Always Faithful – To the Bitter End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Monday came and Dan felt sad and tired as he walked through the front door, but by the time he arrived at the office his energy and passion seemed to return. "Finally," he thought to himself, "I'm getting over this." Unfortunately, later, as he turned into his driveway, he knew he hadn't. Entering his home, everywhere he looked, he imagined Greg fucking his wife and his wife begging for more, telling him how much better he was than her, how she preferred him over her husband. He almost walked out then, but Laura kissed him hello and he knew that together they would get through this.

Laura tried every night that following week but she and Dan never managed to have sex. She was equally unsuccessful the following week. In fact, not only did Laura fail to provide Dan with the sex she had always depended on to heal Dan's pain, but she discovered she could not even produce a useable erection in Dan. Oh, Dan's dick would get hard at her touch, but suddenly it would go soft. The less success she had the more desperate she became. Since dating Greg, hurting and humiliating Dan had become an aphrodisiac for her and for Greg. Laura admitted this to herself, but she never wanted to destroy Dan. She loved him and expected to spend the rest of her life with him and that meant fucking him too.

The following weekend, things seem to get better when after a nice dinner they stopped at a lake to sip some wine and watch the moon float over the water. Soon Dan was hard and not wasting an opportunity Laura mounted him right there in the car and gave them both the release they both craved needed. Similar events happened twice more that week and Laura thought the crisis had passed. Of course it hadn't, she just never realized that since telling him that Greg had used their home as a playground, the only time Dan had been able to maintain his hard-on was outside their home.

Two weeks later, following a wonderful night of outdoor love making, both Laura and Dan were sitting on their patio, enjoying their Sunday brunch. Dan's tension started to climb when he heard Laura say, "Dan, I have made a decision about my relationship with Greg. We need to talk about it."

Dan's gut immediately tightened, as he instinctively knew how these discussions always turned out. "For simplicities sake, Laura, let's start with your decision shall we. If you are going to leave just tell me."

"Silly, I am not leaving you for Greg, well not exactly."

"What does "not exactly" mean?"

By this time in her relationship with Dan she no longer considered the need for tact or compassion. The only communication tool she had any practice with during the last two years was being direct.

"I have decided that I want to live Greg until the end of the year."

Dan's reaction was immediate and surprisingly forceful, "Are you out of your mind? You want to live with Greg for the next 7-months. Why? Test driving my replacement? Laura, when did you become such cruel bitch?"

"No I am not out of my mind and Baby, I may sound cruel, but that isn't what I am trying to be. I love you; I could never be cruel to you."

"Could never be cruel to me? Laura, when did you decide I was a complete idiot? You have told me to my face that you have been cruel to me for no reason except you felt compelled to be. Maybe you have forgotten those discussions but I sure haven't. "

Dan stood up and walked into the house. Laura just sat wondering if she had finally ruined her marriage. She hoped not with all her heart, but she wasn't' sure anymore. "

Ten minutes later Dan returned and dropped down into his chair. "Why do you need seven more months?"

Laura knew this was her one chance, "I want to know what it is like to commit myself totally to another man. I want to commit to Greg alone." In the long silence that followed she wondered what Dan was thinking. If Dan told her no, she would back off. She would back off, because she really did love him and not being married to him was

something she had never really considered.

After a very long silence, Dan looked at her and asked when she planned to leave. It wasn't his words that took her by surprise; rather it was the flat tone in which he delivered them. She knew this wasn't good, but thought it better to take advantage of his decision while she could. When they reunited she would have time to make it up to

him.

"I was thinking about this afternoon if that's okay?"

"Laura, you can go to Greg but I have some conditions."

"Thank you. What are your conditions?"

"There are really only two. First, when you leave today, you take everything you need with you. I can let you go today, but I don't think I can do it in a piece meal fashion. This condition is not to hurt you but to protect me. Do you agree?"

"Yes, I agree."

