Although Lovers Be Lost Ch. 02

Story Info
Vincent and Catherine celebrate their one year anniversary.
1k words
4
8.2k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/05/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the love story of Vincent and Catherine. It also includes several other characters as well as their storylines. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the T.V. show "Beauty and the Beast", yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all the parts of this story will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot. First and foremost, this story is a romance/drama, not a sex story.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own "Beauty and the Beast" or the characters and I will NOT be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

~*~Longing~*~

"Catherine, I am here," Vincent spoke in his deep, beautiful voice, stepping over the brick wall of Catherine's balcony, his ebony cloak blowing in the cool breeze.

Cathy wore a long white dress accented in delicate blue lace. She looked beautiful as the scars on her face had been repaired with plastic surgery several months ago. She was even lovelier in candlelight, for soft music and glowing candles were part of the mood she had created this night. The tender music of Chopin played on a nearby stereo. The comforting melody soothed Vincent's senses as it was especially appealling to his overly-acute hearing.

"Vincent," Cathy whispered, gliding into his embrace and pressing her cheek to his steady heartbeat.

He looked into her jewel-like green eyes in the candle-glow as they slowly drew apart. "I've missed you so," she said, still whispering.

"I know. I've felt your longing."

That had been the gift he had been given. Ever since the night he had saved her life, they had shared a special bond. He had been blessed with the ability to sense her thoughts, her feelings, at times her words before she could even speak them. When danger threatened, he could feel it, and more than once he had come to her rescue when her work at the District Attorney's office had led her into violent situations. It had been Vincent who had come to her aid when her attacker's had made a second attempt on her life. He had ripped them to shreds with his giant claws, mauling them relentlessly with his deadly teeth. Then he had gathered Catherine up into his arms, comforting her with the infinite tenderness he had for her.

"One year ago tonight... one year ago, you saved my life... and you showed me what it is to love," spoke Catherine.

He took her hand in his, pressing it to the beat of his heart. She watched his expressive eyes darken from the warmth of her touch. "It's you who has captured my heart," he said huskily. His hand was so big, so large and powerful, that it caused Catherine to melt inside when he touched her.

Her fingers caressed the silken fur of his palm, slowing tracing over the flesh and golden hair on the back of his hand. "I want to be with you, Vincent. I want to come Below tonight."

Slowly then, he disengaged his hand from hers, and she felt him carefully putting distance between their bodies, until they were now just inches from touching. "You know that cannot be. You belong here, Catherine. You know that."

A flash of pain cut across her face, taking the smile from her eyes for just an instant. "Yes. If only..."

"Someday, Catherine. Someday, our dream will be a reality."

Their dream...their dream was to be together, truly together in every sense of the word. "I know what you say is true. Yet at times...I find it difficult to remain patient."

He didn't speak for a few moments, as though he were letting her words, her feelings take shape inside his heart. "We must have the courage, the strength to control our deepest desires. We cannot act to those feelings yet. To do so might just be disasterous."

The look in his eyes spoke of silent warning, and something told Catherine she should be afraid, but she wasn't. Vincent had shown her nothing but tenderness, his inhuman strength only unleashed when he had been giving her his protection. She was certain he would never intentionally harm her. If only Vincent himself could be as certain as she was.

She wanted to say something; to protest, but that sad, faraway look on his face stopped her words. She did not want to torment him, to push him into something he was not yet able to give. She smiled softly, raising her hand to lovingly caress his cheek. Her fingers trembled, but it had nothing to do with fear.

"This night is beautiful. I'm glad you could share it with me." The gorgeous smile had returned to her eyes and for that, Vincent was glad.

"I've brought something for you. A gift."

Her eyes widened. A gift? "You've already given me the greatest gift of all. My life; your love-."

He reached into the worn pocket of his wool cloak, withdrawing a long silver chain. Cathy gasped at the shiny rectangular prism which dangled from the chain. It was no larger than her index finger, but gave beautiful rays of color as it gleamed in the candlelight. As he lifted her dark-blond hair and placed the chaine around her neck with tenderness, rainbow shimmers touched the white fabric of Catherine's dress.

"Vincent, it's beautiful," she spoke, caressing the prism with the love she felt for him. He watched as tears filled her eyes, threatening to spill.

"I found it Below... in a forgotten cavern. It reminded me of your beauty. So I had it made into a necklace."

A tear slowly trailed down her cheek, reminding him of the terrible cuts which had made bloody paths down her face one year ago. "How can I say thank you? You've given me... everything. Vincent, I have no gift for you..."

"Catherine," he sighed deeply, drawing her close and gazing into her eyes. "I already have your gift. Your heart."