Alpha Killer Ch. 76 - Conclusion

Story Info
The Final Battle and Aftermath.
9.8k words
4.89
17.2k
56

Part 16 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,311 Followers

Talia's POV

Werewolf Council HQ

"Talia, I order you to open this door!"

"Sorry, Dad. It's too late now." My conscience would not allow for him to fight, not now. Our plan was fatally flawed in a way familiar to the French and their Maginot Line. We had put everything into defending against a ground attack, and instead they had gone around them. Fighting hand to hand in a building like this was a losing strategy, and the screams from above me bore that out. We simply could not regroup in time to do anything, and my Enforcers were dying.

"We've locked down the upper level, Talia. We show a dozen or so vampires entering from the rooftops. We've made a dent but not enough."

"Have those who can fall back to our position and lock the rooms behind them, so we have time to prepare," I sent back. The Pack House was fortified inside and out for just such a reason. Doors locked and steel barricades slid into place, cutting each floor into quarters and isolating the stairwells. It wouldn't stop them but each barricade to breach would slow them down. The vampires arrived in the room first, followed by the Enforcers they were embedded with.

"They will take a few minutes to break through," he told me.

"Stay behind me," I told the remaining men and women. "You are to protect the safe room and the backs of the Masters."

"We wish to fight," one of the vampire females hissed.

"You have your orders," Nikolai said softly.

Of course, at the worst possible time before battle, my phone rang. I pulled it out in annoyance, only to smile when I saw the video call was from my mate. He had blood on his face and behind him looked like a slaughterhouse. "Are you all right?"

"We're fine, love. The rebels failed, we lost Mistress Edith and the third floor of Vampire Headquarters will need a complete remodel, but they are all dead."

"I have to go, our attackers are almost here."

"Put it where I can watch and leave the line open, love." I thought about it, he deserved to know what happened so he could congratulate or avenge me. I set it on a table next to the door, pointed forward. "What is your status?"

"We will win," Nikolai said. "Randall, Lukaku, you have proven your worth again."

"Talia, I have heard back from Sulphur River, they have repulsed the attack as well." I could tell there was something he was holding back, but there wasn't time. The last door to the basement was blown open.

I shifted to my hybrid form, guarding the entrance to the safe room. It was a safe haven for the people in it; the lock could not be opened from either side for ten minutes, and the thick steel would take hours to breach.

"We make our stand here," Nikolai said as his talons extended. He moved to the center as I took his right. Leonardo moved to his left and we all took a ready position. A few seconds later, the vampires at the lead of the attack entered the room. There were sixteen of them, and they looked more like soldiers than vampires. Dressed head to toe in black body armor, they would have some protection against both bullets and teeth. Instead of attacking us, they quietly lined up against the wall by the door. I could sense their power; these were not the men in charge, they were troops. "You will all die today," Nikolai said.

"I don't think so," a man said as he entered the room. He was tall and handsome, his black hair perfectly framing his classic features. His suit was expensive and immaculate, and two other men followed behind him. These men were dangerous, my senses told me. "Today we settle this dispute with your blood."

"Master Vincent," Nikolai said. "You are a long way from Boston, and far too young to think you are a match for me. Nice of you to bring Master Esteban and Master Hermann with you, that will save me a trip to wipe them out." The two Masters stood just behind them, suddenly not quite as confident. The troops were keeping a close eye on each other, muscles tensed and ready for the fight. This place was a powderkeg and we were all carrying torches.

"I go where I am needed," he said. "It is not like the Council respects those who are not senior enough to sit on it. We will not sit back and watch you destroy our kind with your foolish plans."

Nikolai shook his head. "Which part was it you objected to? Making peace with the Packs, or Talia?"

His look as he turned to me was a mix of disgust and fear. "You were a mistake, one that Nikolai and the Council failed to rectify for four years. You and all like you must be killed."

I couldn't answer with my jaw shifted, but Leonardo could. "Why? She has proven herself to both Councils."

"Because that bitch offends me by her very existence. The Masters who discovered this could be done ages ago killed them once they saw the monsters they had created."