"The second is this, since you want to live the rest of year committed to Greg then do so, but leave ALL the rings and jewelry I have purchased over the years for my wife in Artsy's box."

"Yes, Baby I can do that too."

"Then get packing and let me know if you need my help."

Laura stood up and with tears in her eyes kissed her husband and in all sincerity thanked him and told him how much she loved him. The rest of the afternoon was a blur as Laura packed what she needed to move out of Dan's life and full time into Greg's. When she was finished, she sat with Dan at their dining table sharing a cold drink.

He opened Artsy's box and watched silently as she placed her wedding rings inside. Without comment he watched her eyes widen as she realized his wedding band had already been placed inside. This was something new and she understood it as his way of telling her how mad he was. But she was now committed to Greg for the rest of the year and foolishly made no comment. After he closed the lid, husband and wife looked at each other in complete silence, each lost in their own thoughts and fears. When the silence became too painful, Dan softly spoke.

"Laura, you do realize that I don't want you go don't you?"

"Yes Baby, I know that, you couldn't love me if you didn't feel that way."

"When you walk at that door and become Greg's wife you will break my heart Laura and every day you are gone, it will break a bit more. Tell me you realize that?

"I know it will hurt Baby, but think how much more you will appreciate me when I return."

"Are you going to return Laura? Are you?"

"I always return to you my love, always."

Opening the door as she prepared to leave, Laura looked back to Dan and knew she needed to offer him something to ease his pain, "You know, if you miss me too much, you can always call Greg and ask him if he'll let me go on a date."

Once again, Dan looked at her with disbelief. "Are you saying that if I want to see you during the next 7-months, I have to call Greg and ask him for permission?"

"Yes."

Shaking his head, Laura watched in surprise as she saw anger flash anger across his face. "Why should he be angry," she thought, "I just told him I would be available if he really needed me." Dan on the other hand successfully fought the urge to scream that she was his wife and that was one humiliation he would never accept from her. Instead he looked into her eyes and very softly said, "Thank you for the offer, but I have never dated a married woman and it is unlikely I will start now."

Laura's eyes blinked twice before she caught herself. She didn't understand his reaction. She had just told him that if he needed her she was always available, yet his answer was filled with anger. It wasn't the words but the tone that was angry. She really needed to understand this; she felt it was very important to understand it. But

she knew just being there right now was hurting him and she didn't want to see any more of Dan's pain. So she turned away and doing so said over her shoulder, "I love you Baby."

Dan closed his eyes as he spoke his reply, "Be a good wife to Greg, Baby, be a good wife." Closing the door, Dan repeated it once again, "Be a good wife to Greg, Baby, and be a better wife than you have been to me these last two years."

A few minutes after the departure of his wife, Greg headed down to his basement. Down here was something that had been dreading ever since he learned of Greg's birthday gift. In the basement, Dan opened the only locked door in the house. On the other side of the door was the heart of the security system that Interior Decorator and Artsy and insisted he install. They told him it was necessary once he had become widely known as collector. Aside from the usual sensors, this system had motion activated video cams in every room as well as pressure and touch sensors attached to all of the art. Stored here was a month long video history of everything that happened within their home.

Dan turn pulled up the video menu and selected the correct date and started watching on fast forward. Ten minutes later he knew that Laura had not lied. Not only had she taken her lover into their marital bed but from the looks of it every room and piece of furniture that would support their weight. In time Dan might have gotten past the fast forwarded images, unfortunately, the one time he ran the video at normal speed would orever be etched in his mind and heart. As if Laura had planned to maximize its impact, the only audio Dan heard from the recordings, was of his wife telling her lover that whenever her husband fucked her in this bed she would always think of how she was being fucked right now.

For the first time in his adult life Dan wept. He didn't cry, he wept. Every tear that fell done his face felt like a piece of his soul being stripped away. When Dan ran out of tears it was early in the morning and he was numb to the world. He no longer felt or wanted to feel. Love and hate were both gone from him as were desire or want. He prayed that he would always feel that way. It would be one more unanswered prayer. When he heard the morning alarm blaring from the bedroom, he woke up to find himself sleeping on the living room floor and he immediately knew what to do. The few hours of sleep had provided answers that his waking mind had not.

