what all those men have in common? Nope.

In the hood Oswald is a white name, damn near as bad as 'a boy named Sue'. I was always in fights over my name. I chucked at his antics.

My dad died in a car accident when I was 10, I grew up hard and mean until I got my clocked cleaned in the Marines. I stated "Semper-Fi." He asked, you a fellow grunt? Nah, just your sea going transportation.

Navy huh, what ya do? Keep your asses alive by putting five inch rounds on target – Fire Control, NGFS. Ozy now had a big smile exclaiming, we love you guys, you make the Indian's wish they never came to the powwow.

I rhetorically asked, did you ever see what happens at night when Charlie gets an air-burst of AP Willy-Peter (white phosphorous)? Those little suckers pop out of their holes screaming and running around with a bright white-blue glow from the burning magnesium shrapnel – nasty shit but fun to watch through the Director telescope when we steamed close enough to shore. The grunts in the area loved us marking bright white-blue targets – no star-light scopes needed – just aim at the glow and pop 'em off. Ozy just shook his head and laughed, mumbling Vietnam. Ozy said he did his time in both sand boxes. I said no thanks – no cover and no place to hide.

By the way, any hood will have a hell of a time getting past me to you. Ozy stated we take care of our own and I'll let the other officers know we got a fellow Vet that did his time in the hell too. If Ozy only knew, I also went up shit-creek in a little boat and almost didn't come back, so many times.

A few hours later the Dick walked in and asked if I'm ready to give my statement? I said NOPE, not without Rabbin Rubinstein present – he is my attorney. The Dick's face went red and he looked like he was going to shit bricks. He stormed out of my room.

About 10 minutes later Ozy popped in the room, saying "good move", don't trust that asshole, he's the DA's pet and if he's here he's on a mission and his type of missions are never good for anyone but them. These brief chats with Ozy made him a life long friend - race, color, job - be damned, he is a man with integrity and honesty putting his life on the line every day. Hooyah!

The two doctors returned and told me they were going to keep me for another three days, they wanted to insure no-after-coma affects and to also get me on whole food. The IV would get removed tomorrow. I was to now use the bathroom and take at least three walks a day down the passageway with my nurse. To expect a physical trainer in soon to have me do bed isometrics to get the muscles working again.

The doctors were standing off to the side talking when a firecracker came running into my room. She looked at me and launched herself into my arms on the bed. She gave me the biggest hug and shouted "YOU are MY HERO". I just looked at her said "you're welcome." This was our first ever conscious meeting – my heart melted.

Brandy saw Sara launch herself into my arms and gave out a shrill. Brandy barked at Sara for doing what she did, stating Sara could hurt him. I stated "she's medicine not pain!" Hell, I did not care it was a good feeling to be appreciated by someone so precious and full of energy. The doctors walked out chuckling and shaking their heads with big smiles.

I had tears in my eyes with Sara lying next to me. I don't know when I ever felt that much love. Soon I found Sara to be a living chatter box especially since she had a captive bedridden audience. I could not get a word in edgewise, just a few ahuh's, no's, and hmmm's.

I quickly spotted this was no average little girl but a very bright young lady, her vocabulary and word usage could put many college professor to shame. Some of her words had me thinking hard to derive a general meaning (I'd need to look a few up later).

Brandy just sat back and chuckled at Sara's animated antics. You see I do not think Sara could talk if her hands were ever tied together. But she was so cute – adorable is the right word. This bright blue eyed firecracker with auburn hair was a ball of energy.

After an hour Brandy got on her cell phone. 15 minutes later her Nanny and a huge man appeared to the protest of Sara. Sara kept stating she wanted to talk to HER HERO. Of course in the past hour I think I only said 10 words, most being one word answers to her deluge of questions.

To pacify Sara I told her I'd like to see her tomorrow and Brandy just rolled her eyes stating "you do not know what you are in for?"... The Nanny took Sara home. Brandy told the Nanny to have the driver return in an hour.

I asked, "who's the big guy with the Nanny." Brandy said, "he is my new driver that Rabbin hired this time." I suspect he is impart a body guard but there is more going on her than I know – I'll have to talk to Rabbin soon.

I thanked Brandy in allowing me to see her walking fireworks – we both laughed. Brandy said it's very hard for Sara, her parents and my husband were killed in a small plane crash almost two years ago. She misses them fiercely. You're the first man she has opened up too and she adores you. I said the feeling is mutual.

Brandy, has Sara been IQ tested, she must be Gifted if not Genius? Brandy said, yes, you're right she is on the line between - how did you know? It's her vocabulary and the proper way she uses her words – most impressive for her age. Then Brandy said "no, I think it is like-minds seeking each other" giving me a smirk. Now I was confused.

I told Brandy I need to get out of here to get back to work, I'm a consulting engineer and I get no vacation pay - in affect I'm an hourly employee; no work equals no pay.

Brandy got quiet and had a look of sadness as she said "don't worry about that - take all the time you need to get well." That look told me there was more and she was being deceptive. I demanded, "out with it."

Well since you were in a coma the company terminated your contract not knowing when you'd be able to work again. The company has needs and had to move on. I sulked, "damn, I have bills and unused hotel room costs growing." That is when Brandy piped up with a smile telling me "no you don't."

Why? The day you got moved from the ICU I took the liberty in moving you out of your hotel room, so you didn't waste your money or have your property disappear. By the way nice camera can you use it? I hope I did good? Ya, you sure did, thank you... And yes I'm a rather good but rusty photographer.

Where is my wife? I've been out of this coma well over a day now. She's not even called me – and where the hell is my cell phone?

Brandy handed me my cell phone and I had very few voice messages. One was from the head-hunting firm I contract thru telling me how sorry they were but I was terminated for attendance violations, ya no shit, a coma will do that, but they wished me good luck in the future.

Next the hotel GM stated that a Mrs. St George packed my belongings and checked me out, they were sorry to hear I was in a coma after such a heroic deed.

Next few were from my son asked me to call him soon, he misses our conversations.

The last was from my cousin wondering where I was and to call him about the family reunion coming soon. Not one message from my wife.

Brandy where did you take my stuff? Brandy stated, your belongings are stored in her butler's apartment above her garage. I'm thinking butler's apartment – who the hell is this stunning lady with bright green emerald eyes, a natural auburn red head, and not a freckle on her face. She's got to be related to Maureen O'Hara or Ann Margaret. Brandy is almost 'glamorous' and from this view very well packaged with all the right ample curves and a flat tummy too.

Where is my SUV? It's in my garage. Hmmm, does anyone know where my stuff is other than you? Yes. Who? Sara and Rabbin. None of my family? No one asked.

My mind drifted into a realization that I really am on my own except for Brandy and she's just going through the socially proper motions of an obligated duty. Her duty will soon be over and we will part never seeing each other again.

12