Nikolai shook his head while I watched the others standing back. "The Council has spoken on this. The creation of hybrids will only happen with our permission." He stared at him, death a promise in his eyes. "The hybrids are a key to our future, because they bridge the divide between our species. Not only can they be mates, as Erica and Eduardo have proven, they can reproduce."

"How can that be? Vampires are sterile."

"Maybe the Gods are smarter than we are. Maybe if we would put aside our prejudices and hatred, we would embrace the chance the Moon Goddess is giving us." The men looked confused. "I am the world's oldest vampire. Every person I knew before I was changed has been dead for thousands of years, and those who I care for are gone unless I cursed them to be like me. Unable to age, unable to reproduce, unable to find the person destined for me until now. Eduardo proved that there are mates to be found among the werewolves. She took the change, so she lived past his bite, but the mating bite she gave him changed him as well. He is no longer a vampire like us, he is alive in a way we aren't."

"Wait, he's a hybrid?"

"We don't know all he is yet, but we have proven he has viable sperm. He will be able to have a family, children, a legacy. Do you have any idea how much I would give for that? Who among you does not regret the part of the change that took that away from them forever?" I could see them thinking. "Only a fool would reject that."

"Then a fool I must be, because I'd rather die than live with these... these monsters you have created."

"We are the monsters, Vincent." He stared at him, then the other two Masters, then the men behind them. "The Masters came here as part of a larger plan to take over the Council, a plan that has failed miserably. The attack on the Sulphur River Pack has been repulsed and Master Snow has been captured. The attack on the Vampire Council has also failed, all but a few of them are dead and those that fled the area will be tracked down and killed before sunrise. You lost the element of surprise, and now you face two of the strongest Vampires in existence and a Hybrid who is the match of a young Master. If any of you kneel before me and pledge your loyalty to the Council, you will not be destroyed with the others."

"He LIES," Master Hermann said.

He motioned to one of the men, who brought my phone forward so he could hold it out. "Chief Enforcer Randall Meechum, another hybrid, is with us right now. Randall, what's the status?"

"The bodies have been bagged and we're into cleanup," he said. "We've managed the humans, but the pool table and bar area are pretty much toast now. Hey, let me get someone for you."

The next voice was Master Jarrod's. "Ah, I see you have people over as well. Our guests could not stay long. As you can see, they couldn't hold things together." I later found out they had stacked the heads of the vampires and had shown that to Master Vincent and the others.

"Well, we shouldn't keep our guests waiting, it's rude to talk on the phone and not include them. I'll call you in a few minutes, this won't take long," Nikolai said. He handed the phone back. "You've lost, Vincent."

It was the men behind him coming to give themselves up that triggered the battle. An enraged Hermann decapitated one, and we were on the enemy like a duck on a June bug.

Vincent barely got his hands up to stop Nikolai's attack, and I lost view of their battle as I rushed towards Master Hermann. He slashed towards my neck, a move I expected and blocked with my left forearm. He didn't expect the speed of my reaction to match his, and wasn't ready for my right hand as I dropped down. My hybrid claws slashed across his stomach, slicing four long furrows across his suit and into his stomach muscles.

His eyes flashed in anger as I jumped back, avoiding his left hand. I moved to my right, knowing my Enforcers and allied Vampires would have my flank. I focused on Hermann as the room exploded in an orgy of blood and body parts.

He attacked with the confidence of a man who considered himself superior to me, thinking my size and sex would be a huge disadvantage. I smiled as I avoided the best he had, and he was becoming frustrated. Unlike him, I had been fighting vampires and werewolves for years, and Marceline was more of a challenge than he was. With every attack, I used my lightning-fast counters to draw blood. I had a few deep cuts, while he was bleeding in dozens of places.

The room was suddenly quiet, but I couldn't take my eyes off him. I could see Nikolai and Leonardo standing behind him as the remaining defenders circled us. I could sense Hermann's fear as he realized he was the only one left. I shifted back to my normal form so I could talk. "You underestimated me, just like the others, and that is why you will die."

"It wasn't personal, Talia. I did what I had to do."

"So will I." He lunged for me and I stepped under his attack, using my left arm to swing around his chest as I launched myself onto his back. My legs wrapped around his hips while my right hand stabbed into his neck from behind. A claw punched through the base of his head and into his brain stem. He lost control of his body and started to fall before I could pull my hand away. He was dead, but I made sure. Slicing across his neck, I severed his head and kicked it aside.