First he called the office and told them he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be in. Next he packed two suitcases with essentials and left his house. As he locked the doors Dan accepted that his home was now gone. It had been destroyed by Laura's actions and words. First she had violated their home by fucking her lover within its walls. Then she completed its destruction by walking out of their home to become another man's wife. No, Dan would never again consider this building anything other than a house.

After checking into a hotel close to the office, Dan picked up the phone and start dialing. Two hours later he had the name of the lawyer he was looking for and an appointment for later that day.

After a brief introduction to his new lawyer, Dan explained that it was probable that he would be divorcing his wife of many years and wanted to understand the process and what he could expect in way of a settlement. After many questions about Dan's and Laura's earnings and assets, the lawyer proceeded to explain the divorce process, the time frames and they type of settlement he should expect. After hearing his lawyer out, Dan proceeded to explain Laura's affair. He left nothing out and was brutally honest about his own involvement. At the end, Dan gave him 2 DVDs containing video's of Laura and Greg. Smiling at Dan, the lawyer told him that this would tip any settlement in his favor.

By meetings end, Dan had directed his lawyer to draw up the divorce papers but not to serve them. He told them that they might never be served, but if they were it would between now and next March. He had also engaged a private investigation firm to obtain more evidence of Laura's current attempt to fill the role of Greg's wife. Dan explicitly told his lawyer and investigator that he never wanted to see the evidence but wanted the lawyer to have everything possible should the need ever arise.

The next day, Dan returned to his office and threw himself into his work. This way he was able to keep Laura out of his thoughts at least until it was time to go home. But Dan had no home now, just a cheerless hotel room. Friday, Artsy called to remind him of Saturday's opening and after hearing the pain in his voice agreed to meet him at the Palette later that night.

Dan sat waiting for Artsy but was not thinking of her, he wasn't thinking at all, he was just sitting. Just sitting until Artsy walked through the door. When he saw her smile at him, he realized just how much he needed to be with someone he could talk to, who cared for him.

After the pleasant hello kiss and some feel good conversation, Artsy finally got Dan to tell him why he was so down. Artsy sat there and held Dan's hand as he told her that she had left to be Greg's wife for the rest of the year. Artsy could not believing what Laura was doing to this man, a man, whose only crime she could find, was that he loved his wife beyond reason. She held him as he cried. Then she wiped away his tears and looking straight into his eyes told him, what he already knew. "Laura is a certified bitch. I told you when we first met that I don't date married men. Dan, after this I don't consider you married and as of this moment, if you want me I'm yours."

Dan didn't have the words, so he did the only thing he could think of, he kissed her. He kissed her passionately, publically and as he did he could feel Laura's pain leeching out of him. Not all of it, but enough so that he could remember what hope felt like. When that kiss ended, Artsy grabbed his hand and said let's go home, there is something I have been wanting to do since our first kiss.

As they each got into their own cars Laura yelled to him that she would meet him at his home and took off. Dan was too slow and before he could respond, all he could see were her tail lights. So he got into his car and headed to his house, amazed at quickly warmth and joy could be replaced with shame and dread. By the time he pulled into the

driveway of what had once been his home, Artsy had been waiting for 15 minutes. As the engine died, Artsy slid into the passenger seat.

"Are you okay? I was starting to get worried."

As Dan opened the door the indoor light came on and she saw that Dan was pale, really pale. She pulled him back into the car and waited until the light went off.

"Dan, tell me what's wrong. If you don't want me tonight, I'll understand Laura has hurt you a great deal. We can be together another time."

Dan looked at her and for the second time tonight she saw a tear slowly cascade down his cheek. She waited as patiently as she could, giving this good man all the time he needed.