Standing up, I heard a slow clap building as Master Nikolai and the others saluted me. I looked around; the attackers were all dead along with a half-dozen of our side. Five vampires were on their knees, hands over their head, having given up when the fight started. In the corner, two Enforcers and one vampire were sitting, their wounds being tended by the others. "It's over?"

"It is," Nikolai said.

"Good, now someone get a shirt on my Mate before I lose my shit here," I heard from my phone.

"They know I'm yours," I said as I walked to a cabinet by the door. Shifting and losing clothes was common, so many rooms had a cabinet with spares. I pulled a long T-shirt over my body then walked to the phone. "I'm fine, really."

"You're bleeding."

"It's nothing."

The door to the safe room had been opened, and Brent rushed out and embraced me. "You should have let me fight," he said.

"My job is to protect you, even from yourself," I said.

"Baby, I'll call you back when things calm down, we've got some cleanup here too." I closed the conference and checked on my Enforcers. When the last had been sent to Medical with the doctors, Brent ordered me to follow. "Why? I'm going to be fine, it's just some slashes."

"Humor me," he said. "And if you can't do that, it's an order. We've got plenty of people who can take care of this mess."

I reluctantly walked to the Clinic, my Vampire healing closing the wounds as I waited my turn. Patty came to sit with me and we started to talk about my wedding plans. "Have you picked a date?"

"Mom, he's not even asked me to marry him yet!"

She waved her hand. "He mated you and he got you a ring, I bet you're wearing it within a day of him returning to you." She was probably right; Randall was one of those 'know what you want and get it' types. "Just don't wait too long."

"You know there are plenty of other sons and daughters who are newly mated, you don't have to pressure me to give you grandchildren."

She just smiled as the Doctor approached. "Please sit and remove your shirt, Chief Enforcer," she said. I walked into the exam room as Patty said something in her ear. She smiled and came in, closing the door behind her. She cleaned the blood off, amazed that the deep cuts had already scabbed over. Testing my range of motion, she found the muscle was already healing as much as a werewolf would in two days. "Well, at this rate you'll be fine by morning." I could have told her that, vampire healing rocked. "Now give me a sample, the bathroom is through there," she said.

"Why?"

"This is as close to a physical as I've been able to give you since you arrived, and I am responsible for your medical care."

I took the cup and went to the bathroom, filling it before bringing it back out and washing up. She pulled out a test from a drawer and my eyes bugged out. "Is that a..."

"Pregnancy test. You're newly mated, so you're sexually active?"

"And adventurous," I said.

"With only two female hybrids, I intend to monitor you closely to see if your body works differently than a normal werewolf female when it comes to heats and reproduction. Have you felt any symptoms of a heat coming on? Restlessness, night sweats, excessive sexual arousal?"

I blushed. "No physical symptoms, and if you saw my mate you'd understand it's anything but excessive."

"Well, if you don't want to start a family, you should think of using birth control. You are young and healthy, so you have a good chance if..." Her timer beeped, and we both looked down at the test.

A faint plus sign showed in the panel. I was pregnant.

Ch. 77

Tania's POV

Tomah Pack Safe Room

"It's over?" I leaned back into Bobby's chest as we sat at the laptop in the security section of our safe room. The entire Pack had been in here all night due to the threats of Vampire attacks. Bobby and I had been sitting in the room all night with the warriors. Two were constantly monitoring the cameras and motion sensors, and we were trying to keep up with what was happening elsewhere.

I had felt helpless, and I hated that feeling.

"We think so," Chairman Brent said. "The rebel vampire attacks on the two Councils and the Sulphur River Pack failed, and we have no reports of other attacks. Chairman Nikolai is laying down the law to the remaining Covens right now." He was making it very clear that any Vampire who violated the peace he had made would be eliminated, them and their Coven. "We're still cleaning up from the attack here. What I'd like to do is get all of the Packs together at 0600 Eastern time on a videoconference. We've got a lot to catch up on."

"We can handle making the calls for you, I'm sure you have lots of other stuff to do," Bobby said. It was just over an hour away. "Is it safe to leave the room yet?"