Finally, she heard him take a breath and he related the story of how his wife had welcomed him home after a 3-month absence and 3 week business trip. If Artsy was shocked before, now she was furious. "Nobody," she thought herself, "Nobody should be treated this way, not even your worst enemy. But to treat one that loves like this man

loves, is crime." At the moment, Artsy swore to herself, that she would do everything in her power to prevent Dan from ever being hurt by that cunt again.

Then Dan went on to explain how it was no longer a home to him just a house and one filled with memories of love betrayed. He admitted to her, that he was no longer able to sleep inside it anymore and was going to a hotel every night.

That's all she needed to hear. She kissed him and told him to follow her to her home. He did and they spent a very passionate but more importantly a very healing night.

The next morning, Dan called in sick again. This time he let Artsy take him around town and show him possible places he could live in. It had only taken a brief discussion over breakfast for Artsy to convince him that sleeping in a hotel made no sense. About 4pm, Dan walked into the 5th house of the day and smiled.. Ten minutes later he knew that this would never be a home. It would never be a place for him and another to settle down and raise a family, but it was perfect for him now. It was a newly renovated loft. It was close to the city, had two large bedrooms, a gourmet kitchen and large wet bar. Even better it was an incredible space for displaying art. A lease was signed and a deposit placed before Dan took Artsy to celebrate.

During dinner, after a pleasant but quick kiss, Dan told Artsy he had come to a decision. He told that he had started calling her Artsy because he didn't want Laura to feel threatened by her. He knew that she liked the nickname, but felt it was no longer appropriate. Last night you told me you were mine and you made love to me. You made me feel whole and more importantly like a man again. To attempt to hide something so wonderful would not be right, could not be right. So from this moment on, to everyone I know you are Leanne. She smiled. He grinned and kissed her softly. Ending the kiss he whispered, but in bed and alone, you will always be Artsy my personal muse. Hearing that, she pulled him back to her lips and this time it was not soft or gentle. It was strong, it was full of heat and meaning and need. They were soon back in Leanne's bed exploring the depth of its meaning and their mutual need.

---------------------------------------------------

A couple of weeks after moving into his new loft, Dan arranged to meet Laura after work via email. They met at the Starbuck's near her office. As Laura was in a hurry to get home that night she had made it very clear that the meeting would have to be very brief. Dan greeted her as he would have greeted any wife of a friend or a colleague. He smiled, gave her a chaste hug and kiss on the cheek. Laura was surprised, but happy that Dan was not trying to push her or interrupt her time as Greg's wife. Dan acknowledged that she had little time and quickly presented her with a number of documents that required their joint signature. Dan told her that included in the documents were power of attorney's so he could manage their insurance and investments without having to interrupt her time with Greg. She quickly signed them all before leaving she gave him a soft kiss on the lips and thanked him for thinking of her and letting her enjoy her other husband. He sat there smiling as she rushed out the store and into her car.

The next day, Dan selected a real estate agent and put his old house on the market. Because his interest was in a quick sale, his asking price was $25,000 below the market value. He also called Interior Decorator and arranged for all of the art he had collected to be moved from the house to his new loft. That weekend Leanne and Dan

jointly determined the location of every piece. When then were done half of the loft looked very livable, while the other half looked like the Guggenheim. Dan was really quite proud of it. It was only later, after making love to Leanne did he realize, he didn't even miss the two paintings of Laura. With a sigh and soft smile he rolled

over and went to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------

As detailed elsewhere Laura's and Dan's life continued to go their separate ways. Laura settled into the role of Greg's domesticated wife and Dan found continued success at work and in his art collection. During the ensuing months Dan did not contact Laura nor did she find a reason to contact him, until the holidays arrived.

---------------------------------------------------

It was the middle of October when Dan picked up his cell phone and was surprised to hear Laura's voice.

"Hello Baby, do you have a minute to talk?"

"What about?"

Dan sounded like himself and Laura knew she had made the right decision. "Baby, I wanted to talk to you about how we were going to handle Thanksgiving this year."