"I wouldn't do that until sunrise, just to be sure," he said. "I have to go. Love you guys, talk to you soon."

"Love you Dad," Bobby said, then the video call ended. We went to work immediately, sending out a blast email to all the Alphas and Betas in North America, then following up with phone calls. It would have been easier if we had Council members for each region, but those elections were yet to happen. We finished in time to freshen up and grab a snack, then we put the conference on the laptop screen in front of us. The conference was being sent to monitors in the main area, so the whole Pack could watch, but only the two of us would be able to talk.

"Good morning Alphas," Brent started. "This isn't how I imagined my first day as Chairman would play out, but things have happened quickly. With me here in Council Headquarters are Vampire Council Chair Nikolai, Vampire Master Leonardo, and Werewolf Council Chief Enforcer Talia Meechum. Yesterday, the two Masters arrived at our Council Headquarters at the invitation of the former Chair, Talia."

"I wanted to show the Vampire leadership that we were taking strong actions to root out the corruption and illegal experimentation on captured vampires," Talia said. "This was key to securing the peace, a peace that our new Chairman sealed in blood a few hours ago. It was not a peace that all Covens agreed with, and some of them rebelled against their own Council. We were attacked last night by three of them."

There was outrage among the Alphas, attacking our Council was a declaration of war. Brent held his hand up and waited for quiet. "The attacks were not against us directly. They were aimed at toppling the Vampire Council members here today so the peace talks would collapse. That did not happen, because our vampire allies fought side by side with our Enforcers to hold them off. The attack was not without casualties; many fell in our defense."

Chairman Nikolai leaned forward. "The Covens that did this are gone, destroyed. The Vampire Council wants peace, and our Covens are in agreement now. We will not be the ones to dishonor the sacrifices made to bring this about."

One of the West Coast Alphas interrupted. "Mr. Charmain, wasn't part of the issue the Hybrids that the Vampires created? What is happening with them?" I felt my wolf coming forward, now they were talking about my sister.

"The hybrids are a new thing, and both Councils are unsure as to what it all means for our kinds," Brent said.

"We have only one who was created without extenuating circumstances, and that was Talia here four years ago," Nikolai said. "The most sacred thing among Werewolves is the mating bond; Randall was Talia's mate, and her bite is fatal to Werewolves, so Randall was changed to be like her. The real shock was with Erica. When she found her mate in a Vampire, it shook our worldview." He paused to gather himself. "Vampires might find love, they may change their love so they don't grow old, but we don't have mates. Yet, Eduardo found his with a werewolf, our historical enemies. She had to be changed to mate with him, and to our shock, he changed when he mated with her. The two things that are part of the Vampire 'curse' were the inability to be in the sun and the loss of our ability to procreate. The dead cannot sire the living, that is what we have always known."

"Wait," an East Coast Alpha said. "You mean this mating cured those two things?"

"Yes. Eduardo is no longer like me or the other Vampires, he is something more. He hasn't lost his Vampire characteristics, but he is now a Daywalker with viable sperm. He is the evolution of our kind, just as Erica is the evolution of yours. The Vampire Council and the Covens are aware of the implications for both our kinds. We know that we may find mates among your kind, and you may find your matches among ours. Mated pairs have always been the way to build bridges. There isn't a Vampire out there who isn't filled with hope that they may find what Eduardo has found."

"Imagine, a whole population of adults who might find their mates in Werewolves," Brent continued. "We have to help them find each other."

"Are you going to allow for werewolves to become hybrids if they volunteer," Alpha John of Thief River Falls asked. "We have seen how strong Talia became, there is not an Alpha among us who does not want that power."

"I wish it was that easy," Nikolai said. "Only a Vampire Master can do the change, and if you talk to any of the hybrids, they will tell you the change is incredibly painful. The Vampire Council has forbidden making any future hybrids until we know more."

This didn't calm the Alphas, who respected power about all else. Having a young female become the Alpha Killer was intolerable to them. "CHAIRMAN NIKOLAI, a moment please," Kimberly said from the Sulphur River Pack House, Erica sitting next to her. "There is one more Hybrid you are not aware of."

partwolf
partwolf
2,311 Followers